PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best FCS QB you had seen play?

Pages : 1 [2]

ursus arctos horribilis
December 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Let me describe Appa this way...if you crossed Will Hunting with Tommy Boy you'd have an Appaholic.

ASU_Fanatic
December 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
That is sad. Not sad because of anything you've done but sad that Appa hasn't posted anything in a long enough period of time that could phrase could even be uttered.

He was a very entertaining poster. Dabbled in everything across the board and did so with an acumen for each category that few could match. He is also a good friend of many of ours that could take a joke and deliver one with vengence.

He was an all star in his day and truly one of the reasons I took to liking App so much. Without him on the boards the App fan base suffers as a whole. If he posted in a thread, you would go read it cuz it was gonna be good.xlolx

no way he was as good as citdog

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtacpNski-Q

ursus arctos horribilis
December 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM

You don't know what you missed brother. It would be akin to have citdog jabbing with an App citdog and it was highly entertaining. I would have said those things above citdog so you get the point.

You go find Appaholic in the member list and take a look at some work from 2008 and you will see what I mean and you will alos see where some of the pics and smack AGAINST citdog was formed. Appa was the first guy I remember putting up an all Citadel picture show that was rightly hilarious...including the VMI chick with a The Citadel guy in the headlock. They were worthy adversaries and still good friends.xthumbsupx

ASU_Fanatic
I want to meet this guy

ursus arctos horribilis
Anyway, sorry about diverting this thread. Back to the action.

CopperCat
December 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Erik Meyer

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
QFT... honestly... never try to post again. I've never read something as asinine in my life

Wait a minute, are you agreeing with me or carribean?

EKU Toss Sweep
December 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
The best I've seen on the field against EKU would be:

Dave Dickenson (Montana 1995)
Stan Humpheries (NE Louisiana 1987)
Tony Romo (Eastern Illinois 2000 - 2002)

Never beat any of them with the losses to Dickenson and Humperies coming in the playoffs. As for the best future NFL QB it was Phil Simms (Morehead). The Colonels never lost to Morehead in his 4 years there. No fault of Simms', he just little in the way of supporting cast at Morehead and they never let him throw the ball. Threw less than 200 passes his senior year if I remember correctly.

Grizo406
December 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
You don't know what you missed brother. It would be akin to have citdog jabbing with an App citdog and it was highly entertaining. I would have said those things above citdog so you get the point.

You go find Appaholic in the member list and take a look at some work from 2008 and you will see what I mean and you will alos see where some of the pics and smack AGAINST citdog was formed. Appa was the first guy I remember putting up an all Citadel picture show that was rightly hilarious...including the VMI chick with a The Citadel guy in the headlock. They were worthy adversaries and still good friends.xthumbsupx

This is one of the very few things I'll agree with Ursus on. He finally hit a game winner with his above quoted post!

I had the good fortune of spending a very fun evening with Appaholic in September. No homo intended here, but I fell in love with the guy! He's that charming, and fun to be around!

Not to sound shallow or hypocritical here, but I'd more than likely drop Appaholic like a hot potato for just five minutes with citdog...again, no homo.

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Dave Dickenson

HenZoneNation
December 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I never got to watch Komlo, Brunner, or Gannon in person. I have seen a lot of Gannon's games on DVD. It's clear he's the best athlete on the field but he lacked discipline. He'd make some incredible plays, and then make some others that left you scrating your head. I worked for the Giants for awhile and Brunner still attends the former player company games (companies rent out the practice facility and play flag football with former players). Brunner has to be in his 50's but still has a rocket for an arm. Just throwing ropes that were knocking dudes off their feet. None of these guys however, not Komlo, Brunner, Gannon, Hall, Flacco, or Devlin hold the all time passing yards in a game or for a career record at UD. Matt Nagy...didn't make the NFL like the others but the dude could throw.

Best UD QB I saw was Hall. He was the only true duel threat QB we ever had during the KC Keeler era.
Santos was a nightmare
AE was a once in a life time player...

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I think it's implied that the discussion here is about college QBs and not how QBs have played in the NFL where there is less variety in the offenses and QBs are discouraged from scrambling in any capacity.

true, but BlueBall made the backhanded remark about Flacco never making the SuperBowl (NFL game, not college) No true Delaware fan is going to take that without offering up some truths however painful about one of the greatest nationally obscure RB's whoooooooooops.... QB ever to play FCS football .... Armanti Edwards

appvette
December 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
true, but BlueBall made the backhanded remark about Flacco never making the SuperBowl (NFL game, not college) No true Delaware fan is going to take that without offering up some truths however painful about one of the greatest nationally obscure RB's whoooooooooops.... QB ever to play FCS football .... Armanti Edwards

Running back? 2009 stats:

Passing
Rating Comp Att % Yards TD INT
147.90 257 378 68.0 3,291 12 7

Rushing
Att Yards Avg TD
137 679 5.0 18

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Running back? 2009 stats:

Passing
Rating Comp Att % Yards TD INT
147.90 257 378 68.0 3,291 12 7

Rushing
Att Yards Avg TD
137 679 5.0 18

with 18 rushing TD's, would it be fair to label him a dual threat running back?

boonegoon
January 2nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
with 18 rushing TD's, would it be fair to label him a dual threat running back?

It's fair, but would you classify Darren McFadden a qb in college?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
QB is really, really easy to define. It is a set position played by an individual in an offense. The gentleman that plays that position is the QB whether he passes, runs, or whatever else. The better you can pass and run, the better QB that person will make normally.:D

ASUMountaineer
January 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
QB is really, really easy to define. It is a set position played by an individual in an offense. The gentleman that plays that position is the QB whether he passes, runs, or whatever else. The better you can pass and run, the better QB that person will make normally.:D

Unless you're caribbeanhen and can't accept the fact the UD's NFL-caliber QB got outplayed by a ASU's non-NFL-caliber QB.

TUTigers
January 3rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Only really see CAA games and only since 2003 so best I've personally seen are:

Ricky Santos - UNH
Joe Flacco - Delaware
Sean Schaefer - Towson
Liam Coen - UMass
Eric Ward- Richmond

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Unless you're caribbeanhen and can't accept the fact the UD's NFL-caliber QB got outplayed by a ASU's non-NFL-caliber QB.

I can accept that, Armanti really didn't have that great a game that night did he? not that he needed one, Appy had much more in the arsenal than Delaware.

HenZoneNation
January 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Appy State beat us soundly that day. They were a great team. There were some factors that I wish would have been different for sure. Between injuries and the travel we were pretty done before the game began.

AE was one of the best FCS players I have ever seen. Great player...he's not even in the same conversation as Joe Flacco as QB on any level. That's just the way it is. He never even got a look with the 1-15 Panthers and for the very same reason why Tebow didn't get a look last week with the Jets even though they had nothing to play for. They both excelled because they were great athletes, and on the college level you can play QB just by being the best athlete on the field. It's why you can run the option in college and not the pros. On the pro level, everybody is a great athlete and you'd get killed. This thread is about the FCS level, at this level he's in my top five, but below both Gannon and Flacco and for good reason.