PDA

View Full Version : Lamar to Play Six Home Games in 2010 Football Season

CSN Log
August 14th, 2009, 10:00 AM
08-14-2009 09:52 AM

Lamar to Play Six Home Games in 2010 Football Season

BEAUMONT, Texas – Lamar University completed its football schedule for 2010 Friday with the addition of Panhandle State as the Cardinals’ 11th opponent for the school’s first season of competition since 1989.

“We are certainly happy to finalize our schedule for what we believe will be a truly exciting season for our students and the entire community,” said Billy Tubbs, Lamar’s director of athletics. “We are particularly happy to have six home games and only five on the road.”

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/08/14/lamar-to-play-six-home-games-in-2010-foo?blog=2#more5389)

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Great schedule!

9-4...at McNeese State
9-11...WEBBER INTERNATIONAL
9-18...at Southeastern Louisiana
9-25...at Stephen F. Austin
10-2...SAM HOUSTON STATE
10-9...LANGSTON
10-16... SOUTH ALABAMA
10-30... at North Dakota
11-6 ... at Georgia State
11-13...SOUTH DAKOTA
11-20...OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE

4 SLC games
3 Sub-Div I games
8 Div I games (including two up-starts, South Alabama and Georgia State)

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Going to assume that home-and-home series with USD and UND could potentially spill into 2012 return games due to the Cardinals playing an eight-game slate of SLC games in 2011. Any of our USD, UND fans know anything about future schedules?

Have to think that South Alabama and Georgia State series will continue into 2011 since neither will be in a conference.

RabidRabbit
August 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Going to assume that home-and-home series with USD and UND could potentially spill into 2012 return games due to the Cardinals playing an eight-game slate of SLC games in 2011. Any of our USD, UND fans know anything about future schedules?

Have to think that South Alabama and Georgia State series will continue into 2011 since neither will be in a conference.

xconfusedxxconfusedx South Alabama has a team, or are they start up like GA St, and Lamar? xconfusedxxconfusedx

JSU02
August 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM
They both have a team, and are like GA St and Lamar in that the team is in its infancy.

RabidRabbit
August 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
They both have a team, and are like GA St and Lamar in that the team is in its infancy.

So South Alabama has a team. Are they playing FCS or straight to FBS & eventually Sunbelt?

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
xconfusedxxconfusedx South Alabama has a team, or are they start up like GA St, and Lamar? xconfusedxxconfusedx

South Alabama is playing an exhibition schedule this year against club, JV and sub-Div I teams. In 2010, they will be a first year program and will work their way up until 2013 - which I believe is their first year in the Sun Belt.

They have signed games with Georgia State and Lamar that we know. Which is great to see fellow start-ups looking out for each other. USA also has a few FBS games lined up, some of which include return games when they are FBS.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
FYI...

South Alabama just announced games against Lamar, UTSA and Georgia State!

Future Jaguar schedules... http://www.usajaguars.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8300&KEY=&SPID=12275&SPSID=99700

bandit
August 15th, 2009, 12:15 PM
FYI...

South Alabama just announced games against Lamar, UTSA and Georgia State!

Future Jaguar schedules... http://www.usajaguars.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8300&KEY=&SPID=12275&SPSID=99700

Wow... USA hasn't even played a down yet and they've already got home games with NC State, Mississippi State and Navy on the schedule in the coming years. Very impressive.

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
This should be interesting. No Georgia State vs Lamar according to the Panthers...

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=204786023

darell1976
September 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Great schedule!

9-4...at McNeese State
9-11...WEBBER INTERNATIONAL
9-18...at Southeastern Louisiana
9-25...at Stephen F. Austin
10-2...SAM HOUSTON STATE
10-9...LANGSTON
10-16... SOUTH ALABAMA
10-30... at North Dakota
11-6 ... at Georgia State
11-13...SOUTH DAKOTA
11-20...OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE

4 SLC games
3 Sub-Div I games
8 Div I games (including two up-starts, South Alabama and Georgia State)

I hope to attend this game!!

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
One Lamar fan said this must be a 'delay' on Georgia State's part. Not sure how it would be since they just did a huge announcement...

I just do not understand how Lamar announces a schedule. Georgia State follows suit and they do not match-up. These things are interesting...

Reminds me of a situation earlier this year, SHSU announced a schedule with Prairie View. PV announced one a few weeks later without SHSU. SHSU continually called PV and guess what? PV had dropped us without informing us! I do not think the AD or head football coach at PV ever returned calls to the Kats!

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I say the Cards possibly finish 4-7 the first year.

centexguy
September 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Lamar's roster is basically half scholarship players and half walk-on players until they sign another recruiting class. They range in size from 5-7 135 lbs to 6-6 372 lbs, and the range in talent is probably that large too. It's just good to see football players on campus for the first time in 20 years.

ChooChoo
September 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
At today's pep rally Coach Curry said that we have had Lamar on the schedule for a while but we have not received a contract from the school yet. So they were not on the unvieled schedule. Interesting to see that shakes out.

TexasTerror
September 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
At today's pep rally Coach Curry said that we have had Lamar on the schedule for a while but we have not received a contract from the school yet. So they were not on the unvieled schedule. Interesting to see that shakes out.

If true, this is mismanagement on the part of Lamar.Why would they announce a schedule out of Beaumont and not have properly handled the contract?

Do you have a quote on this one? Seems like Georgia State is leaving that possibility open with LU because the spot is open and I doubt they want just 10 games.

Not looking good, Cards...