PDA

View Full Version : Trujillo or McGregor: Who will lead team to PFL title?

smallcollegefbfan
July 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Trujillo or McGregor: Who will lead team to PFL title?
By Brett Kahn, FCS Intern

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Will it be the cagey and elusive senior at San Diego, the strong-armed sophomore from Jacksonville, or some other quarterback that lifts his team to the 2009 Pioneer Football League crown?

Few FCS conferences put as much importance on the quarterback position as the PFL. Josh Johnson of San Diego, Kevin Hoyng of Dayton and David Macchi of Valparaiso vaulted their teams to the top in recent years and Josh McGregor was a key element in Jacksonville's rise last season.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4244225

DetroitFlyer
July 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Glad to see they pulled out all of the stops, assigning an intern to our league.... It looks like he did a little bit of work, but this effort leave much to be desired....

SUUTbird
July 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
No offense to the Pioneer leauge but you guys really need to try to get closer together, the travel costs must be unbelievable, and San Diego needs to join the Great West xthumbsupx

CSN Log
July 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
07-24-2009 03:31 PM

Trujillo or McGregor: Who will lead team to PFL title?

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Will it be the cagey and elusive senior at San Diego, the strong-armed sophomore from Jacksonville, or some other quarterback that lifts his team to the 2009 Pioneer Football League crown?

Few FCS conferences put as much importance on the quarterback position as the PFL. Josh Johnson of San Diego, Kevin Hoyng of Dayton and David Macchi of Valparaiso vaulted their teams to the top in recent years and Josh McGregor was a key element in Jacksonville’s rise last season.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/24/trujillo-or-mcgregor-who-will-lead-team?blog=2#more5234)

Jackman
July 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately, even if the conference stretched from Maine to Hawaii to Alaska to the US base on Antarctica, it'd still be much cheaper than granting football scholarships, especially for small private schools.

Fordham
July 24th, 2009, 06:31 PM
was there a need to explicitly call out that it was an intern that did the article v. just putting the article out there?

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
was there a need to explicitly call out that it was an intern that did the article v. just putting the article out there?

The intern needs his 'credit'. Looks good on the resume and when attempting to crack it in the world of journalism! If I interned under Dave Coulson, I'd want any FCS school possible to know, since he has a rep with all of them - some good, some bad. ;)

No offense to the Pioneer leauge but you guys really need to try to get closer together, the travel costs must be unbelievable, and San Diego needs to join the Great West xthumbsupx

I'd love to see USD in the Great West too...

What's the latest on those schools that were mentioned as possible non-scholarship additions? Detroit Mercy. Lipscomb. Who were the others? Winthrop? New Orleans?

Model Citizen
July 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, this will be a nice clipping for the young sportswriter. Unless his potential employer knows something about the pioneer league. xlolx

Regarding the new programs question...Detroit Mercy may still be a possibility in the foreseeable future. Probably a dimmer outlook for the rest. Would love to see Xavier in the mix, but that's a ways off.

Model Citizen
July 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
The writer is a Penn business grad who does a Mets blog. Ivy League guys are always great. Don't bother him with some bourgeois fact check.

Head Cat
July 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
If you are going to criticize someone, you might want to get your FACTS straight. Mr. Kahn is a graduate of Temple, not Penn and he has a communications background. He worked in the sports information department at Temple and also spent a year as an assistant SID at Delaware State. Maybe Model Citizen needs to have his facts checked.

What facts need checking in the article? Enlighten us.

Go...gate
July 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Wonder how it will work out for Marist. Based on everything we are learning about need-based aid in the Patriot League, hard not to still keep them in the running as the next member if the PL turns away from FB scholarships after Fordham departs.

downbythebeach
July 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
i didnt think it was too bad, and the rankings would be abou t where i would put them..........take that marist........

Model Citizen
July 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I apologise to Penn and Ivy fans. Penn's man is Adam Rubin, one of the intern's interview subjects on a different website.

RichH2
July 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM
No disrespect for Marist. Like them, I went to a Marist Brother HS. BUT academically they are a stretch. With a PL wide AI floor they have some problems raising their bands to qualify

smallcollegefbfan
July 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM

I posted something before that Coulson did not write and people made fun of him for some mistakes that weren't even done by him. So, I thought crediting the intern when he actually did it would keep people from blaming any mistakes, if there are any, on the wrong person. All I am doing is specifying who the writer is so they receive due credit.

Fordham
July 25th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I posted something before that Coulson did not write and people made fun of him for some mistakes that weren't even done by him. So, I thought crediting the intern when he actually did it would keep people from blaming any mistakes, if there are any, on the wrong person. All I am doing is specifying who the writer is so they receive due credit. Gotcha. Didn't know the background. Thought it came off as a bit of a smack at the Pioneer when it was really just trying to be fair to Coulson.

UAalum72
July 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
If you are going to criticize someone, you might want to get your FACTS straight. Mr. Kahn is a graduate of Temple, not Penn and he has a communications background. He worked in the sports information department at Temple and also spent a year as an assistant SID at Delaware State. Maybe Model Citizen needs to have his facts checked.

What facts need checking in the article? Enlighten us.
From the Pioneer Board, he misspelled the name of the eighteen-year veteran Marist coach (s/b Parady), and three of the players mentioned for Drake (Harvey, Osterman, and Green) are not listed on the 2009 Drake roster.

I'm sure no one will notice if Coulson passes the CAA article to the intern and does the Northeast Conference article himself. xrolleyesx

Go...gate
July 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
No disrespect for Marist. Like them, I went to a Marist Brother HS. BUT academically they are a stretch. With a PL wide AI floor they have some problems raising their bands to qualify

Agreed.

Head Cat
July 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
From the Pioneer Board, he misspelled the name of the eighteen-year veteran Marist coach (s/b Parady), and three of the players mentioned for Drake (Creighton, Osterman, and Green) are not listed on the 2009 Drake roster.

I'm sure no one will notice if Coulson passes the CAA article to the intern and does the Northeast Conference article himself. xrolleyesx

The article refers to Chris Creighton as the HEAD COACH, not a player. Need to work on those reading skills before criticizing others. And the Parady thing is probably little more than a typo. Lighten up.

smallcollegefbfan
July 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Gotcha. Didn't know the background. Thought it came off as a bit of a smack at the Pioneer when it was really just trying to be fair to Coulson.

Did not mean to smack in any way. Just wanted to give credit where it is due. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

UAalum72
July 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
The article refers to Chris Creighton as the HEAD COACH, not a player. Need to work on those reading skills before criticizing others. And the Parady thing is probably little more than a typo. Lighten up.

My mistake, I fixed it. Harvey was the third player no longer on the Drake roster.

Any 'typos' for any other conference's coaches, Hed Kat?

blukeys
July 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
From the Pioneer Board, he misspelled the name of the eighteen-year veteran Marist coach (s/b Parady), and three of the players mentioned for Drake (Harvey, Osterman, and Green) are not listed on the 2009 Drake roster.

Not sure the coverage would be any better or accurate.

JD51
July 27th, 2009, 05:05 PM
i didnt think it was too bad, and the rankings would be abou t where i would put them..........take that marist........

Come now, such bitterness. Are we really all that different? Red Flash / Red Fox xsmhx

Nice schedule this year. Best of luck to the Flash on Sept. 5.