PDA

View Full Version : Wofford loses leading tackler

Woof
September 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure what is going on, but we seem to be snake-bit this year. A week after losing our leading rusher (Eric Breitenstein) to a season-ending knee injury, we lose our leading tackler and the heart & soul of our defense, Mike Niam, to a season- ending knee injury in the game against Wisconsin.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090921/NEWS/909229988/1090/SPORTS02?Title=Wofford-s-Niam-likely-out-for-season-with-injured-knee

You always hate to see injuries to any of your guys, but these 2 really hurt. Here's wishing these young men a speedy and complete recover.xthumbsupx

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Just plain bad luck for the Terriers. We suffered down the same rocky road in 2007 when we lost our leading rusher and two pre-season all-americans during he year.

phoenixphanatic21
September 22nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, I'm really sorry to see this. That's just a case of real bad luck for you guys. I really hope you guys can find a way to replace him.

SideLine Shooter
September 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure what is going on, but we seem to be snake-bit this year. A week after losing our leading rusher (Eric Breitenstein) to a season-ending knee injury, we lose our leading tackler and the heart & soul of our defense, Mike Niam, to a season- ending knee injury in the game against Wisconsin.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090921/NEWS/909229988/1090/SPORTS02?Title=Wofford-s-Niam-likely-out-for-season-with-injured-knee

You always hate to see injuries to any of your guys, but these 2 really hurt. Here's wishing these young men a speedy and complete recover.xthumbsupx

Man, I hate it for you guys. It seems like when injuries start to happen they just come in big numbers.

For App to be fairly injury free for the best part of 3 years, last year it caught up with us and by the end of the year they were the walking wounded with nobody left to plug into the injured positions. I'm sure Coach Ayers has quality players to plug in.

crabby terrier
September 22nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
this is definitely shaping up to be a challenging season with conference play starting for us this weekend!!!

we will be able to get niam and breitenstein redshirted. both are sophomores. jeremy marshall was also redshirted from last year's acl injury. i hope they all heal quickly and fully! the guys stepping up in those postions played very well, all things considered. they will continue to get better as will all of our young players.

GO TERRIERS!!!

seantaylor
September 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Sucks even worse that it happened in week 3. Can't redshirt him now.

Reign of Terrier
September 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Sucks even worse that it happened in week 3. Can't redshirt him now.

I recently learned that the NCAA changed their rules concerning this, now if you play less than 30% of your games and get hurt for the season you can be redshirted and 3/11 is less than 30%xthumbsupx

ASU_Fanatic
September 22nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Sucks for them.

Reign of Terrier
September 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
totally called for flapjack