PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Predictions - Week 6

carney2
October 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
We need to get after this. There is a rare Thursday night game this week.

Thursday, Oct 8

COLGATE @ Princeton

Saturday, Oct 10

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ Penn
HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Bryant @ FORDHAM
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE

The League went 4-1 vs. OOC this week, bringing the 2009 totals to 12-11.

vs. Big South: 1-1
vs. CAA: 1-2
vs. Independents: 1-0
vs. Ivy League: 5-5
vs. MEAC: 0-1
vs. NEC: 3-2
vs. Pioneer: 1-0

Standings after week 5:

Colgate 1-0 PL, 5-0 Total
Holy Cross 1-0, 4-0
Lafayette 1-0, 3-1
Bucknell 1-0, 3-2
Lehigh 0-0, 0-4
Fordham 0-1, 1-3
Georgetown 0-3, 0-5

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ Penn
HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Bryant @ FORDHAM
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE

Go Hoyas, of course. Pards/Lions is a tough one, but I'm gonna be a homer given the recent history of this matchup. The rest are fairly obvious.

Bryant? Where did that one come from?

Pard94
October 4th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Colgate beats Fordham - 28-21 - in a game that is closer than one would think

Lehigh beats Georgetown - 17-7 - The proverbial sun shines on the dog's a** this week for Lehigh

Penn beats Bucknell - 21-7- Bucknell solidifies their spot in the lower middle of the pack of the PL

Holy Cross beats Brown -42 - 10 - The Crusaders continue up the chart with a bullet as they say

Fordham beats Bryant - 17 - 3 They better beat Bryant.

Lafayette beats Columbia - 28 - 12 The battle of the Big Cats goes to Lafayette

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Colgate beats Princeton - 28-21 - in a game that is closer than one would think

Lehigh beats Georgetown - 17-7 - The proverbial sun shines on the dog's a** this week for Lehigh

Penn beats Bucknell - 21-7- Bucknell solidifies their spot in the lower middle of the pack of the PL

Holy Cross beats Brown -42 - 10 - The Crusaders continue up the chart with a bullet as they say

Fordham beats Bryant - 17 - 3 They better beat Bryant.

Lafayette beats Columbia - 28 - 12 The battle of the Big Cats goes to Lafayette

xthumbsupx

carney2
October 4th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Thursday, Oct 8

COLGATE @ Princeton
Colgate Some of the toothpaste guys on this board seem to be paranoid about this one. I guess they were crushed by Dick Kazmaier and Cozmo Iacovazzi back in the day and still have nightmares. If the ‘gates have trouble with this bunch of punchless Tabbies the questions about “How good are they, really?’ will intensify. This should, and better, be a walkover.

Saturday, Oct 10

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Lehigh Finally someone their own size to pick on. The Squawks begin a 3 week run where the drum beat of negativity will soften and coach Andy Coen will get things turned around – or not. It can’t get much worse, so my guess is that things will get better. In any event, they are presented with everyone’s favorite get well tonic to start things off.

BUCKNELL @ Penn
Penn The Quackers are supposedly an Ivy contender and have shown signs of life in their losses, but not necessarily in their lone win. Bucknell, on the other hand, was considered a (very) long shot contender in the Patriot League and has been a synonym for comatose in each and every one of their games. If this is not a blowout it will only be because Penn is not as advertised.

HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Holy Cross The Cross has been consistently what most observers thought them to be: one of the best one trick ponies in recent football memory. Brown presents the last conceivable obstacle before the October 24th showdown with Colgate. Right now the Brown defensive coordinator is involved in the weekly dilemma that all Holy Cross opponents have had: “This is a one dimensional team. We should be able to beat them.” Good luck with that.

Bryant @ FORDHAM
Fordham Bryant?!! And I repeat, BRYANT?!!!!! The Fordham AD dialed 1-800- CUPCAKE to put together his 2009 OOC schedule. Why go scholarship? Just keep that number on speed dial. Last week the Rams crushed (can you feel the irony with a hint of ridicule in that choice of words?) a team making its debut in FCS football. Bryant is another one for the trophy case in The Bronx. How can a team with John Skelton at QB not absolutely lambaste a team like Bryant? Believe me, the Rams will find a way.

Columbia @ LAFAYETTE
Lafayette The Manhattan Lions have been inching forward over the past few years. They took a seismic leap last weak in throwing a major hurtin’ on the Princeton Pussycats. It’s habit I know, but I’m still thinking “gimme” with this one. If it is, this should be the final year. On the other side of the field, the Leopards are looking more and more like a very big cat in the Patriot League. If they don’t stumble against the powder blues and make a fight out of it the following week against the Johns of Cambridge, the League – and LFN – had best wake up to the fact that this thing will not be decided at the October 24th ‘gate @ Holy Cross tussle in Woo.

RichH2
October 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Gate over Tigers by at least 21
LU edges GU O a bit better D takes the game off
Penn over BU

HC over Brown in a major shootout 49-42
FU over Bryant
LC over Col would notbe surprised if it goes to overtime

Franks Tanks
October 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Gate over Tigers by at least 21
LU edges GU O a bit better D takes the game off
Penn over BU

HC over Brown in a major shootout 49-42
FU over Bryant
LC over Col would notbe surprised if it goes to overtime

Gate should absolutely destroy Princeton

Penn over BU by 3 Td's

Cross over Brown in a shootout

Fordham by two scores over Brant

LU over Georgetown

LC in a close one over an improved Columbia team

crusader11
October 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Carney, you realize that "one trick pony" you speak of has 24 less rushing yards than Lafayette.

carney2
October 4th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Carney, you realize that "one trick pony" you speak of has 24 less rushing yards than Lafayette.

