PDA

View Full Version : Installing Mondoturf at the UNI-Dome

UNIFanSince1983
July 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
They are FINALLY installing new turf in the UNI-Dome. There is a webcam so you can watch the progress. And at the other end you can see the construction of the walkway and some new offices going on, but that construction is nearly done. Here is the link for those interested.

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/fs/webcam/dometurf/dome_turf_webcam.shtml

TheBisonator
July 15th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Looks like NDSU may in fact be the last school in college football with the old-style "House of Pain" Astroturf.

CSN Log
July 15th, 2009, 01:00 PM
07-15-2009 12:48 PM

Installing Mondoturf at the UNI-Dome

The University of Northern Iowa is installing Mondoturf Ecofill Star artificial turf in the UNI-Dome replacing the previous artificial surface which has been in use since 1992. Construction began July 13 and the final touches will be put in place in the first week of August prior to the UNI football team reporting for fall camp.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/15/installing-mondoturf-at-the-uni-dome?blog=2#more5199)

Shockerman
July 15th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Put in some Purple seats and you guys will be in business! Glad to see UNI representing the Valley well...

Uncle Buck
July 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
That is so cool.

grizzpaw
July 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like NDSU may in fact be the last school in college football with the old-style "House of Pain" Astroturf.

No i think that is left to idaho state. they now the worst field in the FCSxnonox

griz&beer
July 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Nice

JBB
July 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Ive only been there once. its a nice place and now its better. Loved the bagged peanuts.

FargoBison
July 15th, 2009, 06:47 PM

We do have the same turf as the Alerus Center, must be an ND thing. That said we at least got rid of the seam ridden painted cement that the dome had when it first opened. I'd guess new stuff is 5-10 years away.

Mountaineer
July 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Progress. xthumbsupx

Very cool to see UNI offering a live webcam of the installation. Wish ASU would've done something similar for all the construction at Kidd Brewer. xnodx

Uncle Buck
July 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Progress. xthumbsupx

Very cool to see UNI offering a live webcam of the installation. Wish ASU would've done something similar for all the construction at Kidd Brewer. xnodx

Just checked it again from this afternoon, progress is exactly what i was thinking. xthumbsupx

BearsCountry
July 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Put in some Purple seats and you guys will be in business! Glad to see UNI representing the Valley well...

Very true. UNI just needs to make a few cosmedic changes to the Dome and it could be really sweet looking.

Big Cats
July 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Now if we could just get some new scoreboards to go with the new video board....

unialum95
July 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Now if we could just get some new scoreboards to go with the new video board....

That would be next on my list too. Something with stats would be very nice.

Big Al
July 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Here's a link to the press release:

http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071509aaa.html

Check out the two photo galleries to see pics of the turf installation. It appears to me to be a hybrid sort of product -- it rolls out like Astroturf, but it still has an infill to help mimic natural turf.

Should be fun to watch everyone else lose on the new field!

crunifan
August 17th, 2009, 10:14 PM
So, the turf is installed and ready to go!