PDA

View Full Version : Attendence for McNeese vs. ASU @ KB Stadium

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Any idea how many folks McNeese will be bringing up for this Saturday?

We should break our record pretty easily, no?

I will be heading to Fort Polk, LA for about a month for a train up.......... so maybe I will pass a few of them on the way north! That will take me out of the loop for football action. Looks like scores by text message until early October xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx......damn Army two years in a row!!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

henfan
September 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Now that's going to be a fun tailgate with a great bunch of fans from both schools!xnodx

biggie
September 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Attendence will probably be a bit lower, due to McNeese being so far away and keeping some of their fans from traveling that far. Combined with the economy.

Last I looked on the online ticket website all the App seats were sold out, but grass and visitor seats remained.

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
im not so sure about breaking the attendance record....

McNeese75
September 6th, 2009, 05:24 PM

I will be heading to Fort Polk, LA for about a month for a train up.......... so maybe I will pass a few of them on the way north! That will take me out of the loop for football action. Looks like scores by text message until early October xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx......damn Army two years in a row!!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

If you are off on Sat nights you need to make your way to LC and come to a McNeese home game xnodx

Saint3333
September 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
The biggest crowd was last year against Wofford and I just don't see that being matched without ESPN being there on a Friday Halloween night.

JohnStOnge
September 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Attendence will probably be a bit lower, due to McNeese being so far away and keeping some of their fans from traveling that far. Combined with the economy.

Last I looked on the online ticket website all the App seats were sold out, but grass and visitor seats remained.

It's possible, also, that McNeese's performance against Henderson State last night may disuade some fans who othewise would've made a last minute decision to take a road trip to the game. If you were talking about last year when McNeese opened the year by outplaying North Carolina before losing a close one I think there would be more exitement among the McNeese fan base. But this year they opened the season by being very fortunate to squeak by an average at best Division II team by scoring a TD on 4th down with time running out.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
27,500 is my prediction

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Mntneer
September 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I don't see the attendance record getting broken either. Season ticket sales were slightly down this year (presumably due to the economy). I'll go with 28.5k

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Tough to predict, Alot of fans are excited about the season and how we played against ECU, and they excited about the new stadium, but the economy in NC is reallly bad (11% unemployment). I'm going conservative, 23,500.

LacesOut
September 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
App State's stadium holds 30K!!!?????

Saint3333
September 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Not permanent seats, but with the hill it can. Last years regular season average was just short of 29K including two games over 30K. The record is 30,931.

proasu89
September 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
App State's stadium holds 30K!!!?????

Seating for approx. 21,500. Grass bank and crowded student sections raise the possible attendance north of 30K

LacesOut
September 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM
^^^^^^^

Ahhh, I see. Thanks.

And damn! 30k. Just..............damn.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
If you are off on Sat nights you need to make your way to LC and come to a McNeese home game xnodx

Doesn't look like I will be able to, but that would make my month if I could. I would wear my ASU gear!

feb18blacksunday
September 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
31.5 lots of excitment with yesterdays game.

Skjellyfetti
September 6th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm an optimist... but, I think we break our record this weekend.

Yeah, season ticket sales are slightly down... but, it may just mean that some people have decided to go to a couple of home games this year instead of the whole slate. This game and GSU would be the games they'd be going to most likely.

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Doesn't look like I will be able to, but that would make my month if I could. I would wear my ASU gear!

That is not a problem, if something happens and you can come be sure and let me know.

thmst30
September 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I'm an optimist... but, I think we break our record this weekend.

Yeah, season ticket sales are slightly down... but, it may just mean that some people have decided to go to a couple of home games this year instead of the whole slate. This game and GSU would be the games they'd be going to most likely.
You must be an optimist, because unfortunately I'm afraid the actual seats won't even be full. Much less a new attendance record. The game is in 6 days and I can go on Goasu.com's online tickets and can find 8 seats together that are still available. 8 is the highest it will let you choose, but if you can still purchase 8 seats side-by-side then there are certainly numerous seats left. I'm not talking about grass tickets or visitor tickets, but general public stadium seats. I know the economy is bad, but did that many people really jump off the bandwagon already? I can't believe our home opener in the finished stadium quite possibly won't even have a full house.

OldSouth
September 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Skjellyfetti
September 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM
You must be an optimist, because unfortunately I'm afraid the actual seats won't even be full. Much less a new attendance record. The game is in 6 days and I can go on Goasu.com's online tickets and can find 8 seats together that are still available. 8 is the highest it will let you choose, but if you can still purchase 8 seats side-by-side then there are certainly numerous seats left. I'm not talking about grass tickets or visitor tickets, but general public stadium seats. I know the economy is bad, but did that many people really jump off the bandwagon already? I can't believe our home opener in the finished stadium quite possibly won't even have a full house.

