PDA

View Full Version : Game of the year?: Grambling vs. Prairie View, Oct. 3

thederisoreport
August 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
08-02-2009 11:34 PM

The Prairie View game, turns out, was big for Grambling last year. Lose that one, and the 2008 Bayou Classic — rather than propelling GSU to its fifth Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship Game of the decade — would have been a meaningless exercise. GSU won, of course, against Prairie View then against Southern — avoiding a coin-flip [...]http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TheDerisoReport/~4/YFa-fWmsNqQ

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheDerisoReport/~3/YFa-fWmsNqQ/)

blukeys
August 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Explain to me again who considers this the game of the year. There are no playoff considerations and neither team will win a National Title. Let me know who wins this someday as I have a very busy schedule. xreadxxrulesxxreadxxrulesxxreadxxreadx

TexasTerror
August 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Definitely won't be the "Game of the Year" if Grambling enters 1-3 or 0-4. It's very plausible, even Deriso says so.

They'll lose to Oklahoma State and games against So Carolina State and Northwestern State (in which the Demons - based off last year's win and this year's expectations is the favorite) can sway either way. The other is Jackson State which will not be a gimme by any stretch.

Panther88
July 1st, 2010, 10:30 AM
I thought this required revisitiatoin, considering what's @ stake this fall.

Me lol'ing @ some of the prev comments----> xlolx

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
The game ended up having plenty of meaning to Prairie View A&M.

Grambling did enter 2-2 and fell three points shy (35-32) of defeating PV. The win - the first against Grambling in some time - lifted the Panthers to the SWAC West Division championship and eventually the SWAC title. Was it the Game of the Year in retrospect? Eh...probably not, but it had plenty of meaning towards the conference title race!

mikebigg
July 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM
Explain to me again who considers this the game of the year. There are no playoff considerations and neither team will win a National Title. Let me know who wins this someday as I have a very busy schedule. xreadxxrulesxxreadxxrulesxxreadxxreadx

Glad you took tme out of your busy schedule to comment on something you're not concerned about.

McNeese75
July 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Ummmm, last August?????