PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's College Football Live: 50 States.

Retro
June 30th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Over the last few weeks and the next few weeks, espn's college football live has been running their 50 states in 50 days tour..

While so far they have given little coverage to FCS schools except when they did a couple of states and even then cut that part of the program short, i thought maybe everyone from the forthcoming states can write in to encourage them to cover your school...

Links below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sportsnation/news/story?page=50StatesTour

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/mailbag/_/id/16564

andy7171
June 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
DC/Maryland is up tomorrow! Wanna bet they only mention the Twerps and navy?

89Hen
June 30th, 2009, 03:08 PM
DC/Maryland is up tomorrow! Wanna bet they only mention the Twerps and navy?
That's all that was in the voting. :(

Lehigh Football Nation
June 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I don't think they'll even mention Howard or G'Town, although one can always dream. Never mind Morgan State and Towson.

89Hen
June 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I don't think they'll even mention Howard or G'Town, although one can always dream.
I think they will. They included DC, so they will most definitely mention the two DI teams that play in DC. xnodx

Although they may just throw out the obligatory reference to the inventors of the huddle... Gallaudet.

sikolec
June 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Cal Poly was mentioned twice in today's Southern California edition. Once for the great John Madden (alma-mater) and again for Cal Poly's Ramses Barden. xrotatehx

DFW HOYA
June 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I think they will. They included DC, so they will most definitely mention the two DI teams that play in DC.

No guarantees...

BearsCountry
June 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Morgan State might with Willie Lainer.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I think they will. They included DC, so they will most definitely mention the two DI teams that play in DC. xnodx

Although they may just throw out the obligatory reference to the inventors of the huddle... Gallaudet.

Don't count on it! For the NH, VT & ME segment all the ESPN scum talked about was the Chestnut Hill Beagles and UConVict Huskies and their respective leagues! And one of them was Rod Gilmore who has broadcast multiple FCS/I-AA playoff games over the years. xoopsx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

For the SD, ND and Montana segment, the entire discussion was an interview with Adam Viniteri, the Patriots and Pacers kicker who attended South Dakota State. Better than the NH/VT/ME segment, but how do you have this segment without discussing the national championships won by Montana and Montana State? (Disclaimer: I know about MSU's D-II Championship because they defeated UNH along the way. If the Dakota schools also won D-II championships, then they should have been discussed as well.)

Just more of the usual BCS & NFL slanted crap from ESPN. xnonox

TribeNomad
June 30th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I did not know Madden was Cal-Poly....my brother is a CP graduate and never metioned Madden.....

Jackman
June 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
The video for the Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont section was painful. All they talked about was Boston College, UConn, the ACC and the Big East. That's about the worst thing ESPN could have done.

Jackman
June 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Don't count on it! For the NH, VT & ME segment all the ESPN scum talked about was the Chestnut Hill Beagles and UConVict Huskies and their respective leagues! And one of them was Rod Gilmore who has broadcast multiple FCS/I-AA playoff games over the years. xoopsx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

That was painful to watch. I felt vicarious rage for the northerners. Doesn't bode well for the Massachusetts segment.

Retro
June 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
That was painful to watch. I felt vicarious rage for the northerners. Doesn't bode well for the Massachusetts segment.

Your segment will probably be entierely devoted to Doug Flutie and Matt Ryan.xrolleyesx

BEAR
June 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
The Arkansas segment was all piggie....:pumpuke: The votes were all arkansas choices with only one ASU choice..no UCA or OBU..typical. xmadx

supercat11
June 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm not hopeful at all that the Texas segment will mention Texas State because there are 10 FBS schools in the state. Even the FBS teams that aren't in the Big XII will be lucky to get a mention.

Appfan_in_CAAland
July 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
It will tough for ESPN when they get to North Carolina, with four BCS (or at least ACC) teams, but where the two best teams year after year are found in the C-USA and SoCon.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Apparently Lehigh got a mention in the Pennsylvania show, but I did not catch it. Did anybody catch it, and if so, what was said? I'm guessing it was a mention of "The Rivalry" before the 27th mention of Joe Pa and why Penn State and Pitt don't play anymore.

The Northern California one was comical. They mentioned in terms of rivalries Stanford/Cal (of course) and - I kid you not - Cal/Fresno State. No mention of the "Causeway Classic" (Sac State/UC Davis), no mention of the "Battle of the 'Shoe" (Cal Poly/UC Davis). We got no fewer than 5 showings of that trombonist getting slammed to the turf, but not even a tangential mention of one of the oldest rivalries in Northern Cali. xmadx

Silenoz
July 1st, 2009, 11:24 AM
I don't have an egriz account, otherwise I'd ask there, but did any Griz fans happen to record the ND/SD/MT segment? The uploaded clip just talks about Vinieteri (sp) but I guess the full show covered the Griz pretty in depth

UNHWildCats
July 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM

For the SD, ND and Montana segment, the entire discussion was an interview with Adam Viniteri, the Patriots and Pacers kicker who attended South Dakota State. Better than the NH/VT/ME segment, but how do you have this segment without discussing the national championships won by Montana and Montana State? (Disclaimer: I know about MSU's D-II Championship because they defeated UNH along the way. If the Dakota schools also won D-II championships, then they should have been discussed as well.)

I just watched the Vermont/Maine/New Hampshire segment and that was pathetic... BC and Uconn.... F U ESPN!

Retro
July 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM
All fo you need to email your comments and displeasure to college football live so we get their attention... May not make a difference right away, but maybe they look harder when doing stuff like this down the road..