And, until some wake up calls yesterday, Lafayette's rushing game has not been all that good and has, in fact, been subservient to the pass attack. They have gone against two - and maybe three - very good defenses, while the Cross...well, not so much. Yes, "one trick Pony" is an apt description, but as I have stated here and elsewhere, "what a pony!" Am looking forward to the battle for the trophy and the playoff spot on November 14th.

breezy
October 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
COLGATE beats Princeton
GEORGETOWN loses to LEHIGH
BUCKNELL loses to Penn
HOLY CROSS defeats Brown
Bryant loses to FORDHAM
Columbia loses to LAFAYETTE

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Lehigh
Penn
Holy Cross
Fordham
Columbiaxthumbsupxxbowx

Go...gate
October 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thursday, Oct 8

COLGATE @ Princeton
Colgate Some of the toothpaste guys on this board seem to be paranoid about this one. I guess they were crushed by Dick Kazmaier and Cozmo Iacovazzi back in the day and still have nightmares. If the ‘gates have trouble with this bunch of punchless Tabbies the questions about “How good are they, really?’ will intensify. This should, and better, be a walkover.

Saturday, Oct 10

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Lehigh Finally someone their own size to pick on. The Squawks begin a 3 week run where the drum beat of negativity will soften and coach Andy Coen will get things turned around – or not. It can’t get much worse, so my guess is that things will get better. In any event, they are presented with everyone’s favorite get well tonic to start things off.

BUCKNELL @ Penn
Penn The Quackers are supposedly an Ivy contender and have shown signs of life in their losses, but not necessarily in their lone win. Bucknell, on the other hand, was considered a (very) long shot contender in the Patriot League and has been a synonym for comatose in each and every one of their games. If this is not a blowout it will only be because Penn is not as advertised.

HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Holy Cross The Cross has been consistently what most observers thought them to be: one of the best one trick ponies in recent football memory. Brown presents the last conceivable obstacle before the October 24th showdown with Colgate. Right now the Brown defensive coordinator is involved in the weekly dilemma that all Holy Cross opponents have had: “This is a one dimensional team. We should be able to beat them.” Good luck with that.

Bryant @ FORDHAM
Fordham Bryant?!! And I repeat, BRYANT?!!!!! The Fordham AD dialed 1-800- CUPCAKE to put together his 2009 OOC schedule. Why go scholarship? Just keep that number on speed dial. Last week the Rams crushed (can you feel the irony with a hint of ridicule in that choice of words?) a team making its debut in FCS football. Bryant is another one for the trophy case in The Bronx. How can a team with John Skelton at QB not absolutely lambaste a team like Bryant? Believe me, the Rams will find a way.

Columbia @ LAFAYETTE
Lafayette The Manhattan Lions have been inching forward over the past few years. They took a seismic leap last weak in throwing a major hurtin’ on the Princeton Pussycats. It’s habit I know, but I’m still thinking “gimme” with this one. If it is, this should be the final year. On the other side of the field, the Leopards are looking more and more like a very big cat in the Patriot League. If they don’t stumble against the powder blues and make a fight out of it the following week against the Johns of Cambridge, the League – and LFN – had best wake up to the fact that this thing will not be decided at the October 24th ‘gate @ Holy Cross tussle in Woo.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

You are the best, Carney!

But you need to also add Hollie Donan, Royce Flippin, Dan Sachs, Paul Savidge, Ron Landeck, Dick Bracken, Hank Bjorklund, Rod Plummer, Ron Beible, Walt Snickenberger, Bobby Isom, Cris Crissy, Steve Reynolds, Doug Butler, Jason and Judd Garrett, Keith Elias and a host of others. A little recent history - before Colgate went on its long 2002-2003 winning streak, our last loss was to a so-so (at best) Princeton club in '02. The loss was significant. (Fordham won the Patriot League and the 14-10 PU loss probably cost us an at-large playoff bid).

In 1973, a very good Colgate club with All-East Tom Parr and All-American Mark VanEeghen in the backfield, fresh off a feature story in SI's "College Football" section (a fine honor, but not a jinx, in those days), faced a winless PU team at Palmer Stadium. Like Thursday, it was a rout on paper. Only somebody forgot to tell Princeton, which scored the first five times it had the ball, built a 31-0 lead, and held off a Colgate comback for a 37-21 win, which turned out to be Princeton's only win all season.

Hey, how many times did superior Leopard teams get drilled by the Engineers?

You just never know. I wish Thursday were here.

carney2
October 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

You are the best, Carney!

'nuf said.

In 1973, a very good Colgate club with All-East Tom Parr and All-American Mark VanEeghen in the backfield, fresh off a feature story in SI's "College Football" section (a fine honor, but not a jinx, in those days), faced a winless PU team at Palmer Stadium. Like Thursday, it was a rout on paper. Only somebody forgot to tell Princeton, which scored the first five times it had the ball, built a 31-0 lead, and held off a Colgate comeback for a 37-21 win, which turned out to be Princeton's only win all season.

I was there. I was in the building. I don't remember the details as you do because I didn't particularly care, but... Anyway, I don't remember seeing you.

Hey, how many times did superior Leopard teams get drilled by the Engineers?

It is common knowledge that every Lafayette team has been superior to its brown clad inferiors. No exceptions. Drilled? Never! A Squawk win should always be filed under "Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn."

Go...gate
October 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
'nuf said.

I was there. I was in the building. I don't remember the details as you do because I didn't particularly care, but... Anyway, I don't remember seeing you.

It is common knowledge that every Lafayette team has been superior to its brown clad inferiors. No exceptions. Drilled? Never! A Squawk win should always be filed under "Blind Squirrel Finds ACORN."

Now, now. Have to be careful of those political posts....:D

carney2
October 4th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Now, now. Have to be careful of those political posts....:D

I would have used "nut," but then everyone on this board would have been offended.

Harvard Worship
October 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
COLGATE over Princeton
LEHIGH over GEORGETOWN
Penn over BUCKNELL
HOLY CROSS over Brown
FORDHAM over Bryant
LAFAYETTE over Columbia

Not drinking the Kolumbia kool-aid yet. The blue powerade is pretty good tho.

jimbo65
October 5th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Colgate
Lehigh
Penn
HC
FU
LaFayette

ngineer
October 5th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Is Princeton that bad? Yes. Colgate 42-10.

