PDA

View Full Version : New video: ‘The Tackle,’ by Grambling’s Christian Anthony

thederisoreport
September 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
09-14-2009 10:43 PM

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TheDerisoReport/~4/64Ig61IkEyg

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheDerisoReport/~3/64Ig61IkEyg/)

lionsrking2
September 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I didn't see a great tackle...the runner was bottled up and stopped moving...all the defender did was pick him up and slam him down...not such a hard thing to do when the ball carrier is 170 lbs and not moving...I do give him credit for a nice quasi-suplex move, however.

mikebigg
September 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
What about taking on 3 blockers?

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
What about taking on 3 blockers?

Not sure I would agree that he "took on" three blockers...he did a good job reading the speed sweep action and went with the flow but never really had to take on anyone until the RB tried to chip him...but the ball carrier ran right to him.

It's certainly not a bad play on the DE's part and I give him much credit for reading his keys and doing what he's coached to do...I just didn't see it as particularly great tackle outside of the fact he body slammed the guy...to me, a great tackle is when you take someone down in the open field, where the runner has momentum and a fair chance to make a cut or in a position to be physical...wasn't the case on this particular play, the way I saw it.

mikebigg
September 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Everyone has their opinion...

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Everyone has their opinion...

I concur.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Not sure I would agree that he "took on" three blockers...he did a good job reading the speed sweep action and went with the flow but never really had to take on anyone until the RB tried to chip him...but the ball carrier ran right to him.

It's certainly not a bad play on the DE's part and I give him much credit for reading his keys and doing what he's coached to do...I just didn't see it as particularly great tackle outside of the fact he body slammed the guy...to me, a great tackle is when you take someone down in the open field, where the runner has momentum and a fair chance to make a cut or in a position to be physical...wasn't the case on this particular play, the way I saw it.

Give the kid credit. He had 2 int's, one which he ran back for a TD and a fumble recovery. Good grief.

McNeese75
September 16th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Give the kid credit. He had 2 int's, one which he ran back for a TD and a fumble recovery. Good grief.

I think Lionsking2 is just commenting about that particular play. Obviously the young man had a great game and was the difference maker in the ultimate outcome of the game.

(I know, I know, nobody asked me, stfu and move on cowboy :D)

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I think Lionsking2 is just commenting about that particular play. Obviously the young man had a great game and was the difference maker in the ultimate outcome of the game.

(I know, I know, nobody asked me, stfu and move on cowboy :D)

What he said.

mikebigg
September 17th, 2009, 05:24 AM
The old adage...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I saw it live and it was impressive...I know it left at least 3 impressions. One on me, one on the ball carrier, and one on the ground.