December 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Pass batted down.

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
UNI downs the punt at the UNH 6

6 minutes to go in the game

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
Nice punt into the wind. UNH ball on the 6.

5:54 left

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
First down UNH near their own 20 4:36 to go

Jaxhen
December 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Gutsy call to throw for the first when they only needed a yard.

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Fourth down upcoming for UNH

Eaglegus2
December 3rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Great stop!!!!!

4th down

Punting!

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Good D by UNI

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
Stopped em 3rd down. UNH to punt. UNI timeout.

Hansel
UNH going for it

MR. CHICKEN
DIS IS UH TALON BITER!.........:eek:........AWK!

Tod
Man, UNI uses their last time out. That sure can come back to haunt them. :eek: :eek:

Hansel
UNH going for it fumble on the option

turnovers killing UNH

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
Big turnover

Eaglegus2
December 3rd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Fumble!!!!!!

UNI ball

Kill the clock and score a TD

DaGriz
December 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
What's the score?

GASIUalum
December 3rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
let's go UNI :D

MR. CHICKEN
24-21....PANTHERS!

skinny_uncle
What's the score?
24-21 UNI

Tod
What's the score?

24-21 UNI

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Fourth down UNI upcoming

turfdoc
December 3rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
For those of us too incomp to get sound on our computers give me the time occassionally.....thanks

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
under 3 minutes to go, both teams out of timeouts

MR. CHICKEN
APPX.......2:30...LEFT!

Hansel
Incomplete pass
UNH ball

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
UNH ball
2:39

Hansel
2:33

UNH with a second down at their own 30

MR. CHICKEN
LAST CHANCE RICKY!.........AWK!

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
3rd and 7

RadMann
Did I hear the radio right? UNH has 577 yds of offense in the game?

Hansel
4th down UNH upcoming

HI54UNI
4th and 7.

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 01:14 PM
INCOMPLETE UNI BALL

it should be OVah

skinny_uncle
fourth and 7
incomplete

CatFan22
Wow, good game by UNI. Excellent job today.

Eaglegus2
Could this be the game?

Kill that clock. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped: :hurray:

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
OH BABY!

2:17 Left.

UD1993
December 3rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
gotta love the playoffs!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
UNI = underrated

I can't say I'm surprised by the apparant outcome of this one.

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
gotta love the playoffs!!
And the day is just getting started.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2005, 01:18 PM
CONGRATS PANTHER FANS...ENJOYED IT!....GOOD LUCK....REST O' DUH WAY! xsmoochx

HI54UNI
Hail Mary time. 9 sec left. UNH ball

TexasTerror
UNI going to have to go to San Marcos? Or will CP win and then who would it be? UNI-Dome or California?

GASIUalum
here I thought I heard the Gateway was overrated :confused:

turfdoc
2:17 usually means you need a first

is it over or just at a timeout

Jaxhen
December 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Great game. Congratulations UNI. Made the stops when you needed to. Congratulations to UNH on a great season. UNH moved the ball well, just made too many critical mistakes.

skinny_uncle
#1 jinx strikes again.
Joy in Cedar Falls.

CatFan22
What a weird play. Almost worked though.

Hansel
UNI 24
UNH 21

DUNZO

HI54UNI
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

WYOBISONMAN
Congrats to UNI!

Eaglegus2
December 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
:hyped: :hyped: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :nod: mad:

charliej
December 3rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Wow,UNI played a great game. Congrats to all you Panthers.

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

LET'S GO POLY!!!!!!

rokamortis
Congratz UNI - you proved a lot of people wrong.

nick9c
UNH was not very impressive in my opinion. Everyone on their team seemed to be fumbling the ball. Definitely not the #1 team in I-AA. Good game UNI.

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
UNI going to have to go to San Marcos? Or will CP win and then who would it be? UNI-Dome or California?

Poly wins and they will be welcomed to the DOME! :hurray:

FUOneTime
December 3rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Congrats UNI. What a game! Man, the playoffs are great.

PantherMan
UNH was not very impressive in my opinion. Everyone on their team seemed to be fumbling the ball. Definitely not the #1 team in I-AA. Good game UNI.