Who is worse? Georgetown. Lehigh 24-7

Bucknell finally gets serious, and pays. Penn 35-14

Dominque continues to sing. Holy Cross 31-20

Rams can take Anita Bryant, can't they? Fordham 27-17

A pair of riled up kitties should make for a good ol' "cat fight". Which girl wins?
" 'pard-on me, but the 'Colombian brew' may be stronger than expected, despite Laughteryette's attempt to 'grind it out'. Lions in a 'mild upset' to prove they are back after a long hibernation. 27-24.

letsgopards04
October 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Thursday, Oct 8

COLGATE @ Princeton

Saturday, Oct 10

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH The Squawks can't lose to Georgetown, can they?
BUCKNELL @ Penn
HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Bryant @ FORDHAM
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE The Air Leopard attack is in full effect.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM
'nuf said.

It is common knowledge that every Lafayette team has been superior to its brown clad inferiors. No exceptions. Drilled? Never! A Squawk win should always be filed under "Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn."

I bet Lehigh has rarely beaten a superior Pards team. Just to give an example, citing my favorite stat, when Lafayette and Lehigh both enter the game with seven wins or more each, Lafayette is 23-1!!

RichH2
October 5th, 2009, 10:06 AM
One of my least favorite stats, but unfortunately true xoopsx

ColgateTD
October 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
24-3 so far - not too shabby..:D

Colgate - but P'ton has been a thorn in our side since the Charley Caldwell era
Lehigh - I see a first notch in the belt for the Engineers (sory DFW)
Penn - Bucknell just not up to Quackers overalll game
HC - Brown just doesn't have quite enuf for an upset
Fordham - Rams roll over Gumble's team
Lafayette - Game of the Week - staying on Carney's good side...

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Colgate 45, Princeton 7... I will be sitting on the Princeton sideline, or maybe the endzone because I loathe both teams. Tigers always seem to make this game competitive but they look bad (saw them at Lehigh).

Holy Cross 35, Brown 28... defense wins championships.

Penn 33, Bucknell 10

Fordham 48, Bryant 24

Lehigh 27, Gtown 7... LFN, I can't fathom that you think Gtown has any shot winning this game, your troubles aside. The real question is if you can prevent their first offensive TD of the year.

Lafayette 17, Columbia 14... this is the perfect time for the Lions to beat us, as we start to get that warm n fuzzy feeling about the Pards. And they play us tough.. only 13 points before we lit up Liberty. Lions will be very motivated.

CrusaderBob
October 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thursday, Oct 8

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

carney,

If HC were a one trick pony, we'd go by another name - Fordham. xsmiley_wix

Randolph is a huge part of equation, no doubt, but there's more to this team than you give it credit for.

You are correct though that there is more to this PL season than October 24 at Fitton Field. November 7 in Easton and November 14 at Fitton loom large as well.

carney2
October 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
carney,

If HC were a one trick pony, we'd go by another name - Fordham. xsmiley_wix

VERY mean spirited.xeyebrowx

RichH2
October 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Ah but true xnodx and surely better than not having a pony at all, like LUxnonono2x

CrusaderBob
October 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
VERY mean spirited.xeyebrowx

Possibly, but am I wrong?

Has Fordham's pony (QB) gotten worse since they won the PL or has the team lost a couple of their tricks?

I'm guessing the latter and that is the evidence that HC has more than one trick on the field.

That's all I'm saying.

Pard94
October 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Possibly, but am I wrong?

Has Fordham's pony (QB) gotten worse since they won the PL or has the team lost a couple of their tricks?

I'm guessing the latter and that is the evidence that HC has more than one trick on the field.

That's all I'm saying.

I would suggest that all of HC's other "tricks" are equal to or less than those found on the other frontrunners in the PL. Without the main "trick in question" you guys may or may not be duking it out with the rest of us for the PL title. The fact of the matter is...your QB is a stud of magnanomous proportions. Certainly among the best (if not the best) QB to play in the Patriot League ever. If you guys win the league (and more) you will all remeber this team as the Randolph years. If you don't the story will be about what some other team did to contain Randolph (incidentally, I can't think of a more crushing scenario for HC fans...this is HC's championship to lose).

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
A perfect 6-0 on Saturday puts me at 18-9 for the season

Colgate at Princeton Colgate I know the history with the Tigers, and I've seen how they can really spoil one's day. But with Culbreath hurt, and them not even doing much when he was in the lineup, Colgate should be the favorite. I like the way the offense is moving the ball in so many ways, and the defense is back to its usual self. Nice chance for the 'Gate to make a real statement in the national spotlight

Georgetown at Lehigh Lehigh No need to rub it in for either team, the records speak for themselves. Lehigh's at home, and I think there's enough talent there on offense to win

Bucknell at Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Quakers look pretty tough, Bison look, well, less so. Bucknell continues to struggle on offense, and I hardly think a trip to Franklin Field is the cure for those ills. Penn goes to 1-1 against the Patriot League this year

Holy Cross at Brown Holy Cross This is the Crusaders likely stumbling block before the big matchup with Colgate. Road games are always tough, and Brown is a more than formidible foe. Still, I like Randolph and company to keep the party going, earning a tough but solid victory in Providence

Bryant at Fordham Fordham Sometimes it takes that first win to get you back into the spirit of things. Bryant is still transitioning, but that doesn't mean they'll lack for talent. Still, I'll take the Bronx Boys to continue righting their ship a bit by beating an inferior team

Columbia at Lafayette Lafayette Do not kid yourself into thinking this is just a 2-team race for the title. The Leopards, much to my preseason surprise, are quite formidible, and will dispatch of the Ivy foe they always perform well against. How they do against certain other "curses" remains to be seen, but this is shaping up to be a strong year for the Pards, and being a better Columbia doesn't yet impress me

CrusaderBob
October 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I would suggest that all of HC's other "tricks" are equal to or less than those found on the other frontrunners in the PL. Without the main "trick in question" you guys may or may not be duking it out with the rest of us for the PL title. The fact of the matter is...your QB is a stud of magnanomous proportions. Certainly among the best (if not the best) QB to play in the Patriot League ever. If you guys win the league (and more) you will all remeber this team as the Randolph years. If you don't the story will be about what some other team did to contain Randolph (incidentally, I can't think of a more crushing scenario for HC fans...this is HC's championship to lose).

