PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas Advances to Final Year of Transition to Division I

CSN Log
July 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM
07-08-2009 04:37 PM

Central Arkansas Advances to Final Year of Transition to Division I

CONWAY, Ark. – The University of Central Arkansas athletic department was notified this week by the NCAA that it has moved into its fourth and final year of transition to Division I status, according to athletic director Brad Teague.

Central Arkansas’ baseball and women’s soccer programs will also have full Division I eligibility this season (2009-10) in accordance with the NCAA’s fast-track standards.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/08/central-arkansas-advances-to-final-year?blog=2#more5166)

TexasTerror
July 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Congrats to UCA!

Most important for SLC championship purposes, "Central Arkansas’ baseball and women’s soccer programs will also have full Division I eligibility this season (2009-10) in accordance with the NCAA’s fast-track standards."

Almost there Bears! Look forward to your full participation in the league.

BEAR
July 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Woooohooo! xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxprost2xxprost2x

To most at UCA, football is king. But there are fans that go to several sports. It has been a tough transition for most sports as any fan of an established Division I school could imagine but the Bears are making progress. I'm just glad to finally see some Bear team in post season play if they earn it! It's been waaaaaay too long. xnodx

Thanks to Brad Teague and the whole Athletic Staff for their efforts. I've seen the paperwork and if anyone has ever been part of the process moving divisions....xeekx ........then you know what I'm talking about. xrulesxxrulesxxrulesx

TexasTerror
July 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Both UCA sports that are eligible next year had a rough go this year.

Women's soccer was second to last in the league and the baseball team finished 3.5 games out of the SLC tournament and just two games ahead of last place.

The Bears will be hard-pressed. A shame that volleyball (if that was allowed) was not fast-tracked instead.

I guess at the time, baseball looked promising, but they've had a rough transition, namely because the SLC has made some great strides in the sport (two teams in the NCAAs this year!).

Still glad nonetheless to see the UCA program moving forward.