Not the #1 TEAM, but a very impressive couple of INDIVIDUALS for the Wildcats! Glad to get outta there with a W! :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x

UNI92
UNH says: "Thank you sir my I have another!"
:asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip:

godawgs
December 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Awesome! Congrats UNI! Now, let's hope the dawgs can give the Gateway another win today....

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Great game... UNI made the plays on defense went it counted. UNH made a few too many mistakes to beat a good team. Hope the other three games are as good as this one.

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
UNH says: "Thank you sir my I have another!"
:asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip:

I wanna hear from the guy who has the webpage that predicted UNH would score 1,000 points today or whatever outrageous prediction he put forth. xazzx xazzx xazzx Glad to get the win, but UNI was the better team on the field this morning/afternoon!

oldputtytat
December 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
There is football in the Midwest..............try it, you might like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strike00
December 3rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
What a great day. :nod: :)

Congrats to New Hampshire on a great season.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Congrat's UNI Panthers!! GO SIU!! Go GFC way to get it done!!

All I can say is Wow!! :beerchug: xprost2x

Uncle Buck
December 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Definitely a nice W for the Panthers and congrats. UNH played way below their ability today and just made too many mistakes. You can't afford to give the ball away like that and win in the playoffs.

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Just walked back to my office on campus after sitting through the game (still trying to get the circulation back in my fingers). Congratulations, UNI - you guys played well, and totally deserved the win on the road. The UNH defense did what it had to do today, but unfortunately our offense couldn't take advantage of our defense's effort. Turnovers in the playoffs will kill you, and they did for us today.

Had a chance to meet Cap'n Cat and Ralph before the game - good guys. At least the UNI victory makes the 18 hour trip back a bit easier for those guys!

Good luck next weeek Panthers - I'll be pulling for you.

Granite

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone review what a UNH fan thought about this game early in the week, and I quote:

"Outcome: New Hampshire is strong, too strong to lose at home where they average over 50 points and are undefeated this season. New Hampshire gets another step closer to their first National Championship with a 59-28 win."

http://www.geocities.com/tjliles04/uniatnewhampshire

What he is thinking now: :doh: :bawling: :splat:

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone review what a UNH fan thought about this game early in the week, and I quote:

"Outcome: New Hampshire is strong, too strong to lose at home where they average over 50 points and are undefeated this season. New Hampshire gets another step closer to their first National Championship with a 59-28 win."

http://www.geocities.com/tjliles04/uniatnewhampshire

What he is thinking now: :doh: :bawling: :splat:

Not too many UNH fans that I know thought this game would be anything other than close - a few bandwagoners on the internet notwithstanding. UNI was the better team today, and I will be watching the Panthers with a lot of interest the rest of the way.

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Just walked back to my office on campus after sitting through the game (still trying to get the circulation back in my fingers). Congratulations, UNI - you guys played well, and totally deserved the win on the road. The UNH defense did what it had to do today, but unfortunately our offense couldn't take advantage of our defense's effort. Turnovers in the playoffs will kill you, and they did for us today.

Had a chance to meet Cap'n Cat and Ralph before the game - good guys. At least the UNI victory makes the 18 hour trip back a bit easier for those guys!

Good luck next weeek Panthers - I'll be pulling for you.

Granite

Thanks! Great season for UNH. All those 4th down stops for the Panthers were the difference, what was it like 1/6 or something? Ball and Santos are good, REALLY GOOD. Your running back looked pretty good as well.

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Not too many UNH fans that I know thought this game would be anything other than close - a few bandwagoners on the internet notwithstanding. UNI was the better team today, and I will be watching the Panthers with a lot of interest the rest of the way.

More of a dig at the predictor than your fans in general. ;) You guys seem to have quite a few good realistic fans too, it's alway sad when guys like that make outrageous statements. You guys have a lot to look forward to in the future. :hurray:

Pantherpower
December 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Wow! The defense stepped up at critical times when they had to. My wife and I about had a heart attack when Ball got the pitch in the "California-Stanford" Play. Santos is good. Ball is GREAT. His is an Ed McCaffrey type WR and will play on Sundays. Congrats on a great season by UNH. Hopefully, the Gateway has earned some measure of respect today.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 01:59 PM
I would like an explanation from people who really thought UNH would score 50+......

