PDA

View Full Version : App/Furman game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

catamount man
December 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Because even if FU scores, they have to kick the PAT. Not a given for the Paladins given the way Beckler has performed. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:14 PM
This is the most unlikely of scenarios. It's as if the handicappers who favored us by six points knew this was all going to happen.

D E F E N S E

Hansel
December 10th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Big Chance for Ingle to make a legend of himself here

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:16 PM
pick that off

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Oh I get it, there is essentialy no way a 5 point lead can offer an advantage over a 4 point lead...

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Oh I get it, there is essentialy no way a 5 point lead can offer an advantage over a 4 point lead...
took me a minute too

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Furman should let them score ASAP if they want to win. Furman is notorious for making quick last minute winning drives.

Looks like another great game for IAA on TV - I just wish Richie Williams wasn't out.

The announcers said they have done this 4 times this season, and they nearly did it against us in Statesboro. And right now their O is rolling. How the heck does Furman always seem to be able to do this on do-or-die drives?

Hansel
First Down? does Furman get their TO back?

ButlerGSU
Wow, he got it!

Hansel
December 10th, 2005, 02:19 PM
nice to see Martin cover the ball up while he is running (Elder take note)

ButlerGSU
Way to go Pringle! Jeez, I love I-AA football!

GaSouthern
I am so glad my team is not playing I would be sooooooo stressed right now

blackfordpu

I don't get this thinking either. 6 points is really no better than 5. You have to think the chances of blocking an extra point are really low.

Bulldog87
Lamb will not be able to sleep tonight if FU loses this game. How many times will this guy make terrible decisions vs ASU? Great game and to the ASU folks beautiful setting for a game. Maybe someday there'll be an ASU vs SCSU series. Orangeburg is only a little more than a hour from Charleston and 15 minutes from Santee home of the best lLargemouth Bass fishing on the USA.

Hansel
WOW, congrats Apps

blackfordpu
MARTIN FUMBLES AND APP ST. RECOVERS.

GAME OVER FOLKS!

FCS_pwns_FBS
:doh:

UN-BE-LEAVABLE: Another unbelievable finish in this series.

ButlerGSU
Spoke too soon, Pringle pulled the gun out again and fired on his own foot.

GaSouthern
December 10th, 2005, 02:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA INGLE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HiHiYikas
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hansel
FU missed an XP earlier

GaSouthern
WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOO APPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ButlerGSU
Where is Ralph??? How does UNI stack up against ASU?

blukeys
I thought Martin's arm was going forward.

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Congrats to App State. Good luck in Chatty against UNI! :)

HiHiYikas
what did I say about the HUGE play?

BestOfBreed
Arm was clearly going forward on the replay. Refs blew that one.

HiHiYikas
I already have tix on row 1 in Chatty

thirdgendin
Unbelievable.

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I thought Martin's arm was going forward.

His arm was cocked back but not going forward when the ball was knocked out. He didn't start his throwing motion until after the ball was gone.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:22 PM
don't matter if the ball was not going forward, but is most certainly was not

catamount man
December 10th, 2005, 02:23 PM
What the hell is Bobby Lamb doing?! Take it like a man. There's no replay in I-AA. No offense Furman fans, but that was ALL Ingle Martin. App.State is our rival, but I am happy for Jerry Moore who is a hell of a coach and man. Good luck and win it for the SoCon and yourselves. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ButlerGSU
Oh man, ESPN is absolutely retarded. Ingles arm was moving forward. What are they talking about?????

HiHiYikas
And I thought "man, you can't end a career in a worse way than Barrick Nealy" way to reset the bar, Ingle.

JMU Duke Dog
App State students already getting onto the field to celebrate.

DB_Atlantic10
December 10th, 2005, 02:24 PM
The Furman coach needs a good..... :asswhip:

Maverick
Sounds like the NFL with New England a few years ago!!

JMU Duke Dog
With graduation and beating rival Furman today to advance to Chattanooga, Boone will be a party town tonight!

GaSouthern
BOTH GOALPOAST FALL

HiHiYikas
AND DOWN GO THE GOALPOSTS

ButlerGSU
December 10th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Move your buses Furman!!!!!

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Sounds like the NFL with New England a few years ago!!

but the refs made the correct call in this situation.

blukeys
December 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Congratulations ASU. Great win and an immensely entertaining game.

ButlerGSU
December 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I think I hate Basketball so much because it absolutely takes over after football. Theres like 12 games on right now.

Maverick
December 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I didn't say that they did make the right call!! But blackfordpu is right!!!

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks Furman, for a great game. You played us better than any team in the playoffs so far, and held us to our narrowest margin of victory of the season.

Tough way to end it for Ingle, but the guy is a top notch athlete and I hope to see him at least punting in the NFL.

Mountaineer
December 10th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Wow..one hell of a game.

I was shaking the whole second half watching the momentum swing back and forth. I really though Furman was gonna put it away but the Apps didn't give up. :bow: :bow:

ButlerGSU
December 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM
How does UNI stack up against ASU?

Bulldog87
December 10th, 2005, 02:30 PM
APP STATE 2 QB's from SC. Williams a Payton award candidate and Elder undefeated as a HS starter 30 minutes from Furman. Bad recruting job by all SC schools to let both these kids cross the border. ASU's QB spot looks good for the next couple of seasons. Hope Williams injury isn't career ending and he can get a pro shot. Great game. Good luck to the Mountaineers next week.

Catmendue2
:rolleyes: Dumb coaching! And folks talk here about dumb coaching all the dayum time

Tod
Congrats ASU and fans. Heck of a game. Good luck in the NC game! :) :) :)

FU5454
December 10th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Congratulations to the Apps. Beat UNI!

