PDA

View Full Version : app's d jackson cut by bucs

BooneNative
August 31st, 2009, 10:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmpG8hM9OXC1VrndMETJJn9DubYF?slug=ap-bucs-jackson&prov=ap&type=lgns

Touchdown Yosef
August 31st, 2009, 11:05 AM
no real surprise there. pro board is a better place for this thread though.

JMU Newbill
August 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM
Better than being cut by a lawn mower blade......

too soon?

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
As the Sept. 5 deadline approaches, I suspect we'll be getting a lot of FCS "casualties."

Sorry he didn't catch on, but he should get a shot somewhere else.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Certainly wasn't because of his speed.

ericsaid
August 31st, 2009, 01:12 PM
He can't catch and he's afraid to get hit according to the news from down there.

appirishmen
August 31st, 2009, 01:16 PM
it was expected. they gave him plenty of shots but he couldnt take the hits and couldnt hold onto the ball. o well. maybe someone will need him....jets maybe?

Touchdown Yosef
August 31st, 2009, 01:53 PM
it was expected. they gave him plenty of shots but he couldnt take the hits and couldnt hold onto the ball. o well. maybe someone will need him....jets maybe?

His best bet is that Al Davis falls in love with him (speed) and signs him. His best shot in the NFL was as a return man but he fumbles too much and is really overrated at that position anyway. I wish him the best buy my gut tells me he's done.

813Jag
August 31st, 2009, 01:59 PM
being hurt during the preseason doesn't help either. The other guys battling for that spot looked pretty good.

biggie
August 31st, 2009, 02:12 PM
Lions need him, maybe Hunter can talk them into it. Somebody would want to take a chance I'd think. There are a lot of bad teams that need help, that's for sure.

Hoyadestroya85
August 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Better than being cut by a lawn mower blade......

too soon?

Oh man, i almost died when i saw this.. xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx

JMU Newbill
September 1st, 2009, 06:11 AM
Oh man, i almost died when i saw this.. xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx

Every now and then I make a funny. Other times, I just seem like a DB.

smallcollegefbfan
September 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
His best bet is that Al Davis falls in love with him (speed) and signs him. His best shot in the NFL was as a return man but he fumbles too much and is really overrated at that position anyway. I wish him the best buy my gut tells me he's done.

Before the draft I felt his stock was all Michigan and 40-yard dash hype. I think he should have been a 5th-6th round pick and put on the practice squad for a year or two to develop. This is not a big shock and something I saw coming, albeit I thought it would come at the end of the year.

Hoyadestroya85
September 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Before the draft I felt his stock was all Michigan and 40-yard dash hype. I think he should have been a 5th-6th round pick and put on the practice squad for a year or two to develop. This is not a big shock and something I saw coming, albeit I thought it would come at the end of the year.

Completely agree.. he was a good player, but IMO a second round pick should be used for a player who is ready to contribute right away. The Giants ran into the same problem with Sinorice Moss. A guy with dazzling speed, but he doesn't do anything well enough for it to translate onto a football field. Ashley Lelie was the same way. I would much rather have a football player who runs a 4.6 than an athlete who runs a 4.2. It's a shame that some coaches don't look for football players or else more FCS guys would be drafted.

813Jag
September 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Completely agree.. he was a good player, but IMO a second round pick should be used for a player who is ready to contribute right away. The Giants ran into the same problem with Sinorice Moss. A guy with dazzling speed, but he doesn't do anything well enough for it to translate onto a football field. Ashley Lelie was the same way. I would much rather have a football player who runs a 4.6 than an athlete who runs a 4.2. It's a shame that some coaches don't look for football players or else more FCS guys would be drafted.
the only difference was Lelie could actually be counted on to make a few plays down the field and got some starts. Jackson just couldn't get physical they way the coaches wanted him to be. Once they put that "scared" label on him it was over.

Hoyadestroya85
September 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
True.. I think he'd be a better fit for the CFL where press coverage is damn near impossible. Imagine how dangerous he could be with a running start.