For those who have been to the palyoffs before....as you advance....teams get better......when a team is better.....you score less points......

Great game for both teams.....

GO PANTHERS!!!!!

GO EGYPTIAN DOGS!!!!!

GO GFC!!!!!!

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
I would like an explanation from people who really thought UNH would score 50+......

!

You'll never hear it.

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
I never thought UNH would score 50... but I did think that UNI would need more than 30 points to beat them. But UNI's 'D' played great in 4th down situations and UNH lost three big fumbles that probably cost them points.

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 02:32 PM

For those who have been to the palyoffs before....as you advance....teams get better......when a team is better.....you score less points......

Great game for both teams.....

I didn't predict 50, but I did expect the UNH offense to do more than what it did today. Really, the biggest difference between today and the rest of our season (for the most part) was that the offense just didn't take advantage of what our defense gave us. The UNH defense isn't going to win a lot of games for us. But when they've given us a big stop or gotten a big turnover, the offense has always been able to take advantage and get on top of our opponents. Didn't happen today. I thought in a lot of ways that the offense was far more conservative than it has been all year. Maybe that had to do with the wind and cold, but we had good looks down the field. We just didn't open it up the way we've done all season long.

A big part of the offense's troubles were due to the UNI defense - they are big and fast, and their ability to make big stops on key 3rd and 4th downs was huge. But the turnovers, bad penalties, and dropped passes just KILLED the Wildcats today. You can't make the mistakes that we did and expect to win.

That said, UNI beat us, and was definitely the better team today. Hope you guys get it done next week.

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Congrats to UNH on a great season. Look forward to seeing you (hopefully in the Dome this time :) ) next year.

:beerchug: xprost2x

UNI4Life
December 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Way to go Panthers, it was a great game to watch (as QF games should be). Now, lets go Mustangs.

blur2005
December 3rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Wow, I'm choking on crow right now. I'm feeling a UNI championship!! I said they were like JMU last year.

blackfordpu
December 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
How did UNH lose that game when almost doubling UNI's offensive yards? :confused:

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
How did UNH lose that game when almost doubling UNI's offensive yards? :confused:

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Umass74
December 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Tough to loose a game after ringing up 631 yards of offense.

JohnStOnge
December 3rd, 2005, 04:34 PM

I hope we're not seeing a similar scenario develop at San Marcos right now. Texas State is dominating the game statistically but keeps failing to get any points out of trips to the red zone. Cal Poly did turn the ball over when it should've scored to but the Bobcats still ought to be up by a lot more than 7 right now.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
They started in a 21 to 0 hole

footballsmarts1
December 3rd, 2005, 04:41 PM
everyone is always caught up in yards. as you see they mean nothing. the unh defense had not allowed many points all season but gave up yards. and where considered awful. UNI made big plays and got TO's. the total yards a team gives up is not the mark of a good D. its TOs and points. my hats off to UNI. win it all.

JohnStOnge
December 3rd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Hope this isn't considered smack but....

I wonder what that guy who guaranteed UNH would score more than 50 points is going to say?

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Hope this isn't considered smack but....

I wonder what that guy who guaranteed UNH would score more than 50 points is going to say?

Those Jokers havn't showed up yet.....

UNI92
December 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Your analogy of UNH running up all those yards and not winning is like the guy who spends $300 on a date and then doesn't get laid. :doh:

Best team won today.
UNI is the better team and proved it today. UNH has some great individual players but as a team are not as strong, athletic or have the heart that UNI has.

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 05:00 PM
I still think it was that #1 jinx.
:smiley_wi

siugrad99
December 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Congrats to UNI you really represented the Gateway well. Best of luck next week @ Texas State.

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Congrats to UNI you really represented the Gateway well. Best of luck next week @ Texas State.

Game not over yet.........we may play Cal Poly.

blackfordpu
December 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Game not over yet.........we may play Cal Poly.

The game was over before it started. Cal Poly did not appear prepared for this game.

NC Aggie
December 3rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
everyone is always caught up in yards. as you see they mean nothing. the unh defense had not allowed many points all season but gave up yards. and where considered awful. UNI made big plays and got TO's. the total yards a team gives up is not the mark of a good D. its TOs and points. my hats off to UNI. win it all.

