PDA

View Full Version : Has David Ball finally found a home in Hamilton

Old Cat Fan
June 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Guess David Ball is working the same old Circus catches in pre season camp with the Hamilton Tigercats of the CFL except this time from reading forum posts he has a real chance of making the team. Lets hope so as this guy has paid his dues 3 years later after the Bears, Jets and Montreal of the CFL, the following is from a post today from a Tigercat thread.
http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37827&sid=e555cb561b587ced5b4281db0ec485e7&start=165

"Today was the last training camp practice, and the players went out with a bang! The receivers were making some amazing grabs.. The DB's were making some outstanding Interceptions and the running backs were tearing up the field!

On the receiver front... It may seem like I am playing favourites when I talk about David Ball, but this guys is amazing when it comes to catching the football and finding the ball in traffic and tight coverage. Ball is definitely my new favourite receiver.. Along with Airese Currie I think Obie has found 2 great receivers to be depth guys and then possibly take over as starters later in the season(ie: Prechae Rodriguez) These guys have shown they are #1 and 2 out of the newcomers to our receiving corps. So today Ball was at it again with 3 great catches and a nice touchdown catch on an out and up route.. "

VT Wildcat Fan53
June 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Guess David Ball is working the same old Circus catches in pre season camp with the Hamilton Tigercats of the CFL except this time from reading forum posts he has a real chance of making the team. Lets hope so as this guy has paid his dues 3 years later after the Bears, Jets and Montreal of the CFL, the following is from a post today from a Tigercat thread.
http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37827&sid=e555cb561b587ced5b4281db0ec485e7&start=165

"Today was the last training camp practice, and the players went out with a bang! The receivers were making some amazing grabs.. The DB's were making some outstanding Interceptions and the running backs were tearing up the field!

On the receiver front... It may seem like I am playing favourites when I talk about David Ball, but this guys is amazing when it comes to catching the football and finding the ball in traffic and tight coverage. Ball is definitely my new favourite receiver.. Along with Airese Currie I think Obie has found 2 great receivers to be depth guys and then possibly take over as starters later in the season(ie: Prechae Rodriguez) These guys have shown they are #1 and 2 out of the newcomers to our receiving corps. So today Ball was at it again with 3 great catches and a nice touchdown catch on an out and up route.. "

Is anybody really surprised? xsmiley_wix Good luck, David!

UNHFan99
June 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Thats great to hear. congrats to dave

VT Wildcat Fan53
July 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Rise to stardom has stalled a little bit. D Ball is listed on the 1 game injury list which seems to be purgatory between active roster and practice squad. Anybody know what happens to those guys on the 1 game injured list? Santos (Montreal) is also in the same boat/quandry apparently.

smallcollegefbfan
July 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats to Ball! He was a great person and player during his days in I-AA/FCS!

Old Cat Fan
July 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Rise to stardom has stalled a little bit. D Ball is listed on the 1 game injury list which seems to be purgatory between active roster and practice squad. Anybody know what happens to those guys on the 1 game injured list? Santos (Montreal) is also in the same boat/quandry apparently.

Football purgatory xlolx yes it does seem like that, all I know is that they do things different up there, spelling for Defence Offence no S, Import player non import player of which there has to be a ratio, as for the injury list. I guess if your on the 9 game list your protected for 9 weeks, the 1 game list would probally be used for some kind of platoon rotation so you can be swap in or out. I'm not up to par on the CFL. I can remember a time when ESPN first launch in the late 70's early 80's that's all they had on, yes I am a OLD cat fan xnodx