PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Prediction Thread - Week 9

carney2
October 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Are things clear now that Game of the Year, Part I is behind us?

Saturday, Oct 31

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE
GEORGETOWN @ Old Dominion

No OOC games in week 8, so the 2009 W-L totals remain at 18-14.

vs. Big South: 1-1
vs. CAA: 1-2
vs. Independents: 1-0
vs. Ivy League: 10-8
vs. MEAC: 0-1
vs. NEC: 4-2
vs. Pioneer: 1-0

OOC games remaining:

10/31 – GEORGETOWN @ Old Dominion
11/7 – GEORGETOWN @ Marist
11/14 – Richmond @ GEORGETOWN

Standings after week 8:

Holy Cross 2-0 PL, 6-1 Total
Lafayette 2-0, 6-1
Lehigh 2-0, 2-5
Colgate 2-1, 7-1
Bucknell 1-1, 3-4
Fordham 0-2, 3-4
Georgetown 0-5, 0-7

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
xnonoxWhat is with you, Carney have you no soul ,no compassion, we have our 2 game winning streak , no time to enjoy. Now get to see the Gate picks ( even my own) for next weekxbawlingx.

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM

None of those should be very promising to the PL's record as the Hoyas stand right now.

Still can't figure out why the PL front-loads all the conference games for Georgetown while the rest of the league starts their efforts in mid-October.

carney2
October 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
xnonoxWhat is with you, Carney have you no soul ,no compassion, we have our 2 game winning streak , no time to enjoy. Now get to see the Gate picks ( even my own) for next weekxbawlingx.

Ya gets what ya deserves.xwhistlex

carney2
October 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Still can't figure out why the PL front-loads all the conference games for Georgetown while the rest of the league starts their efforts in mid-October.

I think I understand why it's done: a 7 team league is difficult to schedule, and it is very difficult to get OOC games in late October and November. Still, it would seem that equity demands that this "irrelevant" position gets spread around rather than being foisted off on Georgetown year after year. Every school should get their turn in this barrel.

Pard94
October 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Are things clear now that Game of the Year, Part I is behind us?

Saturday, Oct 31

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

No OOC games in week 8, so the 2009 W-L totals remain at 18-14.

vs. Big South: 1-1
vs. CAA: 1-2
vs. Independents: 1-0
vs. Ivy League: 10-8
vs. MEAC: 0-1
vs. NEC: 4-2
vs. Pioneer: 1-0

OOC games remaining:

Standings after week 8:

Holy Cross 2-0 PL, 6-1 Total
Lafayette 2-0, 6-1
Lehigh 2-0, 2-5
Colgate 2-1, 7-1
Bucknell 1-1, 3-4
Fordham 0-2, 3-4
Georgetown 0-5, 0-7

Here we go...

Lafayette beats Bucknell 38-0 - A classic trap game if ever there was one but I think the Pards prevail in a walk.

Holy Cross beats Fordham 45-38 - Battle of the Big Guns goes to Randolph

Colgate beats Lehigh 28-14 - Too little too late for the Chicken Hawks this year

Old Dominion beats Georgetown 28-7 - The season can't end quickly enough for the Hoyas

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I think I understand why it's done: a 7 team league is difficult to schedule, and it is very difficult to get OOC games in late October and November. Still, it would seem that equity demands that this "irrelevant" position gets spread around rather than being foisted off on Georgetown year after year. Every school should get their turn in this barrel.

Next year is no different: one PL game for Georgetown after Oct. 16.

WestCoastAggie
October 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
NC A&T ended their Road losing streak against Howard. :D

carney2
October 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM

And...? (Searching for some relevance here.)

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Missing something here on scheduling. If everyone has OOC games in Sept and Oct, why cant GU also? Is it PL scheduling or GU's that causes backloading of their OOC games? Not being sarcastic. I just dont understand.

Sader87
October 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
DFW Hoya...I applaud your football fandom, but if you stopped a random sampling of GU students and alumni, what percentage would know GTown was in the in the PL for football?

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Missing something here on scheduling. If everyone has OOC games in Sept and Oct, why cant GU also? Is it PL scheduling or GU's that causes backloading of their OOC games? Not being sarcastic. I just dont understand.

Yes, it's PL scheduling, plain and simple. I think there is another factor in play, however.

PL-Ivy games are only available in certain weeks of the schedule, so there are weeks where established Ivy games with Leh/Laf/Colg/HC are not going to be availableother than in late Sept/early Oct. Conversely, after nearly a decade Georgetown has never been integrated into the Ivy-PL rotation (they get one Ivy game per year until 2012) and the league will try get conference games onto Georgetown's schedule earlier to open up October and November to schools where more Ivy games are played (at other schools).

(And in the interests of fairness, let me say that by 2013 Georgetown has added Brown and Princeton, and thus its PL schedules start to move into November, so some other school gets the November OOC games. Fordham, perhaps?)

DFW Hoya...I applaud your football fandom, but if you stopped a random sampling of GU students and alumni, what percentage would know GTown was in the in the PL for football?

By their complaints of late, a lot of them. But an 0-7 team in the Patriot League doesn't sell much for a fan base accustomed to Big East opponents in other sports. Probably a lot like UConn and Atlantic Hockey.

Sader87
October 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM
DFW Hoya wrote:

PL-Ivy games are only available in certain weeks of the schedule, so there are weeks where established Ivy games with Leh/Laf/Colg/HC are not going to be availableother than in late Sept/early Oct. Conversely, after nearly a decade Georgetown has never been integrated into the Ivy-PL rotation (they get one Ivy game per year until 2013) and the league will try get conference games onto Georgetown's schedule earlier to open up October and November to schools where more Ivy games are played (at other schools).

Something tells me the Ivies are going to be a "coming and a calling" for GU soon.

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks DFW , got it . Did not think about Ivy-PL lock up early. Guess 87 has a point . I do not think Gu will have any problem picking up Ivy gamesfrom now on.

carney2
October 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE
Lafayette The Pards are beginning to show some chinks in their armor, but this is a gimme.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Holy Cross Two very similar teams. Should be interesting. The Cross just has more of everything.

LEHIGH @ COLGATE
Colgate Some Squawkers think they miraculously got well against lowly Bucknell. Time for a reality check.

Old Dominion It is hard to conceive of any team that would rate as dogs to the Hoyas.

Ivytalk
October 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE
Lafayette The Pards are beginning to show some chinks in their armor, but this is a gimme.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
Holy Cross Two very similar teams. Should be interesting. The Cross just has more of everything.

LEHIGH @ COLGATE
Colgate Some Squawkers think they miraculously got well against lowly Bucknell. Time for a reality check.

Old Dominion It is hard to conceive of any team that would rate as dogs to the Hoyas.

Agreed, and HC beats Fordham by 2 scores.

ngineer
October 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, the Bison could be seen as a 'trap' game and it will be up to Frank to see that the lowly Bison are not taken lightly. I think he does the job and the 'pards should dominate. Laughteryette, 42-17.

Holy Cross could also be ripe for letdown after the big win over Colgate. Fordham has some players on offense that can make any DC sweat, but I see the Crusaders as being more balanced and will survive a scare. Crusaders, 38-35.

Georgetown looking for Young Dominion. ODU, 21-17.

One would like to dream that the 'Good Ship Mountain Hawk' has righted itself. While the offense showed a lot of life on Saturday, it was against Bucknell. Still Clark showed what he can do when given time, and last year he lit up the Colgate secondary fairly well. Lehigh will be without start freshman, Colvin, the rest of the year, but his demise opened up an opportunity for fellow frosh Barket, who reminds many of another fireplug scooter of a few years ago, Eric Rath. If Lehigh's ground game has been re-discovered, the pressure is eased on Clark and Lehigh could make it a real game in Hamilton. However, Hamilton is not a 'beach', and I have to realistically say that the Mountain Hawks will not win, unless "the 'gate comes unhinged". While cheering for an upset, Colgate prevails 21-17.

CrusaderBob
October 25th, 2009, 09:25 PM
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! xconfusedx

Trying to reconcile more of everything with a one trick pony. xrotatehx xlolx

crusader11
October 25th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm! xconfusedx

Our one trick pony outgained the top running team in the nation on the ground...uh oh, Dominic can run too.

Go...gate
October 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Cross has a array of weapons - their run defense did a fine job against us.

jimbo65
October 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Pards
Gate
Rams This game will be known as the sack of Zach
Monarchs

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Think the Fordham fans are pretty delusional.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Yes, the Bison could be seen as a 'trap' game and it will be up to Frank to see that the lowly Bison are not taken lightly. I think he does the job and the 'pards should dominate. Laughteryette, 42-17.

Holy Cross could also be ripe for letdown after the big win over Colgate. Fordham has some players on offense that can make any DC sweat, but I see the Crusaders as being more balanced and will survive a scare. Crusaders, 38-35.

Georgetown looking for Young Dominion. ODU, 21-17.

One would like to dream that the 'Good Ship Mountain Hawk' has righted itself. While the offense showed a lot of life on Saturday, it was against Bucknell. Still Clark showed what he can do when given time, and last year he lit up the Colgate secondary fairly well. Lehigh will be without start freshman, Colvin, the rest of the year, but his demise opened up an opportunity for fellow frosh Barket, who reminds many of another fireplug scooter of a few years ago, Eric Rath. If Lehigh's ground game has been re-discovered, the pressure is eased on Clark and Lehigh could make it a real game in Hamilton. However, Hamilton is not a 'beach', and I have to realistically say that the Mountain Hawks will not win, unless "the 'gate comes unhinged". While cheering for an upset, Colgate prevails 21-17.

I don't care what the final score is...if Bucknell scores 17 points on this Lafayette defense not only will it be a disappointment it will be a serious cause for concern going into the meatgrinder that is the final three weeks of the season.

carney2
October 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm! xconfusedx

Translation: Your pony is better than their pony.

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Our one trick pony outgained the top running team in the nation on the ground...uh oh, Dominic can run too.

I think that would further Carney's arguement that Cross is a one trick pony. Since Randolph is the one trick pony and not the Cross passing game, that one trick pony also had to gain all those yards on the ground.

For the record I dont necessarily think that the Cross has one trick, but it appears that this game is more proof that Randolph really makes that entire offense go. He is a great player however, and the Cross is ceratinly smart to allow a great player make plays.

Also I hope I never type "one trick pony" again.

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I guess our "one trick pony" now has two tricks.

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM

I guess that can be said.

As I said it makes a whole lot of sense for Cross to put the ball in the hands of the best player in the league and tell him to win us the game. I would do the same thing.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM

And...? (Searching for some relevance here.)

I think somebody saw somebody and his son getting drenched in DC this weekend. xlolx

Great job by the Aggies, BTW. They just took over after halftime. And I thought your band was better, though my 6 year old son preferred Howard's. (Maybe it was because of the pint-sized band major, not sure.) :D

Looping this back to PL football, I think we have a few twists and turns left in this season yet. I'm not saying what will happen, but I think it will be an interesting few weeks.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I think somebody saw somebody and his son getting drenched in DC this weekend. xlolx

Great job by the Aggies, BTW. They just took over after halftime. And I thought your band was better, though my 6 year old son preferred Howard's. (Maybe it was because of the pint-sized band major, not sure.) :D

Looping this back to PL football, I think we have a few twists and turns left in this season yet. I'm not saying what will happen, but I think it will be an interesting few weeks.

