PDA

View Full Version : #4 Villanova at #1 Richmond discussion/prediction thread

Pages : 1 [2]

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Richmond takes football very seriously apparently

LacesOut
November 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
holy crap... did anyone else's feed have the "f-bomb" get dropped by someone who is obviously on a microphone and does not realize it?

Yeah! WTF was that about???!!!

Oh and congrats 'Nova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Great game by Nova today and a tough break for Richmond.

Bettina90
What a game, no idea what got into the Richmond kicking game.

Philliesfan980
I heard that too.. didn't sound like either of the TV play by play guys.

kdinva
November 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I saw that!

"What a bum! C'mon, end this F****ng game, already! UUUHH!"

Was that one of the announcers?
I heard it, too...........

Feel bad for Andrew Howard, a truly fine kicker. Again, Long-snapper auditions on Boatwright Dr. on monday.

Tribe4SF
November 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Who was it on here that predicted Spider kicking game would cost them this game. Prophetic.

jmu_duke07
November 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
haha they just apologized for the profanity! Looks like comcast has a huge fine with the fcc..

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Way to go Wildcats! Congrats.

Philliesfan980
November 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Can we get a confirmation of who did it? It almost seemed like someone in the truck got access to the feed.

UNHFootballAlum
November 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Great game... too bad someone had to lose. It could benefit UNH if they can win out

Gordon Shumway
November 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Congrats to the other Wildcats.

That F-bomb was hysterical. It was on DirecTV also. After a slight pause the same guy said: "C'mon, lets get out of here and go home" in a real disgusted tone. xlolx

JMad03
November 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
It definitely wasn't a CSN commentator. The color guy was talking when the f-bomb feed came in. Also the guy was whistling Final Countdown secs later.
If he was indeed on the staff, don't think he will be anymore.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a fine also.

93henfan
Whoever it was said:

"What a bum! Come on. End this f***ing game. Ugh. Let's go home already."

Then they started whistling "The Final Countdown" and blew into the microphone.

This was over top of the play-by-play announcer, so it had to be external to the booth. Maybe the truck? xlolx

HiHiYikas

That F-bomb was hysterical. It was on DirecTV also. After a slight pause the same guy said: "C'mon, lets get out of here and go home" in a real disgusted tone. xlolx
Has anyone confirmed this guy's whereabouts?

http://moderateleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/billo.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
If it was only on cable TV and not broadcast over the radio or on broadcast TV, there's no FCC problem. Funny, but probably not a big deal.

Sader87
November 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Score? Time?

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
sorry..... all we hear about is AE this and AE that..... Ward is a winner... i dont care if richmond makes this field goal or not..... Ward should get the Payton this year

Ward and AE have the same number of losses this year. xrulesx

GreatAppSt
November 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Ward and AE have the same number of losses this year. xrulesx AE has a longer win streak.xthumbsupx

Eight Legger
November 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Just got home...great game, great atmosphere, and whoever thinks we can't draw a crowd at UR, I present today's game as evidence to the contrary. We should have won the game, and yet we also should have lost by more than one. Kudos to Villanova for doing what they needed to do to win the game.

I would never have expected to be kicking for the win in a game in which we turned the ball over 3 times to a team like Nova, but yet there we were. If we had a snapper or kicker who could perform in the clutch, we'd still be undefeated.

Anovafan
November 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Just got home...great game, great atmosphere, and whoever thinks we can't draw a crowd at UR, I present today's game as evidence to the contrary. We should have won the game, and yet we also should have lost by more than one. Kudos to Villanova for doing what they needed to do to win the game.

I would never have expected to be kicking for the win in a game in which we turned the ball over 3 times to a team like Nova, but yet there we were. If we had a snapper or kicker who could perform in the clutch, we'd still be undefeated.

I couldn't agree more, both teams should have lost the game and both teams should have won the game, in a strange sort of way. Both teams are very close in my opinion. Something tells me the committee will line them up in the same side of the bracket this year. We will see if both teams can get there.

Hoyadestroya85
November 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
That was possibly the most bizarre game I've ever witnessed..

SpidersSportsEditor
November 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
If they are on the same side of the bracket, I bet these teams meet again in the semifinals, except this time Nova will have the luxury of home field.

Eight Legger
November 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
We need to beat W&M and that will most likely happen. I don't want to slide to a fourth seed and have to worry about traveling to Montana.

Anovafan
November 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
We need to beat W&M and that will most likely happen. I don't want to slide to a fourth seed and have to worry about traveling to Montana.

If UR loses to W&M, you won't be a 4th seed. You won't even be seeded.

NovaHater
November 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Glad to see this game live up to it's expectations, some great plays made by both teams. You got to give Ward all the respect with the way he led the Spiders down the field in those final 59 seconds. Whitney seldom gets the recognition in the CAA but he continues to win.

Now W&M, take care of business at home next week.xthumbsupx

Spiders still have a tough one left in that last game while Nova gets to finish out against the "bottom dwellers" of the CAA South.

All eyes on W&M next 2 weeks

Bettina90
November 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM

I can't even wrap my head around the seeds after this outcome. Doesn't UNH have to get the highest CAA seed if they win out? So call them #2. Nova probably comes in next so call them #3. Winner of UR-W&M gets the fourth? Or does that go to whoever wins the SoCon or the OVC/MVC, whatever its called.

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I can't even wrap my head around the seeds after this outcome. Doesn't UNH have to get the highest CAA seed if they win out? So call them #2. Nova probably comes in next so call them #3. Winner of UR-W&M gets the fourth? Or does that go to whoever wins the SoCon or the OVC/MVC, whatever its called.

If UNH wins out, they beat W&M and W&M has 0 shot at a seed.

