Seawolves by 6
Hose by 1 xthumbsupx
Keydets by 7
Runnin' Bulldogs by 27

Pitz
August 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Kent State 38 - Coastal 7
WVU 52 - Liberty 13
Florida 72 - Charleston Southern 0 (Barely covers the spread!)
Hofstra 41 - Stony Brook 21
Furman 31 - Presby 16
VMI 28 - Robert Morris 14
Gardner Webb 45 - Mars Hill 14

jcmanson
August 27th, 2009, 01:49 PM
We’re not going to win, but we’re not going to give up 52 points.

kirkblitz
August 27th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Thursday September 3
Coastal @ Kent State 7:00

Coastal

Saturday September 5
Liberty @ West Virginia noon

WV

Charleston Southern @ Florida 7:00

UF

Stony Brook @ Hofstra 7:00

SB

Presby @ Furman 5:00

Presby

Robert Morris @ VMI 1:30

VMI

Mars Hill @ Gardner Webb 6:00

GW

xthumbsupx

wilddog96
August 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Kent State by 3
West Virginia by 10
Flordia by 59
Stony Brook by 10
Furman by 24
VMI by 10
Gardner Webb by 26

Seawolf97
August 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I hope all the seeing SBU get a win are right. It should be a good one and probably the end of the series. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NEXT WEEKxthumbsupx

g-webb1994
August 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Kent by 16
WVU by 14
UF by 56
Hofstra by 4
FU by 24
VMI by 3
G-W by 21

Redwyn
August 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I hope all the seeing SBU get a win are right. It should be a good one and probably the end of the series. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NEXT WEEKxthumbsupx

Is the rivalry not likely to be renewed? It would really benefit football visibility on LI to see Hofstra vs. Stony Brook continue to develop. My regret is Hofstra must consider this a push game because of our previous futility.

kdinva
August 28th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Thursday September 3

Saturday September 5

Kent St. 31; CCU 18
WVU 41; LU 20
Fla. 63; CSU 6
Hofstra 33; Stony Brook 28
Furman 37; Presby. 17
VMI 38; R. morris 13
Gar-Webb 44; Mars-Hill 13

SuperJon
August 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM
The 41-20 game is what I'm expecting and hoping for in Morgantown. I think it'll be a lot like our Wake Forest game a few years ago.

footballguy7
August 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hofstra will probably drop SBU in football like they did in Lacrosse. Embrassing.

Uncle Buck
August 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hofstra will probably drop SBU in football like they did in Lacrosse. Embrassing.

Not happy with it either, but there has been no indication that it will also happen for football. Though the SBU game in football is much better for them than for us. They have never beaten us if memory serves correct, so the win for them does more than the win for us, especially with recruiting on the island.

Seawolf97
August 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Is the rivalry not likely to be renewed? It would really benefit football visibility on LI to see Hofstra vs. Stony Brook continue to develop. My regret is Hofstra must consider this a push game because of our previous futility.

Just a hunch with both basketball and lacrosse games being dropped. I guess we will wait and see. Although we have Hofstra at home Tuesday night in mens soccer.

clinchBoy
August 29th, 2009, 03:04 AM
gwu by 16.

The Gadfly
September 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Kent St. 30; Coastal 13
WVU 34; LU 14
Gators 81; CSU 3
Hofstra 23; Stony Brook 10
Furman 27; PC 14
VMI 24; RMU 7
Gar-Webb 31; Mars-Hill 9

elcid83
September 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thursday September 3

Saturday September 5

I'll take PC in an upset. I don't believe it will happen, but, it's fun to talk about.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Hoseinexile07
September 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'll take it!

kirkblitz
September 2nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
yep i think presby has a shot as well, heres hoping!

IaaScribe
September 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Just a note that Harold Nichols shared on the Big South conference call yesterday -- Of the 105 players on Presby's roster, 61 are either redshirt freshmen or true freshmen. That's a young, young team, one that's not capable of going on the road and beating a moderately strong SoCon team.

OL FU
September 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Just a note that Harold Nichols shared on the Big South conference call yesterday -- Of the 105 players on Presby's roster, 61 are either redshirt freshmen or true freshmen. That's a young, young team, one that's not capable of going on the road and beating a moderately strong SoCon team.

Sometimes, most of the fun is before the gamexsmiley_wix

Tealblood
September 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM

but those aren't scholarship only up to 30 can be on scholarship that still leaves room for 40 or so soph.'s and upperclassmen

sounds like they are trying to low-ball it pretty good

OL FU
September 2nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
but those aren't scholarship only up to 30 can be on scholarship that still leaves room for 40 or so soph.'s and upperclassmen

sounds like they are trying to low-ball it pretty good

I am a believer that anything can happen. And yes it is possible for PC to beat Furman. but there are a heck of a lot more reasons to think that won't happen than it will.

gobluehose1
September 2nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
I am a believer that anything can happen. And yes it is possible for PC to beat Furman. but there are a heck of a lot more reasons to think that won't happen than it will.

Coach Nichols has already proven himself to be a notorious sandbagger....at the media he kept saying things like he just felt so lucky to even be on the field with some of our competition this year.....then there's the 65 Freshman comment...I think everyone is just used to Bentley the last two years saying crap

Don't be fooled by Nichols' rhetoric....he'll have a good gameplan that won't involve throwing the ball 60 times. Do I think we'll win? No. But anything can happen and I hope it will!

OL FU
September 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Coach Nichols has already proven himself to be a notorious sandbagger....at the media he kept saying things like he just felt so lucky to even be on the field with some of our competition this year.....then there's the 65 Freshman comment...I think everyone is just used to Bentley the last two years saying crap

Don't be fooled by Nichols' rhetoric....he'll have a good gameplan that won't involve throwing the ball 60 times. Do I think we'll win? No. But anything can happen and I hope it will!

I'm not fooled by his rhetoric. I think PC will play a valiant game. They could actually win, and no offense, but considering the talent levels, the two teams performance last year ( and FU's wasn't that good), history, Paladin Stadium, the difference in where the programs are historically, etc. there is simply little reason other than optimism or homerism to think that PC will pull off the upset.

Now as I said in a different thread, it could happen. Newberry beat us in '85 and that ended up being one of the best teams FU ever had. It could happen this year, but a reasoned looked at the two teams says it won't. But stranger things have happened especially during first games of the year.

OL FU
September 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM

And in case you think I am over confident, forget it. I sweat out every gamexnodx

g-webb1994
September 2nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Now as I said in a different thread, it could happen. Newberry beat us in '85 and that ended up being one of the best teams FU ever had.

Didn't Newberry kick a 50+ yard FG at the end to win it? Vague memories, all I remember is taking to my brothers on the phone that evening and they were both pissed and stunned.

OL FU
September 3rd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Didn't Newberry kick a 50+ yard FG at the end to win it? Vague memories, all I remember is taking to my brothers on the phone that evening and they were both pissed and stunned.

:p I try to forget. but yep you got it. xnodx

kdinva
September 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM
VMI 14; Rob. Morris 13.xsmhx,............it's an ugly of a "W" as any team will ever get. VMI with four possessions inside the RMU 25 with zero points. But, the final drive (all rushes) got VMI the lead, and the defense played pretty darn good about 80% of the time, but a 34-26 T.O.P. (in favor of RMU) won't cut it in the rest of the VMI schedule.

LOTS of work to be done in Lexington these next 13 days.xreadx

Seawolf97
September 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Time to leave for Hempstead and our meeting with Hofstraxpeacex