Please tell me you are not infering a miracle run by Lehigh. Please? I mean even if it is theoretically possible, as someone who presumably has official press credentials, please tell me you're not predicting that? You're talking about some other twists and turns right? Maybe Fordham beats HC..that's what you're talking about right?

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Lehigh beat two glorified high school teams to begin PL play, and now they are suddenly contenders. Not saying that LFN is suggesting that Lehigh will put a run together, but the undertone of his statement causes me to believe that he thinks Lehigh will make a run.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I don't care what the final score is...if Bucknell scores 17 points on this Lafayette defense not only will it be a disappointment it will be a serious cause for concern going into the meatgrinder that is the final three weeks of the season.

I hope that this is not a high-scoring game. I would like to see Tavani and the coaching staff to focus on running the ball early and often, making sure that the ground game is intact for the potentially foul-weather games coming up. Bucknell has encountered its share of challenges this season but I'm sure the Bison would like nothing more than to derail the Pards in a trap game. This is a great test for some Pardsvillian down-and-dirty mettle. I couldn't care less about polls and rankings. Run the ball, and win the game. That's all.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Lehigh beat two glorified high school teams to begin PL play, and now they are suddenly contenders. Not saying that LFN is suggesting that Lehigh will put a run together, but the undertone of his statement causes me to believe that he thinks Lehigh will make a run.

I absolutely refuse to believe that is what he is saying until he says it. There is NO WAY he is implying a miracle run by Lehigh. Let's just say the Chicken Hawks defy all of the odds and even a few laws of physics and put together this fantastic (and I mean that word in its purest form...as in "based in fantasy") run, LFN would have to realize that such a prediction at this point in the season, regardless of the outcome, would represent such a breech in sports journalistic integrity that Asa Packer (founder of Lehigh...I ***** you not) would roll over in his grave. No way he's about to disturb A. Packer. No way.

RichH2
October 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
94'

Hoping and predicting are 2 very different themes. Read LFN he's holding out faint hope that LU can miraculously become competitve with top 3, almost as wishful as phillies having any shot vs. my yankees. xthumbsupx

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Haha, ok, I'll wait and see LFN's retort. I guess he is suggesting a Fordham win over Holy Cross or, maybe, a Lehigh win over Colgate.

Personally, I don't think a Lehigh win over Colgate is that far fetched. HC exposed many of the Colgate weaknesses: pass defense and lack of a passing game. Just put 8 guys in the box, double Simonds, and make Sullivan beat you through the air. Easier said than done, but Lehigh's defense isn't half bad, and, while their offense is atrocious, Colgate doesn't have the strongest D in the league.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:43 AM
94'

Hoping and predicting are 2 very different themes. Read LFN he's holding out faint hope that LU can miraculously become competitve with top 3, almost as wishful as phillies having any shot vs. my yankees. xthumbsupx

I won't split hairs with you Rich. As a fan LFN can hope for the miracle finish. As a sports writer he's almost obliged not to.

Phillies in 6. That's right I said...and a hell of a lot more probable than the Lehigh miracle run.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 11:43 AM
There is NO WAY he is implying a miracle run by Lehigh.

I want the Engineers the run the table. I truly do. That final game always should be for all the toothpicks, and let the winner soak in the bragging rights. The entire PL schedule builds up the THE game - and no other league opponents have anything like it. So go for it Lehigh - win out. Let's make that final game at Goodman count for something. I'll be there, and so will you.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Haha, ok, I'll wait and see LFN's retort. I guess he is suggesting a Fordham win over Holy Cross or, maybe, a Lehigh win over Colgate.

Personally, I don't think a Lehigh win over Colgate is that far fetched. HC exposed many of the Colgate weaknesses: pass defense and lack of a passing game. Just put 8 guys in the box, double Simonds, and make Sullivan beat you through the air. Easier said than done, but Lehigh's defense isn't half bad, and, while their offense is atrocious, Colgate doesn't have the strongest D in the league.

Given your breakdown of Colgate's weeknesses I really like Laf's chances against them. Our Defense is something special and our Offense is pretty damn good too. Now, if you would be so kind, could you please provide a similar primer on how to defeat HC? Thanks.

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM

You are probably right about Colgate, but given Lafayette's dreadful record against Colgate lately it may be hard to call the Pards the favorite in the game. Also during the Fordham game that are already calling for a 'black out" against Colgate, so the Pards will be sporting their black jerseys for that one. We went 0-2 with them last year, but I think it still excites the players.

Given the fact that Lehigh does still have a pretty stout Defense (especially considering their offensive futility) it isnt beyond possibilities that Lehigh can squak out a win againt one of the "big three" this year, but they will need some sort of production from the offense.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM

This is what Princeton did. We can thank the Tigers. Gate just needed to play a good team to lose convincingly.

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Given your breakdown of Colgate's weeknesses I really like Laf's chances against them. Our Defense is something special and our Offense is pretty damn good too. Now, if you would be so kind, could you please provide a similar primer on how to defeat HC? Thanks.

I hope our coaches are actively looking at the Brown-Cross game. Harvard beat Brown, and Lafayette and Holy Cross beat Harvard. Cleraly the Bears did somthing right to nuertrailze Randolph and we need to have a simialr game plan perhaps.

Loose is perhaps the best DC in the league and really good at adapting his plan of atatck to the offense. For example we played soft coverage and rushed 3 guys most of the day against Fordham, and it appeared to work pretty well. I trust Loose will have something up his sleeve for Randolph and co.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:50 AM
You are probably right about Colgate, but given Lafayette's dreadful record against Colgate lately it may be hard to call the Pards the favorite in the game. Also during the Fordham game that are already calling for a 'black out" against Colgate, so the Pards will be sporting their black jerseys for that one. We went 0-2 with them last year, but I think it still excites the players.

Given the fact that Lehigh does still have a pretty stout Defense (especially considering their offensive futility) it isnt beyond possibilities that Lehigh can squak out a win againt one of the "big three" this year, but they will need some sort of production from the offense.

You sure about that FT? In one of the Morning Call articles this week Tavani went out of his way to say that the back half of the season is all business this year. No mottos, no dancing in the locker rooms and no uniform changes. I was happy to hear it. Maybe break out the blacks against Lehigh...not Colgate though.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Lehigh trouces Bucknell and we are talking them up? We need to get real here. Where is all the fire Coen talk now? Fordham will beat them handidly, forget about the others. A 2-9 season sounds right.

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM
You sure about that FT? In one of the Morning Call articles this week Tavani went out of his way to say that the back half of the season is all business this year. No mottos, no dancing in the locker rooms and no uniform changes. I was happy to hear it. Maybe break out the blacks against Lehigh...not Colgate though.

At the game they had it up on the video board saying it will be a blackout and the PA announcer said all fans are encouraged to show up in all black. Perhaps the black out will not include black jerseys, but I was just assuming it would. Perhaps Frank was unaware of this porposed Black out?

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM

I don't know if that's a good thing... it fosters tension. The black jerseys have lost their luster.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 11:57 AM
they are already calling for a 'black out" against Colgate, so the Pards will be sporting their black jerseys for that one.

I read somewhere that Tavani said there will be no uniform changes this season.

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Now, if you would be so kind, could you please provide a similar primer on how to defeat HC? Thanks.

Knock Randolph out of the game.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I really don't think the uniform has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of a game. We had a nice streak going there in the blacks for a while but that was based more on playing better than the oppnent on those days than the uniform color. I guess we'll see what happens when we take the field against Colgate. I promise you this though...it won't change their gameplan against us. xlolx

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I read somewhere that Tavani said there will be no uniform changes this season.

There ya go.. if someone else was at the game can they at least confirm the black out announcment so I know I wasnt seeing things.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM
There ya go.. if someone else was at the game can they at least confirm the black out announcment so I know I wasnt seeing things.

Yep there was...

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Knock Randolph out of the game.

Excellent advice! I'll pass that along to Frank Tavani. Incidentally, with all of the whining Skelton and his crew did about the refs after the Lafayette game, Dom is now officially my favorite Pro QB prospect from the Patriot League. The fact that there are 2 such prospects boggles the mind.

There was an excellent piece by the Lafayette beat writer who happened to be sitting next to the scout from the Saints on Saturday who was there to watch Skelton. Certainly a few tidbits in there for Dom to keep in mind. Here's the link...

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Oh, no - not disagreeing for a moment that it was announced (I could not attend the game). Just saying that there was a post-game interview published in which Tavani said, "no changes." It could be that the Lafayette PR folks got a bit ahead of themselves.

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I suggest checking out the post game interview with Randolph...one of the classier guys to play football. http://goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/index (it is on the right hand side of the screen)

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Oh, no - not disagreeing for a moment that it was announced (I could not attend the game). Just saying that there was a post-game interview published in which Tavani said, "no changes." It could be that the Lafayette PR folks got a bit ahead of themselves.

I agree. Seems like the PR folks didnt check with Frank before declaring a blackout. It all amounts to very little of course, but anything that can get a few more people in the stands and get them a bit more rowdy is a good thing.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I suggest checking out the post game interview with Randolph...one of the classier guys to play football. http://goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/index (it is on the right hand side of the screen)

Agreed.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM

Seems like a punk. Clearly I am just kidding. Class act all the way. I for one will be thrilled to watch him play on Sundays...if for no other reason it means he's no longer available to play on Saturdays. xnodx

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Only went 2-1 last week, looking at 28-13 on the year to date

Bucknell at Lafayette Lafayette Leopards survived a scare from Fordham, while the Bison took another one on the chin against Lehigh. Lafayette wins this game easily, unless they're looking ahead to their upcoming showdowns. If that's the case, then it might be closer, but they still win

Holy Cross at Fordham Holy Cross Beware the trap game for the Crusaders. Coming off the high of a big win against Colgate, and with another big one against Lafayette looming, Holy Cross goes to Fordham, where they lost the title back in 2007. The Rams have shown signs of life recently (unless Lafayette isn't as good as I/we think), but I'll bet on Dominic keeping the Cross moving forward

Lehigh at Colgate Colgate The Raiders are back in Hamilton after a 3 game road swing, and are smarting from the trip's disappointing finish. Now they welcome the underachieving Mountain Hawks, a game for which they always get up. I'm not yet buying that the Raider defense was exposed, more like beaten by a great player. I don't see that player on Lehigh. As a side note, is it just me, or do Biddle and Coen not particularly like one another?

Georgetown at Old Dominion Old Dominion ODU is brand new, but from the looks of it they have some horses and could be competitive in the CAA in short order. While that may be what was said about Towson after their move, at the very least I think they have enough to beat the Hoyas this year

letsgopards04
October 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM
As a side note, is it just me, or do Biddle and Coen not particularly like one another?

Interesting thought. Yet then again, I don't see any PL coach as one that Biddle particularly "likes". :)

jimbo65
October 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Think the Fordham fans are pretty delusional.
No were not, Elvis told me he will be in the house Saturday to see Zach sacked.

carney2
October 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM

I can't see the 2nd one from where I'm sitting.

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Interesting thought. Yet then again, I don't see any PL coach as one that Biddle particularly "likes". :)

I get the impression he at least respects some of them. "Likes" might be a bit strong, but it feels like there's been some level of animosity between the two of them, or at least more emotion than you usually see from Biddle

carney2
October 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM

They smoke funny smelling cigarettes over on South Mountain. If that is LFN's secret twist, he is not a lonely ChickenSquawk. The same folks who envisioned a 9-2 run for the Featherheads are now saying that the great turnaround has taken place now that they have planted their dung colored flag on lowly Mt. Buffalo.