You're making my point.

(For those of you in New England, the above should be read in your best Glen Ordway voice.)

Sure Randolph is by far HC's best trick, but he is not alone on this team. We're not the same team without him, but we're not the bottom of the PL either. Take away Colgate's best trick or Lafayette's best trick and you get basically the same thing, but no one calls them one trick ponies. It's just that our best trick is easier to identify because it centers on the QB.

breezy
October 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
A couple of points --

1. Valley Raider is absolutely right that Lafayette has shown that the PL cannot be considered simply a two-team battle for the championship. Lafayette certainly has the potential to beat either or both Colgate and HC.

2. Dominic Randolph is certainly one of those once-in-a-generation players, perhaps the one thing that will separate HC from Colgate and Lafayette this year if HC should go on to win the PL championship. But HC is no "one-trick pony." HC has an excellent offensive line, a whole stable of talented receivers (11 different receivers caught passes in the Northeastern game), and an improving defense. And, with all due respect to Carney's Patsy ratings, HC has had solid recruiting classes the last two years. Those who think that HC will fade back into the pack in 2010 are going to be very surprised.

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 08:53 AM
You're making my point.

(For those of you in New England, the above should be read in your best Glen Ordway voice.)

Sure Randolph is by far HC's best trick, but he is not alone on this team. We're not the same team without him, but we're not the bottom of the PL either. Take away Colgate's best trick or Lafayette's best trick and you get basically the same thing, but no one calls them one trick ponies. It's just that our best trick is easier to identify because it centers on the QB.

Yeah I don't think many would disagree with that. I don't think HC would be the favorite to win without Randolph but they certainly would be in the discusssion. I think the "one trick" discussion comes in because your QB drastically changes the conversation. I also think a lot of your other talent has been, if not created then certainly significantly enhanced, by the talents of Randolph. I blocked for Erick Marsh at Lafayette...one of the PL's all time great Tailbacks. There is no doubt he made all off us linemen look much better than we were. Don't get me wrong...enjoy every second of DR. Don't apologize, justify or otherwise qualify your team. It's Dom's team. Fans who say, "yeah well if you didn't have Randolph you guys would suck". Ummm...ok. To a fellow New Englander I will quote Jimy Williams, "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his booty" (that quote alone made that guy eligible for firing). You guys recruited him. Your coaching staff developed him. We're all just jealous...and scared.

Franks Tanks
October 6th, 2009, 08:56 AM
A couple of points --

1. Valley Raider is absolutely right that Lafayette has shown that the PL cannot be considered simply a two-team battle for the championship. Lafayette certainly has the potential to beat either or both Colgate and HC.

2. Dominic Randolph is certainly one of those once-in-a-generation players, perhaps the one thing that will separate HC from Colgate and Lafayette this year if HC should go on to win the PL championship. But HC is no "one-trick pony." HC has an excellent offensive line, a whole stable of talented receivers (11 different receivers caught passes in the Northeastern game), and an improving defense. And, with all due respect to Carney's Patsy ratings, HC has had solid recruiting classes the last two years. Those who think that HC will fade back into the pack in 2010 are going to be very surprised.

I agree Breezy. Ive said from the beginning that Colgate and Holy Cross would be there, and Lafayette has a chance to be in the mix. Actually all 3 teams have fared better than I expected so far this year, and all 3 have the ability to win the league.

Many times the team with the true superstar is able to seperate themselves from that pack, and I believe Randolph can do this for Holy Cross. I believe he makes the crucial big plays when needed and lifts the Cross to close wins over Gate and Lafayette. I am certainly rooting for the Leopards to pull the upset, but I think the Randolph factor will make the difference.

HoyaMetanoia
October 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Lehigh 27, Gtown 7... LFN, I can't fathom that you think Gtown has any shot winning this game, your troubles aside. The real question is if you can prevent their first offensive TD of the year.

We've had two, thank you very much.

FUrams7
October 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
sure its a longshot but hope Fordham has something to say about the PL title.. we lost @ Colgate away.. but after seeing them in person rolling up 687 yards on offense this past wknd.. they may get hot and make a late run. we'll see..

RattlerFan70
October 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
COLGATE @ Princeton
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ Penn
HOLY CROSS @ Brown
Bryant @ FORDHAM
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE

Go...gate
October 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
sure its a longshot but hope Fordham has something to say about the PL title.. we lost @ Colgate away.. but after seeing them in person rolling up 687 yards on offense this past wknd.. they may get hot and make a late run. we'll see..

Too much talent not to win their share of games and Masella is a fine coach. I think it is easy to get ahead of things the first week in October. A lot of football left.

carney2
October 6th, 2009, 04:13 PM
HC has more than one trick on the field.

The Croiss faithful seem determined that there is more there than meets the eye. There isn't - and they should be thankful for the pony they have.

colorless raider
October 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Too much talent not to win their share of games and Masella is a fine coach. I think it is easy to get ahead of things the first week in October. A lot of football left.

Just wondering why you think Masella is a "fine" coach? He has fine material due to the AI, and has lost many good assistants.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Just wondering why you think Masella is a "fine" coach? He has fine material due to the AI, and has lost many good assistants.

Many assistants come and go in NCAA programs around the country. I don't think that is any measure. Masella came into a difficult situation and has done a good job. He took Fordham to the playoffs and beat us two years ago.

