October 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
overtime.

KiddBrewer
SHEEEEWWW, WIN NOW!

Skjellyfetti
Brian Quick needs to block this.

I don't know if he got it... but, someone did!!

ElSissy
Low snap and blocked. OT.

ddmann
OT! OT! OT! OT!

RabidRabbit
Blocked!

OT here we go!

DX Man
ASU blocks the kick!

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Brian Quick needs to block this.

HE HEARD YOU:D

B&G
October 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
App wins the toss. That's a plus.

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
LOVE TO WIN THE TOSS. LETS STOP THEM

CrackerRiley
This is going to be scary..... App HAS to put the ball in the endzone... no FGs

appirishmen
come on app!!!! turnover/ hold to a fg and score a td to win!!!!!!!this is for the playoffs!!!!

ddmann
So, everybody from their fridge yet? (I know FB makes y'all thirsty)

KiddBrewer
come on app!!!! turnover/ hold to a fg and score a td to win!!!!!!!this is for the playoffs!!!!

THIS IS HUGE!

Woof
Who gets the ball first ?

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
I JUST WANT TO BREATHE, I HAVENT IN 43 MINUTES!

ddmann
October 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Love that stadium music right now

T-Dog
October 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
El Cit ball first.

CrackerRiley
Does OT wake our defense up??

Skjellyfetti
When was the last time App was in an overtime game?

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have faith that Armanti can get us a TD... our defense needs to STEP UP

BullDog85
No matter how it goes down, The Citadel has made a statement. No#1 preseason and currently 10th ranked team is being held in check by a none-ranked team that no one saw had a chance in this game.

KiddBrewer

BEAT GSU COUPLE YEARS AGO IN STATESBORO

FCS_pwns_FBS

GSU, 2006

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
LETS GO!

Skjellyfetti
Looked like another big time takedown by their tackle on our DE

Skjellyfetti
BEAT GSU COUPLE YEARS AGO IN STATESBORO

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Turned out well. :D

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Nice job defense!! Block it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmeryZach
Field Goal time. Can they block it again?

KiddBrewer
BLOCK THAT KICK!

CrackerRiley
Thank you D!!!

AlphaSigMD
wow

EmeryZach
Missed it!

KiddBrewer
IM CHUGGIN BEER TOO FAST!

B&G
Missed FG! Huge!

T-Dog
El Cit kick NO GOOD! Wide left.

CrackerRiley
no good!!!

KiddBrewer
NOOOOO GGGGOOODDDDDDD GO O

Skjellyfetti
MISSED IT!!! VITARIS JUJU PASSED ON TO CITADEL KICKER

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Game over. App won't mess this one up now.

KiddBrewer
IS THE VIRUS GOING TO GET A CHANCE TO WIN THIS THING?

T-Dog
App 10 yard gain. Down to the 15.

CrackerRiley
xsmileyclapx Lets go O!

AppStateold299
October 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Please don't mess this gift up! We have a free pass now

KiddBrewer
COME ON NOW! TO THE 10

Skjellyfetti
We need to try to get the first down... do not try to set up field goal..........

CrackerRiley
Come on. Get the 1st down! punch it in!

theasushow
October 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
please dont pull a wake forest!

EmeryZach
field goal time

CrackerRiley
alright Vitaris.........................................

Skjellyfetti
Damnit!! Too conservative......

COME ON VITARIS... I HAVE FAITH

elcid03
block the FG!!!!!

KiddBrewer
GIVE IT TO "THE VIRUS" I GOT FAITH!

B&G
My tummy hurts.

AlphaSigMD
October 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Of course it comes down to FG in this game...

KiddBrewer
I THINK I NEED TO MAKE A SHIRT THAT SAYS "I GOT FAITH!" ON THE FRONT AND VITARIS ON THE BACK?

ElSissy
High snap, low snap, low kick, wide left, wide right. I'll take any of them..

CrackerRiley
End this. My heart can't take it. I'm only 23 I can't die yet.

Boone4280
Thank God

AlphaSigMD
Thank God!

elcid03
October 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
good game bulldogs!

CrackerRiley
THANK YOU!!!

