PDA

View Full Version : Defending National Champion Richmond And Villanova Selected As CAA Favorite In 2009,

CSN Log
July 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
07-29-2009 01:12 AM

Defending National Champion Richmond And Villanova Selected As CAA Favorite In 2009, All-CAA Teams and TV Package Announced

Richmond, which returns 18 starters off last year’s NCAA National Championship team, and Villanova, which returns 16 starters from 2008, are picked to share the overall CAA Football Championship in 2009. New Hampshire, last season’s North Division winner, was also picked to repeat in the North according to a vote of the league’s 12 head coaches and selected media. The results of the poll, along with the Preseason All-Conference squads, were announced during Wednesday’s CAA Football Media Day at the ESPNZone in Baltimore, Md.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/29/defending-national-champion-richmond-and?blog=2#more5254)

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM
For those just seeking the predicted order of finish...

2009 CAA FOOTBALL PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH
OVERALL CHAMPION – Richmond & Villanova
North Division (First Place votes)
1. New Hampshire (12)
2. Massachusetts (7)
3. Maine
4. Hofstra
5. Northeastern
6. Rhode Island

South Division (First Place votes)
1. Richmond (9)
1. Villanova (9)
3. James Madison (1)
4. Delaware
5. William and Mary
6. Towson

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
So, have we figured out who voted for James Madison in the poll yet?

Split right down the middle with Richmond and Villanova - is this what the CAA fans were thinking we'd see?

mcveyrl
July 29th, 2009, 09:33 AM
So, have we figured out who voted for James Madison in the poll yet?

Split right down the middle with Richmond and Villanova - is this what the CAA fans were thinking we'd see?

Probably one of Mickey's buddys from the North.

About what I expected, although I didn't have any real guess as to how 3-5 in the South would come out. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was flipped.