PDA

View Full Version : New stadium for SDSU?

MplsBison
October 9th, 2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091009/SPORTS0202/910090325

I wonder would they consider a dome, like the rest of the Dakota 4 and UNI?

Also notes that they're going to be installing artificial turf at C-A eventually. Another grass field bites the dust...

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I hope to god we dont get a dome. Football is meant for outside, and I like being the only outside stadium. I think the way they are thinking is a horseshoe type setup.

RowdyRabbit
October 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I hope to god we dont get a dome. Football is meant for outside, and I like being the only outside stadium. I think the way they are thinking is a horseshoe type setup.

^this^

cowbellnation
October 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I often thought something like what Utah State has:

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/ust/graphics/auto/Romneystadium2008.jpg

or U. of New Mexico

http://www.ncaafootball.com/image_lib/stadiums_newmexico.jpg

Obvisously not everything is going to be the same, but same rough design.

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I didn't realize Utah State had such a nice stadium!

As for SDSU replacing CAS, jeeze I hope so!

aust42
October 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm anti Dome. Football should be played outside. Someone posted a video link to a North Dakota State game played back in the mid 80's (I couldn't find the link) before they had the Dome. It was a blizzard, the field was covered in snow, wind blowing 25 mph gusts of wind, negatvie 20 degree wind chill factor. Just outrageous conditions. But that's football, just play the game.

LacesOut
October 9th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I didn't realize Utah State had such a nice stadium!

This!

Damn, it looks great.

And NO DOME for SDSU! NO NO NO.

W. DeMontague
October 10th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Logan, Utah is one of the most underrated and beautiful places in the country.

Big Al
October 11th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Logan, Utah is one of the most underrated and beautiful places in the country.

Indeed. Too bad it's in Logan, Utah.

MplsBison
October 11th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Wow. Utah State has a really nice facility for being a nobody program in college football. Did they ever have any history of winning in DII or DI-AA? Anything? How do they get people to go to the games when Utah and BYU are right there?

JacksFan06
October 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM
SDSU will defiantly not be considering a dome.

No offense to teams who play in a dome, but outside is where it's at. Even if it is a cold November day, that is what football is. Otherwise it's arena football.

darell1976
October 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'm anti Dome. Football should be played outside. Someone posted a video link to a North Dakota State game played back in the mid 80's (I couldn't find the link) before they had the Dome. It was a blizzard, the field was covered in snow, wind blowing 25 mph gusts of wind, negatvie 20 degree wind chill factor. Just outrageous conditions. But that's football, just play the game.

I've been to a Sioux game before we had a dome and conditions were brutal strong winds, snow, rain, cold, yes its football, and i thought getting a dome would weaken a team then in 2001 we won the D2 National title. So that takes care of the last statement about domes its all about teams (except NDSU who has yet to host a team in the FargoDome and its been what 17 years). If UND were to move up to FBS level so long Alerus Center (attendence). Hello outside.:)

achrist70
October 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
If they built a dome it would really upset the people from Southern Illinois.