PDA

View Full Version : McNeese and LSU sign to play football in 2010

CSN Log
September 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
09-16-2009 03:21 PM

McNeese and LSU sign to play football in 2010

McNeese State and LSU have signed to play a football game in Tiger Stadium on Oct. 16, 2010.

It’s a milestone for collegiate football in the state of Louisiana as McNeese will become the first in-state FCS team to ever play the Tigers. LSU will also bring in Northwestern State for a game on Sept. 10 in 2011.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/16/mcneese-and-lsu-sign-to-play-football-in-2010?blog=2#more5588)

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Glad to see this game finally added.

What's the status of the McNeese-Southeastern game? I know it was on that date. Are they going to move the contest to the end of September?

msusig
September 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM
McNeese is playing at LSU on Oct. 16, 2010.

Can't wait for the upset win by the cowboys. Geaux to HELL LSU. :D

mcneese
September 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
GEAUX COWBOYS!

mcneese
September 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I just hope to hear Jole Blon in Tiger Stadium at least once! McNeese should put together a trip for the band to include the high school allstars....Jole Blon will HAVE to be loud in front of 90k!!! It would be a great recruiting tool for the McNeese band to somehow be able to include these kids. Im sure the uniforms could be had.

msusig
September 16th, 2009, 07:29 PM
:D
McNeese-LSU game

msusig
September 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
From local tv station:

http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=11145285

McNeese is first FCS team from Louisiana to play LSU. They were just scared.

DG Cowboy
September 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Well, this is a big, big deal for LSU to do this. They have played UL-L three times, counting this year, and I think we will give them a better tussle than the Ragin' Cajuns. LSU 93 UL-L 3 total for the first two games. LSU knows the Cowboys will sell tickets, which, due to distance involved, App State and the other FCS teams could not match. The win Saturday certainly gave both schools the ideal timing to close the deal, which has been discussed since the summer. Its just a great outreach by the Tigers to an in-state FCS school. I'll be there with my LSU wife. She's already feeling strange about pulling for LSU and not the Cowboys.

NSUDemon98
September 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
It’s a milestone for collegiate football in the state of Louisiana as McNeese will become the first in-state FCS team to ever play the Tigers. LSU will also bring in Northwestern State for a game on Sept. 10 in 2011.

Well, technically, NSU is already 0-10 against the Tigers all time...but 1-0 against the LSU freshmen squad xlolx

I'm sure tigerdroppings.com is chock full of positive attitudes after hearing this!

SU Jag
September 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Well, technically, NSU is already 0-10 against the Tigers all time...but 1-0 against the LSU freshmen squad xlolx

I'm sure tigerdroppings.com is chock full of positive attitudes after hearing this!

Man that board really shows you how ignorant and racist some LSU fans really are! xsmhx Sad!

BTW-Give em' hell McNeese!xthumbsupx

DG Cowboy
September 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Glad to see this game finally added.

What's the status of the McNeese-Southeastern game? I know it was on that date. Are they going to move the contest to the end of September?

In the paper it said that the NW-McNeese game was changed to accommodate the LSU game, which the Demons fully cooperated in doing. Don't know if that is correct.

TexasTerror
September 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Seen that in two places, so assuming it's accurate.

Glad to see the SLC helping the SLC.

msusig
September 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I tried to post this last night, but apparently I didn't do something right and my posts were blocked. So I'll try it again.

McNeese is playing LSU on October 16, 2010 in Baton Rouge.xthumbsupx

McNeese75
September 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
In the paper it said that the NW-McNeese game was changed to accommodate the LSU game, which the Demons fully cooperated in doing. Don't know if that is correct.

It IS correct!!

DG Cowboy
September 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I tried to post this last night, but apparently I didn't do something right and my posts were blocked. So I'll try it again.

McNeese is playing LSU on October 16, 2010 in Baton Rouge.xthumbsupx

Click on New Posts and you'll find your original thread with postings.

msusig
September 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Click on New Posts and you'll find your original thread with postings.

Oh I didn't realize that. No wonder they got mad at me for doing two threads even though I never saw them posted after an hour went by.

msusig
September 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'll be the first to predict McNeese in an upset win over LSU in death valley. Go Pokes.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Should be a helluva Cajun tailgate! Pass the alligator...

JohnStOnge
September 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I was listening to a radio show called "The Fastest Hour" this afternoon on Baton Rouge WSKR. When the 2010 LSU schedule came up I thought they were going to bash McNeese. Instead, they said they have no problem with having an in-state "I-AA" on the schedule. They said other SEC teams, like Florida do. They also said they're more excited about seeing McNeese than about seeing Louisiana Monroe (which has also been added to the 2010 schedule). They also mentioned that the Southland is about as strong as the Sun Belt.

JDC325
September 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM
LSU seems to be asking for an upset. First App now McNeese. xthumbsupx

buckp
September 18th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Thinkin' about starting....now! xthumbsupx

GeauxColonels
September 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Direct quote from a co-worker of mine here in Baton Rouge, "Nothing good can come of this game for LSU." Personally, I'll still be rooting for the Tigers in this one since I'm an alumn. But I would prefer to see LSU take on in-state FCS schools if they're going to schedule any at all.

McNeese75
September 18th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Direct quote from a co-worker of mine here in Baton Rouge, "Nothing good can come of this game for LSU." Personally, I'll still be rooting for the Tigers in this one since I'm an alumn. But I would prefer to see LSU take on in-state FCS schools if they're going to schedule any at all.

Nothing good comes from their out of state FCS games either does it? If lightening were to strike and one of the instate FCS teams were to somehow steal a win in Tiger Stadium it might affect recruiting but I doubt it.

JohnStOnge
September 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Direct quote from a co-worker of mine here in Baton Rouge, "Nothing good can come of this game for LSU."

What? a $2 to $3 million net isn't good? That's what happens when LSU holds one of these games with an opponent they don't have to return a home game to; whether it's a FCS like McNeese or a FBS like Louisiana Tech. Except if it's a FBS like Louisiana Tech they have to pay more for the visit so they don't net quite as much.

If it were true that nothing good for LSU could come from a game like this, LSU wouldn't be doing it.

McTailGator
September 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM

As proud as I am about McNeese's tailgating ability.

However, McNeese is miniture compared to that of LSU.

Tiger Stadium holds roughly 94K, but the crowds at they typical LSU Tailgate party on Game day has been estimated around 150,000!

LSU's entire huge campus is transformed into a giant party lot, they even did away with an 18 hole golf course about 1 block from the stadium and transformed they entire property into one hell of a large tailgate area.

We will have fun, but our 10 to 12000 fans will pale in comparison

McTailGator
September 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM
LSU seems to be asking for an upset. First App now McNeese. xthumbsupx

Not to take anything away from Apps. great victory...

BUT LSU is Not Michigan...

But hey, we'll make a but load of cash and have an awesomexbeerchugx party!

Bigmoneymike
September 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I wonder what the payout is for mcneese and nw st and if they considered scheduling southern. I mean if your going to play a 1-AA why not keep the money in baton rouge.

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I wonder what the payout is for mcneese and nw st and if they considered scheduling southern. I mean if your going to play a 1-AA why not keep the money in baton rouge.

I do not think Southern is interested in playing LSU. Am I right?

The problem becomes if LSU continues to play the FCS schools (word is Nicholls is coming in '13 and I guess we'll find out eventually about SLU), without playing a Southern or Grambling...that could become interesting.

SU and LSU stopped their baseball series because LSU refused to return to SU's baseball field, Lee-Hines LSU did something similar with Tulane in football. They are changing things and putting as many games at home across all sports, as possible.