PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette's Costanzo involved in Davis injury

letsgopards04
October 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
According to Sports Illustrated, former Lafayette College LB Blake Costanzo (now playing for the Browns) was on the other end James Davis' injury that put the Browns' practices under scrutiny.

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
What happened???

letsgopards04
October 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
According to sources (not si.com) the Browns were running drills where Davis was unpadded going against guys in pads but there is so much hearsay and stories going around but Sports Illustrated just happened to say that Costanzo was the defensive player other than the parties involved I don't what is fact in regard to the events.

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Cant see how they can fault Blake though.

letsgopards04
October 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
They aren't. SI was just pointing out that he was on the other end.

"...And if a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter is true -- that rookie running back James Davis was hurt in practice when ordered to run padless against fully padded defensive players -- Mangini will be in trouble with the league and in trouble when he tries to lure free agents to Cleveland next offseason.

The Davis allegations are troubling, and the team has already talked to a league official investigating the incident. The Browns say the incident never happened that way. Davis, they claim, was injured when going against linebacker Blake Costanzo in a post-practice pass-rushing drill, when both players were not wearing pads. The play left Davis on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. The NFL Players Association is also looking into the story, and I'll follow up as developments occur, as best I can..."

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Blake is a moose - wouldnt want to go padless against that Pard!!