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I can't see the 2nd one from where I'm sitting.

You didn't see HC outrush the leading rushing team? You really think all we can do is pass the ball? It was a pretty balanced attack, 31 passes to 27 rushes I believe.

carney2
October 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Another confirmation. You weren't seeing things.

Pard94
October 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
You didn't see HC outrush the leading rushing team? You really think all we can do is pass the ball? It was a pretty balanced attack, 31 passes to 27 rushes I believe.

I don't mean to speak for Carney...cuase Lord knows neither one of us want that, but I think he was saying way back when that Holy Cross was the one trick pony. HC being the Pony and Randolph being the trick. I don't think he was taking anything away from Dom...how can you? He's an NFL prospect for God's sake. I think even Carney would recognize he's the completepicture as QB's go. I think his point was take Dom away from HC and what have you got? I have always contended you still have a team that is good enough to contend for the league title but not nearly as impressive without Dom. I don't think that can be argued. Fact is, he's your QB and he's the best the league has seen. No need to qualify your team without him as he IS very much a part of your team.

crusader11
October 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I was under the impression that the one trick pony was HC's passing game, not necessarily Randolph. But, not I understand that Randolph is the pony, and now instead of having just one trick, he may have two. Gotcha guys.

LeopardBall10
October 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Please tell me you are not infering a miracle run by Lehigh. Please? I mean even if it is theoretically possible, as someone who presumably has official press credentials, please tell me you're not predicting that? You're talking about some other twists and turns right? Maybe Fordham beats HC..that's what you're talking about right?

Hey, I wouldn't mind a FU upset. And there defense really showed up against Lafayette, not that that means they will stand a chance this week though.

ngineer
October 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Only went 2-1 last week, looking at 28-13 on the year to date

Bucknell at Lafayette Lafayette Leopards survived a scare from Fordham, while the Bison took another one on the chin against Lehigh. Lafayette wins this game easily, unless they're looking ahead to their upcoming showdowns. If that's the case, then it might be closer, but they still win

Holy Cross at Fordham Holy Cross Beware the trap game for the Crusaders. Coming off the high of a big win against Colgate, and with another big one against Lafayette looming, Holy Cross goes to Fordham, where they lost the title back in 2007. The Rams have shown signs of life recently (unless Lafayette isn't as good as I/we think), but I'll bet on Dominic keeping the Cross moving forward

Lehigh at Colgate Colgate The Raiders are back in Hamilton after a 3 game road swing, and are smarting from the trip's disappointing finish. Now they welcome the underachieving Mountain Hawks, a game for which they always get up. I'm not yet buying that the Raider defense was exposed, more like beaten by a great player. I don't see that player on Lehigh. As a side note, is it just me, or do Biddle and Coen not particularly like one another?
Georgetown at Old Dominion Old Dominion ODU is brand new, but from the looks of it they have some horses and could be competitive in the CAA in short order. While that may be what was said about Towson after their move, at the very least I think they have enough to beat the Hoyas this year

What is the basis for this 'observation'. I don't recall any prior 'incidents'..xconfusedx

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
What is the basis for this 'observation'. I don't recall any prior 'incidents'..xconfusedx

I feel like I remember hearing about words being exchanged following some of the last few games. In one of the last two years (last season, I think) the camera showed Biddle looking rather cross (more so than usual) and giving a dismissive wave across the field. I thought the commentators made something of it, but I wasn't fully paying attention at that point. I also remember in 2006 that he was fairly steamed after the game, though that may have been related to a disagreeable call from late in the contest. At the very least, it was enough to have some people back at the university say they had never seen him that mad during a game

Again, just wondering if there was something to it, or if it's just a bunch of coincidences xconfusedx

ngineer
October 27th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Sounds like something our intrepid reporter, LFN, should look into..;)

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Sounds like something our intrepid reporter, LFN, should look into..;)

Biddle and Coen exchanged words after last years's Lehigh-Colgate game.

The Leopards were out of town so I actually went to the game last year. I forget the exact circumstances but I believe Biddle was pissed at Coen because Coen wouldnt quit bitching about a call.

RichH2
October 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Pards over Bison

HC over Rams but not as easy as they think. We should have an OVER and UNDER for pass attempts and completions for this game. My pick 99 for the OVER , 80 for UNDER

GU could keep this close but OD prevails

Gate wins another loss for LU by less than a TD

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I don't remember the situation after the game, but I do remember Colgate won a close game 34-33 and coach Biddle was frosty afterwards. Neither Coen or Biddle mentioned anything in the post-game press conference that I remember. Maybe I'll go back to the tape to see if I can figure it out.

Nothing in the post-game from last year that I found on the CSN Log here (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2008/11/10/miscues-cost-lehigh-against-no-24-colgat?blog=2) and here (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2008/11/10/colgate-deals-lehigh-another-late-game-l?blog=2) seemed to show anything. Coen blamed "mistakes" for the reason why they lost.

The only mention of animosity came in the comments section of my write-up from last year's game (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/11/lehigh-33-colgate-34-final.html):

I don't know what Coen said to Biddle at the end of the game, but clearly coach Biddle was not pleased after meeting a mid field.

carney2
October 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I was under the impression that the one trick pony was HC's passing game, not necessarily Randolph. But, not I understand that Randolph is the pony, and now instead of having just one trick, he may have two. Gotcha guys.

Randolph is the pony. Randolph is the trick. The fact that 11 guys on defensive are playing the pass and he decides to run changes nothing. Without Dom the bomb, the 'saders would be duking it out for 4th with Lehigh and Bucknell.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Randolph is the pony. Randolph is the trick. The fact that 11 guys on defensive are playing the pass and he decides to run changes nothing. Without Dom the bomb, the 'saders would be duking it out for 4th with Lehigh and Bucknell.

That's like saying without Larry Bird, the Celtics are a .500 team. But the Celtics had Larry Bird. And they won world championships. When you prepare for HC, you prepare for Dom.

ColgateTD
October 27th, 2009, 09:31 AM
43-7 so far....xreadx

Colgate - could be a letdown game for 'Gate after HC, but Biddle won't let that happen. PL title - and at large berth - still up for grabs.
Lafayette - just too much for Bisons - Carney will party Sat. night.
HC - battle of QB's goes to Dom, but Skelton could make it interesting. HC D was a pleasant surprise last week (for 'Sader fans...:()
Old Dom - Dom also takes this game, as G'town continues to battle the shneid - sorry DFW

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
How much does Skelton bitch about the refs, the weather, the situation in the Middle East, etc. etc. after he loses...yet again. My dream is that he makes it to the NFL and Blake Costanzo provides the official welcome for him. I know it's a long shot but I can dream.

Fordham
October 27th, 2009, 10:25 AM
How much does Skelton bitch about the refs, the weather, the situation in the Middle East, etc. etc. after he loses...yet again. My dream is that he makes it to the NFL and Blake Costanzo provides the official welcome for him. I know it's a long shot but I can dream.
that's a big time douchbag comment 94.

I didn't see Skelton's comments so please link them but I was able to find the following incredible-offensive-to-Lafayette comments from Masella immediately following the game:

"Lafayette is a very good football team who made more plays than us today," said head coach Tom Masella. "We've lost two Patriot League heartbreakers on the road now but we've got to get back up and get ready for Holy Cross next week."

After he had some time to cool down from not showing Lafayette enough respect in those comments, here are his comments from Monday's radio show:

Bronx, N.Y. - The fifth weekly Monday Night Quarterback Coaches Show was held tonight in The Marketplace in the McGinley Center with appearances by Fordham head coach Tom Masella, wide receivers coach Custavious Patterson and players Darryl Whiting and Nick Magiera.

WFUV announcer Brian Clark led off the show with audio highlights of last Saturday's 26-21 Patriot League loss at Lafayette and then went into an interview with Masella on the game. Here are some quotes from the questions:

On the game
"The kids played extremely hard. We had some chances on offense in the first half but couldn't capitalize on them. The effort was outstanding. We played hard in spots but not well enough to win on the road."

On the play of the defense against Lafayette:
"Early on the defense gave the offense some great field position and we had the opportunity to put more points in the board but didn't. One of the big plays was the third and 17 that Lafayette converted in the fourth quarter. When you play on the road you have to make those plays to win."

On the play of the offense on Saturday:
"At times we ran the ball well and at times we passed the ball well but we just weren't consistent enough. Lafayette is big and strong and I thought our coaches did a great job getting us ready for the game.

On the performance of the offensive line:
"I think this is the best defense we've faced this year and the kids up front on the offensive line gave a great effort. They fought hard and protected John Skelton well even though this group hasn't been together that long."

On the play of the defensive line:
"I though the guys on the defensive line played extremely well. If you can take away two plays on defense they did a heck of a job. Of course, you can't take away those plays and those are plays we have to make in order to win on the road."

On the play of the linebackers on Saturday:
"The linebackers are finally getting healthy and I think that's showing up in the way they've been playing. It's good to see guys like Nick Magiera, Andre Delaire, James Crockett, Clifton Stuckey, David Mendez and Michael Martin all out there playing. It seems like we haven't been at full strength at linebacker all year."

I highlighted the lines that would have fired me up the most as a Lafayette fan due to how ridiculously unprofessional they are. xrolleyesx

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
that's a big time douchbag comment 94.

I didn't see Skelton's comments so please link them but I was able to find the following incredible-offensive-to-Lafayette comments from Masella immediately following the game:

After he had some time to cool down from not showing Lafayette enough respect in those comments, here are his comments from Monday's radio show:

I highlighted the lines that would have fired me up the most as a Lafayette fan due to how ridiculously unprofessional they are. xrolleyesx

Well here's a whole thread of "d'bag" comments for you to digest Fordham...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65341

Just because someone talked some sense into Masella between his comments on Saturday and his radio show on Monday doesn't mean you get to forget the Saturday comments. We got to see some true colors on Saturday.

Geez...I received a slap on the wrist form AGS administrators for calling a Delaware fan a "homer". I wonder what happens when the phrase "d'bag" is introduced into a conversation. Please tell us Fordham. I am curisous.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
GU could keep this close but OD prevails

Old Dominion has not scored fewer than 28 points in any game this season. Georgetown has not scored 28 points in a regulation game since week one of the 2007 season. That's not a promising comparison.

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Old Dominion has not scored fewer than 28 points in any game this season. Georgetown has not scored more than 14 points in any game this season.

I'd like to change my prediction to Old Domnion wins 28-14.

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM

Just because someone talked some sense into Masella between his comments on Saturday and his radio show on Monday doesn't mean you get to forget the Saturday comments. We got to see some true colors on Saturday.

Geez...I received a slap on the wrist form AGS administrators for calling a Delaware fan a "homer". I wonder what happens when the phrase "d'bag" is introduced into a conversation. Please tell us Fordham. I am curisous.

Thats because 89 hen is a mod from what I understand, so he tagged you for calling him a homoer.

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Thats because 89 hen is a mod from what I understand, so he tagged you for calling him a homoer.

Let the record show that at no time did I ever call 89hen a "homoer" as Franks Tanks suggests. And I hereby officially vouch for Franks Tanks in that I am certain he also did not mean to imply directly or indirectly that anyone is a "homoer".