Maverick
December 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The two games today show why the I-AA way is the best. There is no higher quality entertainment than what these two games displayed. Congratulations to all four teams for their efforts today. I'd like to see some of those fine 6-5 teams in the bowl games show half as much effort!!

Good Luck to the Mountaineers and the Panthers in Chatty!!!

DB_Atlantic10
December 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
How does UNI stack up against ASU? They don't....

AppStateSVX
December 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
WHOO!!! GO APP!!! THAT GAME WAS AMAZING!!! the goalpost is now in Duck Pond by they way!!!!!

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

ANY MORE OF THIS FROM YOU AND YOUR PERMISSIONS TO POST ON THE DISCUSSION BOARD WILL BE REVOKED.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Great game ASU!

December 10th, 2005, 03:46 PM
They don't....That's a very informed point of view. :rolleyes:

Panic
December 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Great game by both teams, see all you App fans in Chattanooga on Friday!!

FU5454
December 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Congratulations Appys. Beat UNI!

Richie Williams is a great player

Kevin Richardson is a very good RB

Trey Elder has a very bright future for the Apps - hopefully starting with a National Championship

Apps OL played very very well. They are good!

Jerry Moore & Staff do a fantastic job of getting their team ready to play and of game-day coaching.

Ingle Martin is a great player

Jerome Felton is a very good RB

Bobby Lamb & Staff do a fantastic job of getting their team ready to play and of game-day coaching.

NCAA Division I-AA Football Playoffs are FAN-TASTIC!

ASU Kep.....wise words from an old ball-coach "Act like you've been there before" .....even if you haven't.

Panic
December 10th, 2005, 03:49 PM
No need to talk trash to Furman, they played a great game. Congratulations on a great season Furman, I look forward to seeing more Furman/App games in the future.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Good job there Kep. So, while not a single Furman fan had the gonads to call you a queer to your face, just how many of them did you manage to call pussy or invite for some oral copulation? You know, nose to nose, instead of on a message board.
Kep's jacked-uppedness is in poor taste, but somewhat understandable. I was among the field-rushers in 2002 and 2004 when we beat Furman at KBS, and, in the heat of those moments, I was capable of saying some terrible things to Furman fans.

Intense rivalries make us mean people.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

LAST CHANCE

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
FU5454, you are clearly a very classy guy, and your compliments are much appreciated by this fan.

I must contest 2 of your comments, however. Kevin Richardson is a good running back. I'm pretty sure Jerry Richardson is the owner of the Carolina Panthers :smiley_wi . And Felton isn't a very good RB...he's very, very, very, very good. I hope to see that kid in the NFL one day.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Kep's jacked-uppedness is in poor taste, but somewhat understandable. I was among the field-rushers in 2002 and 2004 when we beat Furman at KBS, and, in the heat of those moments, I was capable of saying some terrible things to Furman fans.

Intense rivalries make us mean people.

I have a hard time finding that understandable in any way .

FU5454
December 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM
FU5454, you are clearly a very classy guy, and your compliments are much appreciated by this fan.

I must contest 2 of your comments, however. Kevin Richardson is a good running back. I'm pretty sure Jerry Richardson is the owner of the Carolina Panthers :smiley_wi . And Felton isn't a very good RB...he's very, very, very, very good. I hope to see that kid in the NFL one day.

My bad on the name. Sorry. He deserves to be called by the right name. I'll edit my post. Now, like I said....BEAT UNI! GO SoCON!

catamount man

At least you'll claim to confront a man face to face. That's more than I can say for some of your fellow ASU fans who felt they were big men by constantly talking crap to me BEHIND MY BACK all the way to my car leaving KBS one month ago. I guess he was trying to impress his girlfriend. :rolleyes: Good luck next week against UNI. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU Kep
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

ANY MORE OF THIS FROM YOU AND YOUR PERMISSIONS TO POST ON THE DISCUSSION BOARD WILL BE REVOKED.

Sorry. I'll shut up now. I was just intensely pissed off at SOME fans, and I shouldn't have expressed it like I did. Won't happen again ralph. I was just PISSED.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry. I'll shut up now. I was just intensely pissed off at SOME fans, and I shouldn't have expressed it like I did. Won't happen again ralph. I was just PISSED.

Much respect to the Furman players, and the Furman fans who went there solely to cheer on their team. Ya'll are a great team, I wish we could have met in the finals.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I have a hard time finding that understandable in any way .
I wish I could say that myself. But I've worn a Yankees hat at Fenway Park, and I've hear worse smack than anything Kep said (heard it online in chatrooms, too). Maybe "understandable" isn't the best word to use.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM
OK, OK, my posts were in bad taste. I agree wholeheartedly. I was going to edit them, but they were already deleted. The vast majority of Furman fans are great, and they have a great team, one they should be proud of. But when I went over there and was called a bunch of names, I waited outside the gates for the people who said it...and nobody quite wanted to own up. THATS what I was talking about. Not Furman fans as a whole, the Furman team, or anything. Sorry, I was pissed. Congrats on a great season. I really mean that.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Congratulations Appys. Beat UNI!

Richie Williams is a great player

Kevin Richardson is a very good RB

Trey Elder has a very bright future for the Apps - hopefully starting with a National Championship

Apps OL played very very well. They are good!

Jerry Moore & Staff do a fantastic job of getting their team ready to play and of game-day coaching.

Ingle Martin is a great player

Jerome Felton is a very good RB

Bobby Lamb & Staff do a fantastic job of getting their team ready to play and of game-day coaching.

NCAA Division I-AA Football Playoffs are FAN-TASTIC!

ASU Kep.....wise words from an old ball-coach "Act like you've been there before" .....even if you haven't.

