PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Week 7 Results

Pages : 1 [2]

WestCoastAggie
October 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Actually, looking at his I-A rankings it's fairly clear that W-L is the most important factor...

1 Florida I-A 6 0 218 52 8.195 xx
2 Iowa I-A 7 0 174 105 8.065 xx
3 Alabama I-A 7 0 242 81 7.986 xx
4 Cincinnati I-A 6 0 244 86 7.757 xx
5 Boise St I-A 6 0 229 93 7.469 xx
6 TCU I-A 6 0 203 82 7.163 xx
7 Texas I-A 6 0 252 88 7.090 xx
8 LSU I-A 5 1 138 87 7.044 xx
9 Southern Cal I-A 5 1 178 70 6.969 xx
10 Oregon I-A 5 1 195 98 6.926 xx
11 Georgia Tech I-A 6 1 227 182 6.859 xx
12 Miami FL I-A 5 1 174 125 6.724 xx
13 Virginia Tech I-A 5 2 228 134 6.612 xx
14 Arizona I-A 4 2 183 156 6.397 xx
15 Central Michigan I-A 6 1 241 111 6.347 xx

Fascinating!

DSUrocks07
October 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
We will have to wait until November 28th to see the finale to our discussion. xpeacex

Aww now come on 89. I'm sure you and ice can continue this ad nauseum for another six weeks xlolx xwhistlex

89Hen
October 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Aww now come on 89. I'm sure you and ice can continue this ad-nausium for another six weeks xlolx xwhistlex
Well it's not like anyone is going to beat SCSt between now and then. xwhistlex

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Delaware St. has a "special" team don't forget!

DSUrocks07
October 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Delaware St. has a "special" team don't forget!

Yeah if by "special" you mean that we especially need help in playing on offense. xwhistlex

iceman4221
October 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
IT WAS 1981. xlolx I only mentioned TSU as an aside. that doesn't address why you did not mention FURMAN as an aside mister opinionated
-
Here's the bottom line.... SCSt hasn't won a playoff game since 1982. SCSt has played only one ranked team this year (FAMU who was 20-25ish). If SCSt makes the playoffs, they will most likely face the highest ranked team they've faced all year. We will have to wait until November 28th to see the finale to our discussion. xpeacex
-
SCSU has been to the playoff only once since 1982, and that was last year, 2008 so your point is moot...
-
As it relates to naming TSU and not stating that SCSU had beaten FURMAN in the FCS (I-AA) Playoffs, I suggest you read my signature and get a clue...

It's 2009, we play the teams on our schedule and rankings are subjective at best, thats why lower rank teams beat higher rank teams all thoughout the year and even during the playoffs...

That is the why FCS football is so great, the rankings are irrelevant once you make the playoff field. Then its line em up and play...

Once you are in, it's back to basic football - blocking, tackling, passing, receiving, punting, kicking and returning the football... Those who execute the best for 60 minutes, with the mistakes/errors win... We will talk again, in late November...

89Hen
October 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
that doesn't address why you did not mention FURMAN as an aside mister opinionated
FWIW, an aside is usually something interesting that is not a part of the normal discussion. SCSt beating Furman in 1981 isn't really interesting IMO.

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
It's 2009, we play the teams on our schedule and rankings are subjective at best, thats why lower rank teams beat higher rank teams all thoughout the year and even during the playoffs...

That is the why FCS football is so great, the rankings are irrelevant once you make the playoff field. Then its line em up and play...

Once you are in, it's back to basic football - blocking, tackling, passing, receiving, punting, kicking and returning the football... Those who execute the best for 60 minutes, with the mistakes/errors win... We will talk again, in late November...

Sounds like a showdown! Can't waitxthumbsupx

AGS Bowl: iceman4221 vs 89 Hen on PayPerView Date TBD

iceman4221
October 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
FWIW, an aside is usually something interesting that is not a part of the normal discussion. SCSt beating Furman in 1981 isn't really interesting IMO. Neither was mentioning TSU which was the team we actually beat in 1981, we beat FURMAN in 1982, but if you start the conversation, I can continue it, if I chose to do so...