Furthermore I have nothing but good things to say and/or think about 89hen, Mod66, AGS or anyone related to this board in any way shape or form. xrolleyesx

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Let the record show that at no time did I ever call 89hen a "homoer" as Franks Tanks suggests. And I hereby officially vouch for Franks Tanks in that I am certain he also did not mean to imply directly or indirectly that anyone is a "homoer".

Furthermore I have nothing but good things to say and/or think about 89hen, Mod66, AGS or anyone related to this board in any way shape or form. xrolleyesx

My fat fingers make typing difficult

carney2
October 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
That's like saying without Larry Bird, the Celtics are a .500 team. But the Celtics had Larry Bird. And they won world championships. When you prepare for HC, you prepare for Dom.

So...? What you're saying, and what I am saying, is that this is a very good pony.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
The word "pony" should be banned the rest of the season! Terrible, annoying term!

carney2
October 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
The word "pony" should be banned the rest of the season! Terrible, annoying term!

Why? I'm loving it. It seems to grate against the delicate sensitivities of many, not just you. As a card carrying curmudgeon, I find that an immense benefit.

RichH2
October 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Somehow, one trick giraffe just doesn't cut it. See, Holy Cross is a One trick giraffe. Just doesn't work, lets stick with One trick pony. Yeahhh, love it

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Somehow, one trick giraffe just doesn't cut it. See, Holy Cross is a One trick giraffe. Just doesn't work, lets stick with One trick pony. Yeahhh, love it

Come on, Rich, Dom's neck isn't THAT long... :D

RichH2
October 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Ah, Chuck couldn't help myself. Some of the arguments on AGS are just too silly. Heck, I'm the one that defined HC as a One trick Pony and they are. See no reason for them to be upset as Randolph is head and shoulders above every other qb in PL and perhaps the FCS. Not saying restof team bad, they're not. They are average. W/o Dom they are a solid team 7-4 or 8-3 team at best.

Gee, it is fun to jerk other people's expectations rather than agonize over Lehigh's

Fordham
October 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Just because someone talked some sense into Masella between his comments on Saturday and his radio show on Monday doesn't mean you get to forget the Saturday comments. We got to see some true colors on Saturday. Then how do you rationalize the quote he gave immediately following the game?

Further, imo coach is open game but making comments (and now full threads!) about a player is completely uncalled for. Before making the earlier post I tried to search for any comments attributed to him, post-game and didn't see those. Honestly, after just looking at them here on their own, I don't think they're that bad. However, they certainly look worse when the lead-in sentences are "John Skelton might play on football on the next level some day, but, as the Saints' scout in the press box told me, it's not all about how good you look." and "The two quarterbacks were different in their meetings with the media after the game, too, and while the scout wasn't around to hear them, I can tell you it was not Skelton who came across as the leader." ... if you don't think that writer has an agenda, I'm not sure what to tell you. To me the quotes sound more like a kid who was stunned that they couldn't pull out when he never lost confidence that they would. I'd also love to know what he "yada, yada, yada'd" away with the ellipsis.

After writing that I just searched for some other stories - and, holy crap! ... you guys are basing all of your quotes off of a blog?!?!?!?! Jeez, guys, this guy clearly has an agenda - let's stop pretending he has any journalistic credibility here. Some further examples: "He (Masella) did compliment Lafayette, but the words sounded condescending " "So, coach (Tavani), how much did you have to pay those extra seven guys? That was my question -- with tongue firmly in cheek because I cannot think Masella has any ground on which to stand." It's like a Simpsons episode for God's sake.

note the difference between ridiculing the comment v. the person making it.

FWIW, I finally caught up on the post-game threads here and have to say that I fall into the camp that thinks that if we were good enough to win we wouldn't have been in a position where those calls would have mattered. We've been too undisciplined a team overall this year imo. Even if the calls were unwarranted, being "chippy" during the rest of the game makes you more likely to get called on it later on. I could write a great argument for the 'Fordham PL bias' part of the thread but this game isn't one of those data points for me or at least it doesn't carry any substance to it imo. That's not to say that I can't understand JoltinJoe's immediate frustration and post-game reaction.

Regardless ... 'you stay classy'.

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Then how do you rationalize the quote he gave immediately following the game?

Further, imo coach is open game but making comments (and now full threads!) about a player is completely uncalled for. Before making the earlier post I tried to search for any comments attributed to him, post-game and didn't see those. Honestly, after just looking at them here on their own, I don't think they're that bad. However, they certainly look worse when the lead-in sentences are "John Skelton might play on football on the next level some day, but, as the Saints' scout in the press box told me, it's not all about how good you look." and "The two quarterbacks were different in their meetings with the media after the game, too, and while the scout wasn't around to hear them, I can tell you it was not Skelton who came across as the leader." ... if you don't think that writer has an agenda, I'm not sure what to tell you. To me the quotes sound more like a kid who was stunned that they couldn't pull out when he never lost confidence that they would. I'd also love to know what he "yada, yada, yada'd" away with the ellipses.

After writing that I just searched for some other stories - and, holy crap! ... you guys are basing all of your quotes off of a blog?!?!?!?! Jeez, guys, this guy clearly has an agenda - let's stop pretending he has any journalistic credibility here. Some further examples: "He (Masella) did compliment Lafayette, but the words sounded condescending " "So, coach (Tavani), how much did you have to pay those extra seven guys? That was my question -- with tongue firmly in cheek because I cannot think Masella has any ground on which to stand." It's like a Simpsons episode for God's sake.

FWIW, I finally caught up on the post-game threads here and have to say that I fall into the camp that thinks that if we were good enough to win we wouldn't have been in a position where those calls would have mattered. We've been too undisciplined a team overall this year imo. Even if the calls were unwarranted, being "chippy" during the rest of the game makes you more likely to get called on it later on. I could write a great argument for the 'Fordham PL bias' part of the thread but this game isn't one of those data points for me or at least it doesn't carry any substance to it imo. That's not to say that I can't understand JoltinJoe's immediate frustration and post-game reaction.

Fordham...please spare me. I don't know what world you live in. Here in the real world we don't criticize the quote and not the people who make them. That's ridiculous. Skelton is a big boy. He's a very big boy in fact. He's an NFL prospect, over 21 and very much accountable for the comments he makes. Don't make him out to be some pouting 12 year old after a Pop Warner game to whom we should extend some understanding. If he needs to be spared the criticism of the likes of "Pard94" on the AGS board he's in for a rude awakening at the next level. Excuse me but blaming the refs and discrediting the opponent is poor sprotsmanship. If he feels no obligation to hold his tongue to the press and anyone who will listen why should I have a problem calling it out here? I'm not about to give your coach half credit for saying Lafayette is a heluva football team on the heels of the suggesting the refs blew the game. Nor will I give him a cookie for realizing how bad he sounds and changing his tune 48 hours later.

And what's with you shooting the messenger? Whether it's me on this board or Paul Reinhard and his lowly blog you seem to be all about criticizing the people who are reporting on the obvious transgressions and not the people who actually comitted them. I can see why you and Joltin Joe would be on the same page regarding some nefarious and completely fictional PL conspiracy against Fordham. It's a very convenient way of deflecting the blame. Don't address the issues...blame the refs and concoct a conspiracy to support it. Good luck with that strategy but don't be surprised if the rest of us PL'ers take some degree of offense.

In the mean time I stand by my opinions. Skelton is a hell of a QB who has yet to master the finer points of sportsmanship. In his defense, I suspect he hasn't lost much in his career. Masella seems to suffer from the same problem...except he loses a lot and should be better at it by now.

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
xwhistlex

crusader11
October 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Then how do you rationalize the quote he gave immediately following the game?

Further, imo coach is open game but making comments (and now full threads!) about a player is completely uncalled for. Before making the earlier post I tried to search for any comments attributed to him, post-game and didn't see those. Honestly, after just looking at them here on their own, I don't think they're that bad. However, they certainly look worse when the lead-in sentences are "John Skelton might play on football on the next level some day, but, as the Saints' scout in the press box told me, it's not all about how good you look." and "The two quarterbacks were different in their meetings with the media after the game, too, and while the scout wasn't around to hear them, I can tell you it was not Skelton who came across as the leader." ... if you don't think that writer has an agenda, I'm not sure what to tell you. To me the quotes sound more like a kid who was stunned that they couldn't pull out when he never lost confidence that they would. I'd also love to know what he "yada, yada, yada'd" away with the ellipsis.

Sorry you guys are bad this year.

Fordham
October 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Fordham...please spare me. I don't know what world you live in. Here in the real world we don't criticize the quote and not the people who make them. That's ridiculous. Skelton is a big boy. He's a very big boy in fact. He's an NFL prospect, over 21 and very much accountable for the comments he makes. Don't make him out to be some pouting 12 year old after a Pop Warner game to whom we should extend some understanding. If he needs to be spared the criticism of the likes of "Pard94" on the AGS board he's in for a rude awakening at the next level. Excuse me but blaming the refs and discrediting the opponent is poor sprotsmanship. If he feels no obligation to hold his tongue to the press and anyone who will listen why should I have a problem calling it out here? I'm not about to give your coach half credit for saying Lafayette is a heluva football team on the heels of the suggesting the refs blew the game. Nor will I give him a cookie for realizing how bad he sounds and changing his tune 48 hours later. Show me any other threads where a player on any team was called out the way you did, 94. I just went through pages and pages worth of, not just regular threads on AGS but the smack ones, and there's nothing that crosses the line the way you did here. The fact is that you're a sad guy in your late 30's who posts anonymously on a message board and felt the need to create a thread bashing a college kid based on nothing more than a blog writer's posts. What the hell is wrong with your life that it's sunk to this? There is no scenario I could imagine that would ever result in me creating a thread that ripped on your player (or any other PL player) by name in the thread title. Whatever character test is inherent in that ... you failed miserably.

You'd never see the crap lead-ins that your morning call guy gave to these articles coming from LFN or any other self-respecting blogger, yet you have the gall to rip LFN in here in various threads ... all the while swallowing every single bit of drivel from a guy with an absurd pro-Lafayette-bias as though he was either Woodward or Bernstein. I can't figure out any way to rationalize this other than that you are so defensive from playing second fiddle in Easton for so long that you over-react ridiculously at any real or perceived slight. We have one well respected Fordham poster in Joltin Joe here who may have over-reacted to our loss on Saturday and the result is your litany of posts and ugly threads here. Seriously, shame on you.

And what's with you shooting the messenger? Whether it's me on this board or Paul Reinhard and his lowly blog you seem to be all about criticizing the people who are reporting on the obvious transgressions and not the people who actually comitted them. I can see why you and Joltin Joe would be on the same page regarding some nefarious and completely fictional PL conspiracy against Fordham. It's a very convenient way of deflecting the blame. Don't address the issues...blame the refs and concoct a conspiracy to support it. Good luck with that strategy but don't be surprised if the rest of us PL'ers take some degree of offense. Did you read my take on the game? Help me understand how that was deflecting blame? Here's my quote: FWIW, I finally caught up on the post-game threads here and have to say that I fall into the camp that thinks that if we were good enough to win we wouldn't have been in a position where those calls would have mattered. We've been too undisciplined a team overall this year imo. Even if the calls were unwarranted, being "chippy" during the rest of the game makes you more likely to get called on it later on. I could write a great argument for the 'Fordham PL bias' part of the thread but this game isn't one of those data points for me or at least it doesn't carry any substance to it imo. That's not to say that I can't understand JoltinJoe's immediate frustration and post-game reaction." ... the funny part being that you were actually stupid enough to quote me on it and then accuse me of blaming someone other than our own team for our performance and the result. Put this up as piece of evidence #1 that you're full of crap as you try to turn the tables by pretending that I or other Fordham posters can't admit to any shortcomings on our part. Again, read what you posted and then realize that my posts came BEFORE yours. What's amazing is that you accuse everyone at Fordham of whining but yet here you are starting threads ripping our QB based on blog posts and lying about what I've posted. I have never in my life seen someone do so much whining themselves about someone else whining.