I agree. I was out of line. Thanks for the words. Ya'll are a great team.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM
The irony of Kep going on his rant about FU fans not saying anything to his face, when he is insulting numerous FU fans on this message board that obviously were not at the game is rich.

Understandable is not the right word. Perhaps tommorow when he sobers up, his anger will subside and his intellect will return.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:21 PM
The irony of Kep going on his rant about FU fans not saying anything to his face, when he is insulting numerous FU fans on this message board that obviously were not at the game is rich.

Understandable is not the right word. Perhaps tommorow when he sobers up, his anger will subside and his intellect will return.

Yes, I understand the irony and realize that I took my anger out in the wrong place. I'm only here right now to apologize. I was wrong in what I said, I'm sorry. I don't need to sober up to realize that. I just hope people realize that my post earlier was made in a rush of emotion. I have a ton of respect for Furman, with the exception of a few fans at the end of the game. I don't think I've gotten into the whole story, and I don't have to. I'm elated that the Mountaineers are in the NC, but would really like to take back my comments. I'm not all that drunk, I was just pissed. I hope Furman fans can forgive me.

Rick C
December 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM

Kep, I think you're probably too awash in the glow of surrogate victory and/or liquid refreshment to reason well at this point. But this is a bit much. Let me try to parse this muddle.

From your earlier, now-deleted post, it appears that you a) blame Furman's team for causing Richie's injury, b) are angry because a Furman fan had a sign you didn't like, and c) are angry because no Furman fan called you a queer after the game.

You then "downgraded" the post by saying that you weren't angry at the team or the school, but instead at ALL Furman fans who attended the game. I assume that means that you are no longer blaming Furman's team for Richie's injury. However, since you are angry at ALL Furman fans at the game, does that mean that ALL Furman fans had signs that you didn't like? Or that you are angry because you encountered ALL Furman fans after the game and NONE of them would call you a queer?

Now you say that Furman fans talked [trash] but wouldn't say anything to you when you confronted them face-to-face. So I guess the trash talking was not face-to-face. Which brings us back to that pesky sign again.

Finally, you have now said that Furman is a bitch school So I guess you are mad at Furman again, despite your earlier "downgrading".

Kep, I'm assuming that you're a student. Maybe, then, you should study on this fact - at the end of the game, when the guys who actually played were on the field together, do you think they were talking trash? I wasn't at KBS, but I bet that even after bashing each other for three hours, they treated each other with a lot of respect after the game was over. Bad losers are irritating, but bad winners are universally despised.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I'm an emotional person.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Kep, I think you're probably too awash in the glow of surrogate victory and/or liquid refreshment to reason well at this point. But this is a bit much. Let me try to parse this muddle.

From your earlier, now-deleted post, it appears that you a) blame Furman's team for causing Richie's injury, b) are angry because a Furman fan had a sign you didn't like, and c) are angry because no Furman fan called you a queer after the game.

You then "downgraded" the post by saying that you weren't angry at the team or the school, but instead at ALL Furman fans who attended the game. I assume that means that you are no longer blaming Furman's team for Richie's injury. However, since you are angry at ALL Furman fans at the game, does that mean that ALL Furman fans had signs that you didn't like? Or that you are angry because you encountered ALL Furman fans after the game and NONE of them would call you a queer?

Now you say that Furman fans talked [trash] but wouldn't say anything to you when you confronted them face-to-face. So I guess the trash talking was not face-to-face. Which brings us back to that pesky sign again.

Finally, you have now said that Furman is a bitch school So I guess you are mad at Furman again, despite your earlier "downgrading".

Kep, I'm assuming that you're a student. Maybe, then, you should study on this fact - at the end of the game, when the guys who actually played were on the field together, do you think they were talking trash? I wasn't at KBS, but I bet that even after bashing each other for three hours, they treated each other with a lot of respect after the game was over. Bad losers are irritating, but bad winners are universally despised.

I agree, and I'd like to apologize again. When I was coming up to the East gates after rushing the fields, a Furman fan threw a cup down that hit me in the face. I had no idea who it was, and handled the situation wrong. Obviously, no Furman fans on here were the culprit. I said things I shouldn't have (obviously). I'm sorry, and not just cuz ralph is on my ass. I really am.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
My comments do NOT represent ASU!

I embarassed myself...those two posts are unclassy, and uncalled for. I've gotta go, but I hope if you cannot completely forget those posts, please remember that I at least recognize how dumb they were. Ya'll had a great season, and either team could have won that game, obviously. Please accept my apologies. It's terrific that two great SOCON teams met in the semi's. Best of luck to you guys. If I can say/do anything to negate those posts, please let me know. It was stupid of me. Both of our fans, overall, have great class. I did not exhibit that class in those posts. :(

I remember being at Paladin Stadium earlier this year, heartbroken, like I'm sure many of you Paladin fans are now. As I was leaving, THREE Furman fans came up to me and told me how great of a game it was, and how App was a great team. I wish I could have exhibited the same class.

asumatt
December 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM
After the goal posts were torn down, one ended up in duck pond, and the other was torn in two and seperated through downtown. While this was occuring, the one goalpost still left in tact was carried to a small residential road that seperates the college from the town of boone. One piece of the seperated goalpost made it to the dorm section of campus where police began pepperspraying, and "sicking" the dogs on college students. I have my tix for the NC game and a hotel room. I can't wait.

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM
How does UNI stack up against ASU?

You mean vs ASU with its 1st string QB out for the season as well as their leading receiver?