I have also met him and know him a little bit from when he has recruited in Central Jersey. He came to the Hun School to recruit and made a very fine impression. He seems like the kind of guy you would want a kid to play for. Is he Fred Dunlap or Dick Biddle? No. But he's not Ed Sweeney or Mark Whipple, either. He could run rings around Roger Hughes, the Princeton Head Coach.

carney2
October 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
The official lines for FCS games are out really early this week. Must be the "pressure" of a Thursday game:

COLGATE by 17 over Princeton

LEHIGH by 17 over GEORGETOWN

Penn by 20 over BUCKNELL

HOLY CROSS by 4 1/2 over Brown

FORDHAM by 4 over Bryant

LAFAYETTE by 10 over Columbia

I would expect changes in some these as we move closer to kickoff.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
The official lines for FCS games are out really early this week. Must be the "pressure" of a Thursday game:

COLGATE by 17 over Princeton

LEHIGH by 17 over GEORGETOWN

Penn by 20 over BUCKNELL

HOLY CROSS by 4 1/2 over Brown

FORDHAM by 4 over Bryant

LAFAYETTE by 10 over Columbia

I would expect changes in some these as we move closer to kickoff.

That Lehigh line does seem a bit high, no? xeyebrowx

carney2
October 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Just wondering why you think Masella is a "fine" coach?

There ya go. What, are we so politically correct here that we don't want to offend? Don't tell it as it is; someone may object - or, as in A Few Good Men, object strenuously. The ol' Curmudgeon will say it if no one else will: Masella took a Patriot League championship team with its heart and soul still intact - particularly 6'5", 247 "pro prospect" QB, John Skelton - and turned them in to a 5-6 rag tag bunch that couldn't get out of their own way; and now a 1-3 (vs. cream puffs!) group that shows signs of being even worse. This is good coaching? KenZ could have done as well.

carney2
October 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
That Lehigh line does seem a bit high, no? xeyebrowx

I was thinking more of the Holy Cross line which just seemed to expand by the hour last week. A field goal and change against Brown just doesn't seem like enough.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2009, 11:58 PM
There ya go. What, are we so politically correct here that we don't want to offend? Don't tell it as it is; someone may object - or, as in A Few Good Men, object strenuously. The ol' Curmudgeon will say it if no one else will: Masella took a Patriot League championship team with its heart and soul still intact - particularly 6'5", 247 "pro prospect" QB, John Skelton - and turned them in to a 5-6 rag tag bunch that couldn't get out of their own way; and now a 1-3 (vs. cream puffs!) group that shows signs of being even worse. This is good coaching? KenZ could have done as well.

I gotta respectfully disagree with you on this, ol' Curmudgeon. I think Fordham will still be heard from.

TheValleyRaider
October 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I was thinking more of the Holy Cross line which just seemed to expand by the hour last week. A field goal and change against Brown just doesn't seem like enough.

That one too, although with the game being at Brown, I can see a close game as possible

The Lehigh spread was on the one that caught my eye. 17 points for a team that's struggling on offense like the Hawks? It's not as if Georgetown can't play a little D...

Engineer91
October 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
That one too, although with the game being at Brown, I can see a close game as possible

The Lehigh spread was on the one that caught my eye. 17 points for a team that's struggling on offense like the Hawks? It's not as if Georgetown can't play a little D...

But Georgetown's scoring O is ranked 117 out of 118 Somehow Lehigh 10 Georgetown -7 is a real possibility. xlolxxbawlingx

colorless raider
October 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Many assistants come and go in NCAA programs around the country. I don't think that is any measure. Masella came into a difficult situation and has done a good job. He took Fordham to the playoffs and beat us two years ago.

I have also met him and know him a little bit from when he has recruited in Central Jersey. He came to the Hun School to recruit and made a very fine impression. He seems like the kind of guy you would want a kid to play for. Is he Fred Dunlap or Dick Biddle? No. But he's not Ed Sweeney or Mark Whipple, either. He could run rings around Roger Hughes, the Princeton Head Coach.

I am betting less thanb .500 season. Are we on?xsmiley_wix

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
But Georgetown's scoring O is ranked 117 out of 118

It is 117th only because Indiana State (also with 37 points) has played one more game and its average is slightly lower.

Georgetown's scoring this season has come from just two offensive TD's (both passing), one defensive INT, and five FG's. Bottom line, you don't win games averaging seven points a game at any level, and Georgetown continues to lack the talent and/or play calling to elevate this number.

The defense is a much better 48th but if the scoring is anything like the three previous Georgetown games at Goodman, then it's a real problem. In three games at South Mountain, the Hoyas have been outscored 160-14.

carney2
October 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I gotta respectfully disagree with you on this, ol' Curmudgeon. I think Fordham will still be heard from.

The future is full of hope and what you say may come to pass, BUT we are 1/3 of the way thru this season and they haven't shown much to here. My point was not, and is not, whether the Rams will burst someone's bubble along the way. It is about Masella and particularly the "I don't want to offend anyone" comments about what a good coach he is. The truth (again): he has led a championship team with its core intact on a 15 game (and counting) march of ineptitude. If he prods them into a superior performance or two somewhere between here and November 21st, good for him, but that lone championship year aside, his resume stinks.

RichH2
October 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Doubt Masella forgot how to coach but as we've seen turnover in assistants can lead to disaster. Know nothing about FU staff but ,as with LU , only difference is their D our O, position coaches and DC have not been able to coordinate that D. Watched 1 half of FU. D very active but they were flying all over the field seemingly w/o any purpose and surely w/o any effect

CrusaderBob
October 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Or to put it another way ...

Fordham has become a one trick pony and a one trick pony is beatable, unlike other perceived one trick ponies in the league! xwhistlex

RichH2
October 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
C'mon Bob your pony better than FU's plus you have a D,FU doesn't

carney2
October 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Or to put it another way ...

Fordham has become a one trick pony and a one trick pony is beatable, unlike other perceived one trick ponies in the league! xwhistlex

There are ponies,

and

there are ponies.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I am betting less than a .500 season. Are we on?xsmiley_wix

No bet, as they are already most of the way there. But I think they will play better as the season continues.

CrusaderBob
October 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
C'mon Bob your pony better than FU's plus you have a D,FU doesn't

I know. That's my point in this whole thread. For the 4th consecutive year Carney is calling HC a one trick pony. My point is that HC is a several pony trick and one of them is an outstanding trick pony.

By comparison, Forham - with a very good QB in a similar class as Randolph - has not had the same success over last season+ because they do not have the other trick ponies to compliment that one outstanding pony.