Stop with the condescending remarks and grow up - most peeps here are college graduates and are very articulate, have a basic mastery of the english language/grammar and have possession of a collegiate level vocabulary at their disposal... So please give it a rest...

As I said earlier, if you make a blunder (i.e. don't have accurate facts, but continuously rant and rave) I will expose you - do the research so you can speak with authority...

crusader11
October 20th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Yet another stat that really makes you seriously question HC's ranking?

Sorry ace.

larssc
October 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM
As I said earlier, if you make a blunder (i.e. don't have accurate facts, but continuously rant and rave) I will expose you - do the research so you can speak with authority...

"I will admit my error as to stating where you played NSU, and to misspelling barely in my original comment, but I did not say you had a trouble beating NSU… Relative to the margin of victory, W&M did barely get by NSU, especially in comparison to SCSU… That’s the SCORE BOARD TRUTH OF THE MATTER, regardless to what your coach may have done, as it relates to reserves in the 4th quarter… SCSU 37 NSU 10 versus W&M 27 NSU 15 is the only thing we have to go on"

How about this from MEAC/SWAC sports main street :

"It was 21-0 at the half, and 27-0 at the start of the fourth quarter. NSU ran just four plays in the entire third quarter...

The Tribe outgained Norfolk State 137 yards to 7 in the first quarter, running 21 plays to the Spartans' eight and not allowing Norfolk State to complete a pass while taking a 14-0 lead on a pair of touchdown passes from R.J. Archer. The Tribe also intercepted a first-quarter pass, amassed eight first downs to the Spartans' one and had the ball for nearly six minutes longer."

I don't think W&M had any trouble.

DSUrocks07
October 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
"I will admit my error as to stating where you played NSU, and to misspelling barely in my original comment, but I did not say you had a trouble beating NSU… Relative to the margin of victory, W&M did barely get by NSU, especially in comparison to SCSU… That’s the SCORE BOARD TRUTH OF THE MATTER, regardless to what your coach may have done, as it relates to reserves in the 4th quarter… SCSU 37 NSU 10 versus W&M 27 NSU 15 is the only thing we have to go on"

How about this from MEAC/SWAC sports main street :

"It was 21-0 at the half, and 27-0 at the start of the fourth quarter. NSU ran just four plays in the entire third quarter...

The Tribe outgained Norfolk State 137 yards to 7 in the first quarter, running 21 plays to the Spartans' eight and not allowing Norfolk State to complete a pass while taking a 14-0 lead on a pair of touchdown passes from R.J. Archer. The Tribe also intercepted a first-quarter pass, amassed eight first downs to the Spartans' one and had the ball for nearly six minutes longer."

I don't think W&M had any trouble.

I don't think so either.

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 08:17 AM
[u]Stop with the condescending remarks and grow up -

xlolx xcoffeex The fact that YOU even site playoff games that happened probably before you were born is comical and then throw in the fact that one of the two wins was TSU is funny given the earlier question I asked about when was the last time SCSt beat somebody outside of the MEAC, SWAC or TSU. I'm sorry if the humor in that escapes you.

Me mistaking 1981 for 1982 or the SAIC as an NAIA conference are minor compared to your insistance that you had not played an SAIC team for 25 years. xlolx

siuham
October 21st, 2009, 10:11 AM
xlolx xcoffeex The fact that YOU even site playoff games that happened probably before you were born is comical and then throw in the fact that one of the two wins was TSU is funny given the earlier question I asked about when was the last time SCSt beat somebody outside of the MEAC, SWAC or TSU. I'm sorry if the humor in that escapes you.

Me mistaking 1981 for 1982 or the SAIC as an NAIA conference are minor compared to your insistance that you had not played an SAIC team for 25 years. xlolx

FWIW, you were going for the word 'cite.'

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
FWIW, you were going for the word 'cite.'
Thanks Mr Grammar.

siuham
October 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Mr Grammar.

Just referencing you talking about the aside thing.

:-p

iceman4221
October 21st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Lighten up or take it to the poli board, bra! xbabycryx

Taking yourself too seriously on this board is the surest way not to be taken seriously at all.

