PDA

View Full Version : Josh Johnson playing well for Tampa Bay

malibudude
September 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Might be playing his way into a starting job with is performance today.

ToTheLeft
September 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Well, the drive stalled out near the end (trying to pass it in from the 5) but Josh brings something to the game that Bryon Leftwich can't even dream of. Josh had the legs and arms to make big plays happen. Bryon has neither. I hope Josh starts, I really think he has potential in this league. He reminds me of Drew Brees in a way.

malibudude
September 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
He was very poised and his ball release is very quick.

ToTheLeft
September 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM
He was very poised and his ball release is very quick.

I would love to see Josh at QB. I think he will do really well for us.

Foosball
September 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I will be one proud USD alum when Josh is named to starting line up for next week. I've been following TB quite closely this year, and the team is a train wreck. Their coach seems to be in way over his head...

danefan
September 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
he looked good. the drive stalled because of dropped balls not necesarily because of Josh's play.

He's going to be a darn good QB in teh NFL I think. The Bucs are smart to hold onto to him and get him some burn this year.

813Jag
September 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I want to see him do well, but right now whoever the QB is will be a place holder for Josh Freeman. They didn't waste a #5 pick for him not to play.

DetroitFlyer
September 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I want to see him do well, but right now whoever the QB is will be a place holder for Josh Freeman. They didn't waste a #5 pick for him not to play.

I just might take that bet.... Did you see Freeman play in the preseason? He was completely lost. If, as I expect, JJ lights the place up, Freeman may end up as trade fodder. JJ has been beating the odds and pundits for years. Just wait and see, I will not be at all surprised if he not only becomes the starter, but enjoys great success!

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I just might take that bet.... Did you see Freeman play in the preseason? He was completely lost. If, as I expect, JJ lights the place up, Freeman may end up as trade fodder. JJ has been beating the odds and pundits for years. Just wait and see, I will not be at all surprised if he not only becomes the starter, but enjoys great success!

Yeah, maybe we'll get back all those USD posters who were swearing this kid was 10x the QB that Flacco was. I miss those posters. :p

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Ask and you shall receive

Bucs bench Leftwich in favor of Johnson:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/news.aspx?id=4256995

813Jag
September 28th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I didn't say he would start now. I've watched the Bucs since training camp (I went to a few practices) There's no way they would trade the #5 pick without at least letting him implode on the field. I wish Josh Johnson all the success. I'm just saying what the word is here in TAMPA.

Shellin
September 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Too bad we didn't get to see Johnson in the playoffs during his time at USD xsmiley_wix

Good for him though, he played better than Leftwich did and deserves a shot at the very least.

813Jag
September 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Too bad we didn't get to see Johnson in the playoffs during his time at USD xsmiley_wix

Good for him though, he played better than Leftwich did and deserves a shot at the very least.
He deserves his shot, it's been pretty funny listening to the comments around town. He went from #4 possible practice squad to #1. Hope this works because Raheem's seat is warming rapidly.