Yeah, I know there are still tickets available... but, wait to see what the turnout actually is before getting worried about people falling off the bandwagon.

Our current record was set last year against Wofford. There were plenty of people predicting a lousy turnout for that game since it was on a Friday night, on ESPN, etc.

thmst30
September 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I know there are still tickets available... but, wait to see what the turnout actually is before getting worried about people falling off the bandwagon.

Our current record was set last year against Wofford. There were plenty of people predicting a lousy turnout for that game since it was on a Friday night, on ESPN, etc.
True, and I'm not saying it won't be a solid turnout. It's just a bit disheartening to me that there seems to still be plenty of seats left. We should at the very least fill the actual seats for this home opener. I guess I have been spoiled over the past 4 years with our great turnouts, because most other FCS schools would kill to have the attendance we will have this Saturday.

GaSouthern
September 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
27,000 + Mountain Math = 39,000

;)

SideLine Shooter
September 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM

;)

Do I see just a little bit of jealousy?xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Are any ASU/McNeese fans planning on getting together on Saturday? My plans to go to Maryland have been canceled because of some family stuff and I might just head over to Boone for a good afternoon of football. Would love to drop by any AGS tailgate.

Otherwise, who wants to host me? :D

Also, how confident are ASU fan that I'll be able to get a ticket?

AppAlum2003
September 8th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Are any ASU/McNeese fans planning on getting together on Saturday? My plans to go to Maryland have been canceled because of some family stuff and I might just head over to Boone for a good afternoon of football. Would love to drop by any AGS tailgate.

We'll be on the top deck of the Library Parking Deck - would love to have you by. Just burgers and dogs, but the beer will be plenty cold. Look for the Silver Jeep Grand Cherokee with the red devil grill.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2009, 07:35 AM

;)

That sounds like "fuzzy math."

JROCK98
September 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM

Today when i go on GOASU.com i cannot find even 1 seat in the reserved seats, only grass seats available. Now yesterday from a different computer i could find 8 together like you mentioned.
Do you think within the last 24 hours tickets sold that fast or is this a computer glitch of some sort?

thmst30
September 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Today when i go on GOASU.com i cannot find even 1 seat in the reserved seats, only grass seats available. Now yesterday from a different computer i could find 8 together like you mentioned.
Do you think within the last 24 hours tickets sold that fast or is this a computer glitch of some sort?
It seems they sold.:D There are still seats available, but not near as many now. You can buy a General Public seat (Row ZZ so there can't be but a handful left), and can find 8 visitor seats together. However we still got 4 days until gameday to continue to fill the house!

SoCon48
September 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Did they go away from the system that allowed seeing the seats before purchasing? If so, why?

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Did they go away from the system that allowed seeing the seats before purchasing? If so, why?
They give you the location/seat number. But no detailed seating chart like last year. Its a different company doing the selling online this year.

I did like the detailed seating charts (showing seat numbers in each section).

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM
According to online ticket site, there are no reserve general seats for:

McNeese
Samford
NCCU
GSU

Only grass and visitor seats left for those apparently.

james_lawfirm
September 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM

McV:

We tailgated right across from you at the ASU/JMU game in Harrisonburgville. I would gladly invite you to our tailgate in the Greenwood Lot #274 (that's the lot ABOVE the Stadium - you'll need to ask directions, b/c it's hard to find.)

You'll probably be able to find a ticket, but they might be SRO. The ASU sororities managed to choose this Saturday for their bewitching hour, or whatever they call it, so the student #s will be off. It would be best to get here early though.

Just let me know.

Skjellyfetti
September 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
The ASU sororities managed to choose this Saturday for their bewitching hour, or whatever they call it, so the student #s will be off.

xnonono2x

FAIL.

Why don't they do this on the 19th when there is no football game...........

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
xnonono2x

FAIL.

They heard I had switched to the West side stands and told all the ladies to stay home, sorry I scared of some more of them.

But is dumb they all planned that for the 1st home football game. Now I'll need different entertainment at half time.

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
xnonono2x

FAIL.

They didn't have a choice, apperently it was the Greek Life (Pan-Hellenic, for Sororities) department that decided this for them.

While ASU has done wonders for enhancing the gameday experience over the last 5-6 years, the promotion of Greek activities has always been something that the university wasn't fully 100% behind sometimes it seems.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:46 PM
They didn't have a choice, apperently it was the Greek Life (Pan-Hellenic, for Sororities) department that decided this for them.

While ASU has done wonders for enhancing the gameday experience over the last 5-6 years, the promotion of Greek activities has always been something that the university wasn't fully 100% behind sometimes it seems.