Sorry you guys are bad this year.

Can't say I understand the 'sorry' or 'bad' parts but I would agree with anyone who called us a disappointment or underacheiving, etc.

Looking at things as unbiasedly as possible I'd say that we have very good talent and have been incredibly undisciplined this year. All in all that makes us a very average squad, all things considered and imo that has to fall back on coaching.

I also think that after two very close league losses in our first two league games, I find it hard to believe that we'll be up for or play confidently in this one. Add to it that we're playing a team that handled Colgate so well and the smart money is clearly with HC this week. Unfortunately, the smart money is likely on a big win v. a squeaker imo as well.

crusader11
October 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I feel that much of the comments by the Fordham posters on the board are due to frustration with the team this year. There is talent, but no results. That is very frustrating.

Fordham
October 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I feel that much of the comments by the Fordham posters on the board are due to frustration with the team this year. There is talent, but no results. That is very frustrating. That's an odd response given my post right above yours. Go do a search of my posts here. I don't think I've had many delusions about us throughout the year and haven't hesitated to rip on the team/staff whenever I thought warranted, including post-Lafayette.

This whole Pard94 thing is about something completely different than disappointment with our performance.

RichH2
October 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Fellas, I enjoy a good p*ssing match as much as anyone but this is past ridiculous now. xsmhx This is the prediction thread for week 9 . Last week is over and done. Why dont we all try to leave it there and get back to footballxthumbsupx

ngineer
October 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Beat me to it R2...xnodx

Fordham
October 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Fellas, I enjoy a good p*ssing match as much as anyone but this is past ridiculous now. xsmhx This is the prediction thread for week 9 . Last week is over and done. Why dont we all try to leave it there and get back to footballxthumbsupx
perhaps you're right but the Skelton-titled-thread took this to a different level from any other since I've been a part of this board. Hard to believe these are the actions of a fan who's team won this past weekend.

crusader11
October 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Fair enough. But, Joltin Joe's ridiculous comments of how the PL officials are biased toward Fordham and how Fordham cannot get a fair shake is absolutely absurd. Guess I had that stuck in my mind, along with some of Skelton's comments when I made my preceding post.

RichH2
October 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Ok,lets move on tothis week's gamesxrotatehx we should add an Over_Under for pass attempts and completions in HC-FU game

LeopardBall10
October 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
85 over under on attempts, Fordham is averaging just about 40 a game, and HC has 2 games of 50+ attempts. Especially with Fordham's pass defense looking so poor against the Leopards

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2009, 08:28 AM
It looks like the PL community thinks Old Dominion over Georgetown is a fait accompli.

The interesting discussion will come next week, when Georgetown travels to Marist. And at that point, it'll be hard to blame them for picking Marist.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing that the Cross/Fordham game is going to be the most exciting PL match to date. Anyone know it this game will have a TV replay somewhere?

carney2
October 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I'm guessing that the Cross/Fordham game is going to be the most exciting PL match to date. Anyone know it this game will have a TV replay somewhere?

Don't know about the TV, but I'd go out of my way to see it if it pops up anywhere.

Pard94
October 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Fordham...in the interest of giving this thread back to Patriot League predicitions I'll try to keep this short...

Just so I understand your complaints against me...I have crossed some invisible line maintained in your head by you and offended your delicate sensibilities by holding accountable grown men for the comments they make. And before I post anything on this board I need to search previous comments to have a firm understanding of where the invisible line is. And if I cross said imaginary line well that is clearly symptomatic of my unfullfilled life as further evidenced by the facts that I am in my late thirties and I post anonymously (by the way...how lucky for you that your god-given name is apparently "Fordham"). OK...got it. To further clarify...Fordam supporters can come in here and say anything they want up to and including questioning the intergrity of the league and if the rest of us have a problem with it we should hold our tongue because that is simply the frustrations of supporters of a program that has never reached it's full potential and, by the way, you Fordham, may just be able to put together a compelling case to support such a claim. Right...understood...mums the word on the conspiracy.

To sum up..."hot house flower" though you may be (you're very sensitive) you are the arbitor of all things good and fair and I am unfit to draw my own conclusions as to what may or may not be suitable for this board. Did I miss anything? I certainly hope not. I'd hate to get you worked up into such a lather that you go home and kick your dog or something of that nature. May I make a suggestion...just don't read my posts anymore. Clearly your delicate constitution can't handle them. xsmhxxbawlingxxmadx

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of PL predictions.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Perhaps this will help. Here are the current Sportsbook lines:

Dartmouth at Harvard

Dartmouth +17
Harvard -17

Pennsylvania at Brown

Pennsylvania pk
Brown pk

Cornell at Princeton

Cornell -4
Princeton +4

Yale at Columbia

Yale +2
Columbia -2

Bucknell at Lafayette

Bucknell +28½
Lafayette -28½

Lehigh at Colgate

Lehigh +11½
Colgate -11½

Holy Cross at Fordham

Holy Cross -8½
Fordham +8½

Georgetown at Old Dominion

Georgetown +14½
Old Dominion -14½

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Looking to see if any TV on HC-FU , I would love to see that , weather s/n/b an issue. I would pu O-U at 92 for attempts.

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Looking to see if any TV on HC-FU , I would love to see that , weather s/n/b an issue. I would put O-U at 92 for attempts.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Looking to see if any TV on HC-FU , I would love to see that , weather s/n/b an issue. I would put O-U at 92 for attempts.

Looks like "Fordham All-Access" will be streaming the game live, which means it will be carried by "CBS College Sports XXL", which means that there is a good chance it will be on Channelsurfing.net. xthumbsupx

Not sure what their feed will be - it may be a feed of the scoreboard video, or just a webcam in the press box. But it will be streamed. xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
October 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yikes 28.5 Lafayette over Bucknell!! Should I take the Bison and the points!!

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Great get to watch LU-Gate and HC-FU and notre Dameand World Series. OH,best get my wife a spa day :D

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yikes 28.5 Lafayette over Bucknell!! Should I take the Bison and the points!!

I would. I'm hoping to see a display of power running by the Pards. Can't see the game being close, but 28 1/2 is a stretch no matter who is playing.

Pards Rule
October 28th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Ya know I would have taken the Rams and the points - I thought after an emotional win in Cambridge they would have only gotten a 10 point or less spread.

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Colgate 28, Lehigh 14... A Colgate loss before Lafayette will not be good, plus Lehigh's title run will face reality. Can their offense develop a clue vs. a 7-1 team?

Lafayette 35, Bucknell 10... 28.5? Riiight... Maybe against Marist.

Holy Cross 48, Fordham 41... Rams can pull off the upset and have home field, but HC has shown it can win close games, unlike the Rams.

Old Dominion 34, Gtown 13... Maybe the Hoyas should eliminate football and restart the program in five years. A first year team having this much success is intriguing.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Old Dominion 34, Gtown 13... Maybe the Hoyas should eliminate football and restart the program in five years. A first year team having this much success is intriguing.

Old Dominion is playing with 43 scholarships against a schedule of lower division and non-scholarship Div. I teams, with one full scholarship opponent in VMI (not coincedentally, on the last week of the season).

Its Division I opponents have a combined record of 15-48 after 8 weeks.

Intriguing, or just good planning?

FUrams7
October 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Pard 94.. I was at the Lafayette- Fordham game. the officials were horrible.... i honestly thought it was the most one-sided (and poorly) officiated game ive ever seen in person. Fordham got shafted..
to be fair Lafayette has got a great stadium (nicest in PL) , #8 your wr was outstanding that game.. and curley was better QB than i expected..
regardless..wish game was decided by the players--not the zebras.. masella should send that tape to the league.. those refs will get fired.. no joke

ngineer
October 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Pard 94.. I was at the Lafayette- Fordham game. the officials were horrible.... i honestly thought it was the most one-sided (and poorly) officiated game ive ever seen in person. Fordham got shafted..
to be fair Lafayette has got a great stadium (nicest in PL) , #8 your wr was outstanding that game.. and curley was better QB than i expected..
regardless..wish game was decided by the players--not the zebras.. masella should send that tape to the league.. those refs will get fired.. no joke

Can we take this cat fight to some neutral alley in, say Perth Amboy, New Jersey??xrolleyesx

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Old Dominion is playing with 43 scholarships against a schedule of lower division and non-scholarship Div. I teams, with one full scholarship opponent in VMI (not coincedentally, on the last week of the season).

ODU has played very well for a 1st year school, but as you say they planned a weak schedule. Games include D-II schools, PFL teams, and well Georgetown.

I think it was smart for them to schedule winnable games in year 1 to build the players confidence.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM

I hope Georgetown proves your point and kicks their butts. Go Hoyas!

LBPop
October 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
It looks like the PL community thinks Old Dominion over Georgetown is a fait accompli.

The interesting discussion will come next week, when Georgetown travels to Marist. And at that point, it'll be hard to blame them for picking Marist.

Could the Hoyas possibly be headed for an 0fer? If they go to Marist without a victory, they could easily lose that game too. I saw the debacle in Poughkeepsie two years ago. I was dumfounded as I heard the fans calling the Georgetown plays (correctly, I might add) as I watched Marist run over the Hoyas. And I can tell you that the long ride home for those Hoya players that night was awful. I do hope that this year's group doesn't have to endure that.

ngineer
October 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Could the Hoyas possibly be headed for an 0fer? If they go to Marist without a victory, they could easily lose that game too. I saw the debacle in Poughkeepsie two years ago. I was dumfounded as I heard the fans calling the Georgetown plays (correctly, I might add) as I watched Marist run over the Hoyas. And I can tell you that the long ride home for those Hoya players that night was awful. I do hope that this year's group doesn't have to endure that.

Gosh, I hope you guys can figure out a way to win this one. The program needs it in the worst way.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I thinks it's safe to say that just about the whole Patriot League is pulling for the Hoyas this weekend. I wish there was a way to communicate this to the team.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Can we take this cat fight to some neutral alley in, say Perth Amboy, New Jersey??xrolleyesx

Now, now. Perth Amboy is a fine old town, where NJ ratified the Bill of Rights and the Colonial capital back when we flew under the Union Jack. How 'bout Carteret?

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Now, now. Perth Amboy is a fine old town, where NJ ratified the Bill of Rights and the Colonial capital back when we flew under the Union Jack. How 'bout Carteret?

If it's going to be in Jersey, come to Princeton. We'll meet at the A&B and I'll buy everyone a pint.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
If it's going to be in Jersey, come to Princeton. We'll meet at the A&B and I'll buy everyone a pint.

A little Shepherd's Pie, too. Damn good there.

Conte's Bar might be a good alternative.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
A little Shepherd's Pie, too. Damn good there.

Conte's Bar might be a good alternative.

Real Tomato Pie at Conte's. If you don't know already, don't bother asking, right 'gate?