Great game citadel!!!

KiddBrewer
WIN! WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

ahhhhhhh i can take my caps off and breathe!

AppStateold299
Thank God! This was way too tight. I did not like this AT ALL! Good game Citadel

rOryOs-ASU
We are still aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

B&G
Good game Bulldogs.

Skjellyfetti
Thank God.

That would have been a soul crushing loss.

GREAT game, Citadel. xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Best luck the rest of the year.

DX Man
October 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Apps Win! Very grateful to come out of there with the W. The Citadel played one hell of a game.

AlphaSigMD
Wow, Once again, this is ridiculous. Still not playing like a top flight team. I don't know what's going on with our defense. I thought this was supposed to be our best defense in years.

KiddBrewer
gotta turn the caps back on....

GREAT GAME EL CID!

and yes, i was going to say that even if we lost, your guys stepped up HARD and played awesome! just an awesome ball game

AppStateold299
That was a nail biter. A lot of credit to the Citadel for playing a hell of a game!

RabidRabbit
El Cid! xbawlingxxbawlingx

Ya let these ASU blackball ya.

ASU: kind of win that champs pull.

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Dropping big time in my poll. Your defense just can't do anything this year.

KiddBrewer
Wow, Once again, this is ridiculous. Still not playing like a top flight team. I don't know what's going on with our defense. I thought this was supposed to be our best defense in years.

hahaha so did I?xnonoxxnonono2xxeekxxmadx:oxsmhxxbawlingx
xcoffeex

GaSouthern
App should not be ranked.

Skjellyfetti

Citadel and McNeese both have very, very good offenses. We made a lot of bad plays... but, we weren't playing chumps in either of those games.

We'll be ok.

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Dropping big time in my poll. Your defense just can't do anything this year.

shew, glad you dont get to vote them into the playoffs!xoopsx

na, just kidding, you got just cause

theasushow
a win is a win all ill take it, but we HAVE got to get it together before we plays the likes of furman and elon!!! teams are figuring out that these long 8-9 minute drives are the best way to keep this potent app offense off the field, and so far its working.

elcid03
This is a great confidence booster for The Citadel. Played hard against a great team and just fell short in the end. Go Dogs!

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
I've been saying all along that this year we have the team that we thought we were going to have last year. This one could have gone either way.

Great game.

Now shake it off and let's go shut Elon up next week.

FCS_pwns_FBS
26-21 GSU over Wofford
about 2 minutes left

GSU deciding whether to punt or go for it on 4th and 1...

KiddBrewer

judgin by your signature, you probably didnt care much for app before today, huh?xcoffeex

T-Dog
That game's subtitle should be "A Tale of Two Kickers"

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM

ASU is still ASU.

Perhaps The Citadel should be ranked.

KiddBrewer
This is a great confidence booster for The Citadel. Played hard against a great team and just fell short in the end. Go Dogs!

agreed, they are STRONG! and they will win some big games this year!

elcid03
I'll be happy if Wofford loses.

KiddBrewer
October 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
ASU is still ASU.

i think thats fair

jmufan999
October 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
ASU is still ASU.

because you beat Princeton and Presbyterian? hm.

by that logic, because of our close loss at Maryland, JMU should be ranked in the top 3.

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Great game today Bulldogs. xbowx

Woof
October 3rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
I'll be happy if Wofford loses.

Your happy then. If ya'll don't beat us this year, you should probably drop football. The only team we will beat the rest of the year is ourselves.

elcid03
October 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
jmufan...good vibes being thrown around here then you crash the party.

elcid03
October 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
I would be happy if Wofford lost. Shake things up. I just wished the bulldogs were able to pull out a win.

jmufan999
October 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
jmufan...good vibes being thrown around here then you crash the party.

not sure if you're kidding (i can see someone going "he was just kidding, jmufan", so this is me covering either scenario)...

wasn't trying to "crash any parties", but to say that Citadel (or is it The Citadel?) should be ranked because of wins against Presby and Princeton is absolutely and totally absurd... i can't let that fly. i'm sure you guys are disappointed, that's a tough team you played today. but i can't let absurd statements go without a comment.