SIU and Montana have 2 of the seeds assuming they win out. Nova looks to have wrapped up a seed to barring an upset.

That leaves 1 seed left for UNH, W&M, Richmond, App. St. and Elon.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM

I don't think there is any way UNH gets a higher seed than Villanova. Yes, they beat Nova head to head, but the loss to UMass is a much worse loss than Nova to UNH. And, if Richmond wins out, there is no way they should get a lower seed than UNH. The CAA North is a joke compared to the South, and if the selection committee even pretends to acknowledge that, UNH will be behind Nova and UR.

Of course, lots of football to be played even with only two weeks left. W&M should just take care of business against UNH and then the winner of UR/W&M gets the last seed (unless App. State sneaks in there because of the revenue they draw.)

Eight Legger
November 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
If UR loses to W&M, you won't be a 4th seed. You won't even be seeded.

Duh. What I said was that if we beat W&M, we would be seeded and would most likely be on the same side of the bracket as Nova. Obviously we won't get a seed if we lose to them.

As for the UNH/W&M/UR trifecta, I'd say if UNH and UR win out, UR gets the seed. If W&M wins out, then obviously it would eliminate UNH and UR from getting seeds and would get one itself. If only UR wins out, then it probably gets a 3 seed.

rcny46
November 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'm sick of trying to sort out all of the possibilities;I'll just wait until the 22nd.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2009, 09:15 PM
holy crap... did anyone else's feed have the "f-bomb" get dropped by someone who is obviously on a microphone and does not realize it?

Yeah, it was the second commentator. He hasn't said a word since.

Was that one of the 2 announcers? Didn't sound like them

"End This ******* Game Already" xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Live TV Quote of the Year!!!!!

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

It definitely wasn't a CSN commentator. The color guy was talking when the f-bomb feed came in. Also the guy was whistling Final Countdown secs later.
If he was indeed on the staff, don't think he will be anymore.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a fine also.

My wife and I heard this too - and my six year old son. thankfully, did not. Hilarious yes - but heads should roll over it, no question. I mean, it blurted out during a replay of the most pivotal play of the game - the missed FG! This wasn't during a UMass/URI blowout or a Nova/W&M game that wasn't that exciting. This was during the final play of the game of the year!

Our theory was that it was someone at ComcastSN HQ, since that Flyers pregame was so important... xrolleyesx It would make sense in a messed-up sort of way since the game ran late and the Flyers were due to come on in 15 minutes.

Adding more support to this theory is the fact that (in Philly anyway) they cut away almost immediately after the clock read 0:00 to go to Flyers pregame.

JMad03
November 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think it was someone in the studio, because he says something along the lines of "let's get this over with so we can go home already".
Based on the quality of the audio, it sounded to me like this dude was at the game somewhere. While he may not be at the studio, I would totally buy it being a guy in the trailer outside the stadium.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I was so curious, I pulled the tape and listened to it again.

As he was lining up to the FG, there was a huge sigh by someone, as well as "He's going to miss it."

Then the audio says "He missed it".

Then, "What a bum. End this f-ing game! Ugh! Let's go home already." (Whistling Final Countdown)

This was definitely a case of the audio from the guy in the truck getting superimposed on the commentary from the announcers. The announcers are totally innocent. At the same time, they DID cut back almost immediately after the clock read 0:00. I never heard the apology.

NHwildEcat
November 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Duh. What I said was that if we beat W&M, we would be seeded and would most likely be on the same side of the bracket as Nova. Obviously we won't get a seed if we lose to them.

As for the UNH/W&M/UR trifecta, I'd say if UNH and UR win out, UR gets the seed. If W&M wins out, then obviously it would eliminate UNH and UR from getting seeds and would get one itself. If only UR wins out, then it probably gets a 3 seed.

If UNH wins out they will get a seed...no matter what UR does.

ItsyBitsySpider
November 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Congrats Nova. I would rather win them all, but a 17-game win streak (including several high wire acts) is a lot of pressure to carry so let someone else deal with it and we'l go into the playoffs as a slight underdog.

BDKJMU
November 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
That leaves 1 seed left for UNH, W&M, Richmond, App. St. and Elon.

I'm sick of trying to sort out all of the possibilities;I'll just wait until the 22nd.

Exactly. Of those 5 teams still have:
UNH @ W&M
ASU @ Elon
W&M @ UR

Plus
SIU still has to play 6-4 Missouri St.
Nova still has to play 6-3 UD
Montana still has to play @ 6-3 Montana St

This is all going to work itself out where HIGHLY likely anyone who goes 10-1 will get a seed and possibly could even see a 9-2 get the #4 seed.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I think it's tricky. I actually think UNH's close wins over SF(PA), Hofstra, and Rhody are more likely to hurt the team than a 23-17 loss to UMass on homecoming on the final play of the game.

I'd be very surprised, assuming 'Nova and UNH win out, if UNH is not a seed. 10-1 with the only win over Villanova? Ask yourself, what's more impressive? Wins over 'Nova/W&M or wins over Richmond/W&M? I think 'Nova's wins over UD/Temple are better than Hofstra/Ball State, so that could be the justification, but I do think a 10-1 UNH (who beat 'Nova at home) deserves a seed over 10-1 Richmond who did not. That said, UNH needs to beat W&M, which they haven't done in forever, before talking about that.

MacThor
November 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Who was it on here that predicted Spider kicking game would cost them this game. Prophetic.

That would be me.

I have been lobbying to walk on for the long-snapper position for weeks.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Brandyn Harvey's catch was on plays of the day on College Football Final

MacThor
November 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Brandyn Harvey's catch was on plays of the day on College Football Final

So Richmond's kicking game didn't make it?