Monarch Nation
October 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
ODU has played very well for a 1st year school, but as you say they planned a weak schedule. Games include D-II schools, PFL teams, and well Georgetown.

I think it was smart for them to schedule winnable games in year 1 to build the players confidence.

That was the whole idea. We don't think for a minute we are a good football team, just a new one that can develop into a good football team. It'll take a few years before we can hold our own in CAA play.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
That was the whole idea. We don't think for a minute we are a good football team, just a new one that can develop into a good football team. It'll take a few years before we can hold our own in CAA play.

Playing pretty good now however. I was impressed by your effort against Fordham.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Real Tomato Pie at Conte's. If you don't know already, don't bother asking, right 'gate?

Absolutely right. Ciro Baldino carries on a fine tradition. A sausage tomato pie would taste awfully good right now.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 03:04 PM

I saw the Chowan game on the tube and you guys looked very good.

carney2
October 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Now you're getting me steamed. 94 and I have never been on the same side of any argument - ever - but this Fordham got screwed stuff has gone way past my tipping point. You are correct, the officiating was horrible, BUT IT WENT BOTH WAYS!!!!! Let's look at one that had Masella and his blind army on the edge.

In the 2nd qtr. with the ball on the Lafayette 1 foot line (literally) running back Maurice White was apparently caught in the end zone for a safety. The officials however, ruled that White made it back to the original line of scrimmage. I've seen the replay 3 times and White never got out of that end zone. Masella was, and had every right to be, livid.

BUT

Now let's examine how the ball got to the 1 foot line in Lafayette's possession. Fordham punter Lacroix punted 56 yards inside the 5 where officials say that a Fordham player downed it at the 1 foot line. Replays show - and again, I've seen it 3 times - that the Fordham player, standing about 3 yards in front of the official who was properly located on the goal line, was standing on the goal line when he downed the ball. In fact he was so far onto the goal line that his heel - his entire freakin' heel - was IN the end zone. Tavani was, and had every right to be, livid.

Who got screwed with this one: Fordham because they didn't get the safety call or Lafayette because the ball was in that position in the first place? Listening to the chorus of Bronx whiners from Masella to Skelton to you, Mr. FU, it's a one way street. All the calls go against the Rams. You people need better binoculars or a memory improvement course that helps you remember more than the self serving plays that you choose to remember. One sided, yer a _ s.

FUrams7
October 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM
carney.. the rule is different for college and pro.. college as long as the ball doesnt cross the goal line.. a player CAN have his feet in the end zone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so your both ways calls is moot.. it was the right call.. u dont even know the rules.. so kiss my a_s

your team is pretty good.. the refs made me sick..

carney i read your posts.. it wasnt close to "both" ways.. your punter taking a fake dive (like a soccer player would).. the non call safety.. the pass interference when our wr got knocked down about three seconds before ball got there in late 4th quarter.. the rediculous personal foul call on our LB late 4th qtr.... the ref never blew the whistle when his momentum was stopped.. if dont blow the whistle. can walk away while your rb is still standing..

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Look, fellas pretty soon now I am going to have a real damn frigging fit. ENUF already. What is with you Fordham guys?. Are you working shifts to keep this up for the rest of the season? Do us and yourselves a favor and drop it.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds like we could all use a powwow over some adult beverages at the A & B so we can talk this out. I don't remember this kind of problem in the 4+ years I have been on the AGS board.

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yup,a pitcher or 2 and some pizza would hit the spot. I am hoping that Gate-LU game is a good one. Would like a win. Wouldn't mind tight competitive game. Just not another one like last year.

Go...gate
October 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yup,a pitcher or 2 and some pizza would hit the spot. I am hoping that Gate-LU game is a good one. Would like a win. Wouldn't mind tight competitive game. Just not another one like last year.

CU-LU games are always good football games, and I have no doubt this one will live up to that standard.

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like we could all use a powwow over some adult beverages at the A & B so we can talk this out. I don't remember this kind of problem in the 4+ years I have been on the AGS board.

Like I said . . . I'm buying. Everyone - LU, 'Gate, Rams, Pards - is invited.

RichH2
October 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm in. We should probably get a keg. Joe can bring the pizza.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
BUCKNELL 7 @ LAFAYETTE 35 xrotatehx No challenge for the home team and PL Contender
HOLY CROSS 42 @ FORDHAM 7 xthumbsupx No Challenge for the visitors and PL Contender
LEHIGH 7 @ COLGATE 28 xnonono2x Pity poor 'Ngineers. 'Gate is in a bad mood!
GEORGETOWN 7 @ Old Dominion 28 xeekx CAA forever!

Neighbor2
October 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Colgate 27
Lehigh 14

That's all!

CrusaderBob
October 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
WAIT A MINUTE!! xeekx

There's a flag on the play.

It's an illegal procedure penalty on VT Wildcat Fan and Neighbor2 for consecutive postings of actual predictions on the PL Prediction Thread.

That hasn't happened since page 8 of this thread. You can tolerate the physical errors, but mental errors just kill you!

xsmiley_wix

Pard94
October 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Whatever...even I'm tired of this conversation and I was one of the original dogs in this fight. Fine...whatever you guys say. The refs suck...Lafayette sucks only slighlty less...Fordham got screwed...Fordham always gets screwed...Fordham=Great...PL=Sucks. FINE. WHATEVER. I DON"T CARE. Unlike the Rams the Leopards have larger concerns that have yet to be addressed. Send the tape to the league, fire the officials, go play in the CAA. Don't care anymore. Best of luck.

RichH2
October 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Damn, here we go again, I was hoping for 3 posts in a row actually relevant to this week's games.

Pard94
October 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Damn, here we go again, I was hoping for 3 posts in a row actually relevant to this week's games.

There will be no more unrelated quotes from me.

I also think 28 point is a reidiculous spread for the Lafayette game...see?

carney2
October 29th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Look, fellas pretty soon now I am going to have a real damn frigging fit.

And it isn't anywhere close to the weekend before Thanksgiving. My work here is finished.

RichH2
October 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
xlolxxlolx

Thanks for the chuckle Carney. While 28 pts seems high for this latein the season. Unless Pards take the game too lightly, you should cover easily.

carney2
October 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
xlolxxlolx

Thanks for the chuckle Carney. While 28 pts seems high for this latein the season. Unless Pards take the game too lightly, you should cover easily.

No way this team "covers" 28 1/2 points. If things actually go the way this spread predicts (and I doubt if they will), Tavani will implement both his prevent defense and prevent offense somewhere in the 2nd quarter. Things have never gone well once he makes that decision.

Actually, Bucknell has one strength that should serve them well this week: A.J. Kizekai is a great kick returner. On the other side of the field, Lafayette's kickers are...um...weak. Kickoff man Chris Cosgrove cannot get the ball inside the 10, and as a result gives up field position the majority of the time. Punter Tom Kondash will get off an occasional good one, but generally depends on a roll to get the ball beyond 35 yards. In other words, Kizekai gives the Buffaloes the potential to avoid being backed up against their own goal line and in really deep doo doo against that defense.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2009, 10:50 AM
No way this team "covers" 28 1/2 points. If things actually go the way this spread predicts (and I doubt if they will), Tavani will implement both his prevent defense and prevent offense somewhere in the 2nd quarter. Things have never gone well once he makes that decision.

Actually, Bucknell has one strength that should serve them well this week: A.J. Kizekai is a great kick returner. On the other side of the field, Lafayette's kickers are...um...weak. Kickoff man Chris Cosgrove cannot get the ball inside the 10, and as a result gives up field position the majority of the time. Punter Tom Kondash will get off an occasional good one, but generally depends on a roll to get the ball beyond 35 yards. In other words, Kizekai gives the Buffaloes the potential to avoid being backed up against their own goal line and in really deep doo doo against that defense.

There is no way Bucknell will beat Lafayette, and that 28 point "spread" will be damned competitive when all is said and done. Even running a "prevent offense" will serve them well. How's this for a prediction: Two 100 yard rushers.

RichH2
October 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
BU has many issues most involving lack of any size. Skill kids pretty good but their best play is the qb option. Pards D more than up to the task.

CrusaderBob
October 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Anyone else find it ironic that one of the posters complaining about the PL being out to screw Fordham selected a board name that starts with ...

... FUrams?

xlolx

FUrams7
October 29th, 2009, 11:48 AM
crusader bob.. taking a shot at me? if u read my other posts.. majority if not all of them, are positive in nature. tidbits on the league etc.. the officiating in lafayette-fordham game made me sick.. it was waaay one sided ..

u can tease me all u want.. careful tho... one day it may happen to HC. hope fulll for you its not this wknd in the bronx.. tell randolph bring his A game.. last time he came to the bronx he choked..

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 12:09 PM
CrusaderBob -3.5
FURams7 +3.5

O/U 43

EDIT: The line on the real Cross/Fordham game has moved from 8.5 to 9. This means that too many bettors have been laying the points on this one.

OLPOP
October 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Shouldn't this crap be on the smack board?

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Shouldn't this crap be on the smack board?

PL programs, in general, are underfunded and cannot afford a move to the smack board at this time. We look forward to changing economic conditions in which we can compete with the best smack that the FCS has to offer.

Pard94
October 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
PL programs, in general, are underfunded and cannot afford a move to the smack board at this time. We look forward to changing economic conditions in which we can compete with the best smack that the FCS has to offer.

Furthermore, despite the fact that the smack in this thread represents smack of the highest quality, none of the participants meet minimum smack criteria to qualify for smack board inclusion. While the smack board would certainly welcome all smack participants it can not offer smack assistance at this time. xlolx

FUrams7
October 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
crusader bob..
HC hasnt won the PL title in since (drumroll) 1991 !! loooooooooool and in fact HC hasnt been to the post season since 1983 ! haaaaaaaa .. i didnt take a shot at HC, Lafayette or anybody but the zebra's.. u want to break my chops? choke again... u guys at HC really have it down pat these days.. 18 years in a row..

Fordham
October 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Now you're getting me steamed. 94 and I have never been on the same side of any argument - ever - but this Fordham got screwed stuff has gone way past my tipping point. You are correct, the officiating was horrible, BUT IT WENT BOTH WAYS!!!!! Let's look at one that had Masella and his blind army on the edge.

In the 2nd qtr. with the ball on the Lafayette 1 foot line (literally) running back Maurice White was apparently caught in the end zone for a safety. The officials however, ruled that White made it back to the original line of scrimmage. I've seen the replay 3 times and White never got out of that end zone. Masella was, and had every right to be, livid.

BUT

Now let's examine how the ball got to the 1 foot line in Lafayette's possession. Fordham punter Lacroix punted 56 yards inside the 5 where officials say that a Fordham player downed it at the 1 foot line. Replays show - and again, I've seen it 3 times - that the Fordham player, standing about 3 yards in front of the official who was properly located on the goal line, was standing on the goal line when he downed the ball. In fact he was so far onto the goal line that his heel - his entire freakin' heel - was IN the end zone. Tavani was, and had every right to be, livid.

Who got screwed with this one: Fordham because they didn't get the safety call or Lafayette because the ball was in that position in the first place? Listening to the chorus of Bronx whiners from Masella to Skelton to you, Mr. FU, it's a one way street. All the calls go against the Rams. You people need better binoculars or a memory improvement course that helps you remember more than the self serving plays that you choose to remember. One sided, yer a _ s. Too funny - carney, I've clearly been on the side that said the refs didn't beat us but your post above is starting to convince me otherwise. xsmiley_wix Seriously, I also had no idea about the college v. pro difference either so I was as suprised as anyone to know that what ticked you off so badly was actually called correctly.