The Pan-Hellenic council is governed primarily by leaders of the sororities, which are like presidents and vp's or the different sororities, which are students. therefore, it would appear that they were actually the ones that made the choice for themselves...xcoffeex

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
The Pan-Hellenic council is governed primarily by leaders of the sororities, which are like presidents and vp's or the different sororities, which are students. therefore, it would appear that they were actually the ones that made the choice for themselves...xcoffeex

Maybe I am fuzzy on my details, because it sounded like it was decided for them and definiately not by them. I could be mistaken however.....

thmst30
September 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
According to online ticket site, there are no reserve general seats for:

McNeese
Samford
NCCU
GSU

Only grass and visitor seats left for those apparently.
Yep. I guess some folks were waiting to see what happened with the ECU game. Despite the loss our 2nd half performance has excited even the most casual fans.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe I am fuzzy on my details, because it sounded like it was decided for them and definiately not by them. I could be mistaken however.....

there is faculty advisors on the board, and the council is observant of the school, so you could be right...but i would think they could object if they wanted, i dont know?

McTailGator
September 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Keep in mind that the Economy in SW La, and SE Texas where Oil is king isn't all that bad like most parts of the country.

Now with that said, most McFans are saving their beans for week four when we have about 10,000 to 12,000 fans headed to New Orleans to play Tulane in the Super Dome.

McNeese Alumni have 2 nights at the Royal Sonesta hotel ON Bourbon Street blocked up so many are awaiting on that party.

But I would think about 300 or so will be headed to Boone.

jonmac
September 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Keep in mind that the Economy in SW La, and SE Texas where Oil is king isn't all that bad like most parts of the country.

Now with that said, most McFans are saving their beans for week four when we have about 10,000 to 12,000 fans headed to New Orleans to play Tulane in the Super Dome.

McNeese Alumni have 2 nights at the Royal Sonesta hotel ON Bourbon Street blocked up so many are awaiting on that party.

But I would think about 300 or so will be headed to Boone.

I love how you guys make the "Mc" references. Sounds like you have embraced it and have thus taken away its smackability. Not sure we could pull that off with the Hot, Ho...ugh, I can't even get it out.

james_lawfirm
September 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM

When I went to App, it wasn't nearly that hard to buy friends.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
who all is going to be in boone this weekend, and where?

ill be in Raley starting around 930-10 I suppose!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
ASU sorority girls...

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww299/GSU_AGS_CS/ww_asu.jpg

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
ASU sorority girls...

dont guess youve been to boone lately?

CrackerRiley
September 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM

I want to be in Raley but don't know about the lottery for students this year.

Anybody know anything? I think last year the lottery would begin on the Sunday before a game then winners were announced by Tuesday.... So what is going on this year? Any other students care to shed some light....

appsfan
September 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
there is faculty advisors on the board, and the council is observant of the school, so you could be right...but i would think they could object if they wanted, i dont know?

My daughter is in a sorority at App and they are pissed about the scheduling/timing of recruitment. My take on it is someone in administration doesn't like the idea of a fall rush (until a couple years ago, freshmen had to have a semester under their belt before they could join) and timed it this way on purpose. Also, it was announced this summer when it was too late to change.
xtwocentsx

AppStsGr8
September 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM

McVey, if you get a ticket and make it to Boone, let me know. We'll be glad to throw some extra wings on the grill for you in the stadium lot.

msusig
September 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I predict the Cowboys stop making stupid mistakes, get penalties under control, and leave town with an upset in front of a sellout crowd......MSU 27 - App State 24

Geaux pokes. Go to hell Mountaineers

Skjellyfetti
September 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Geaux pokes. Geaux to hell Mountaineers

fixt. ;)

ASU_MBA
September 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I predict the Cowboys stop making stupid mistakes, get penalties under control, and leave town with an upset in front of a sellout crowd......MSU 27 - App State 24

19 posts and already making friends... xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
xthumbsupx

i predict youre wrong:)

but we're both entitled to our opinions here!

welcome to ags.

Touchdown Yosef
September 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
My daughter is in a sorority at App and they are pissed about the scheduling/timing of recruitment. My take on it is someone in administration doesn't like the idea of a fall rush (until a couple years ago, freshmen had to have a semester under their belt before they could join) and timed it this way on purpose. Also, it was announced this summer when it was too late to change.
xtwocentsx

Many of the sororities will be able to attend the game Saturday. Their attendance will be based on their national's rules for behavior during rush. Bid day is on the 20th (bye week) but many of the rules that govern sororities do not allow them to attend or at least officially attend football games for fear of dirty rushing intentionally or unintentionally. They have very strict rules and work very hard to be fair during their rush.

