PDA

View Full Version : Texas State better do her this year

Ronbo
December 4th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I heard the announcers say you have 25 seniors. Might be a long time before you see the playoffs again. Better get her done. :nod:

blackfordpu
December 4th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I heard the announcers say you have 25 seniors. Might be a long time before you see the playoffs again. Better get her done. :nod:

27 is how many they had on the field at senior day.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2005, 05:20 PM
After all these guys graduate, they might do what they did to get the large recruiting class that makes up this large senior class.

slostang
December 4th, 2005, 05:33 PM

What an opportunity to recruit. They have a great stadium that will have been seen three times on national TV and they are having an impressive playoff run. Baillif is a great coach and I am sure he will bring a ton of talent this year. They may take a step back a little next year, but as long as Baillif stays there, the future looks bright for Texas State.

Kill'em
December 4th, 2005, 06:21 PM
After all these guys graduate, they might do what they did to get the large recruiting class that makes up this large senior class.
It helps their two best offensive players were transfers.

blackfordpu
December 4th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I don't think that SHSU's playoff run helped us much in recruiting last season.

Cocky
December 4th, 2005, 08:50 PM
What an opportunity to recruit. They have a great stadium that will have been seen three times on national TV and they are having an impressive playoff run. Baillif is a great coach and I am sure he will bring a ton of talent this year. They may take a step back a little next year, but as long as Baillif stays there, the future looks bright for Texas State.

And Texas produces a few good high school football players.

blur2005
December 4th, 2005, 09:25 PM
And Texas produces a few good high football players.
An understatement indeed, which you obviously implied.

Bobcat94
December 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I like some of the posts here.

pt_prodigy
December 4th, 2005, 10:32 PM
ive heard that there are rumors around here that UT's RB Jarrell Wilkerson and WR Tyrel Gatewood are some players thinking about transfering here next year....im salivating of the thought of JWilk in our backfeild!!

Grizo406
December 4th, 2005, 10:38 PM
They have a great stadium that will have been seen three times on national TV and they are having an impressive playoff run.

That's what we went through last season, hopefully, next year it will show that that kind of exposure does in fact reap some fairly big rewards.

Brent
December 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Of our 27 seniors, 10 are starters. We may take a small step back but it wont be for long. Most of the defense is coming back as well as our O-Line. Remember the name, Brad George...he is our future QB.

The recruiting is actually a lot easier this year, the talented players are coming to us. We will sign a big class but the I-A's are piling up on Coach B's desk. UT and Texas A&M all have a few players interested in becoming Bobcats. Who knows what will happen until they get their official releases.

What a great season for the Bobcats, lets take care of UNI this Friday and worry about recruiting after the season.

straightshooter
December 5th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Don't expect to be able to get to the big dance year after year with transfers. If they are to be your program's salvation, you find your future wrought with frustration. Recruiting is the lifeblood of all programs, and building a foundation with players that actually wanted to come to your school in the first place is the key to being up there every year.

Brent
December 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Don't expect to be able to get to the big dance year after year with transfers. If they are to be your program's salvation, you find your future wrought with frustration. Recruiting is the lifeblood of all programs, and building a foundation with players that actually wanted to come to your school in the first place is the key to being up there every year.

Thats goes without saying. Tx State will bring in about 20-23 HS signees.

My point about the I-A transfers is that many players are looking at Tx State right now. We may take 3-5 I-A transfers and thats about it. My guess would be no more than 3.

straightshooter
December 5th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Is that 3-5 each year? The numbers add up if you do it that way.

Brent
December 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Is that 3-5 each year? The numbers add up if you do it that way.

No I meant just 3-5 I-A's next season. My guess is probably 3 this offseason.

Bailiff likes to take his players he signs from HS and build them like many coaches but will take a few I-A's if they are the right fit for the team. (IE, Daniel Jolly, Daniel Varvel)

NSUDemon98
December 5th, 2005, 03:43 PM

They won't admit it...

Ridin' that Nealy horse to victory...lol.

bobcatfan06
December 5th, 2005, 04:10 PM
They won't admit it...

Ridin' that Nealy horse to victory...lol.

....so how is basketball coming?? :nod:

Brent
December 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM

I know you mean Barrick is one but who is the other guy?? You cant be meaning Daniel Jolly.

Markee White and Doug Sherman are a bigger factor in our offense than Daniel Jolly.

Our four running back rotation causes problems for a lot of teams.

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Bobcats hit road for NW St, McNeese and Sam next year...

Those are top teams in SLC next year in my eyes. Sam was two plays from going 4-2 in SLC (NW St, TxSt) and next year has all the "toughies" at home. NW St if they have a QB should be good to go and McN without tropical disruptions should be top three without question...

McNeese75
December 5th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ohhhhh, if I were a Bobcat fan, I would be enjoying the current run and not worry about next year. You have to enjoy this opportunity to the max because it is never a given or easy for anyone to get back every year. No matter how great you think your coach is now, or your recruiting will be next year, etc. things happen.

Just enjoy to damn ride and good luck to the Bobcats against the Captn Cat Brigade this weekend!!! :nod:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLC :hurray:

NSUDemon98
December 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
....so how is basketball coming?? :nod:

Well let's see we are 6-2 thus far...We have beaten Mississippi St. and Oklahoma St. who WAS 105-1 in Gallagher-Iba Arena but are now 105-2. We will be participating in the ESPN Bracket Buster challenge and will have chances to add our "upsets" with games against Texas A&M, Oregon St., Iowa St., etc.....but I fail to see what that has to do with a football thread. :nod: :nod: xazzx

TexasTerror
December 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM
NSUDemon,

SHSU and NW St are the standard bearers in BKB. Wish other schools besides us two and SELA would get some solid wins. Loved that 3-0 SLC night last night!

We're talking OOC SLC wins here...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1239

CollegeSportsInfo
December 6th, 2005, 05:56 PM
27 is how many they had on the field at senior day.

And did you see their cheerleaders? Damn!

http://www.communigate.co.uk/brad/bingleywelfare/php3fh32J

NSUDemon98
December 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM
And did you see their cheerleaders? Damn!

http://www.communigate.co.uk/brad/bingleywelfare/php3fh32J

Is that John Kerry standing up in the back? :eyebrow:

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Texas State better "do her" this year? My question is: "Who's her?" ;)

McNeese75
December 7th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Texas State better "do her" this year? My question is: "Who's her?" ;)

The one in the back obviously :D