I will be surprised if SCSU is anything but one and done in the postseason, but I could be wrong! xpeacex

That's why we play the game. Good luck in the playoffs, though! xthumbsupx

I visited my Dad this past weekend and you are not him...xnonox

You are like many of the other LAME posters on this board, that have been here for years and have over 200 posts, but "will not/refuse to donate to support something you partake of often - were I come from you are term "TRIFLING"... And when taking advice, I was taught to consider the source, so I am not considering your thoughts and opinion Mr Trifling... xthumbsupx

Put up some $$$ or just Shad dup and ignore my post??? When you grow up and become a MAN you will donate to the causes/things that you enjoy using/partake of - until then "talk to the hand"...xnodx

danefan
October 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
I visited my Dad this past weekend and you are not him...xnonox

You are like many of the other LAME posters on this board, that have been here for years and have over 200 posts, but "will not/refuse to donate to support something you partake of often - were I come from you are term "TRIFLING"... And when taking advice, I was taught to consider the source, so I am not considering your thoughts and opinion Mr Trifling... xthumbsupx

Put up some $$$ or just Shad dup and ignore my post??? When you grow up and become a MAN you will donate to the causes/things that you enjoy using/partake of - until then "talk to the hand"...xnodx

Welcome Icemean. You might want to reconsider spouting off about people and things you aren't familiar with. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx The reasons people chose to not donate to this board are numerous. Why do you care anyway. Do you have some kind of personal stake in this board?

iceman4221
October 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM

Stop being idiotic, I was born on January 7, 1965... You are so presumptious, its nauseating... And I graduated from SCSU in 1987... You finished school in "89 Hen" (or is this your jersey number from your playing days?) if so, you are the kid here - unless you were a late bloomer or did the military route before attending/finishing school...

I never addressed you question about SCSU versus OOC opponents another poster, B&G, had already done that by mentioning Furman and Charleston Southern in the 1990's... I, on the other hand, did issue a comment about SCSU and the playoffs, I was addressing the fact that you and others on this board, repetitively compared SCSU to HAMPTON U, and its inability to win a home playoff game...

And I merely suggested you compare us to FAMU which has won Playoff games while in the MEAC against PWC's and suggested that you stop comparing us to the MEAC Schools that had never won a PLAYOFF Game against PWC's... Then I provided you with a link to prove we had 1) home playoff games on our resume and 2) won I-AA playoff games, including a PWC...
You must have done some research and A) mentioned a playoff win over TSU... I thought it was odd that you did not mention B) the win over FURMAN of the SoCon conference AS WELL...

McNeese is too high and should be below SFA. UNH dropped too much and should be above Elon and ASU. NAU should be higher. Cal Poly should be lower. Not convinced SCST is a top 10 team either.

As for those talking about W&M and "them having trouble with NSU", those are not my words - someone has taken a journalistic spin on my original quote and now it has really spiraled out of control... This is what I posted in response to WMTribe90 that create the stir:

You bearly got by Norfolk State ... and you question whether SCSU is a Top Ten team... Please!!! xsmhx

Keep winning and we will likely face you in the Playoffs... And we will not lose to a "Johnny Come Lately" school like William & Mary... xpeacex

You are not Delaware, App State, Montana, Youngstown State or Georgia Southern... We know who you are!!! xsmiley_wix

Proper interpretation, You beat NSU 27-15 and we beat NSU 37-10, both "on the road"... We handle them better than you, based on the scoreboard...

Barely was misspelled bearly in this quote, my error... But Merriam-Webster defines the word as "in a meager manner" and uses synonyms such as scarcely ("by a narrow margin")... Comparing SCSU vs William & Mary's margin of victory - 27 points vs 12 points - and you can understand my using the term barely ...

"Johnny Come Lately", you are not known over the past 65 years as a football power, you just start doing well ( you have 19 seasons out of 65 that record you as winning 7 or more games a year, 13 occurring in the last 2 decade)

"You are not quote", references a list of schools that have National titles (multiple ones at that) W&M like SCSU has not won a National Title or played in the Title game...

Thus, IMHO, if W&M is Top Ten worthy, then why can't my SCSU Bulldogs be also??? NOW, having said that and clearing up the record, what part of my quote says W&M had trouble beating NSU???

