PDA

View Full Version : QB Justin Rascati Sighting in AF2

Lehigh Football Nation
June 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jun/27/horseman-down-sinking-sharks/

The [AF2's Kentucky] Horsemen’s rotation of former New York Giant backup quarterback Jared Lorenzen and Justin Rascati under center, while not doing anything spectacular, simply produced. Together they combined for 178 passing yards and six passing scores.

xthumbsupx

Last weekend they outduelled (former Lehigh QB) Sedale Threatt, QB John De Los Santos and the struggling Corpus Christi Sharks in a 58-37 victory.

mcveyrl
June 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I think Rascati has been moving around that league since he left JMU. At one point he was a Peoria Pirate. Good for him!

JMU Newbill
June 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I saw him a couple times last year tailgating in the student area (I like to pretend I'm still a student).

I just feel like such a dork when I see him because I wear my Rascati JMU jersey to every tailgate.

Hoyadestroya85
July 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't wanna play in the AF2.. you get paid like 300 bucks a game.. not very glamorous

mcveyrl
July 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't wanna play in the AF2.. you get paid like 300 bucks a game.. not very glamorous

Technically, neither is FCS football, but you do it because you love it and it means you've got a chance. I don't think anybody in AF2 has any dreams of retiring on their football earnings (at least not from AF2. all of them have dreams of going to the NFL)

Plus, if you're already working somewhere close, then it's convenient, too.

Hoyadestroya85
July 2nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Technically, neither is FCS football, but you do it because you love it and it means you've got a chance. I don't think anybody in AF2 has any dreams of retiring on their football earnings (at least not from AF2. all of them have dreams of going to the NFL)

Plus, if you're already working somewhere close, then it's convenient, too.

I guess you're right, but at the same time, most of these guys have college degrees. Lorenzen can at least sit back on the money he made as a 4 year player in the NFL, Rascati can't.

mcveyrl
July 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I guess you're right, but at the same time, most of these guys have college degrees. Lorenzen can at least sit back on the money he made as a 4 year player in the NFL, Rascati can't.

Most of the guys I know playing AF2 (admittedly a small sample that does not include Rascati) have jobs/careers that they are pursuing as well. Many employers are willing to give an employee the flexibility needed to pursue something like this. Not a lot different than many minor league baseball players. It's basically minor league football.