Ipso Facto

Fordham = one trick pony.
Holy Cross = more than a one trick pony.

carney2
October 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
For the 4th consecutive year Carney is calling HC a one trick pony.

Actually, it's only been 3.

and

The term "one trick pony" was only introduced this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Certainly Fordham's regression has been mystifying. If I'm a Fordham fan I'd be extremely worried about the amount of penalties and turnovers. Two years ago, LB James Crockett looked like the linchpin of a defense that would just continue to improve and dominate the PL - how times have changed. While John Skelton (and, shhh, his brother TE Stephen Skelton) have continued to get better, it seems like almost everyone else has regressed.

Masella, however, coaches in a town where Fordham football is fifth banana at best, somewhere between New York Red Bulls soccer and New York Islanders hockey. He'll get plenty of time to turn around the ship, and scholarships (and games vs. FBS opponents) will undoubtedly help. In the PL, the only place where there's immense pressure to win is Bethlehem and Easton.

CrusaderBob
October 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Actually, it's only been 3.

and

The term "one trick pony" was only introduced this year.

I beg to differ.

HC officially became a one trick pony to you in late October 2006 when, the Crusaders marched into Easton and Dom threw for 4 TD's and ran for a 5th and HC handed the Leopards their lone PL defeat of the season 38 - 28, spoiling homecoming.

I remember you used the term in your post game analysis - praising Dom, yet still incredulous that a Lafayette team could have lost to a one trick pony like that Holy Cross team. xlolx

In the words of the Old Professor - you can look it up! xnodx

carney2
October 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
In the PL, the only place where there's immense pressure to win is Bethlehem and Easton.

Interesting point. Where are the "pressure to win" spots in the Patriot League - football only? On a scale of 0 to 100, where Alabama, Notre Dame and Tennessee are in the 95+ range, I'm guessing:

Bucknell - 10
Colgate - 25
Fordham - 15
Georgetown - 5
Holy Cross - 15
Lafayette - 20
Lehigh - 25

I have no basis for this other than a straight WAG.

Opinions?

RichH2
October 7th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty close to what I would think altho I would raiseLC,LU and Gate on your Noter Dame scale into the 30s somewhere. HC may be a bit higher, if Gilmore and Dom can bring them home this year

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 7th, 2009, 09:40 PM
COLGATE 44 @ Princeton 24 xthumbsupx 'Gate rolls on, ...
GEORGETOWN 0 @ LEHIGH 7 xconfusedx Alfie, what's it all about? .... does anyone really care (any more)?
BUCKNELL 0 @ Penn 21 xnodx Bags D gets a goose egg
HOLY CROSS 35 @ Brown 21 xsmiley_wix Randolph strengthens case for Payton with 5 TD day
Bryant 20 @ FORDHAM 21 xnonono2x Upset alert, .... almost.
Columbia 7 @ LAFAYETTE 35 xsmhx 'pards make mincemeat of the Lions

Go...gate
October 7th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Colgate 34, Princeton 20

Lehigh 21, Georgetown 7

Pennsylvania 27, Bucknell 6

Fordham 30, Bryant 26

Holy Cross 40, Brown 24

Lafayette 20, Columbia 16

Fordham
October 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM
The future is full of hope and what you say may come to pass, BUT we are 1/3 of the way thru this season and they haven't shown much to here. My point was not, and is not, whether the Rams will burst someone's bubble along the way. It is about Masella and particularly the "I don't want to offend anyone" comments about what a good coach he is. The truth (again): he has led a championship team with its core intact on a 15 game (and counting) march of ineptitude. If he prods them into a superior performance or two somewhere between here and November 21st, good for him, but that lone championship year aside, his resume stinks.

I understand the critique but it's far too harsh a final statement in most Fordham fans' minds ... not to mention that the line "but that lone championship year aside" about a coach who has not yet been here for 5 years is akin to the old "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" thing.

The last few seasons have been troubling, no doubt. I think LFN nailed it in particular with the comment on penalties and turnovers ... if you add in the regression of the D, I think you really have to focus on coaching issues being at the core of our problems.

That said, any guy who brings us a championship after so many years of near-complete futility is going to get a very long leash at Fordham. Couple it with the fact that he has brought in an incredible group of kids who, for the most part, are very highly thought of on campus. They do a ton of volunteering and have the highest GPA's of any Fordham football teams since they've been keeping records for it. You can't downplay how far those thing go at a school that is still very much run by the Jesuits. Add to it that he's a very good guy overall and he also was very much the key motivator in convincing the administration to take the colossal step of adding scholarships, and his seat is only now getting warm and cozy versus uncomfortably hot.

Back to your point, though. Not much of the above has to do with performance on the field this year, so I agree that this year is leaving a mark. I keep having a comment from LFN that was made either last year or heading into this year in my head and it had to do with him being a 'tinkerer'. We have a number of guys who could/should have been three year or more starters, but they've been moved around or put back on the bench, etc. Speaking particularly about Isiejah Allen, a great athlete who was phenomenal late in his frosh and throughout his soph campaign. Then, last year he was moved to WR for the beginning of the year, a position we are and were very deep at. Anyone who was at the Lehigh game last year, knows that it was our secondary that needed the help. This year there was an attempt to move Crockett to S, a move that only went by the wayside when he was injured for most of camp.

Again, Fordham fans love the guy ... but are still disappointed in this season ... but are still hopeful for this season. Make any sense?

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
They do a ton of volunteering and have the highest GPA's of any Fordham football teams since they've been keeping records for it. You can't downplay how far those thing go at a school that is still very much run by the Jesuits.

As opposed to a school not very much run by Jesuits? xrolleyesx

carney2
October 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I understand the critique but it's far too harsh a final statement in most Fordham fans' minds ... not to mention that the line "but that lone championship year aside" about a coach who has not yet been here for 5 years is akin to the old "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" thing.

The last few seasons have been troubling, no doubt. I think LFN nailed it in particular with the comment on penalties and turnovers ... if you add in the regression of the D, I think you really have to focus on coaching issues being at the core of our problems.