The squeaky wheel get's the oil!

andy7171
July 1st, 2009, 11:40 AM
That's all that was in the voting. :(

Unbelievable. It'll be interesting to see what they say about QBs and passing stats. Because the top three all time collegiate passing leaders in the state are
1-Sean Schaefer
2-Dan Crowley
3-Chris Goetz

Boomer, Staubach, Reich, ect all follow those Towson Tigers.

andy7171
July 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Oops, Marylands John Kaleo knocked Goetz out. Kaleo is the QB coach at Towson though.

MSUBear42
July 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Missouri should be interesting, seeing as Mizzou is the only FBS team.

bkrownd
July 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM

Harvard and Amherst-Williams may be known enough for a mention.

The Flagship University? Unlikely.

VT Wildcat Fan53
July 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM

How about David Ball -- he of East Orange, VT (where?) -- and conquerer of Jerry Rice's TD records?

DFW HOYA
July 1st, 2009, 07:15 PM
Washington DC/Maryland? Not even close. No mention at all of Georgetown, one mention from an e-mail that Steve Wilson played at Howard. That's it. A complete waste of time.

It was the "Maryland and Navy show". If so, kindly take Washington DC off the title!

darell1976
July 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Is there a none of the above for voting in MT, ND, SD. Better players came from those states then the ones they name. And none from UND?? Come on ESPN.xconfusedx

Fordham
July 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
NY show will be on the 3rd and it's all Syracuse and Army. First off, Buffalo fans have to ticked off about that, although we won't know until the show if they at least get a mention (referring here to every poll question having only 'Cuse or Army guys in it).

Very disappointed that guys like Lombardi or Wojciechowicz ... or a coach like Jim Crowley ... are not mentioned as poll choices.

Silenoz
July 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Is there a none of the above for voting in MT, ND, SD. Better players came from those states then the ones they name. And none from UND?? Come on ESPN.xconfusedx
There was no one from our state period

ncbears
July 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Colorado tomorrow!

appirishmen
July 1st, 2009, 10:52 PM
i voted 03 del.

89Hen
July 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Washington DC/Maryland? Not even close. No mention at all of Georgetown, one mention from an e-mail that Steve Wilson played at Howard. That's it. A complete waste of time.

It was the "Maryland and Navy show". If so, kindly take Washington DC off the title!
That's why I said they'd mention the two DI teams in DC. Considering DC isn't a state, WTF did they even add it to the list. Shame on ESPN. xnonono2x

UNIFanSince1983
July 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
So on the Iowa show it was all Cyclones and Hawkeyes which was not surprising to me. They even gave a mention of Kurt Warner, but on the voting you didn't even have the option of voting for him as the best player in state history. I guess that shouldn't be shocking since he was only the starter for one year. And then I was not surprised to see that when I voted Troy Davis was only 3rd even though he is the only player in FBS to ever have 2 straight 2000 yard seasons. And no Terry Allen as best coach in state history? Come on! He wouldn't have standed a chance against Fry, but at least put him on the list.

I was very surprised to see they put 07 UNI on the list for the best team in state history, but that wasn't even the best team in UNI history.

Retro
July 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
more ways to give feedback:

http://twitter.com/ESPNCFBLive

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Really nice segment xthumbsupx . Plenty of FCS mentions. :D

89Hen
July 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
BTW, I finally watched an "episode" of this series.... is it really a three minute conversation at the desk? Is that all it really is??? If so, COMPLETE waste of time and VERY disappointing from ESPN. xsmhx

NHwildEcat
July 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM
BTW, I finally watched an "episode" of this series.... is it really a three minute conversation at the desk? Is that all it really is??? If so, COMPLETE waste of time and VERY disappointing from ESPN. xsmhx

Would you expect anything less then disapointment from ESPN? They are a joke!

GaSouthern
July 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I expect a lot for the state of Georgia about GSU (and VSU as well)

813Jag
July 7th, 2009, 10:48 AM
LSU fans having a meltdown (http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=14109770&Pg=1). xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
July 7th, 2009, 10:59 AM
LSU fans having a meltdown (http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=14109770&Pg=1). xlolx

xlolx Oh how I laugh at LSU fans.

GAD
July 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM
They'll get over it, I love it

someone needed to show they are not the state of Louisiana

OhioHen
July 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
The Ohio segment mentioned YSU but gave more play to D-III powerhouse Mount Union. Mostly about tOSU with a good bit of Miami (the cradle of coaches). At least they didn't mention the Cincinnati Bearcats.

813Jag
July 7th, 2009, 12:21 PM

that's why I'm laughing. xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx
I love it also.

SU Jag
July 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM

People like them make me hate LSU! Those folks over there are just plain ignorant!xnonono2x

UMass922
July 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM
The Massachusetts segment is airing right now. Greg Landry is on the best-player-in-state-history poll, Marcel Shipp was on the "other notable players" list, and the UMass '98 title win was included among the "memorable moments" in state history.

Harvard and Holy Cross have received several mentions as well.

biggie
July 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
The Vote for NC is available now 2 UNCs, Dook, NCS, and ECU are not what I had in mind.

brownbear
July 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I missed the Rhode Island one when it aired last Friday, but they did interview Brown's coach, Phil Estes for about a minute. Pretty lame interview, though he says how wants the ivies to be in the fcs playoffs at the end.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4317406&categoryid=4317406

bkrownd
July 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
The Massachusetts segment is airing right now.

There's gotta be some mention of Williams-Amherst.....?

UMass922
July 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM
There's gotta be some mention of Williams-Amherst.....?

Yeah, Amherst-Williams was mentioned. Not at great length, of course.