AlphaSigMD
October 3rd, 2009, 03:24 PM

by that logic, because of our close loss at Maryland, JMU should be ranked in the top 3.

Whoa now, lets not get chippy. If you don't believe in preseason polls, you could certainly make the argument that the citadel has just as much a right to be ranked as ASU.

Both are 2-2, both lost to an FCS opponent and both lost to traditional FCS NC contender. I know that Cid's loss was to ASU, but still if you can ignore that confounder, the teams look similar.

Perhaps the Citadel is much better this year than they were last year - with the insertion of a few new key players, you never know.

I think the real question is "should ASU be ranked" - because at this point in time, they are looking like the classic example of preseason bias. They are 2-2 with 2 close losses against strong opponents and 2 seemingly non-impressive wins.

Only time will help delineate whether either of these teams is a contender, or deserving of being ranked.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
The Citadel should get serious consideration for a top-25 vote...but they will probably lose all of their votes.

ASU_Fanatic
October 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Did we really almost just lose to Citadel.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Did we really almost just lose to Citadel.

No offense, dOOd, but The Citadel has a fine ball team and as a +35-year Appalachian fan I'm offended by whatever you mean to imply by that statement.

ASU_Fanatic
October 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah Citadel may have a decent team, but who played good was Demery Brewer he should get on the field more, he is from my hometown though so of course I'm going to think that.

appstate38
October 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Hat tip to the Bulldogs for a great game. Apps do just enough to win in Hagood..... Something about that place puts us in a funk at times.

Appinator
October 3rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
I think the real question is "should ASU be ranked"

I think that's the #1 question.

We have not done anything right now to consistently prove we are one of the absolute best teams in the country this year.

It really boils down to my perception that this team is undisciplined. Not in a penalties or "thug" kind of way, but in their lack of concentration preparing for games where we should be up 30 instead of 3 in the final score. We came out and proved how good we could play in the first half of the Samford game, but then we got complacent and did nothing in the second half and continued to play that same way in this game.

With the talent that we have on the team, we should be steam rolling opponents. We lost a lot of leadership this year with Trey and Satterfield leaving on the offensive side, and Banks on D.

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Again, we made some mistakes against McNeese and Citadel...

But, these are both very good teams (especially on offense). Blaming the closeness of this game and losing to McNeese takes away from the efforts by Citadel and McNeese. Both teams did a good job exploiting some weaknesses in our defense... we just need to tighten up.

We don't have a loss in the SoCon. We're ok.

Also, whether we deserved to be ranked, ranked in top 10, etc... I don't really care. If we do what we're should do we'll win the SoCon and will probably have a good seed. Polls are pretty irrelevant atm.

Appinator
October 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM

But, these are both very good teams (especially on offense). Blaming the closeness of this game and losing to McNeese takes away from the efforts by Citadel and McNeese. Both teams did a good job exploiting some weaknesses in our defense... we just need to tighten up.

Also, whether we deserved to be ranked, ranked in top 10, etc... I don't really care. If we do what we're should do we'll win the SoCon and will probably have a good seed. Polls are pretty irrelevant atm.

But still, in years past, when a very good (or even great) team has the full attention of a healthy Mountaineers team, we play lights out (i.e. the Wofford game last year). These games, where we seem to leave a lot on the field, show a lack of discipline.

You are a 100% right though, 2-0 in SoCon play. That's all that matters.

asknoquarter21
October 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
We aren't focused right now, fortunately we get better as the season goes on and maybe the guys will mature a bit too. We won't make it unblemished if we continue playing the way we did.

Offense didn't have the killer instict, but scored when we needed to. We have to want it more than we do right now. The players have to remember that other teams season success is tied in large part to beating app.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM

First, I was replying more to the assertion that ASU should not be ranked.

Seond, JMU IS ranked, and should be, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Third, stop confusing us with a certain other SoCon team that thinks big wins over cupcakes in the early part of the season are the harbinger of a national championship. We actually played ASU into overtime. That game could have easily gone the other way, and then people would be saying we should be ranked. It isn't like I am implying that The Citadel should be ranked #1.

