PDA

View Full Version : Improvements Continue at Nicholls' John L. Guidry Stadium

CSN Log
July 29th, 2009, 05:10 PM
07-29-2009 05:06 PM

Improvements Continue at Nicholls' John L. Guidry Stadium

THIBODAUX - With nearly six weeks to go before the home opener of the 2009 Nicholls State University football season, preparations continued at John L. Guidry Stadium on Tuesday.

Approximately 11 months after Hurricane Gustav rendered the lights at the Colonels’ home field unusable, construction crews began putting new lighting in place.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/29/improvements-continue-at-nicholls-john-l?blog=2#more5260)

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Glad to see a few things going right for our friends in Thibodaux. It just seems like they've had a rough string of luck.

To see them get the light issue sorted out and to next week install the videoboard, that is huge. Nicholls knows all about the red tape with the state and FEMA through all they have dealt with.

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Glad to see a few things going right for our friends in Thibodaux. It just seems like they've had a rough string of luck.

To see them get the light issue sorted out and to next week install the videoboard, that is huge. Nicholls knows all about the red tape with the state and FEMA through all they have dealt with.
Indeed. I'm glad to see them get the stadium lights up and running this far in advance of the season opener. It should give them time to work out any issues. And I definitely excited about the upgraded scoreboard. When I was at Nicholls, we had a new scoreboard installed with an improved soundsystem. The scoreboard had a video screen, but it only played computer-generated graphics versus real live video. So, we were hoping for replays but what we got were advertisements. Boo. xnonox