PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: 27 Fearless Predictions

CSN-info
August 27th, 2009, 08:20 AM
08-27-2009 07:27 AM

The CSN Way: 27 Fearless Predictions

By Chuck Burton, The CSN Way Columnist

http://media.timesdispatch.com/timesdispatch/gfx.php?max_width=300&imgfile=images/uploads/20090502_london.jpghttp://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/CSNWay.JPGPolls are out. Magazines are out. All-American teams are out. And everyone with a website and a dream are making picks about who’s going to win conference championships. It seems like everyone has an opinion as to how the entire FCS season is going to play out even before the first game - being played tomorrow, between Quincy (NAIA) and Indiana State - even kicks off.

But while the all-America teams make good reading material in August, and the magazines make for good reading for the few weeks of the season, there’s something missing. What’s lacking is a set of predictions so bold, so fearless, that the rest of FCS can only stand up and take notice. In other words, it’s my own set of 27 “Fearless Predictions” about the upcoming season. Believe them - or not - but rest assured they won’t be ordinary.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/08/27/the-csn-way-27-fearless-predictions?blog=5#more5474)

OL FU
August 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Fun readxthumbsupx

There are a few in there I hope you miss by a lot. xnodx:)

McNeese75
August 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM
19. McNeese State clinches the Southland championship before the final weekend. Hard to predict the Cowboys to go undefeated - despite the presence of running back Terrell Whitehead

xrolleyesx Interesting read but how do you get Terrell Whitehead out of Toddrick Pendland? xlolx

onbison09
August 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
We beat Central Michigan, not Eastern.

OhioHen
August 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Come on, Obama - save the world another day. You can do more than speak at the Army/Navy game: address a sold out “Florida Classic". You won’t regret it.

And he'd see a better game most years.

TexasTerror
August 27th, 2009, 10:07 AM
19. McNeese State clinches the Southland championship before the final weekend. Hard to predict the Cowboys to go undefeated - despite the presence of running back Terrell Whitehead

I thought Whitehead graduated! Don't tell me he's back or has a relative. I think he's the player that everyone around the league was most looking forward to no longer seeing across the field!

jmuroller
August 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Ummm....Don Brown doesn't coach for UMass anymore..might want to look into that.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
That was a good read! xthumbsupx

Unfortunately, with the Indiana State loss, he is probably wrong on #1 already!

Model Citizen
August 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
2. Jacksonville will make it very, very hard to deny them an at-large playoff bid.

San Diego, perhaps. Not Jacksonville.

McNeese75
August 28th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I thought Whitehead graduated! Don't tell me he's back or has a relative. I think he's the player that everyone around the league was most looking forward to no longer seeing across the field!

Steven is gone but there are three freshman RB's that will probably fill his loss pretty nicely over the next few years

SOCAL
August 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM
No.3------New Hampshire beat Army last year---there were 2 FCS wins over FBS teams

No.27---UMass---you have got to be kidding :D