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM
You mean vs ASU with its 1st string QB out for the season as well as their leading receiver?
unfortunately, that's the only ASU we have right now.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM
After the goal posts were torn down, one ended up in duck pond, and the other was torn in two and seperated through downtown. While this was occuring, the one goalpost still left in tact was carried to a small residential road that seperates the college from the town of boone. One piece of the seperated goalpost made it to the dorm section of campus where police began pepperspraying, and "sicking" the dogs on college students. I have my tix for the NC game and a hotel room. I can't wait.

Holy s--t! They released dogs on students? Now THAT is bulls--t.

Rick C
December 10th, 2005, 04:54 PM
My comments do NOT represent ASU!

I embarassed myself...those two posts are unclassy, and uncalled for. I've gotta go, but I hope if you cannot completely forget those posts, please remember that I at least recognize how dumb they were. Ya'll had a great season, and either team could have won that game, obviously. Please accept my apologies. It's terrific that two great SOCON teams met in the semi's. Best of luck to you guys. If I can say/do anything to negate those posts, please let me know. It was stupid of me. Both of our fans, overall, have great class. I did not exhibit that class in those posts. :(

Fair enough, Kep. I can certainly understand why being hit in the face with a drink would make you angry. It would be interesting to know why the person threw the drink. Whoever it was probably felt provoked about something too - not that it is an excuse. It's amazing how one bad act can eventually snowball into lots of bad acts. I just wish we could all cheer loudly for our teams without denigrating the other teams and the fans of the other teams.

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Williams has a right ankle sprain but is available to play, if needed
Last word was that it was NOT a sprain. Tendon injury instead.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Last word was that it was NOT a sprain. Tendon injury instead.

Is that good/bad news?

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Is that good/bad news?

If the x-rays, ultrasounds, etc show it is indeed a tendon, he'll be out for quite awhile. Since the season only lasts until next Friday, that's it. I just hope he's OK for the all-star game he has been mentioned for.

In short, strains involve muscles, sprains involve ligaments, and a damaged tendon is worse than either of those two in the vast majority of cases. You know tendons connect bones to bones. Ligaments connect muscles to bones.

AppIAA
December 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Holy s--t! They released dogs on students? Now THAT is bulls--t.

Yeah they were.. i actually saw a girl get thrown on the police car and handcuffed while a k-9 unit is attacking her, and then her boyfriend came up and was saying she didnt do n e thing, and they threw him on the car as well.. I also saw an officer aming a tazer into the crowd... However, the police, i thought, had all right to do it... the students were being complete drunken morons and egging the police on.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah they were.. i actually saw a girl get thrown on the police car and handcuffed while a k-9 unit is attacking her, and then her boyfriend came up and was saying she didnt do n e thing, and they threw him on the car as well.. I also saw an officer aming a tazer into the crowd... However, the police, i thought, had all right to do it... the students were being complete drunken morons and egging the police on.

By running the goalposts through campus? It's not like they were hurting anybody. I'm just glad I wasn't there, better to be an idiot on AGS then to the police. Good God, if my girlfriend was attacked by DOGS, those cops would of had a serious situation on their hand. Thats total bulls--t, and even though I usually have the utmost respect for policemen (unlike most other college students) I have to say that they were completely out of line. If what you said was accurate and a girl was attacked by dogs, theres gonna be a s--tstorm in Boone. I realize it's ironic after my earlier posts, but do these people know the meaning of restraint? I continue to respect the good cops that protect the citizens of this country, but I cannot honestly say I have much for Boone's "finest" right now. Sicking a DOG on a GIRL? How big of pansy's are these cops? Disgraceful.

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
In the meantime, I will exercise my newfound "restraint" and wait for confirmation of your story...attacking a GIRL with DOGS is something I don't think any man can respect. And that opinion comes from the heart.

AppStateSVX
December 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I was in the mob with everyone after the game, I rode the goal post down to duck pond, and it was insane I heard about the dogs and stuff, but i'm not too sure about their acuracy. I saw the mob come back from wherever with part of the goalpost and they brought it back to KBS. It was just pure insanity after the game, but for the most part, things were decently in control.

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
By running the goalposts through campus? It's not like they were hurting anybody. I'm just glad I wasn't there, better to be an idiot on AGS then to the police. Good God, if my girlfriend was attacked by DOGS, those cops would of had a serious situation on their hand. Thats total bulls--t, and even though I usually have the utmost respect for policemen (unlike most other college students) I have to say that they were completely out of line. If what you said was accurate and a girl was attacked by dogs, theres gonna be a s--tstorm in Boone. I realize it's ironic after my earlier posts, but do these people know the meaning of restraint? I continue to respect the good cops that protect the citizens of this country, but I cannot honestly say I have much for Boone's "finest" right now. Sicking a DOG on a GIRL? How big of pansy's are these cops? Disgraceful.
What the hell are doing tearing taxpayers' property anyway?????

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Fair enough, Kep. I can certainly understand why being hit in the face with a drink would make you angry. It would be interesting to know why the person threw the drink. Whoever it was probably felt provoked about something too - not that it is an excuse. It's amazing how one bad act can eventually snowball into lots of bad acts. I just wish we could all cheer loudly for our teams without denigrating the other teams and the fans of the other teams.

Dittos to that!

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 06:51 PM
In the meantime, I will exercise my newfound "restraint" and wait for confirmation of your story...attacking a GIRL with DOGS is something I don't think any man can respect. And that opinion comes from the heart.
Yeah, I always thought Bonnie of Bonnie and Clyde fame got a raw deal, too. xlolx

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 07:15 PM
What the hell are doing tearing taxpayers' property anyway?????

