PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jackson making some noise at bucs camp

DLS
August 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
found a few posts about dex's camp performance:

"11:50: After a break at practice, Dexter Jackson, one of the players clearly on the hot seat here, came up with the play of the day so far. Going against double coverage, rookie QB Josh Freeman hit Jackson on a 30-yard fade route at the goal line for a touchdown, much to the delight of the heavy and enthusiastic (albeit quite warm) crowd."

"Wide Receiver/Tight Ends - Antonio Bryant is on his game. I didn't really notice Winslow...... though Sammy Stroughter and Dexter freaking Jackson looked like they can be contributors. You heard right.... and I didn't stutter. Dexter..... Jackson. He made more high quality plays in the team drills than any of the other guys tonight. He deserves to make the team. As does Brian Clark, and maybe Kelly Campbell. Maurice Stovall might be S.O.L., unless he is deemed too invaluable on special teams. He doesn't look like a WR at all."

"Five Stars of the Practice

#5 - Sammy Stroughter - good quickness in and out of his routes, and didn't drop anything that he could catch. Josh Johnson and Freeman over/under threw him several times.

#4 - Jimmy Wilkerson - was quick off the snap all night, and was really driving home the point that he wants to play. You can't help but notice him because he's so disruptive. Overpursued on some run plays, but did real well.

#3 - Elbert Mack - he is Ronde Barber to Byron Leftwich's Donovan McNabb. The kid has Lefty's number in a bad way. Had one nice pick, and caused a tip on a nice read that resulted in another Lefty pick.

#2 - Dexter Jackson - word is he got gassed this morning, but he was all over the place tonight. Made a couple of dandy sideline catches (one where he layed out and dragged the toes perfectly), and beat Piscitelli and Mack for a couple more down the field.

#1 - Antonio Bryant - he's in mid-season form. I think, honestly, that we upset him with the contract.... and he looks like he may be a man on a mission this year. We'll be reaping benefits."

"Dexter Jackson - Who is this guy and what did they do with Mr. Wimpy? Diving go catches? Using his blazing speed to get wide open? Jiminy Christmas. Apparently the writing is on the wall and Dex read it."

"- Dexter Jackson, some of you may assume, is doing so well up against the camp fodder. Not so. Today he did his best work against Barber and Talib. "

xrotatehx

SideLine Shooter
August 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
found a few posts about dex's camp performance:

"11:50: After a break at practice, Dexter Jackson, one of the players clearly on the hot seat here, came up with the play of the day so far. Going against double coverage, rookie QB Josh Freeman hit Jackson on a 30-yard fade route at the goal line for a touchdown, much to the delight of the heavy and enthusiastic (albeit quite warm) crowd."

"Wide Receiver/Tight Ends - Antonio Bryant is on his game. I didn't really notice Winslow...... though Sammy Stroughter and Dexter freaking Jackson looked like they can be contributors. You heard right.... and I didn't stutter. Dexter..... Jackson. He made more high quality plays in the team drills than any of the other guys tonight. He deserves to make the team. As does Brian Clark, and maybe Kelly Campbell. Maurice Stovall might be S.O.L., unless he is deemed too invaluable on special teams. He doesn't look like a WR at all."

"Five Stars of the Practice

#5 - Sammy Stroughter - good quickness in and out of his routes, and didn't drop anything that he could catch. Josh Johnson and Freeman over/under threw him several times.

#4 - Jimmy Wilkerson - was quick off the snap all night, and was really driving home the point that he wants to play. You can't help but notice him because he's so disruptive. Overpursued on some run plays, but did real well.

#3 - Elbert Mack - he is Ronde Barber to Byron Leftwich's Donovan McNabb. The kid has Lefty's number in a bad way. Had one nice pick, and caused a tip on a nice read that resulted in another Lefty pick.

#2 - Dexter Jackson - word is he got gassed this morning, but he was all over the place tonight. Made a couple of dandy sideline catches (one where he layed out and dragged the toes perfectly), and beat Piscitelli and Mack for a couple more down the field.

#1 - Antonio Bryant - he's in mid-season form. I think, honestly, that we upset him with the contract.... and he looks like he may be a man on a mission this year. We'll be reaping benefits."

"Dexter Jackson - Who is this guy and what did they do with Mr. Wimpy? Diving go catches? Using his blazing speed to get wide open? Jiminy Christmas. Apparently the writing is on the wall and Dex read it."

"- Dexter Jackson, some of you may assume, is doing so well up against the camp fodder. Not so. Today he did his best work against Barber and Talib. "

xrotatehx

Nice to hear. I really hope he does good.xthumbsupx

813Jag
August 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
he looked pretty good at practice on Saturday. We'll see if he has a better season. He caught a lot of hate last season.

phoenixphanatic21
August 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Best of luck to him this year, except against the Panthers. I'm sure he's real upset since his Madden rating is like a 46 or something.

Hoyadestroya85
August 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I think he's gonna have to look like steve smith to make this team.. It seems like the Bucs are trying to purge everything with anything to do with Gruden.

813Jag
August 4th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think he's gonna have to look like steve smith to make this team.. It seems like the Bucs are trying to purge everything with anything to do with Gruden.
with the receivers they have, he just has to catch the ball and stay on his feet. I'm going to practice on Saturday, I'll give an update.

813Jag
August 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Bucs receiver Dexter Jackson making strides (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/05/sp-wr-jackson-making-strides/sports-bucs/).

DLS
August 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
i dont understand why its so hard for coaches to figure out that if you put him on a slant route and toss him ball, he'll score or get major yardage.

it aint rocket science.

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
i dont understand why its so hard for coaches to figure out that if you put him on a slant route and toss him ball, he'll score or get major yardage.

it aint rocket science.

That is very true but in the NFL you can't do that every time. You have to out think opponents and make sure you are not too predictable. Hopefully DJ will develop as a route runner and bulk up a little bit because he will need more strength as the season wears on and he will also have to become sharper in route running.

I do want to point out that he has had a history of doing well and then not doing well and then rebounding by doing well again. Hopefully last season is the last time he has a poor performance and the DJ we see now will be a consistently good version. If he shows anything like he did last season again I would bet he gets cut. I think he knew what he had to do and so far and he risen to the occasion. Best of luck to DJ and hopefully we will see him starting at WR and PR this year.

ASU_Fanatic
August 5th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Way to go Dex!