Fourth, in response to your comment that you just can't let a comment like mine go... who appointed YOU the arbiter of opinion on AGS? JMU lost by a hair in overtime to Maryland. If JMU fans made the argument that because of that, JMU should be ranked higher, I would consider that a valid. For sure, I wouldn't be an a$$hole troll about it.

Personally, I don't care what the rankings are. If we win the games I think we should win this year, we'll be in the playoffs. I could care less what our ranking at that point is, because then it won't matter.

proasu89
October 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hat tip to the Bulldogs for a great game. Apps do just enough to win in Hagood..... Something about that place puts us in a funk at times.

xnodxThose of us who've been around for more than 15 minutes remember those times when we weren't as fortunate down there.

AlphaSigMD
October 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM

I'm just not sure how one can evaluate the citadel as being "very good" offensive team? I'm not saying that they are not, but the Citadel didn't do much against UNC and did well against some inferior opponents.

McNeese has obviously put up some points in their games, but they have looked less than stellar at times as well.

I just have a problem with some of the fans on here that resolutely state the following without much to back it up:
1. The Citadel has an elite offense
2. McNeese has an elite (which is probably very true)
3. Samford has an elite defense.

No offense to any of the teams mentioned, and all of the above statements may end up being the case as the season plays out...but I think a better explanation is that ASU is not playing up to their expectations or their talent level on either side of the ball.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
I'm just not sure how one can evaluate the citadel as being "very good" offensive team? I'm not saying that they are not, but the Citadel didn't do much against UNC and did well against some inferior opponents.

McNeese has obviously put up some points in their games, but they have looked less than stellar at times as well.

I just have a problem with some of the fans on here that resolutely state the following without much to back it up:

No offense to any of the teams mentioned, and all of the above statements may end up being the case as the season plays out...but I think a better explanation is that ASU is not playing up to their expectations or their talent level on either side of the ball.

We don't have an elite offense. I don't think anyone said we did.

I could get behind the idea that we have a GOOD offense, though. Especially since I know it to be so.

ASU_Fanatic
October 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM

No offense to any of the teams mentioned, and all of the above statements may end up being the case as the season plays out...but I think a better explanation is that ASU is not playing up to their expectations or their talent level on either side of the ball.Very well said.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
not sure if you're kidding (i can see someone going "he was just kidding, jmufan", so this is me covering either scenario)...

wasn't trying to "crash any parties", but to say that Citadel (or is it The Citadel?) should be ranked because of wins against Presby and Princeton is absolutely and totally absurd... i can't let that fly. i'm sure you guys are disappointed, that's a tough team you played today. but i can't let absurd statements go without a comment.

I forgot to mention that while you are trolling the ASU-El Cid thread, the thread where JMU is losing to Hofstra is thataway------------>

anvilhead
October 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
kicker sucks

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
ASU is not playing up to their expectations or their talent level on either side of the ball.

Maybe your expectations were too high if you expect us to win easily every game.

We won. On the road. Conference game. Against a team that I believe is quite good. If that disappoints you because we didn't win by 21, I think your expectations are too high.

Granted, we have things that need improvement... but, it's stuff we can fix.

Be happy with the victory and give Citadel some credit. xnodx

PhoenixMan
October 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
We aren't focused right now, fortunately we get better as the season goes on and maybe the guys will mature a bit too. We won't make it unblemished if we continue playing the way we did.

Offense didn't have the killer instict, but scored when we needed to. We have to want it more than we do right now. The players have to remember that other teams season success is tied in large part to beating app.

I know this is not smack.....make it unblemished?? You should be happy if you make "it" (whatever that is) at all. This conference is tough every week.

AlphaSigMD
October 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe your expectations were too high if you expect us to win easily every game.

We won. On the road. Conference game. Against a team that I believe is quite good. If that disappoints you because we didn't win by 21, I think your expectations are too high.

Granted, we have things that need improvement... but, it's stuff we can fix.

Be happy with the victory and give Citadel some credit. xnodx

I'm not saying that I'm not pleased with the fact that we won the game, I'm simply saying that we shouldn't rejoice in a lackluster performance or exaggerate the level of play that our opponents have brought to the field.

