PDA

View Full Version : Jerry and Linda Fields make record-setting $6 million gift to Texas State athletics

CSN Log
September 6th, 2009, 09:10 AM
09-06-2009 09:02 AM

Jerry and Linda Fields make record-setting $6 million gift to Texas State athletics

San Marcos, Texas - Texas State University President Denise Trauth announced Saturday that Jerry and Linda Fields of Houston have made the largest gift in support of Bobcat Athletics ever with a $6 million donation.

The gift was announced Saturday, Sept. 5 during the official opening of the new West-Side Complex at Bobcat Stadium before the nationally-ranked Bobcats opened their 2009 season against Angelo State. The recently-completed football stadium expansion facility was named in honor of the Fields prior to the grand-opening ceremony. Tours also were offered to Texas State students and the general public.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/06/jerry-and-linda-fields-make-record-setti?blog=2#more5550)

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2009, 09:16 AM
This is HUGE for the Bobcats...HUGE.

$6M would nearly be enough to fund pretty much an athletic department for any of the schools in the the entire La. block of the Southland.

centexguy
September 6th, 2009, 12:07 PM
My guess is that some of that will go towards the $17 million they've spent on the stadium because private donations must pay for at least 1/4 of athletic projects.

Sly Fox
September 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
That's my understanding as well, centexguy. Although I haven't heard it directly from anyone with direct knowledge. However it gets sliced it, its a huge check.

Congrats to the Texas State family!

txstatebobcat
September 6th, 2009, 09:31 PM
My guess is that some of that will go towards the $17 million they've spent on the stadium because private donations must pay for at least 1/4 of athletic projects.

Might be. Although I seem to remember at least three people donating one million plus. This would give them lifetime luxury suite membership.

McNeese75
September 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Congrats and based on the pics it has already been put to good use in the faciility upgrades xthumbsupx