Oh gimme a break, how much do goalposts cost? And it's not like the University didn't support it. Check out appstate.edu, theres a picture of the goalpost in the water and students (including ME!) in Duck Pond. Celebrating after the biggest game in school history is not a bad thing. Pansy cops attacking GIRLS with DOGS is. I think anybody that would sick a dog on a girl is piece of s--t, but maybe thats just how I was raised. I'm sure those cops are feeling real f'ing big about themselves right now. Losers.

LarryBoy
December 10th, 2005, 07:22 PM
That was a long, long trip back to Furman. I fought sickness and fever during the game, and moreso on the way back.

Heck of a game by both teams. Furman showed a lot of heart during the first half, App did in the second half. From what I can see, the teams are even--App won the game that counted most, though.

My thoughts--

Trey Elder was spectacular, given the situation he was put in. Now if you can teach the guy how to carry a football, you'll be set.

Great game by both O-lines. Were there any sacks? Well, not counting that last play...

On the replay, I thought Ingle's arm was moving forward, but in real-time, I thought it was a legit fumble. That's what the refs had to work with, and I won't be one to call it a bad call.

IF, IF, IF....'tis a game of ifs. What if Ingle hadn't slipped on that icy/slick spot while heading for the endzone? What if the sun weren't in his eyes on the 4th down trick play pass? (I was right behind him, and I lost the ball in the sun, too)

But that goes both ways. App lost two or maybe three scores to fumbles. That's how it goes.

Congrats to App. I'm not sure if I'll pull for you or not in the NC (I'm not sure I will even be able to stomach watching the game), but your team has my respect. And the same goes for the many, many classy App fans. To the many who seemed intent on making life hell for anyone wearing purple (including the dudes that flicked us off on the highway 50 miles outside of Boone), I'm embarrassed for you, as well as any disrespectful Furman fans.

Oh, and I also hate Kidd Brewer...you guys have some sort of anti-Furman Voodoo thing going on there. Alas, we still have our demons to destory.

Great game--until next time!

catamount man
December 10th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I have the site pulled up Kep. Which one is you? GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I was closest to the bottom. Close-up pics HOPEFULLY to come (which would immediately find their way into my signature :D) as long as the guy emails me. I still can't believe I went into into Duck Pond. It was FREEZING, and the crappy thing is I was smart enough to ditch my cell phone and keys before I jumped in but afterwards I grabbed my jacked and forgot about em. I made it all the way to my truck (freezing my ass off) before realizing that my keys and cell phone were still on the bank of the pond. Thank God nobody took em.

matfu
December 10th, 2005, 07:40 PM
...back from the game. when furman was up 23-21 at half, had the ball to open the 2nd half, and richie was out for the game, i thought we had you guys. like so many of our games this year, if we had gotten a TD in the 2nd half , we would have gone up by two scores and the game would have been over. the key was you all stopping us when we had first and goal at the 4
(including ingle slipping on 3rd down).

for you guys to score on the last drive and to win after richie went out, and to SHUT US OUT in the second half, i commend and congratulate you. Good luck in the championship game!

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I was closest to the bottom. Close-up pics HOPEFULLY to come (which would immediately find their way into my signature :D) as long as the guy emails me. I still can't believe I went into into Duck Pond. It was FREEZING, and the crappy thing is I was smart enough to ditch my cell phone and keys before I jumped in but afterwards I grabbed my jacked and forgot about em. I made it all the way to my truck (freezing my ass off) before realizing that my keys and cell phone were still on the bank of the pond. Thank God nobody took em.

On October 12, 2002, I'm sitting in section 6 with my family. Heart sinks when Furman goes up. After the botched 2-pt conversion/miracle on the mountain, all 4 women in my family, who could care less about football, are hysterical. I look over am my family and say "I will see you guys later, If I can find you," and dart onto the field through the South end zone. I did not jump in the pond, however.

I honestly do not remember how long I stayed with the posts, but I do know that, as I was coming back up stadium drive, right near Gardner and Coltrane Halls, I gave some guy with his arm out SUV window a high five. I hear a CLINK. My wedding band has flown off, into a sea of crazed students, down the hill. I think to myself "well, that's it - I can never go home again."

After a few moments, a young woman, a student, yells "hey, it this yours?" My ring is in her hand. I very nearly kissed her.

skinny_uncle
December 10th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Just offering my congrats to Appalachian State. I predicted you would get your revenge this week. I'm glad you proved me right.
:)

AppIAA
December 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM

she went up to the cop and flipped him off and said **** you to him.. and it wasnt a full on atack by the dog.. she was resisting somewhat (as mush as she could for a small girl struggling with two cops), and as they were putting the cuffs on her, the dog jump up and looked like bit her side. I honestly think it was more of a ploy to scare the "riot" of a crowd down howard street into leaving..

AppStateMan
December 10th, 2005, 11:21 PM
After the game I went up and talked to some guys working at Kidd Brewer who were trying to find leftover pieces to the goal posts. They said Coach Moore needed at least one post to practice with…..never really thought about that.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 11:38 PM
After the game I went up and talked to some guys working at Kidd Brewer who were trying to find leftover pieces to the goal posts. They said Coach Moore needed at least one post to practice with…..never really thought about that.
steal a set from Watauga HS.

AppStateSVX
December 11th, 2005, 12:41 AM

we brought a piece of it back, it's in the middle of the field......... :hurray: :beerchug: xprost2x :hyped: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Appdad
December 11th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Rick C posted:
at the end of the game, when the guys who actually played were on the field together, do you think they were talking trash? I wasn't at KBS, but I bet that even after bashing each other for three hours, they treated each other with a lot of respect after the game was over.

You are correct. They were treating each other with respect during the game as well. Very little talking going on from what I hear.

Congratulations to ASU and to Furman. What a great effort by both teams.

jbuggASU
December 11th, 2005, 01:01 AM
The best game I have ever attended, that is all. Respect goes out to the paladins for a great game!