Maybe The Citadel will go on to win the SoCon - I doubt it - but if they do, I owe you an apology.

My expectations are for ASU to not give up big play after big play because they can't make a tackle.

I can understand that getting torched on passing sometimes happens, but giving up almost 5 yards per carry over the course of the season in unacceptable.

Also the "it's stuff we can fix" - I certainly hope so, but identifying a problem and rectifying a problem are two separate skill sets.

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
This conference is tough every week.

Really?xrolleyesx

CamelCityAppFan
October 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
The App Defense is still something of a mystery to me. Sometimes they play well, sometimes they don't.

Not too worried about the Offense, they seem to be able to move the ball and score. They left some points on the field at times, but overall they are playing well.

Defense needs to get a few more stops in the game to let the offense back on the field.

Grizaholic17
October 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
I watched this game, and was not impressed by App St. at all. They will definitely have a talk about the game. They look like the Griz do in early season play; they just squeak by teams and really come to their element later in the year.

I'm excited to see if this team starts playing like a NC contender, or if they fizz off and start losing the games that are seeming to be "too close".

Great game for Citadel, and you should have one it bulldogs!

Great day in the FCS...alot of fun games to watch in the Griz off week! Thanks!

ASUG8
October 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
I watched this game, and was not impressed by App St. at all. They will definitely have a talk about the game. They look like the Griz do in early season play; they just squeak by teams and really come to their element later in the year.

I'm excited to see if this team starts playing like a NC contender, or if they fizz off and start losing the games that are seeming to be "too close".

Great game for Citadel, and you should have one it bulldogs!

Great day in the FCS...alot of fun games to watch in the Griz off week! Thanks!

Agreed - I walked away not feeling good about the win and feel like they're sort of muzzling AE - but reading the box score, AE's total offense was over 400 yds. The D simply didn't step it up today, and they have to show up every week to win this conference. I feel like we're playing "just good enough", and I hope the coaching staff will encourage the guys to take it up a few notches because that's what it will take. Congrats on a good effort cadets.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Agreed - I walked away not feeling good about the win and feel like they're sort of muzzling AE - but reading the box score, AE's total offense was over 400 yds. The D simply didn't step it up today, and they have to show up every week to win this conference. I feel like we're playing "just good enough", and I hope the coaching staff will encourage the guys to take it up a few notches because that's what it will take. Congrats on a good effort cadets.

At the end of the season I hope we are all looking back and saying that the reason this game was so close was because El Cid was the #2 team in the SoCon.

ASUG8
October 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
At the end of the season I hope we are all looking back and saying that the reason this game was so close was because El Cid was the #2 team in the SoCon.

Brother, I saw a fine team in light blue today - they may be #2 this year.xpeacex

Reign of Terrier
October 3rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
well guys I told you El Cid would be good this year...they may beat usxbawlingx

ASUG8
October 3rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
well guys I told you El Cid would be good this year...they may beat usxbawlingx

You may be right, my young ankle biting friend. xrulesx

Reign of Terrier
October 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
You may be right, my young ankle biting friend. xrulesx

if I'm not mistaken they brought back like 18 starters on a team that was a TD closer in every game to be 6-5ish, not to mention they played two FBS teams if I'm not mistaken

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM

This is entirely possible and I think it's being overlooked.

The Citadel is certainly capable of beating Elon and/or Furman. I'll be pulling for y'all from here on out. xnodx

BullDog85
October 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Boys, I hate to tell you, but Appy is still the team to beat in the SoCon. The problem for the rest of the SoCon in that El Cid just got a whole lot better. Yes, we returned a lot of experience from that 4-8 2008 team. We put 21 pts on Appy in 08 and 27 this year...so we have a slightly better O this year - we ran the ball a lot better than we did last year so we kept Appy off the field and controlled the ball longer.

On defense, first, we dumped the dismal 3-4 defense we ran last year up to the GSU game. Running the 4-3 defense we lost by 3 to GSU and by 5 to Wofford @ Wofford at the end of the 08 season. During the off season we picked up a great transfer on the DL who has made his presence known and we have depth in our defense for the first time that I can remember.