So stop attributing the phrase "W&M had TROUBLE beating NSU to Iceman4221... Its and inaccurate depiction of my actual quote...

SIAC is a Division II Conference not an NAIA affiliate... FACT
http://www.d2football.com/teams/

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2009/09_2_Football.pdf

SCSU has not played a member of the SIAC conference in over 25 years... FACT

http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/scarolst.htm

xsmiley_wix As I said before, SCSU does not play NAIA schools you are confusing us with other HBCU's we are not one and the same... xsmiley_wix

xsmhx In your mind this is a minor technicality, but since perception is reality it effects the way you vote in the polls xsmhx

Last but not least, as for the SIAC "NOT" the SAIC, I didn't know Benedict was in that conference, I thought they were an independent school because they just started playing football again in 1995 (prior to that 1965) and had no conference affiliation... My mistake, I did not know that Benedict was a member of the SIAC NOT the SAIC in 2002... I didn't know they were a SIAC member, but you thought they were a NAIA Divisional School - IMHO, knowing Benedict was a Division II program vs a NAIA program is what was significant in this discussion... xsmiley_wix

As for degrees of error, does it matter? NAIA is a lot different from NCAA Div II, kinda like FBS Schools (I-A) vs FCS (I-AA)... As for 1981 vs 1982 don't try to simplify this as if you merely had the year wrong, when the year also depicts which team you play... That's kind of like saying its doesn't matter what year is on a birth certificate, when you are applying to receive your corporate/social security retirement - in other words, its very significant... Dates are very important my friend - Its how the world recollects what happen and reflect on them later... xsmhx

For instance, July 4, 1776 brings something to mine, and by accidently stating July 4, 1775 or 1777 the date becomes meaningless...

As for the 25 years of not playing a SIAC opponent, not knowing that Benedict was no longer and independent nature lead to this conclusion - I was wrong...xbowx

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
I never addressed you question about SCSU versus OOC opponents another poster, B&G, had already done that by mentioning Furman and Charleston Southern in the 1990's... I, on the other hand, did issue a comment about SCSU and the playoffs, I was addressing the fact that you and others on this board, repetitively compared SCSU to HAMPTON U, and its inability to win a home playoff game...

And I merely suggested you compare us to FAMU which has won Playoff games while in the MEAC against PWC's and suggested that you stop comparing us to the MEAC Schools that had never won a PLAYOFF Game against PWC's... Then I provided you with a link to prove we had 1) home playoff games on our resume and 2) won I-AA playoff games, including a PWC...
You must have done some research and A) mentioned a playoff win over TSU... I thought it was odd that you did not mention B) the win over FURMAN of the SoCon conference AS WELL...

Last but not least, as for the SIAC "NOT" the SAIC, I didn't know Benedict was in that conference, I thought they were an independent school because they just started playing football again in 1995 (prior to that 1965) and had no conference affiliation... My mistake, I did not know that Benedict was a member of the SIAC NOT the SAIC in 2002... I didn't know they were a SIAC member, but you thought they were a NAIA Divisional School - IMHO, knowing Benedict was a Division II program vs a NAIA program is what was significant in this discussion... xsmiley_wix

As for degrees of error, does it matter? NAIA is a lot different from NCAA Div II, kinda like FBS Schools (I-A) vs FCS (I-AA)... As for 1981 vs 1982 don't try to simplify this as if you merely had the year wrong, when the year also depicts which team you play... That's kind of like saying its doesn't matter what year is on a birth certificate, when you are applying to receive your corporate/social security retirement - in other words, its very significant... Dates are very important my friend - Its how the world recollects what happen and reflect on them later... xsmhx

For instance, July 4, 1776 brings something to mine, and by accidently stating July 4, 1775 or 1777 the date becomes meaningless...

As for the 25 years of not playing a SIAC opponent, not knowing that Benedict was no longer and independent nature lead to this conclusion - I was wrong...xbowx
xlolx Wow. On so many levels. You can stick to semantics all you want, but digging up games from 1981 and 1982 is hysterical and trying to say there's a difference between the two is beyond belief. Using FAMU, who last won a playoff game in what 1999 (?) is comical. I-AA 2009 is really nothing like I-AA 1981, 1982 or even 1999. This would be like bringing up national championships won by Harvard or Army when talking about the BCS.