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 01:37 AM

Having drunken students steer a goal post is never a good idea (see GaSouthern). They would still be carrying that thing right now if the cops hadn't stopped them.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Oh gimme a break, how much do goalposts cost? And it's not like the University didn't support it. Check out appstate.edu, theres a picture of the goalpost in the water and students (including ME!) in Duck Pond. Celebrating after the biggest game in school history is not a bad thing. Pansy cops attacking GIRLS with DOGS is. I think anybody that would sick a dog on a girl is piece of s--t, but maybe thats just how I was raised. I'm sure those cops are feeling real f'ing big about themselves right now. Losers.
1. We are still getting grief for the posts through GSU's f'n bus. It was even mentioned during one of the TV broadcasts this year.
2. We now have NO goalposts for Rauch to practice with since the former practice field was turned into a baseball field a few years ago.
3. I like celebration, but why the hell did we have to tear down several thousand dollars worth of COLLAPSIBLE goal posts (labor, etc)????
4. Most crowds have the common sense to at least leave ONE set standing.
5. Still sufferning from bad PR for the students pissing in the woods during the GSU game THIS year.

F'n drunks!!

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 01:50 AM
That was a long, long trip back to Furman. I fought sickness and fever during the game, and moreso on the way back.

Heck of a game by both teams. Furman showed a lot of heart during the first half, App did in the second half. From what I can see, the teams are even--App won the game that counted most, though.

My thoughts--

Trey Elder was spectacular, given the situation he was put in. Now if you can teach the guy how to carry a football, you'll be set.

Great game by both O-lines. Were there any sacks? Well, not counting that last play...

On the replay, I thought Ingle's arm was moving forward, but in real-time, I thought it was a legit fumble. That's what the refs had to work with, and I won't be one to call it a bad call.

IF, IF, IF....'tis a game of ifs. What if Ingle hadn't slipped on that icy/slick spot while heading for the endzone? What if the sun weren't in his eyes on the 4th down trick play pass? (I was right behind him, and I lost the ball in the sun, too)

But that goes both ways. App lost two or maybe three scores to fumbles. That's how it goes.

Congrats to App. I'm not sure if I'll pull for you or not in the NC (I'm not sure I will even be able to stomach watching the game), but your team has my respect. And the same goes for the many, many classy App fans. To the many who seemed intent on making life hell for anyone wearing purple (including the dudes that flicked us off on the highway 50 miles outside of Boone), I'm embarrassed for you, as well as any disrespectful Furman fans.

Oh, and I also hate Kidd Brewer...you guys have some sort of anti-Furman Voodoo thing going on there. Alas, we still have our demons to destory.

Great game--until next time!

MOST ASU FANS PULLED FOR FURMAN DURING THEIR RUNS. But who cares whether Fur fans do likewise or not. Now if we could borrow Ingle, that would be a different story.

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2005, 01:57 AM
1. We are still getting grief for the posts through GSU's f'n bus. It was even mentioned during one of the TV broadcasts this year.
2. We now have NO goalposts for Rauch to practice with since the former practice field was turned into a baseball field a few years ago.
3. I like celebration, but why the hell did we have to tear down several thousand dollars worth of COLLAPSIBLE goal posts (labor, etc)????
5. Still sufferning from bad PR for the students pissing in the woods during the GSU game THIS year.

F'n drunks!!
At the very least, this ought to set the bar pretty high for when the posts get torn down again. We can't keep doing this every other year. Sooner or later, our fans are going to have to start acting like they've won a big game or two before. I know we've never won a semifinal game, but today's 2-post demolition didn't need to happen. And I know it's not just unrestrained jubilation. I was on the field when we tore down the posts on 10/12/02, and there were a lot of kids down there who just like tearing things up and being part of a mob.

Can Julian practice at Watauga HS? Can we borrow a set of their posts? Can't somebody over at Kerr-Scott hall throw something together that is the proper width and height?

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 05:50 AM

Can Julian practice at Watauga HS? Can we borrow a set of their posts? Can't somebody over at Kerr-Scott hall throw something together that is the proper width and height?

HHY, I totally agree about the "acting like we've been there before."

1. I believe the posts are differnt width for HS and College. I may be wrong.
2. They would have to be the fold down posts like we have to fit in KBS for them to fit in the Field Turf "slots.".
3. By the time this could done anyway, the practice week will be pretty much over.
4. Your idea abut Kerr-Scott is possibly the best answer. if someone is willing and properly compensated.

LarryBoy
December 11th, 2005, 09:43 AM
MOST ASU FANS PULLED FOR FURMAN DURING THEIR RUNS. But who cares whether Fur fans do likewise or not. Now if we could borrow Ingle, that would be a different story.

Yeah, I've made my decision on that one. Win one for the SoCon, App!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
The FU-ASU series has been so awesome lately (since 2001 or so) that I'm feeling like we might just drop to number 3 on both ASU and FU's rival list.

Bring home number 7 for the Socon, Apps.

GGASU
December 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM
At the very least, this ought to set the bar pretty high for when the posts get torn down again. We can't keep doing this every other year. Sooner or later?

When I went to Appalachian we tore the goal posts down twice.

1. After the ASU-Marshall(ranked #1) night game. Which was probably the best game witnessed at KBS until yesterday.

2. The other time was pretty funny, it was after Sid Bream slid in safe at home to give the Atlanta Braves their first NL pennant. I think we are the only University ever to break into their stadium and tear down the goal post and parade it around town after a professional baseball game.

FUwolfpacker
December 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
2. The other time was pretty funny, it was after Sid Bream slid in safe at home to give the Atlanta Braves their first NL pennant. I think we are the only University ever to break into their stadium and tear down the goal post and parade it around town after a professional baseball game.