That said, any guy who brings us a championship after so many years of near-complete futility is going to get a very long leash at Fordham. Couple it with the fact that he has brought in an incredible group of kids who, for the most part, are very highly thought of on campus. They do a ton of volunteering and have the highest GPA's of any Fordham football teams since they've been keeping records for it. You can't downplay how far those thing go at a school that is still very much run by the Jesuits. Add to it that he's a very good guy overall and he also was very much the key motivator in convincing the administration to take the colossal step of adding scholarships, and his seat is only now getting warm and cozy versus uncomfortably hot.

Back to your point, though. Not much of the above has to do with performance on the field this year, so I agree that this year is leaving a mark. I keep having a comment from LFN that was made either last year or heading into this year in my head and it had to do with him being a 'tinkerer'. We have a number of guys who could/should have been three year or more starters, but they've been moved around or put back on the bench, etc. Speaking particularly about Isiejah Allen, a great athlete who was phenomenal late in his frosh and throughout his soph campaign. Then, last year he was moved to WR for the beginning of the year, a position we are and were very deep at. Anyone who was at the Lehigh game last year, knows that it was our secondary that needed the help. This year there was an attempt to move Crockett to S, a move that only went by the wayside when he was injured for most of camp.

Again, Fordham fans love the guy ... but are still disappointed in this season ... but are still hopeful for this season. Make any sense?

You da Man, and the one I was hoping to flush from the bushes with these comments. Frankly, I am totally perplexed by the Rams' performance - last year and this. I'll never totally understand it, but needed some perspective. Thanks.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Not much of the above has to do with performance on the field this year, so I agree that this year is leaving a mark. I keep having a comment from LFN that was made either last year or heading into this year in my head and it had to do with him being a 'tinkerer'. We have a number of guys who could/should have been three year or more starters, but they've been moved around or put back on the bench, etc. Speaking particularly about Isiejah Allen, a great athlete who was phenomenal late in his frosh and throughout his soph campaign. Then, last year he was moved to WR for the beginning of the year, a position we are and were very deep at. Anyone who was at the Lehigh game last year, knows that it was our secondary that needed the help. This year there was an attempt to move Crockett to S, a move that only went by the wayside when he was injured for most of camp.

It does. Looking at the talent on the field, this looks like a team that ought to be competing for a PL championship this year. With talent, there is always some hope - if anything, that's what I've learned this year about Lehigh. :o

HoyaMetanoia
October 8th, 2009, 10:09 AM
You might want to change your predictions, Lehigh Fans:

Georgetown's starting kicker is injured and Tucker Stafford, a 6'5", 3rd string QB, may have to step in and kick this weekend.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
^^^ at least he has an Ivy like name

RichH2
October 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Doncha love that moniker, expect 20 years from now to see him as Secretaryof State. DFW not to worry we are still missing a rb, de, 2 lbs for this game. May get some play from Walker.

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
You might want to change your predictions, Lehigh Fans:

Georgetown's starting kicker is injured and Tucker Stafford, a 6'5", 3rd string QB, may have to step in and kick this weekend.

So, let's see it was

Casey Dobyns - did not return
Kilgo Livingston - did not return
Rafael Notario - training camp only
Brian Josephs - injured
Tucker Stafford

Who is the next backup, George Cullen?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Does coach Kelly have eligibility left, or is he exempt since he's being paid by the University?

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Can that Hoya thing line it up? xlolx

CrusaderBob
October 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
5 -1 Last Week
19 - 8 on the Year

Not a lot of dissention on any games this week. Love to go against the flow in one of these games, but I can't.

Colgate
Lehigh
Penn
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lafayette

Go...gate
October 8th, 2009, 01:30 PM
As opposed to a school not very much run by Jesuits? xrolleyesx

Fordham's Jesuits know how to use their checkbook when it comes to football.

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Fordham's Jesuits know how to use their checkbook when it comes to football.

OTOH, Georgetown is not run by Jesuits any more.

LBPop
October 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Doncha love that moniker, expect 20 years from now to see him as Secretaryof State.

The only thing missing is a roman numeral after his name. Then it would be perfect. xnodx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM
4-2 last week, 18-8 overall, rough start to the year

Colgate 31 Princeton 13: Colgate is rolling right now. Princeton has shown to be one of the worst Ivies thus far.

Lehigh 20 Georgetown 6: This one might set football back 100 years. This is a battle of two horrible offenses and two good defenses. I just think Lehigh is a little bit better on both sides of the ball.

Penn 28 Bucknell 7: The Quakers are much better than their record indicates. The Bison on the other hand are not a very good 3-2 squad.

Holy Cross 35 Brown 21: This has the potential to be a trouble spot for the HC. However, i don't think the the top of the IL is very strong this year. PL ownership in this one.

Fordham 38 Bryant 13: I don't know anything about Bryant. With that said i'll go with the team i feel is more talented on paper.

Lafayette 27 Columbia 21: I just can't see the 'Pards losing to Columbia. The Lions are are obviously pretty good but i believe Lafayette is just good enough to hold them off in the end.

carney2
October 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
As predicted, there have been some changes in the line. Here is my final peek for this week:

COLGATE by 20 1/2 over Princeton (was 17)

LEHIGH by 17 over GEORGETOWN (unchanged)

Penn by 19 1/2 over BUCKNELL (was 20)

HOLY CROSS by 6 1/2 over Brown (was 4 1/2)

Bryant by 1 1/2 over FORDHAM (was FORDHAM by 4 over Bryant)

LAFAYETTE by 9 1/2 over Columbia (was 10)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Here are my (very late) picks this week. The sources are:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/10/game-preview-georgetown-at-lehigh.html

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/09/the-csn-way-numbers?blog=5

Last week I was 5-1, putting me at 20-7 on the year so far. Do I have to pick the Fordham/Bryant Game? Do I really?