PhoenixMan
October 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=BullDog85;1425533]Boys, I hate to tell you, but Appy is still the team to beat in the SoCon.

I hate to tell YOU, but there are some folks I know that beg to differ that App. is the team to beat in the SoCon. I'm one of those folks.........xnodx

SideLine Shooter
October 4th, 2009, 11:18 AM
This is entirely possible and I think it's being overlooked.

The Citadel is certainly capable of beating Elon and/or Furman. I'll be pulling for y'all from here on out. xnodx

Exactly. I've had The Citadel in the top 25 in my CSN Poll the last 2 weeks. They are a VERY GOOD Team.xthumbsupx

ASU_Fanatic
October 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Boys, I hate to tell you, but Appy is still the team to beat in the SoCon. The problem for the rest of the SoCon in that El Cid just got a whole lot better. Yes, we returned a lot of experience from that 4-8 2008 team. We put 21 pts on Appy in 08 and 27 this year...so we have a slightly better O this year - we ran the ball a lot better than we did last year so we kept Appy off the field and controlled the ball longer.

On defense, first, we dumped the dismal 3-4 defense we ran last year up to the GSU game. Running the 4-3 defense we lost by 3 to GSU and by 5 to Wofford @ Wofford at the end of the 08 season. During the off season we picked up a great transfer on the DL who has made his presence known and we have depth in our defense for the first time that I can remember.You just made me feel alot better.

elcid03
October 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Is Elon a flash in the pan? Maybe? Besides Furman, who have they played? Let the pissed off Elon fans get all worked up, but App is still the team to beat in the conference. When Elon makes the playoffs then I'll believe if they are worth the hype. I know El Cid has not been to the playoffs since '92 so save the "whens the last time you made the playoffs?" arguement. App is still tops in the SoCon.

elcid03
October 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
App State yesterday gained a lot of respect in my book yesterday after the game. The App State players stood during the playing of The Citadel's Alma Mater. That shows a lot of respect towards your opponent and for players for App to do that, that showed what a classy bunch of players and coaches App has. Most teams do not do that when they come to Johnson Hagood, so by doing that your stock went up in my book.

SideLine Shooter
October 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
App State yesterday gained a lot of respect in my book yesterday after the game. The App State players stood during the playing of The Citadel's Alma Mater. That shows a lot of respect towards your opponent and for players for App to do that, that showed what a classy bunch of players and coaches App has. Most teams do not do that when they come to Johnson Hagood, so by doing that your stock went up in my book.

I know all the App fans appreciate your kind words. I would like to say that My favorite SoCon road game is at The Citadel. Everyone always enjoys Charleston. What can you say, a Great City and surrounding area. The Citadel is so rich in tradition that it is a nice change. Your fans are great.xthumbsupx

Millwoch
October 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I know all the App fans appreciate your kind words. I would like to say that My favorite SoCon road game is at The Citadel. Everyone always enjoys Charleston. What can you say, a Great City and surrounding area. The Citadel is so rich in tradition that it is a nice change. Your fans are great.xthumbsupx

App fans were great Saturday. They really support their team and travel with more fans than schools that are much closer to Charleston. Appy coaches really preached to the media this week how much they respect what our boys do and how they love the tradition. I am glad we never have to face Edwards again. He is a real talent. And he is one of the main reasons Appy is the team to beat this year in the socon. I kept praying for him to make a mistake yesterday, but it never happened.

I hope our boys can get over the emotional loss. Things get harder this week as we have another ranked team, but this time on the road.

SideLine Shooter
October 4th, 2009, 06:25 PM
App fans were great Saturday. They really support their team and travel with more fans than schools that are much closer to Charleston. Appy coaches really preached to the media this week how much they respect what our boys do and how they love the tradition. I am glad we never have to face Edwards again. He is a real talent. And he is one of the main reasons Appy is the team to beat this year in the socon. I kept praying for him to make a mistake yesterday, but it never happened.

I hope our boys can get over the emotional loss. Things get harder this week as we have another ranked team, but this time on the road.

