PDA

View Full Version : SIU @ Western Illinois

leatherneck177
September 30th, 2009, 04:26 PM
OK, so after three straight years of great games it appears as though this one might be one sided. Western is a young team with some talent, but the offense just has not meshed without Donaldson.

Saluki fans, what is the outlook for this year's team? I have heard you are returning 17 out of 22 starters? Is that correct?

Even so, my prediction is:

Salukis 37
Leathernecks 21

Western_101
September 30th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Salukis keep the streak alive and roll past WIU easily.

I would be surprised if we were to score 21 or better on the Dawgs.

igo4uni
September 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I gotta go with SIU on this one.

Big Al
September 30th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm gonna be the contrarian and say the 'Necks pull it off. I know the Flying Egyptian Dogs Who Eat Children returned a metric ass-load of starters but I think they might be a little soft.

417Bear
September 30th, 2009, 11:40 PM
A soft SIU Team? Doubt it.

Big Al
September 30th, 2009, 11:42 PM
A soft SIU Team? Doubt it.

Not MSU soft but soft for SIU.

Just sayin' I'm not a believer in their team this year.

Native
October 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
This week's Sagarin predictor scores give the Salukis about a nine point advantage.

leatherneck177
October 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM
It will be very interesting to see if our playcalling changes at all with Patterson gone. I have a feeling that Patterson was behind some of those head scratching calls over the years.

SteelCurtain
October 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm gonna be the contrarian and say the 'Necks pull it off. I know the Flying Egyptian Dogs Who Eat Children returned a metric ass-load of starters but I think they might be a little soft.

I agree Iwas at the SU game last week. Was not impressed. We have zero passing game but they still couldnt stop our running game. Our D has been terrible this year yet they had trouble moving the ball on us. Not impressed with them at all

DOME
October 1st, 2009, 09:45 AM
I still believe SIU is a potent, playoff caliber team...but Kill is gone and I think he was a big part in their past success sooooo it is a given saturday. I'll be on my bike outside of St Louis following scores...

SIU-19
WIU-2

Houndawg
October 1st, 2009, 06:06 PM
I agree Iwas at the SU game last week. Was not impressed. We have zero passing game but they still couldnt stop our running game. Our D has been terrible this year yet they had trouble moving the ball on us. Not impressed with them at all

From what I can glean from the stats SIU stopped your running game well in the second half, holding Paschall to 50 yards in the second half. Deji Karim had 100 yards in the second half, kind of the exact opposite trends you would expect to see when a big strong team plays a smaller quicker team on a wet field. What happened according to my tailgate friends who were there is that the field was more slippery in the first half from the pre-game rains and NDSU's size dominated the inside game. By the second half the field was drier and NDSU's lack of speed was exposed, Paschall's long run for the game being 14 yards and no TDs. Deji Karim had the same yards per carry (5.5) on 127 yards rushing with two 20 yard runs and a 35 yard run and a TD. No smack here, NDSU camee out and punched us in the mouth and used their one advantage to good effect when conditions allowed them to. The pinheads among Bison fans will blame the QB, but the WR's have to share at least half of the blame for the Offense putting up a feeble seven points. As the weather gets worse through the season, NDSU will become a tougher out.