Dates were set mainly by National Panhalinic and the University. The sororities themselves did not schedule themselves out of a football game. I am sure it is extremely difficult to schedule around all the games with time being limited and being that it is fall.

Note: My wife is a volunteer adviser to a sorority at Appalachian as well as VT Baylor, Texas Tech and several other schools. (she knows all about it all and I quoted her here)

SideLine Shooter
September 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM

I'll be all around shooting photos.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'll be all around shooting photos.

anyway to recognize you, other than the big camera obviously?

msusig
September 8th, 2009, 10:49 PM
As of today is Armanti Edwards playing against McNeese or is he still out? Do the mountaineers run any of the wildcat formation? I'm hoping McNeese gets some of their starters back on defense. We will need them. Pendland looked very good last Saturday. How are the mountaineers against the run?

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM
As of today is Armanti Edwards playing against McNeese or is he still out? Do the mountaineers run any of the wildcat formation? I'm hoping McNeese gets some of their starters back on defense. We will need them. Pendland looked very good last Saturday. How are the mountaineers against the run?

Armanti's starting. We run whole lot of different things, but we run a spread option oriented offense. We do pretty well on defense against most anything, but if shaky, teams can put up points early in the game.xcoffeex

McNeese75
September 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Armanti's starting. We run whole lot of different things, but we run a spread option oriented offense. We do pretty well on defense against most anything, but if shaky, teams can put up points early in the game.xcoffeex

Well, Hell, that doesn't help much. How are we supposed to tell our coaching staff what to do if that is all the secret info you are going to give us???? xlolx

SideLine Shooter
September 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Well, Hell, that doesn't help much. How are we supposed to tell our coaching staff what to do if that is all the secret info you are going to give us???? xlolx

My suggestion to stay healthy for your conference play is tell them to "take a knee."xnodxxnodx

Waco Kid
September 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
ASU sorority girls...

Those chicks are wearing all purple... Furman girls no doubt.

biggie
September 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Not sure if any of us know exactly what will play out in this game or the rest of the year. I'd say most of us expect AE, Cadet, and Presley to see action and maybe even all three on the field at the same time (though that may take practice and stick to the norm this week).

Weird that including Coco, we have 4 people that could be on the field at once that would be confident in throwing a pass downfield.

The Moody1
September 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Not sure if any of us know exactly what will play out in this game or the rest of the year. I'd say most of us expect AE, Cadet, and Presley to see action and maybe even all three on the field at the same time (though that may take practice and stick to the norm this week).

Weird that including Coco, we have 4 people that could be on the field at once that would be confident in throwing a pass downfield.

Presley has been moved to wide receiver. Armanti has been cleared to play so I am pretty sure AE and Cadet will both play.

biggie
September 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Presley has been moved to wide receiver. Armanti has been cleared to play so I am pretty sure AE and Cadet will both play.
Yes, was referring to an ongoing basis, expecting to see all three take the field every week in some capacity (we know for AE, but the other 2 could be a toss up to where you see them - RB, KR, PR, QB, WR).

Skjellyfetti
September 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Do the mountaineers run any of the wildcat formation?

We essentially run the wildcat formation every down.

Not sure we really gain anything by having anyone take the snap instead of Armanti. We would be gaining little running ability and losing a whole lot of passing ability. We did put Presley in the game last year at QB and had Armanti split out in the slot. That was against Richmond with a struggling and injured Armanti... didn't look too pretty.

McNeese75
September 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
My suggestion to stay healthy for your conference play is tell them to "take a knee."xnodxxnodx

xlolx Sorry, wrong team, only those Texas State boys get on their knees xeekx xpeacex

SideLine Shooter
September 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM
xlolx Sorry, wrong team, only those Texas State boys get on their knees xeekx xpeacex

Now that's a good one!
xoutofrepx

ASU_MBA
September 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Went online and there are still tickets available for seats....I doubt we break any attendance records saturday...i hope i am wrong

SoCon48
September 11th, 2009, 05:45 PM
There is no local regionalism involved and not many visiting fans to speak of.

ASU_MBA
September 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
The official attendance was 27,914 in case anyone is interested....

kirkblitz
September 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM
27,500 is my prediction

winner?

paward
September 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
What is the attendance record at Kobe?

BarefootApp
September 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
The winners: McNeese, New stadium, ASU offense

CDT_Wilson
September 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM

JRTC? I was stationed at FT Polk for 3 1/2 years. I defiantly missed my Northern Iowa football. Been lucky to be in Iowa for my third season, and now they are sending me to GA, VA, for this football season. I get to see one more home game. Next year I will be in NY. I can just hope that Syracuse will play Northern Iowa at Syracuse.