PDA

View Full Version : Huge Game by Monmouth alum (Miles Austin)

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM
10 receptions for 250 yards and two TDs including the game winner in overtime. Both TDs were long plays during which he broke tackles after relatively short receptions and sprinted the remaining distances.

You should be able to see the play at http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81350f2e/WK-5-Can-t-Miss-Play-Austin-game-winner

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Congratulations on a great job not only gettting to the Show, but also starring!

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Yes. His first NFL start and he sets a Dallas Cowboy record for receiving yards in one game.

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Here's a more extensive video of highlights from his game today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhEH0PeasM

We may be witnessing the emergence of a new former I-AA/FCS superstar. We'll see. But today was his first real shot to show what he can do with the spotlines on.

Seahawks Fan
October 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
The Jets had a chance to sign him as a free agent this season and they passed. Mistake. :(

gbhmt
October 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
That's a great game in the books, but he did unfortunately drop three passes in the endzone. Not good. I really hope he steps up and really becomes a threat, though, because the Cowboys offense is really hurting for a real #1 receiver.

JohnStOnge
October 12th, 2009, 05:43 PM
That's a great game in the books, but he did unfortunately drop three passes in the endzone. Not good. I really hope he steps up and really becomes a threat, though, because the Cowboys offense is really hurting for a real #1 receiver.

I didn't watch the whole game, but are you saying he dropped three passes in the end zone in that one game?

downbythebeach
October 12th, 2009, 05:56 PM
the drops would all have been great catches if he made them, hard to call them "drops," but a really good receiver would have made them....that being said he still had 250 and broke the Dallas record in his first start so that might be being a bit too critical.

JohnStOnge
October 12th, 2009, 06:52 PM
the drops would all have been great catches if he made them, hard to call them "drops," but a really good receiver would have made them....that being said he still had 250 and broke the Dallas record in his first start so that might be being a bit too critical.

He also made a really great catch that you can see a little after 50 seconds into that highlight video I linked.

NFLCB2
October 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thats MyBOY!!! MU KILLING MACHINES! Would you believe he moved like that at monmouth at 240?

gbhmt
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM

Yeah I'm not denying it was a good performance. I'm just worried that he may not be enough of a threat to compete with top corners.