PDA

View Full Version : SoCon tv schedule?

catamount man
June 21st, 2009, 07:31 AM
Anybody HEARD anything. I know ASU-ECU is on MASN but just wondering when the conference was gonna release the schedule? With so many conference games in September this year, I would love to see SPORTSOUTH go full blast again with SoCon coverage like they did back in the early-mid 90s. Last year SS didn't start showing games until October 4, but we did get a full 8 weeks.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2009, 07:36 AM
It hasn't been released yet (which is why ASU--and probably other schools) haven't released game times because the SoCon hasn't finalized TV deals yet.

TexasTerror
June 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
I am sure the SoCon will announce it at whatever becomes of their "Media Day"... ;)

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
I am sure the SoCon will announce it at whatever becomes of their "Media Day"... ;)

Well, considering they had the SoCon kickoff during the week last year at Samford, I wouldn't say they much had a media day last year either. We'll see about a SoCon media day again in December after a one year hiatus last year.

catamount man
June 21st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Last year, they released the tv schedule a full month before the rouser which I thought was early but was just wondering what info anybody may have had.

I get REAL inpatient this time of year. HA!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
The June 17th edition of Sam's Journal (Sam is GSU's AD) says the times will all be out next week (which is this week). He also mentions CSS is doing some SEC games this year so we won't have as many SoCon games on it. At least I hope that's what they meant. It wasn't clear.

SideLine Shooter
June 21st, 2009, 08:52 AM
I get REAL inpatient this time of year. HA!

Me too catman. I'm about to FOOTBALL in my britches right now!xnodxxthumbsupx

Saint3333
June 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
After looking at the schedules my predictions with (best game based upon media preseason predictions):

Sept. 26 - Elon @ GSU (same)
Oct. 3 - Samford @ WCU (GSU @ Wofford)
Oct. 10 - UTC @ Samford (no good games this week)
Oct. 17 - ASU @ Wofford (same)
Oct. 24 - GSU @ ASU (same)
Oct. 31 - Elon @ Wofford (same)
Nov. 7 - Wofford @ Citadel (GSU @ Samford)
Nov. 14 - Furman @ GSU (ASU @ Elon)
Nov. 21 - WCU @ ASU - (Wofford @ Furman)

Break down by school:
ASU - 3
Citadel - 1
Elon - 2
Furman - 1
GSU - 3
Samford - 2
UTC - 1
WCU - 2
Wofford - 3

I'm likely wrong about the # of games Furman gets, but I had to keep the standards, GSU vs. ASU, GSU vs. Furman, and ASU vs. WCU on the schedule as 2 out of 3 years these are televised.

SU DOG
June 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
As they say, just for the record - the Oct 3 game is WCU AT Samford

catamount man
June 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
The June 17th edition of Sam's Journal (Sam is GSU's AD) says the times will all be out next week (which is this week). He also mentions CSS is doing some SEC games this year so we won't have as many SoCon games on it. At least I hope that's what they meant. It wasn't clear.

Yep! It was the last week in June last year so good timing. Our game SHOULD be on tv. Heck, they could play up the drama of the '08 game as a good backstory. CSS is all on the SEC bandwagon, so that leaves SportSouth as the main media outlet.

I would so love it if ESPN started an ESPN 3 which was FCS, D2, D3, and NAIA only. More FCS than the others obviously. There is a market for it IMO.

Thanks for the tip. xthumbsupx

catamount man
June 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM
After looking at the schedules my predictions with (best game based upon media preseason predictions):

Sept. 26 - Elon @ GSU (same)
Oct. 3 - Samford @ WCU (GSU @ Wofford)
Oct. 10 - UTC @ Samford (no good games this week)
Oct. 17 - ASU @ Wofford (same)
Oct. 24 - GSU @ ASU (same)
Oct. 31 - Elon @ Wofford (same)
Nov. 7 - Wofford @ Citadel (GSU @ Samford)
Nov. 14 - Furman @ GSU (ASU @ Elon)
Nov. 21 - WCU @ ASU - (Wofford @ Furman)

Break down by school:
ASU - 3
Citadel - 1
Elon - 2
Furman - 1
GSU - 3
Samford - 2
UTC - 1
WCU - 2
Wofford - 3

I'm likely wrong about the # of games Furman gets, but I had to keep the standards, GSU vs. ASU, GSU vs. Furman, and ASU vs. WCU on the schedule as 2 out of 3 years these are televised.

This would be THE PERFECT SoCon slate for SportSouth IMO for 2009.

Sep 12 Furman at UTC
Sep 19 WCU at GSU
Sep 26 Samford at ASU
Oct 3 GSU at Wofford
Oct 10 The Citadel at Elon
Oct 17 (double header, 3pm and 7pm) The Citadel at WCU
AND ASU at Wofford
Oct 24 (doubler header, 3pm and 7pm) Furman at The Citadel and GSU at ASU
Oct 31 (double header, 3pm and 7pm) Elon at Wofford and ASU at Furman
Nov 7 GSU at Samford
Nov 14 (dh) Furman at GSU and ASU at Elon
Nov 21 (dh) WCU at ASU and Wofford at Furman

Guess we'll find out by next weekend. GOD, I HOPE SO!!! :D

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Saint3333
June 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
Good game selections, have they ever had double headers?

catamount man
June 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
oh yes, back in the mid 90s, they would have double headers. In 1994, App's 24-14upset of #1 Marshall was preceded by WCU stomping UTC 53-15.

I did just finished watched GSU AD Sam Baker's on line telecast from this week and he said, without saying whom, that SportSouth has scheduled 2 GSU games for 2009. Gotta be 10/24 at APP and 11/14 hosting Furman.

We'll find out this week. Hope WCU gets a couple of spots.

WCU LawCat
June 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
If the WCU and GSU game makes TV in the 3rd week there will be a lot of people watching that one after what happened in last years game and both teams probably improving this year.

blueballs
June 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
I did just finished watched GSU AD Sam Baker's on line telecast from this week and he said, without saying whom, that SportSouth has scheduled 2 GSU games for 2009. Gotta be 10/24 at APP and 11/14 hosting Furman.

I would imagine you're spot on.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM

The ASU and Furman games were the only ones we got on SS last year and I think that will be the same again this year.

As for the GSU-WCU game, we'll have to wait and see. It depends on what SEC games CSS might be doing that week. I think Florida and Tennessee will be on national TV and CSS might want to do UGA and Arkansas that week.