PDA

View Full Version : Texas State's Second Scrimmage

CSN Log
August 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
08-22-2009 03:45 PM

Texas State's Second Scrimmage

Texas State head football coach Brad Wright is please with the progress of his defense this fall after watching his team complete their second scrimmage Saturday morning.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/08/22/texas-state-s-second-scrimmage?blog=2#more5436)

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Bobcat fans - what's the deal with your offense? Outside of the running game with Bush, are they able to get anything moving through the air? Any injuries right now plaguing that side of the ball...?

slycat
August 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Mishak has a minor injury.

This does not worry me one bit. The offense is stacked this year. Many second and third stringers are getting some playing time.

If anything this is the first time I've ever been pumped about our defense. They never seem to have good fall scrimmages.

I think the team will live up to its hype.

TexasTerror
August 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM
As you guys have said, the defense's ability to stop your offense may say more about the team's defense than anything.

I'm curious to see how your squad does against Angelo State. We've seen your program's struggles for the last few years against sub-Div I squads (including a loss in 2007 and a close call in both 2006 and 2008). Will this year hold the same?

slycat
August 30th, 2009, 12:17 PM
As you guys have said, the defense's ability to stop your offense may say more about the team's defense than anything.

I'm curious to see how your squad does against Angelo State. We've seen your program's struggles for the last few years against sub-Div I squads (including a loss in 2007 and a close call in both 2006 and 2008). Will this year hold the same?

I hope not. But Angelo St looked better then expected against TAMU-Commerce yesterday. That will help them shake all their early season jitters. Then again they have won their last 5 home openers.