I'm sure you know EKU won National Championships in the early 80's. If they made the playoffs this year, should we expect them to win it all, or should we expect that perhaps the fact that the OVC hasn't won a playoff game since 1997 might be a better predictor of what might happen?

Whether it's fair, or unfair, until SCSt actually wins a playoff game, they will not be viewed as a top team in I-AA. We've seen it too many times over the past 10 years where a MEAC team goes 11-0, 10-1, 9-2 only to make a first round exit.

BTW, Benedict came awfully close to losing to NAIA Concordia College a couple weeks ago. You sure there's a big difference? :p

B&G
October 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
ice, forget about comparisons to Hampton of this decade. But in doing so we also have to forget about comparing the common Norfolk State scores. Both cases are apples and oranges. However, what is so special about SCSU's resume this season that makes them a Top 10 team? I am a fan but I can't even make a case for it.

JMUNJ08
October 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Stop being idiotic, I was born on January 7, 1965... You are so presumptious, its nauseating... And I graduated from SCSU in 1987... You finished school in "89 Hen" (or is this your jersey number from your playing days?) if so, you are the kid here - unless you were a late bloomer or did the military route before attending/finishing school...

As for those talking about W&M and "them having trouble with NSU", those are not my words - someone has taken a journalistic spin on my original quote and now it has really spiraled out of control... This is what I posted in response to WMTribe90 that create the stir:

Proper interpretation, You beat NSU 27-15 and we beat NSU 37-10, both "on the road"... We handle them better than you, based on the scoreboard...

Barely was misspelled bearly in this quote, my error... But Merriam-Webster defines the word as "in a meager manner" and uses synonyms such as scarcely ("by a narrow margin")... Comparing SCSU vs William & Mary's margin of victory - 27 points vs 12 points - and you can understand my using the term barely ...

"Johnny Come Lately", you are not known over the past 65 years as a football power, you just start doing well ( you have 19 seasons out of 65 that record you as winning 7 or more games a year, 13 occurring in the last 2 decade)

"You are not quote", references a list of schools that have National titles (multiple ones at that) W&M like SCSU has not won a National Title or played in the Title game...

Thus, IMHO, if W&M is Top Ten worthy, then why can't my SCSU Bulldogs be also??? NOW, having said that and clearing up the record, what part of my quote says W&M had trouble beating NSU???

So stop attributing the phrase "W&M had TROUBLE beating NSU to Iceman4221... Its and inaccurate depiction of my actual quote...

Can we just leave it at that? xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
October 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
SC State is legit. Depending on where they go in the first round (and they could get a home game)... they will suprise some people.

SumItUp
October 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
You are like many of the other LAME posters on this board, that have been here for years and have over 200 posts, but "will not/refuse to donate to support something you partake of often - were I come from you are term "TRIFLING"... And when taking advice, I was taught to consider the source, so I am not considering your thoughts and opinion Mr Trifling...

IceMan, you are on pace to shatter the 200 post mark with a few days to spare before they announce the playoff pairings. xwhistlex xcoffeex

FUPaladins
October 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
WOW, the CAA is really a force to be reckoned with.

B&G
October 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM
SC State is legit. Depending on where they go in the first round (and they could get a home game)... they will suprise some people.

By winning or by keeping the score close?

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
"may" xpeacex

BulldogWillie
October 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM
We played at Norfolk State and the game was not competitive. NSU scored two late TD's when WM pulled starters and the game was never in question.

When the MEAC actually wins a playoff game then we can talk about top ten rankings. That said, I have a healthy respect for this SCST team and have them at #15 in my poll. They may even be better than that ranking, but the resume isn't there to leap frog any fo the teams ahead of them.