Hahaha! That's awesome! :bow:

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I think that Cobb or Peacock will have a goalpost there on Monday

tralfangar
December 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I understand your disappointment about losing both goalposts, but we were actually told by a person of some authority (no names) that we could tear them down because it was the last game of the season. Everyone in Boone yesterday knew they were coming down if we won.

Would they have come down if it wasn't Furman? I don't know...but it was Furman and we did win a national semifinal game. And no, we can't act like we've been there before... because we haven't. Now if this happens again, and again and again, then yes we might have a problem. For now get over yourselves and let the fans (ie students) have our fun. We helped win that game, I guarantee it.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM

That money could have been spent much more wisely.
Vandalism SUX!!!

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I understand your disappointment about losing both goalposts, but we were actually told by a person of some authority (no names)
That person ought to be f'n fired. Don't care who he/she is.
That's my opinion.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I've made my decision on that one. Win one for the SoCon, App!

From this humble App ( xlolx ). THANKS!!

AppIAA
December 11th, 2005, 12:38 PM

I will place a bet that at least one was pre-ordered before the game as they knew they would be torn down if we won.

yosefcity
December 11th, 2005, 01:37 PM
The rest of the goalposts that are left should be cut up and resold as a fund raiser.

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2005, 01:47 PM

I'm glad I am just now finding out about this. If I had known that ASU tore down the goalposts to celebrate the birth of the most colossal string of postseason train-wrecks in baseball history, I think I would have gone to Carolina.

And don't hear me saying that yesterday's field rush was unjustified. No way have we ever been there before. On the other hand, I was at the Furman game in '04, which was a fantastic performance for Richie and another great win for ASU. Students wanted to tear the posts down that time, too; fortunately the posts were broken down before anything happened.

We have beaten Furman 5 times in a row now at home (and 6 of our last 7, dating back to 1994, and FYI, they no longer have a winning record against us at KBS). When it happens again in 2006 - I don't care if we're ranked 300th and Furman is #1 - when we beat Furman for the 6th time in a row in Boone, those goalposts better not go anywhere. Why? Because lately, beating Furman in Boone is just what we do.

Purple Knight
December 11th, 2005, 02:07 PM

Just opened the AGS. Were you sitting on the vistors side in front of the upstairs 'dugout'?

Purple Knight
December 11th, 2005, 02:20 PM

I don't believe being titled 'a student' should give you a license to violate public drunkeness and destruction of public property. Some people believe a natural disaster warrents a right to riot, destroy property and loot. Screwed up thinking period.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM

F'n drunks!!

Whatever. Yet again, the school obviously wasn't too pissed about it. It was the right thing to do. Sorry if we offended some fun-Nazi's in the crowd. When your school wins the biggest game in it's history, you take the goalposts down. It's the American way.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I don't believe being titled 'a student' should give you a license to violate public drunkeness and destruction of public property. Some people believe a natural disaster warrents a right to riot, destroy property and loot. Screwed up thinking period.

Public drunkeness? It's f--king football game, get a life. As for the "destruction of public property", apparently ASU was so pissed about it they feature pictures of students in the act. Maybe their just trying to get some leads.

...and as for the previous post, no, I was not sitting on the visitor's side.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM
...and as for the previous post, no, I was not sitting on the visitor's side.

Visitor's side? What's a visitor's side? :eyebrow:

:D For a minute there I thought this was anygivenfridaynight.com, talking about high school football.

Saint3333
December 11th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Watagua high has goal posts.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I think goal post need to come down in games like this it adds to the draw for the crowd, as well as represents what games like the one on Sat. are all about. The police attacking students the way they did downtown was terrible. It seemed to me that the police in this town are bored and just wanted to use some of the toys they own such as: tazers, pepper spray, and dogs that they otherwise never use. If anything it got worse when the police pulled this stuff out. People were in the end just trying to stand up for one another.

Appstate03
December 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Why in the Hell are tearing down the goalposts being talked about so much. We just won the biggest game in school history and in just a few days we will be playing for the National Championship. You guys are sitting here arguing with each other over why we should or should not have torn down the goalposts. Who cares?!?!?! Its over. Let's move on and start lfocusing on the matchup this Friday night. It is far more important than some stupid goalposts. :splat:

AppIAA
December 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Why in the Hell are tearing down the goalposts being talked about so much. We just won the biggest game in school history and in just a few days we will be playing for the National Championship. You guys are sitting here arguing with each other over why we should or should not have torn down the goalposts. Who cares?!?!?! Its over. Let's move on and start lfocusing on the matchup this Friday night. It is far more important than some stupid goalposts. :splat:

100% agreed... well said

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM
100% agreed... well said
There's not one person in these message boards who needs to focus on Chattanooga. We can play make-believe all we want, but none of us is taking the field for or against ASU or UNI. I could post phonebook listings in this thread for the next 80 hours, and it would have no impact whatsoever on either team or change the matchup in any way. I can arrive in Chattanooga thinking we are playing Northern Indiana, not knowing the names of any of the players, coaches, the school colors, or one thing about any of the games they have played this season, and it will not add or subtract one point from the scoreboard.

Julian Rauch is another story. Unlike the rest of us, he actually has to think about practicing football this week. It sounds like he doesn't have the equipment he needs to practice as a result of the celebration yesterday.

Of course, he's much, much too steady to need any more practice, right?

Hopefully, the posts will be replaced immediately and this will become a non-issue.