Your post is similar to other Pard fans in the post-game thread that I read with the Joltin'Joe v '94 comments, in that (understandably) there was a feeling that both teams were screwed and this was referenced as exhibit A. There was even a reference to the big screen at LC replaying it over and the crowd getting fired up over the seemingly horrible call. I only mention this b/c I wonder how much of a role that one play helped fuel the fire here. Imo we clearly had an over-reaction on our part. With that play ... and replay ... fresh in the minds of Pard fans as an equal-screwing type call, I think the "Good Lord, you've got to be kidding me!!!" response that our fan(s) elicited may have been a little different. Not that you would have agreed that we should have ever won the game but that there might have been less "this is the most absurd thing I've ever seen" and more of "look at the yards, look at the Time of Poss., etc. and you'll realize we pounded you guys pretty soundly" type response instead. Just speaking of the dynamics of the argument and how it unfolded here but it hit me when reading how clearly ticked off you are above that there were similar posts in that thread as well that referenced this as how it was very much equal.

Candidly, I'm still disturbed by the leap the thread took into littering the board with other threads on the topic, particularly the one ripping on our player in the subject line, but if we were to judge every team's fans by the worst among them we'd be in pretty big trouble given Rambacker's reputation ... particularly among PL fans. :( Regardless ... and despite carney's attempt to persuade otherwise ... I'm still firmly in the camp that we should have never been a position where the refs could have made a call on us that could hurt us so badly. We just got beat.

EDIT - after writing that, I wondered what play would have kept Fordham fans from whining about the refs afterwards and my guess is that it would have been the push on Crockett after the whistle, simply b/c it came at the end of the game. My guess is that it wouldn't have changed a thing with the result other than the deviation the thread took here.

Anyone else find it ironic that one of the posters complaining about the PL being out to screw Fordham selected a board name that starts with ...

... FUrams?

xlolx xlolx

'07 - c'mon, that's a pretty good line. FWIW, CrusaderBob's a great contributor around here ... pretty sure he was simply not passing up a funny line v. trying to zing you. ... now let me go register the screen name FUhc!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming:

My picks:

Gate (but very interested to see how Lehigh responds to still being in the title mix)
Lafayette (easily)
HC
ODU (sorry, Hoyas, they were pretty tough when we played them - this is not a normal first year ever type program).

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Four thousand people now have viewed this thread. Just sayin' . . . .

carney2
October 29th, 2009, 01:57 PM
What is the most "interesting" game on this week's card? Certainly neither Bucknell @ Lafayette nor Georgetown @ ODU, both of which most people view as foregone conclusions. That leaves us with HC @ Fordham which could become an aerial circus that wears out a scoreboard or two, or Lehigh @ Colgate which will, I think, once and for all answer the question, "Do the Squawks have anything in the tank? Anything at all?" Because, if not now, when?

Pard94
October 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Four thousand people now have viewed this thread. Just sayin' . . . .

That's probably a couple of thousand more than will show up at least a few of the PL games this week. xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM
That's probably a couple of thousand more than will show up at least a few of the PL games this week. xnodx

Don't go dissin' the golf-clap-and-tassel-loafer crowd, now . . . .

RichH2
October 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Bogus and 94

xlolxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlolx

The back to back smack posts funniest I've read in many years. I am still chuckling. Thanks for some humor this afternoon , really came in handy for me

Pard94
October 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Bogus and 94

xlolxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlolx

The back to back smack posts funniest I've read in many years. I am still chuckling. Thanks for some humor this afternoon , really came in handy for me

I don't know about Bogus but I live to serve.

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
:o Gee, I dunno what to say. How about . . . Colgate by a touchdown, maybe?

carney2
October 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM
:o Gee, I dunno what to say. How about . . . Colgate by a touchdown, maybe?

Only one? If that's the case we're back in no man's land. There is no definitive statement as to whether the Squawks have actually gotten their act together or if Colgate has been seriously overrated as many of us have suspected. Personally, I would like to have this resolved one way or the other.

ngineer
October 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Only one? If that's the case we're back in no man's land. There is no definitive statement as to whether the Squawks have actually gotten their act together or if Colgate has been seriously overrated as many of us have suspected. Personally, I would like to have this resolved one way or the other.

I agree that it would be nice to see a real definitive outcome. Winning/losing by once score, which can easily occur from a turnover or other quirk, (like a blown referee's call?xrolleyesx;)) will leave everyone in limbo as to how good or bad we and they are. And after all is said and done, the outcome may well say that. That we're still 'competitive'....."great"xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Lehigh's defense is very good the offense on the other hand is not close to that. Lehigh's been in every game except for Villanova and even that wasn't a total mis-match. I think the close games show there is talent but it isn't being used in the most productive way. I don't believe Lehigh will win on Saturday but Colgate is a favorable matchup for them. Lehigh is about as competitive a 2-5 team can get. At the end of the day, a total house cleaning at the end of the year seems almost certain.

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
If that's the case we're back in no man's land.

I figure if neither can get out of the others way (kinda like that Yale/Lehigh debacle we all heard about) the Leopards will be able to have their way with both the Red Raiders and the Engineers. Then the Pardsville Players get a date with CAA State University where, win or lose, the "I-never-heard-of-Lafayette-before" list will shrink even further and the "hey-they're-pretty-good-for-a-[______]-school" list will add a few more pages.

And yes, to be fair, I still remember how to pronounce "Appalachian" properly.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I figure if neither can get out of the others way (kinda like that Yale/Lehigh debacle we all heard about) the Leopards will be able to have their way with both the Red Raiders and the Engineers. Then the Pardsville Players get a date with CAA State University where, win or lose, the "I-never-heard-of-Lafayette-before" list will shrink even further and the "hey-they're-pretty-good-for-a-[______]-school" list will add a few more pages.

And yes, to be fair, I still remember how to pronounce "Appalachian" properly.

Nice-- When we played Delaware in 2004 I went to the game and was parked next to a Hen fan in his early 50's. He was talking down to us in an alarming way. The guy was making it sound like Lafayette was a D-III squad. I finally said "c'mon man, Lafayette and Delaware played each other frequently back in the day when you were in school, dont act like you dont know who we are" He shut up.

RichH2
October 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Recall similar situation when we played JMU.Lots of mocking before the game. After, they were real quiet and lucky to get away with 1 point win. Whoever goes this year, even Pards, would enjoy seeing them kick some CAA *ss

CrusaderBob
October 29th, 2009, 09:49 PM
'07 - c'mon, that's a pretty good line. FWIW, CrusaderBob's a great contributor around here ... pretty sure he was simply not passing up a funny line v. trying to zing you. ... now let me go register the screen name FUhc!

Thank you, Fordham. Exactly.

With 2 brothers and a sister who graduated from Fordham who were more than willing to say they went to FU and a thread that has run so far off track - see my first post today - like I said, it seemed rather ironic to me. There was no ill will toward FUram7 intented at all.

ngineer
October 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Lehigh's defense is very good the offense on the other hand is not close to that. Lehigh's been in every game except for Villanova and even that wasn't a total mis-match. I think the close games show there is talent but it isn't being used in the most productive way. I don't believe Lehigh will win on Saturday but Colgate is a favorable matchup for them. Lehigh is about as competitive a 2-5 team can get. At the end of the day, a total house cleaning at the end of the year seems almost certain.

I wouldn't be the ranch on that...We may some staff changes, but I doubt what you predict is such a 'certainty'.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM
[/U][/B]

I wouldn't be the ranch on that...We may some staff changes, but I doubt what you predict is such a 'certainty'.

If that's true then that's very sad. They team is most likely going to finish 2-9 or 3-8. There would be zero basis for this coaching staff to return.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2009, 12:36 AM
What if Lehigh actually wins this weekend? xwhistlex

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-colgate.html

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2009, 03:04 AM
What if Lehigh actually wins this weekend? xwhistlex

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-colgate.html

Pigs will fly. xnottalkingx

Fordhamanhattan
October 30th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Fordham-Holy Cross fray will be broadcast live according to the Patriot league web site on WNBC 4.4 channel 162 on time Warner in New York.

Fordhamanhattan
October 30th, 2009, 05:54 AM
oops, sorry the google citation I used was from 2007. a rather inauspicious start to my posting on this board.

CrusaderBob
October 30th, 2009, 07:35 AM
According to the Fordham website, the game is being webcast as a free event!

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ford&media=137194

Click the FREE EVENT tab at the top of the page and scroll about halfway down.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Fordham-Holy Cross fray will be broadcast live according to the Patriot league web site on WNBC 4.4 channel 162 on time Warner in New York.

I wonder if that's the same as WNBC-DT 4.4 digital broadcast. If so I can get (and record) the game with my antenna. Might even watch this over the Pards game, which could be a yawner.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Thanks - I'll add it to my list! I believe they also televised the Fordham/HC game two years ago, too.

Fordhamanhattan
October 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Sorry made a mistake. I took the game listing from Google but didn't realize it was from 2007. The GAME WILL NOT BE ON NBC 4.4.

ColgateTD
October 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Good luck Fordham against Dom.....xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry made a mistake. I took the game listing from Google but didn't realize it was from 2007. The GAME WILL NOT BE ON NBC 4.4.

That's OK. It's still on CBS College Sports XXL (and probably Channelsurfing.Net, too). xthumbsupx

carney2
October 30th, 2009, 02:13 PM
That's OK. It's still on CBS College Sports XXL (and probably Channelsurfing.Net, too). xthumbsupx

I'm married to Princess Pennypinch. Any chance this thing will be on a "normal" channel where my basic cable will allow me to tape it?

RichH2
October 30th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I think our wives are related . Mine has given up as long as I provide the necessary bribes . There are times when I have both computers and the TV on games. This week LU , FU, and Noter Dame for the afternoon. Admittedly, I dont know how she puts up with it .

CrusaderBob
October 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Nineteen pages of discussion and about 10 actual predictions. Has to be a record.

Last Week 3 -0
Year to Date: 30 - 11

The Picks

Lafayette
Holy Cross
Colgate
Old Dominion

carney2
October 30th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Nineteen pages of discussion and about 10 actual predictions. Has to be a record.

You ain't seen nothin'. Wait til this whole thing gets hijacked by Pards and Squawks in two weeks or so.

CrusaderBob
October 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
But you'll at least be talking about a game that hasn't happened yet!

And God knows there will be at least one The 145th thread going where most of that Lehigh Valley squabbling will take place.

Go...gate
October 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Lafayette 26, Bucknell 10

Holy Cross 44, Fordham 27

Colgate 22, Lehigh 16

Old Dominion 28, Georgetown 7

ngineer
October 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, startin' to get the literature already...50 member club luncheon, pregame buffet with "Go Ask Alice", Booster Club pep rally,.."Tradition never graduates"..xnodx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 31st, 2009, 01:58 AM
29-11 overall

Lafayette 38 Bucknell 10- This is should be a no contest for the 'Pards. Bucknell lacks the horses in the trenches to compete with everyone in the PL but the Hoyas.

Holy Cross 42 Fordham 28- This is a tricky game for HC because of Skelton. However, i think HC has more then enough firepower and seem like a team on a mission.