You might have to face him in the playoffs. Very possible.

appstate38
October 4th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Listen up SoCon.... Don't sleep on the Bulldogs!!!!!

Millwoch
October 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
You might have to face him in the playoffs. Very possible.

A trip to boone in Dec. would be A ok with me!!!! I hate to sound pessimistic but we have an uphill battle. A win this week will go a long way for us, but it will be a tough on.

phillyAPP
October 4th, 2009, 06:48 PM

I feel the same way when other teams pray with APP after the game.

CID1990
October 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I have a cabin in Valle Crucis, so I'll probably be in Boone around playoff time, anyways. I'm certain that there will be football in Boone in December, so it might as well be against the Bulldogs!

phillyAPP
October 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I have a cabin in Valle Crucis, so I'll probably be in Boone around playoff time, anyways. I'm certain that there will be football in Boone in December, so it might as well be against the Bulldogs!

I have 2 extra tickets for all APP games so if your in the mountains send me a message and you can be my guest.

PhoenixMan
October 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM

This is so nice.....why don't Appy and El Cid have a prom togther or something, everyone can hold hands.xlolx

phillyAPP
October 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
This is so nice.....why don't Appy and El Cid have a prom togther or something, everyone can hold hands.xlolx

Good one..... xnodx

paward
October 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I have 2 extra tickets for all APP games so if your in the mountains send me a message and you can be my guest.

Can I use those tickets if Richmond comes a calling again?

CID1990
October 4th, 2009, 08:21 PM

After this coming weekend they will be our only potential playoff dancing partner, so OK.

See ya in Burlington this weekend.

PhoenixMan
October 4th, 2009, 09:58 PM
After this coming weekend they will be our only potential playoff dancing partner, so OK.

See ya in Burlington this weekend.

It will be a great game.....just messing with you a little. It was getting a little mushy in here. And, even if Elon does lose, the playoff scenario has a long way to go. And just an FYI......we don't play in Burlington (that was a few years back) now we play at Rhodes Stadium in ELON, NCxrulesx

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM
It will be a great game.....just messing with you a little. It was getting a little mushy in here. And, even if Elon does lose, the playoff scenario has a long way to go. And just an FYI......we don't play in Burlington (that was a few years back) now we play at Rhodes Stadium in ELON, NCxrulesx

You do realize that my post was intended to get a geographical lesson from an Elon fan, right?

I was born and raised less than 20 miles up the road.

BTW- It's all Burlington.

BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurliBurlingtonngtonBurlingtonBurlington ElonCollegeBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingto nBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingto nBurlingtonBurlington

appirishmen
October 5th, 2009, 10:03 AM

yea i remember when yall played at my high school. Walter Williams. our high school was glad to finally get our stadium to our selves...to bad we suck now xsmhxxsmhxxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x

best of luck to SoCon next week.....

PhoenixMan
October 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You do realize that my post was intended to get a geographical lesson from an Elon fan, right?

BTW- It's all Burlington.

BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlington BurlingtonBurliBurlingtonngtonBurlingtonBurlington ElonCollegeBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingto nBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingtonBurlingto nBurlingtonBurlington

I was raised here as well......in Elon, not Burlington. There is a difference however slightxnodx

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I was raised here as well......in Elon, not Burlington. There is a difference however slightxnodx

Yes.

An Interstate Runs Through It.

ericsaid
October 5th, 2009, 02:33 PM
So Elon isn't even a town? I thought from the road signs traveling east, it is to the left of the interstate?

phillyAPP
October 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Can I use those tickets if Richmond comes a calling again?

Maybe ? :)

Saint3333
October 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Mebane, NC here.

appfan2008
October 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I really enjoyed the hospitality in charleston... a beautiful (HOT) day in charleston... my wife and I made the day trip from durham, nc so it was a long day but we walked through downtown (king st and market st) after the game and cadets and bulldogs fans were very nice (that five guys burger was delicious)... my only complaint was one ONE ONE person taking tickets on the east side and the line was rather long... wished there could have been a little more action over there...

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Mebane, NC here.

You went to Eastern Alamance, then dintya?