Appstate03
December 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
My point wasn't that we need to get ready for the game. It was that we need to focus on us as the App family and not fight with each other.
And I see your point but do you think there are no goalposts anywhere in Watauga County, or Ashe or Avery for that matter, where he can practice. My high school had portbale goalposts that the football team practiced on. I'm sure App has something similar, and if worst comes to worst, he can go to Watauga HS. Its not a big a deal as you are making it out to be.

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM
My point wasn't that we need to get ready for the game. It was that we need to focus on us as the App family and not fight with each other.
And I see your point but do you think there are no goalposts anywhere in Watauga County, or Ashe or Avery for that matter, where he can practice. My high school had portbale goalposts that the football team practiced on. I'm sure App has something similar, and if worst comes to worst, he can go to Watauga HS. Its not a big a deal as you are making it out to be.
I suggested Watauga HS earlier and was told that HS posts had different dimensions. Upon further review, high school, ncaa, and nfl goalposts are all 10' high and 18.5' wide. Watauga's might be shorter, but I guess they ought to work. Quick, somebody tell coach Moore.

http://www.sportsknowhow.com/football/field-dimensions/football-field-dimensions.html

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
it shouldn't be happening anyway except for a bunch of drunks.

Rauch and Rauch's back up will have to go, along with a center and a holder. Throw in some guys to chase down the FB's.
The game in Chatt will be on Field Turf. Watauga has no field turf.
Rauch needs to be with the team to practice KO coverage and returns as well.
Any minute thing that affects Rauch's confidence is "stoopid" at this point. One missed FG could be disastrous.
Keep in mind the players have a max of 20 hours per week to practice. (per NCAA guidelines)
We will also have to have the lights on at Watauga High.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM
There's not one person in these message boards who needs to focus on Chattanooga. We can play make-believe all we want, but none of us is taking the field for or against ASU or UNI. I could post phonebook listings in this thread for the next 80 hours, and it would have no impact whatsoever on either team or change the matchup in any way. I can arrive in Chattanooga thinking we are playing Northern Indiana, not knowing the names of any of the players, coaches, the school colors, or one thing about any of the games they have played this season, and it will not add or subtract one point from the scoreboard.

Julian Rauch is another story. Unlike the rest of us, he actually has to think about practicing football this week. It sounds like he doesn't have the equipment he needs to practice as a result of the celebration yesterday.

Of course, he's much, much too steady to need any more practice, right?

Hopefully, the posts will be replaced immediately and this will become a non-issue.

I agree 100%!!!

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM
100% agreed... well said
And we could win or lose by one f'n inch off of a FG or extra point. We've done it before.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I think goal post need to come down in games like this it adds to the draw for the crowd, as well as represents what games like the one on Sat. are all about. The police attacking students the way they did downtown was terrible. It seemed to me that the police in this town are bored and just wanted to use some of the toys they own such as: tazers, pepper spray, and dogs that they otherwise never use. If anything it got worse when the police pulled this stuff out. People were in the end just trying to stand up for one another.

So why the hell tear down BOTH goal posts?????
It's called self destruction!

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Visitor's side? What's a visitor's side? :eyebrow:

:D For a minute there I thought this was anygivenfridaynight.com, talking about high school football.

I don't sit on the EAST SIDE of KBS unless I absolutely have to. To me it's always going to be the visitor's side...until our team moves its bench over there.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Even tho you're obviously a Furmie, I have to agree with you.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Whatever. Yet again, the school obviously wasn't too pissed about it. It was the right thing to do. Sorry if we offended some fun-Nazi's in the crowd. When your school wins the biggest game in it's history, you take the goalposts down. It's the American way.

I say buy your own f'n goal posts and tear them in to smithereens.
Show some f'n class on the field.

asumatt
December 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I don't have anything to say on the matter about the goalposts, I can understand the argument from both sides. I am a student at app and happened to be sitting on the visitors side, in the sun where it was about ten degrees warmer. I just want to thank the football gods for one of the greatest miracles I have seen since 02. I am talking of course about the slip. If he doesn't fall, Furman wins that game. It was almost sad to see that end to the great football career of Inlge Martin... At least he can say he beat us once... Chattanooga here we come. Oh and Jermaine Little will be back next week.

tralfangar
December 11th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a septuple post.... :bang:

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Yah, I say we forget ALL about the whole "goalpost" matter. xlolx

blackfordpu
December 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM

Yah, yah. While your at it, why don't you say "being a visiting fan doesn't give you the right to hold up offensive signs (nowhere to be seen when your leaving), throw cups at my head, and spit on people (didn't happen to me, but I heard about it)." Then leave, come on here, and pretentd to be amazed at MY lack of sportsmanship. I was trashed when I made those posts yesterday, and I think I actually went TOO far outta my way to apologize for them. While I probably shouldn't have used the language, Furman fans had a lot less class yesterday than App fans. And why exactly are you so concerned about our goalposts? I mean damn, at least I-AA 2005 is an alumni.

DinoDex200
December 12th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Actually...he's an alumnus...alumni is the plural conjugation.

Sorry...just thought this thread needed the requisite "correcting grammar" post. It seems to be all it was missing. :beerchug:

Oh...and I think I-AA 2005 posted this...but I am pretty sure Jermaine Little will be ready to go for Friday being that he was questionable for this game. I could be wrong, but I know he could have gone if absolutely needed on Saturday.

EDIT: Thought I would put this quote here instead of a new post...doesn't appear Coach Moore is too worried about the Goal Post thing:

Goal posts down: Moore said it was "great " that the student body tore both goal posts down immediately after the game.
"I’ll probably get reprimanded for that, but things like that are what make college football special," he said.

Maybe he's just caught up in the moment too...but if anyone has learned to deal with this kind of thing, it's Coach Moore. It's not like we didn't have to practice right after the last 4 times we've had our posts down in the last 10 years!