ODU 24 Georgetown 6- ODU is an up and coming program. The Hoyas are the more experienced team but ODU is by far the more talented team.

Colgate 17 Lehigh 10- I'm not sure if people realize how good the Hawks defense has been this year especially considering how bad their offense is. One too many short fields is the difference in this one as th Raiders escape by a hair.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Finally, a perfect 3-0 weekend, putting me at 27-14 on the year. This is my week to try to "gain" on the rest of you guys. And if my predictions come true, I can guarantee that I will

Sources:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/30/the-csn-way-rewriting-the-scripts?blog=5

Lehigh at No. 24 Colgate. Saturday, we will learn what this Lehigh team is made of. There's no two ways about it.

It's the biggest game of the year; it's the "other" Patriot League rival; and the games get no easier after this weekend. It's been a disappointing season so far, but Lehigh is still 2-0 on the Patriot League and still have their fans hoping - if not entirely believing - that they can win the Patriot League championship.

Last week provides hope that the offense has worked out their kinks and have the capability of putting up four scores on Colgate's defense. Lehigh's defense, tops in the Patriot League, have the capability of disrupting the Raider offense. And on special teams, it's hard to escape the conclusion "advantage: Lehigh".

If Lehigh cleans up the errors - cleans up the penalties, takes care of the ball - they have a chance to tell the world that they will be heard from this year, and that they still can, against all odds, make a run at this thing.

Maybe I have to believe this - maybe it's a pick from my heart, not my brain - but I think Lehigh's going to shock a lot of people this Saturday.

Lehigh 22, Colgate 13

No. 17 Holy Cross at Fordham. With not one, but two, potential NFL-caliber quarterbacks playing in the Bronx in the form of Holy Cross quarterback Dominic Randolph and Fordham quarterback John Skelton, expect plenty of NFL scouts in the stands at Coffey field this weekend, not to mention scoreboard operators in case the scoreboard gets worn out. While the Rams are out of the playoff race, Fordham is exactly the type of quick-strike offense that can give Holy Cross problems - and they will.

Skeltons Win On Halloween 41, Crusaders Crushed On Halloween 38

Bucknell at Lafayette. Linebacker Michael Schmidlein and the Leopards won’t have any problem with the Bison this weekend - but it might be the margin of victory that propels them back into the Top 25 against this overmatched opponent.

Laughing Leopards 41, Bummed Bison 3

BONUS PICK:

Georgetown at Old Dominion. On the plus side, Georgetown has had two weeks to prepare for the Monarchs. On the negative side, the Monarchs, fattened up on a cupcake schedule, have a lot of confidence, especially at home. ODU, especially at home, is too much.

King of the Cupcakes 28, Princes of Hoyatown 20

ngineer
October 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Finally, a perfect 3-0 weekend, putting me at 27-14 on the year. This is my week to try to "gain" on the rest of you guys. And if my predictions come true, I can guarantee that I will

Sources:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/30/the-csn-way-rewriting-the-scripts?blog=5

Lehigh at No. 24 Colgate. Saturday, we will learn what this Lehigh team is made of. There's no two ways about it.

It's the biggest game of the year; it's the "other" Patriot League rival; and the games get no easier after this weekend. It's been a disappointing season so far, but Lehigh is still 2-0 on the Patriot League and still have their fans hoping - if not entirely believing - that they can win the Patriot League championship.

Last week provides hope that the offense has worked out their kinks and have the capability of putting up four scores on Colgate's defense. Lehigh's defense, tops in the Patriot League, have the capability of disrupting the Raider offense. And on special teams, it's hard to escape the conclusion "advantage: Lehigh".

If Lehigh cleans up the errors - cleans up the penalties, takes care of the ball - they have a chance to tell the world that they will be heard from this year, and that they still can, against all odds, make a run at this thing.

Maybe I have to believe this - maybe it's a pick from my heart, not my brain - but I think Lehigh's going to shock a lot of people this Saturday.

Lehigh 22, Colgate 13

No. 17 Holy Cross at Fordham. With not one, but two, potential NFL-caliber quarterbacks playing in the Bronx in the form of Holy Cross quarterback Dominic Randolph and Fordham quarterback John Skelton, expect plenty of NFL scouts in the stands at Coffey field this weekend, not to mention scoreboard operators in case the scoreboard gets worn out. While the Rams are out of the playoff race, Fordham is exactly the type of quick-strike offense that can give Holy Cross problems - and they will.

Skeltons Win On Halloween 41, Crusaders Crushed On Halloween 38

Bucknell at Lafayette. Linebacker Michael Schmidlein and the Leopards won’t have any problem with the Bison this weekend - but it might be the margin of victory that propels them back into the Top 25 against this overmatched opponent.

Laughing Leopards 41, Bummed Bison 3

BONUS PICK:

Georgetown at Old Dominion. On the plus side, Georgetown has had two weeks to prepare for the Monarchs. On the negative side, the Monarchs, fattened up on a cupcake schedule, have a lot of confidence, especially at home. ODU, especially at home, is too much.

King of the Cupcakes 28, Princes of Hoyatown 20

If your picks come true, it will be the beginning of a smoking hot recipe for #145 if both squads can make it through the gauntlet.xnodx

Sader87
October 31st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Any idea where online the HC-FU game is on online?

Sader87
October 31st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Found an online site for HC-FU.

Quick predictions:

Colgate 34 Lehigh 14 Red Raiders bounce back.
Lafayette 27 Bucknell 10 Pards hold serve.
ODU 24 GU 21 Hoyas hang tough but lose late on the road.
Saders 34 Ewes 17 Too much Dom.

RichH2
October 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
102 pass attempts in HC-FU game. I wish someone had taken me up on the over-underbet

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Lafayette/Bucknell - why was Tavani so hot under the colllar at the end of the game? I know he was annoyed by that out-of-bounds personal foul call, but that couldn't be it. He was ready to bite Landis' head off.

RichH2
October 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
Nice professional win tho. Was watching LU and HC games cant say maybe Tavani just gearing up for THE GAME

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Not lookin' too good for the Hoyas. Down 17 - 0 to Old Dominion at the end of the first.

RichH2
October 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
there will be more than 1 new coach in the PL next year.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM
there will be more than 1 new coach in the PL next year.

Lehigh can hold its own against anybody in what simply appears to be an off year for the Engineers. It happens, and no one doubts that they'll be back in short order.

But the Hoyas seem to be in real trouble. They appear to be headed for a zero win season, which would be a travesty. They don't even have an AD in order to begin an search for a new HC. I hope this does not spell the beginning of the end for Georgetown football.

Sader87
October 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
GTown is in the Patriot League???

DaBigBlue
October 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Score at the half
ODU - 31
Georgetown - 3

ODU Marching Monarchs just did MJ's Thriller. It was a classic.

Total yards
ODU - 350
GU - 39

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Does Old Dominion play someone else in the PL next year? Whoever it is should slap them silly for embarrassing our Hoyas.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Does Old Dominion play someone else in the PL next year? Whoever it is should slap them silly for embarrassing our Hoyas.

Fordham beat ODU 34-29 a few weeks ago.

DaBigBlue
October 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Starting the second half wih second team and backup QB

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Fordham beat ODU 34-29 a few weeks ago.

Well that's a relief. Do they play again next year? I hope the Rams cuff them to the bedposts and have their way with them.

carney2
October 31st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Lafayette/Bucknell - why was Tavani so hot under the colllar at the end of the game? I know he was annoyed by that out-of-bounds personal foul call, but that couldn't be it. He was ready to bite Landis' head off.

Did not notice the "hot under the collar," but did notice that Frank did not do his usual "take a knee" in the final two minutes. He wasn't throwing and he had the scrubs in, but he was running real plays. Not at all like him when he has an insurmountable lead.

On the other side, did anyone else notice that, in the first half, when Lafayette Sr. TE Anthony Scriveri was down with an apparent career ending knee injury, Bucknell head coach Tim Landis walked out and reached into the middle of the medical huddle to pat Scriveri on the head and wish him the best. I've never seen that before.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Did not notice the "hot under the collar," but did notice that Frank did not do his usual "take a knee" in the final two minutes. He wasn't throwing and he had the scrubs in, but he was running real plays. Not at all like him when he has an insurmountable lead.

On the other side, did anyone else notice that, in the first half, when Lafayette Sr. TE Anthony Scriveri was down with an apparent career ending knee injury, Bucknell head coach Tim Landis walked out and reached into the middle of the medical huddle to pat Scriveri on the head and wish him the best. I've never seen that before.

Tavani and Landis appeared to exchange words at mid-field after the game, and the TV guys made a note of it too. They did not shake hands. I too was a little taken aback that the Pards kept running plays when the game was out of hand for the Bison. I was hoping not to see a Buddy Ryan-like touchdown bomb called at :05. Tavani would never do that, though.

seenalot
October 31st, 2009, 07:12 PM
Suspect Frank was pissed at cumulative effect of Bucknells somewhat chippy play. Cut blocks, hits out of bounds etc = dont think Frank saw the love tap on AS as being particularly redeeming.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Suspect Frank was pissed at cumulative effect of Bucknells somewhat chippy play. Cut blocks, hits out of bounds etc = dont think Frank saw the love tap on AS as being particularly redeeming.

I was out on weekend errands all day so I heard the first three quarters on the radio (off and on), and I saw the final quarter on TV. How did Scriveri go down? Was it a cheap shot? What is the injury - an ACL?

seenalot
October 31st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Did not see his injury - kids been a trooper for his years here - came in as QB moved around to LB and TE - sad to see him end with injury. Just a hypothesis on Frank being POd - generally he does not extend that to field.

Pard94
October 31st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Tavani and Landis appeared to exchange words at mid-field after the game, and the TV guys made a note of it too. They did not shake hands. I too was a little taken aback that the Pards kept running plays when the game was out of hand for the Bison. I was hoping not to see a Buddy Ryan-like touchdown bomb called at :05. Tavani would never do that, though.

Guys...he was running real plays yes...but with backups many of whom were Freshman. There were at least three or four people whom I have NEVER heard of playing for the Leopards. I mean jeez...if Bucknell can't stop our Freshman than Landis needs to be added to the list of coaches that have to go. I can't believe you are accusing Tavani of something less than respectable.

carney2
October 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM
I was out on weekend errands all day so I heard the first three quarters on the radio (off and on), and I saw the final quarter on TV. How did Scriveri go down? Was it a cheap shot? What is the injury - an ACL?

I did not see the actual contact even though it was more or less in front of me. He went down covering a punt and was the recipient of medical attention for an extended period. When he got up he was supported under each shoulder by medical personnel and did not place any weight on one leg. He came out in the 2nd half in street clothes and on crutches. I did not have the advantage of TV commentary, but it looked like the kind of thing that, IMO, will not be corrected in the 3 weeks remaining.

carney2
October 31st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Guys...he was running real plays yes...but with backups many of whom were Freshman. There were at least three or four people whom I have NEVER heard of playing for the Leopards. I mean jeez...if Bucknell can't stop our Freshman than Landis needs to be added to the list of coaches that have to go. I can't believe you are accusing Tavani of something less than respectable.

Re-read it. No accusations. Just an observation.

Pard94
October 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Re-read it. No accusations. Just an observation.

Semantics my friend. I am capable of picking up on your insinuation.

carney2
November 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Semantics my friend. I am capable of picking up on your insinuation.

Oh, you are a sly Pard.