PDA

View Full Version : Towson's Bushrod to Start for Saints!

andy7171
September 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Saints tackle Bushrod eager for his first regular-season start

METAIRIE, La. — Jermon Bushrod has the physical stature to protect the blind side of one of the NFL’s most prolific quarterbacks. The 6-foot-4, 325-pound left tackle only needs to prove he can do it in a game when it counts.

Bushrod is expected to get that chance as early as Sunday.

With starting left tackle Jammal Brown likely to be sidelined by a sports hernia, Bushrod could start in his place, as he has in the past couple preseason games, head coach Sean Payton said this week.

Bushrod has yet to play a single regular season offensive snap in his young career, but quarterback Drew Brees joked that he wouldn’t worry about that too much as long as the young lineman hollers when the defensive end he’s trying to block gets loose.

“I just told him give me that lookout call if I need to move a little bit,” Brees said with a smile.

In fact, Brees said he’s been impressed by Bushrod’s recent performances in the preseason.

“He’s been awesome. I have all the confidence in the world in Bushrod,” Brees said. “This is that defining moment in regards to getting that first opportunity to start in the NFL. I think he’s made great strides from his rookie year until now. ... He’s talented, but he works hard and has a great group around him. I think that’s a big thing. What I’ve told him is, ‘Play your butt off. You’re going to get beat time to time. It’s my job to get rid of it.”’

http://www.sunherald.com/251/story/1594408.html

YoUDeeMan
September 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Saints tackle Bushrod eager for his first regular-season start

METAIRIE, La. — Jermon Bushrod has the physical stature to protect the blind side of one of the NFL’s most prolific quarterbacks. The 6-foot-4, 325-pound left tackle only needs to prove he can do it in a game when it counts.

Bushrod is expected to get that chance as early as Sunday.

With starting left tackle Jammal Brown likely to be sidelined by a sports hernia, Bushrod could start in his place, as he has in the past couple preseason games, head coach Sean Payton said this week.

Bushrod has yet to play a single regular season offensive snap in his young career, but quarterback Drew Brees joked that he wouldn’t worry about that too much as long as the young lineman hollers when the defensive end he’s trying to block gets loose.

“I just told him give me that lookout call if I need to move a little bit,” Brees said with a smile.

In fact, Brees said he’s been impressed by Bushrod’s recent performances in the preseason.

“He’s been awesome. I have all the confidence in the world in Bushrod,” Brees said. “This is that defining moment in regards to getting that first opportunity to start in the NFL. I think he’s made great strides from his rookie year until now. ... He’s talented, but he works hard and has a great group around him. I think that’s a big thing. What I’ve told him is, ‘Play your butt off. You’re going to get beat time to time. It’s my job to get rid of it.”’

http://www.sunherald.com/251/story/1594408.html

Classy comments by Brees. xthumbsupx Good luck to Bushrod!

Great name, by the way. I knew a girl named Sandy Furbush. :D