C'mon WMTribe90. you're starting to sound like JMU head coach Mickey Matthews.
As long as S.C. State keeps winning,they've earned the right to be ranked tenth.

iceman4221
October 21st, 2009, 09:28 PM
IceMan, you are on pace to shatter the 200 post mark with a few days to spare before they announce the playoff pairings. xwhistlex xcoffeex

xnodx There's obviously no limits on free post, because there are peeps here with over 1500 posts and they haven't donated one red cent - so I am gonna post like them and donate to keep the board open indefinitely maybe $25 per month is a good number to work with... xsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

I like shaking people up from their little comfort zones and I can not help but notice, I have done that without much effort here on AnyGivenSaturday.com in less than 3-4 days... We know who you are!!! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

SumItUp I hope you decide to donate before you get to 200 posts... Be a man and set and example... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

iceman4221
October 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Welcome Icemean. You might want to reconsider spouting off about people and things you aren't familiar with. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx The reasons people chose to not donate to this board are numerous. Why do you care anyway. Do you have some kind of personal stake in this board?

Well, the AGS Poll is a reputable one and if misinformation about a conference or school is spewed, then that will lead to them being disenfranchised due to perceptions created by this misinformation...

I donated, so the answer to your question is YES!!! And its Iceman, not Icemean, how would you like for others to butcher your name and call you pipsqueak-danefan instead of by the name you choose... You guys are unreal, but I am gonna be me and make you come correct... xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

danefan
October 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Well, the AGS Poll is a reputable one and if misinformation about a conference or school is spewed, then that will lead to them being disenfranchised due to perceptions created by this misinformation...

I donated, so the answer to your question is YES!!! And its Iceman, not Icemean, how would you like for others to butcher your name and call you pipsqueak-danefan instead of by the name you choose... You guys are unreal, but I am gonna be me and make you come correct... xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

You don't have tell me about disinformation about a conference. I'm a fan of Albany.

And your name was a typo.

Relax and breath buddy. Your posts come through like you're wound tighter than a hummingbird's butthole. I'm not disagreeing with your posts on the MEAC. All I'm saying is that you have 20-something posts and have been here for all of 5 minutes. Sit back and take it all in for a while before you start commenting on other's motivations.

And before you get all worked up, I'm not saying you shouldn't post about football, because its clear that you are knowledgeable. xthumbsupx

B&G
October 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
You don't have tell me about disinformation about a conference. I'm a fan of Albany.

And your name was a typo.

Relax and breath buddy. Your posts come through like you're wound tighter than a hummingbird's butthole. I'm not disagreeing with your posts on the MEAC. All I'm saying is that you have 20-something posts and have been here for all of 5 minutes. Sit back and take it all in for a while before you start commenting on other's motivations.

And before you get all worked up, I'm not saying you shouldn't post about football, because its clear that you are knowledgeable. xthumbsupx

Great, now he's going to post to correct you that he's been here for way longer than 5 minutes. xoopsx

89Hen
October 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Great, now he's going to post to correct you that he's been here for way longer than 5 minutes. xoopsx
Always find it weird when somebody says they've been a reader for years and only now posted. I can't think of any message board I've only read for a long period of time. xeyebrowx

Aho_Old_Guy
October 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Doesn't App St. have an exemption from playing road games in the playoffs? ;)

Of course.

The NCAA bylaws recognize the fine efforts of the Appalachian family as the "Host with the Most" as Mountaineer hometown hospitality extends the utmost courtesies to our visiting competition.

Because of our hosting prowess the NCAA actually codified new bylaws this year stating such --- and that in the event Appalachian does not qualify for the playoffs this year, Elon must play all of their playoff games at "The Rock" as just compensation.

grizband
October 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Of course.

The NCAA bylaws recognize the fine efforts of the Appalachian family as the "Host with the Most" as Mountaineer hometown hospitality extends the utmost courtesies to our visiting competition.

Because of our hosting prowess the NCAA actually codified new bylaws this year stating such --- and that in the event Appalachian does not qualify for the playoffs this year, Elon must play all of their playoff games at "The Rock" as just compensation.
Yes, its called the "Montana Clause".....xthumbsupx

iceman4221
October 24th, 2009, 10:14 AM
BTW, my ballot...

11. South Carolina State
13. Delaware

xpeacex

xthumbsupx