PDA

View Full Version : Any Elon fans: WTH is this?

ashram
October 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I found this on the Samford board and haven't seen it posted anywhere else. Apparently this is from a couple of weeks ago, I assume during the week of practice leading up to the FU/Elon game.

http://footballscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Horse.jpg

That's a pretty poor mock Sir Paladin. xconfusedx

Skjellyfetti
October 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
xlolx

xconfusedx

Bam
October 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Classic.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Yea...pretty poor ripoff.

He's gotta be laying on the ground from getting bucked off the horse to pull it off completely (see GSU-FU 2002 ;) )

phoenixphanatic21
October 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
All I know is that was during the week of the Furman game. This is the only thing I've seen about it.
http://org.elon.edu/athletics/blog/2009/10/paladin-at-football-practice.html#links
I personally find it funny, not gonna lie.

ashram
October 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Yea...pretty poor ripoff.

He's gotta be laying on the ground from getting bucked off the horse to pull it off completely (see GSU-FU 2002 ;) )

Yep, one mention of Sir Paladin and you can pretty much put money on a GSU fan mentioning that accident from 2002. A guy gets thrown from a very large, scared horse, and the GSU side erupts in laughter.

Eaglesrus
October 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Yep, one mention of Sir Paladin and you can pretty much put money on a GSU fan mentioning that accident from 2002. A guy gets thrown from a very large, scared horse, and the GSU side erupts in laughter.

Yes, we did, but only after the guy got up and started walking around.

appmaj
October 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Awesome

ashram
October 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I personally find it funny, not gonna lie.

I thought it was pretty funny too -- just a little too easy. If I wanted to do something similar before next year's Elon game I'd have to light live chickens on fire and throw them on the practice field, and I'm just not going to do that.

straightshooter
October 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM

And that wasn't the worst thing that happened in Paladin Stadium that night...ask Bobby Lamb how the game went...it was a good old fashioned GSU butt whipping.

phoenix3
October 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
xlmaoxxlmaox
I thought it was pretty funny too -- just a little too easy. If I wanted to do something similar before next year's Elon game I'd have to light live chickens on fire and throw them on the practice field, and I'm just not going to do that.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

ashram
October 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
it was a good old fashioned GSU butt whipping.

Yes it was -- 42-21. I think you guys were paying us back for beating you in the semi-finals the year before.

straightshooter
October 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes it was -- 42-21. I think you guys were paying us back for beating you in the semi-finals the year before.

I think it was 35-7 at the half, when the Purple faithful doubled their wine consumption and backed off of the cheese. I was a great day to be an Eagle!

PhoenixSupreme
October 14th, 2009, 03:16 PM

At least the team would have some KFC after the hard practice xlolx

PaladinFan
October 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
And that wasn't the worst thing that happened in Paladin Stadium that night...ask Bobby Lamb how the game went...it was a good old fashioned GSU butt whipping.

"Old Fashioned" is about right. Back then you had a running game, an offense, a defense, an intimidating home venue, and a national championship calibre team.

blueballs
October 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, we did, but only after the guy got up and started walking around.

...and the poor guy who got bucked off that horse wasn't nearly as scared as their kick returner in the first half.

whoanellie
October 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I found this on the Samford board and haven't seen it posted anywhere else. Apparently this is from a couple of weeks ago, I assume during the week of practice leading up to the FU/Elon game.

http://footballscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Horse.jpg

That's a pretty poor mock Sir Paladin. xconfusedx

amazing!!! guess it did not go over well for FU due to the outcome. xdeadhorsex

blueballs
October 14th, 2009, 05:16 PM
"Old Fashioned" is about right. Back then you had a running game, an offense, a defense, an intimidating home venue, and a national championship calibre team.

Yes, 'twas the good ole' days- for both of our programs unfortunately (still remember 45-10 and 24-17).

PaladinFan
October 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, 'twas the good ole' days- for both of our programs unfortunately (still remember 45-10 and 24-17).

We'll be back their soon enough I'm sure.

ASU_Fanatic
October 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I lol'd.

DX Man
October 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
xlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehx

PhoenixPhan06
October 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Whatever it takes to keep us at the top of the SoCon!!

eaglewraith
October 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I think it was 35-7 at the half, when the Purple faithful doubled their wine consumption and backed off of the cheese. I was a great day to be an Eagle!

35-0 at the half actually

eaglewraith
October 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM
...and the poor guy who got bucked off that horse wasn't nearly as scared as their kick returner in the first half.

And Billy Napier

MasonJar
October 15th, 2009, 02:03 PM
To quote a banner that use to hang from one of the Kidd Brewer stadium Light poles: "What the hell is a Paladin?" I guess a little 7 & 7 makes it somewhat funnier...xsmiley_wix

But, it does make me wonder what Elon will use for the Mountaineer game week preparation!!!!!!xeekx

Mmmmmmm.... that's right. Yosef got a goat!

http://p-i.smugmug.com/photos/681839726_ss97h-S.jpg

I hope they do a good job in prep for the ASU game. We have a big crowd planning to attend!

http://p-i.smugmug.com/photos/681861258_qC4aC-S.jpgxlmaox

McNeese75
October 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
xlolx El Nacho Libre rides again!!!! :D

ElonPride
October 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
But, it does make me wonder what Elon will use for the Mountaineer game week preparation!!!!!!xeekx

Probably Jar Jar Binks xsmiley_wix

GATA
October 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM

are we talking about GSU or Furman too?

we've both fallen off quite a bit wouldn't you agree? If we're the Nebraska of FCS, that makes Furman the Florida State.

Both programs need to get their **** together...it's getting pathetic.