Thursday Game (printed originally on the AGS thread:

No. 23 Colgate at Princeton. This Thursday night tilt on ESPNU probably looked great last year, when Princeton and Colgate had just played their second straight nail-biter only determined by a last-second field goal. This one, with healthy running back Nate Eachus returning at full strength for the Raiders, doesn’t promise to be the same this year.

Eachy Raiders 42, Tippy Tigers 0

Saturday's Games:

Georgetown at Lehigh. As Lehigh fans, we tend to forget that we played some pretty good football teams in the first few weeks. Central Connecticut State is 3-1; Villanova might win a national championship; and Harvard looks to be a contender yet again for the Ivy League championship. Even Princeton, who looked like the weakest of the four, always plays a clean game and never seems to be an easy out.

Can Lehigh's offense get back on track this weekend? I think they will.

Lehigh 31, Georgetown 9

No. 19 Holy Cross at Brown. Add a Payton Award candidate - Holy Cross quarterback Dominic Randolph - and the 108th-ranked pass efficiency defense of the Brown Bears. What you get is a blowout.

Purple Crusade 49, Brown Dirt 24

BONUS PICKS:

Columbia at Lafayette. I have this crazy feeling that the 'Pards are going to go into this one just a shade overconfident after their historic win at the Yale Bowl - and flat. And I'm going with it. A surprising Columbia team is going to pull out the upset at Fisher Field.

Lazy Lions No More 26, Lunched Leopards 16

Bucknell at Penn. The questions involves the Quakers, who could very well be lining up the waterboy at QB this weekend - however, the waterboy was fine in a victory against Dartmouth last weekend, 30-24. Bucknell is better, but do they have enough to win the game? Again, I just think that the Bison "just win, baby" and somehow get that extra safety, or that interception return for touchdown, and win this game.

Baffling Bison 19, "Get Quinine for the Quakers!" 6

Bryant at Fordham. Can Fordham play a game where they don't turn over the ball at least three times? Will Bryant RB Jerrell Davis rush for 200 yards? These are but two of the many questions I have this weekend. This game is a true baffler. How good in Bryant, really? How good is Fordham, really if they don't kill themselves? I can't see Fordham solving their many problems this week, so I have to go with the Bulldogs.

Baffling Bryant 29, Rambling Rams 24

Pard94
October 10th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Here are my (very late) picks this week. The sources are:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/10/game-preview-georgetown-at-lehigh.html

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/09/the-csn-way-numbers?blog=5

Last week I was 5-1, putting me at 20-7 on the year so far. Do I have to pick the Fordham/Bryant Game? Do I really?

Thursday Game (printed originally on the AGS thread:

No. 23 Colgate at Princeton. This Thursday night tilt on ESPNU probably looked great last year, when Princeton and Colgate had just played their second straight nail-biter only determined by a last-second field goal. This one, with healthy running back Nate Eachus returning at full strength for the Raiders, doesn’t promise to be the same this year.

Eachy Raiders 42, Tippy Tigers 0

Saturday's Games:

Georgetown at Lehigh. As Lehigh fans, we tend to forget that we played some pretty good football teams in the first few weeks. Central Connecticut State is 3-1; Villanova might win a national championship; and Harvard looks to be a contender yet again for the Ivy League championship. Even Princeton, who looked like the weakest of the four, always plays a clean game and never seems to be an easy out.

Can Lehigh's offense get back on track this weekend? I think they will.

Lehigh 31, Georgetown 9

No. 19 Holy Cross at Brown. Add a Payton Award candidate - Holy Cross quarterback Dominic Randolph - and the 108th-ranked pass efficiency defense of the Brown Bears. What you get is a blowout.

Purple Crusade 49, Brown Dirt 24

BONUS PICKS:

Columbia at Lafayette. I have this crazy feeling that the 'Pards are going to go into this one just a shade overconfident after their historic win at the Yale Bowl - and flat. And I'm going with it. A surprising Columbia team is going to pull out the upset at Fisher Field.

Lazy Lions No More 26, Lunched Leopards 16

Bucknell at Penn. The questions involves the Quakers, who could very well be lining up the waterboy at QB this weekend - however, the waterboy was fine in a victory against Dartmouth last weekend, 30-24. Bucknell is better, but do they have enough to win the game? Again, I just think that the Bison "just win, baby" and somehow get that extra safety, or that interception return for touchdown, and win this game.

Baffling Bison 19, "Get Quinine for the Quakers!" 6

Bryant at Fordham. Can Fordham play a game where they don't turn over the ball at least three times? Will Bryant RB Jerrell Davis rush for 200 yards? These are but two of the many questions I have this weekend. This game is a true baffler. How good in Bryant, really? How good is Fordham, really if they don't kill themselves? I can't see Fordham solving their many problems this week, so I have to go with the Bulldogs.

Baffling Bryant 29, Rambling Rams 24

Wow...what a surprise. LFN picks a Lehigh team who currently can't find its a** with both hands to blow out their opponent using the solid rationale that "the teams we lost to aren't THAT bad...so we're not that bad. Simultaneoulsly he picks the Leopards to lose by two scores based on the premise that all that winning is going to work against Lafayette. Alert the media. Wait, LFN is the "meida". xrolleyesx

RichH2
October 10th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Trust 94 to bash anything Lehigh. [U]sing your own logic why not just switch the school names around as you want. Both assessments are valid at times for all teams. Are they correct for this week? Who knows but that is LFN's opinion.

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM
So does #19 Holy Cross stay ranked after a loss to Brown (was 1-2 heading into the game)? ;)

TheValleyRaider
October 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM
So does #19 Holy Cross stay ranked after a loss to Brown (was 1-2 heading into the game)? ;)

Given how some of you are willing to drop a Colgate team that actually won, I can't imagine what's planned for HC xcoolx xwhistlex

RichH2
October 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Its just not fair, Lehigh won and I bet our votes will go down.

TheValleyRaider
October 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Fordham
October 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM

outstanding.xthumbsupx

Go...gate
October 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Given how some of you are willing to drop a Colgate team that actually won, I can't imagine what's planned for HC xcoolx xwhistlex

xlolx:Dxlolx