PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern, UT-Martin Set To Resume Gridiron Series In 2010

CSN Log
August 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
08-20-2009 09:01 PM

Southeastern, UT-Martin Set To Resume Gridiron Series In 2010

HAMMOND – The Southeastern Louisiana University Department of Athletics and head football coach Mike Lucas announced Thursday that it has signed a home-and-home agreement to play the University of Tennessee at Martin beginning in the 2010 season.

Southeastern and UTM, which were rivals in the Gulf South Conference from 1974-76, will open the series on Sept. 11, 2010 in Strawberry Stadium. The Lions will return the trip to UTM, a member of the Ohio Valley Conference, in a Sept. 3, 2011 contest at Hardy M. Graham Stadium.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/08/20/southeastern-ut-martin-set-to-resume-gri-2010?blog=2#more5428)

GeauxLions94
August 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Nice OOC game for both teams xthumbsupx Hate that we're playing two non DI's at home (thanks Alcorn for the snub xnonono2x) with Ole Miss our FBS dance partner. Key game for us heading into Southland play will be at South Dakota on Sept. 26.

Would like the Lions to pick up some other quality OOC games against FCS opponents in the future (SoCon, MVC, CAA, Big Sky).

TexasTerror
August 20th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Is SLU still playing USM in '10?

Looking for SLU to have three FCS foes in '10. Come on GL94! Make it happen! Great series. Would like to see more SLC-OVC matchups. Glad Nicholls has Jax St. Figured more teams in the SLC would do JaxSt after they left.

lionsrking2
August 20th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Is SLU still playing USM in '10?

Looking for SLU to have three FCS foes in '10. Come on GL94! Make it happen! Great series. Would like to see more SLC-OVC matchups. Glad Nicholls has Jax St. Figured more teams in the SLC would do JaxSt after they left.

Yes, we're playing USM in 2010...other non-conference games are UL-Monroe, UT-Martin and Lamar.

TexasTerror
August 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Yes, we're playing USM in 2010...other non-conference games are UL-Monroe, UT-Martin and Lamar.

Funroe! xthumbsupx

Who is going to be the starting QB next year, if you had to make a guess? I hope Lamar gets roughed up a bit in their four SLC games next year. The faithful need to see the SLC is tough in Beaumont.

lionsrking2
August 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Funroe! xthumbsupx

Who is going to be the starting QB next year, if you had to make a guess? I hope Lamar gets roughed up a bit in their four SLC games next year. The faithful need to see the SLC is tough in Beaumont.

Hard to say right now who next year's starting QB will be...at present, my guess would be Tyler Beatty but redshirt freshman, B.J. Young, has been impressive and I'm sure there will be a good battle between them in the spring. Either way, I think we'll be in capable hands.

As for Lamar, I would expect them to be similar to our 2003 team...seems like they're following a similar path in building their roster.