Well I'd say if you gave up less than 200 yards in a game your defense did quite well and if you gave up nearly 700 then probably it wasn't all that stupendous. Of course turnovers matter too.

JohnStOnge
December 3rd, 2005, 07:00 PM

I didn't see the game and I'm glad UNH lost because I didn't want to see the A-10 get THREE in a row but, most of the time, a team that outgains its opponent 631 to 351 and gets 30 first downs to its opponent's 16 is going to win. And, to be totally honest in pulling for Texas State, if I'm pulling for a team that's going to have to play one of the two and I see those stats I'm glad I'm not getting the team that got 631 yards of offense.

eaglesrthe1
December 3rd, 2005, 08:04 PM
So UNI makes it to the semis again. Will the 6th time be the charm?

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
So UNI makes it to the semis again. Will the 6th time be the charm?

maybe.

UNH_ORACLE
December 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Your analogy of UNH running up all those yards and not winning is like the guy who spends $300 on a date and then doesn't get laid. :doh:

Best team won today.
UNI is the better team and proved it today. UNH has some great individual players but as a team are not as strong, athletic or have the heart that UNI has.

That was anyone's game I dont think either team proved that they were superior. UNH is all heart...more heart then UNI has, do you see the stadium they play in? What do you think motivates them? Being a football player at New Hampshire takes all heart... They get nothing and have brought a lackluster program with NO facilities to National recognition...You guys played a great game don't ruin it with idiocy...

crunifan
December 4th, 2005, 09:03 PM
That was anyone's game I dont think either team proved that they were superior. UNH is all heart way more heart that UNI has, do you see the stadium they play in? What do you think motivates them? Being a football player at New Hampshire takes all heart... They get nothing and have brought a lackluster program with NO facilities to National recognition...You guys played a great game don't ruin it with idiocy...

I can't even believe you would say something like that. If anything, UNI just showed UNH how much heart they have, and how much they wanted it.

UNI92
December 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
FACTS to back my claim on the heart, character and mental toughness of UNI FB:
*UNI was 4-3 at one point and coming off of a 38-3 loss at Illinois State. They didn't cave in and give up on their season. They defeated Youngstown St, Western Kentucky (former #1) and Southern Illinois (former #1), Northern Ariona and a great Eastern Washington team during this stretch.
*UNI has outscored their opponents 56-14 in their last six games in the fourth qtr
*UNI has beaten two #1 teams during this stretch, one on the road in double OT
*2 14 point 4th qtr comebacks
*Overcoming a 1,500 mile road trip, early morning start, playing outside in the elements against a great offensive team.

I am not saying that UNH doesn't have any heart, I am just saying that UNI has shown more this season.
Good luck to UNH in the off-season. You had a memorable year and a year to be proud of.

UNH_ORACLE
December 4th, 2005, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=crunifan]I can't even believe you would say something like that. If anything, UNI just showed UNH how much heart they have, and how much they wanted it.[/QUOTE

Well obviously heart doesnt win football games it helps and I am saying I BELIEVE that UNH has more heart then UNI because they have it tougher...They play at a school where football goes unnoticed they dont have good facilities, they rely on their heart and thats why they have gone from 4-7, to 3-8, to 5-7 to 10-3, to 11-2....Look at what they have done and tell me they don't have more heart, it takes heart to get your ass kicked for years and turn around and say we're going to change this and actually do it. that is exactly what all these guys have done, not to say UNI doesn't have heart they too have unbelivalbe hearts they laid it all on the line, but I just didn't agree with that statement that UNI's heart is so much bigger then UNH's, when its not, all that was proved yesterday was that there were two very good teams on that field, you cannot say UNI was stronger, faster and all that BS it was a 3 point game...

Chi Panther
December 4th, 2005, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=crunifan]I can't even believe you would say something like that. If anything, UNI just showed UNH how much heart they have, and how much they wanted it.[/QUOTE

Well obviously heart doesnt win football games it helps and I am saying I BELIEVE that UNH has more heart then UNI because they have it tougher...They play at a school where football goes unnoticed they dont have good facilities, they rely on their heart and thats why they have gone from 4-7, to 3-8, to 5-7 to 10-3, to 11-2....Look at what they have done and tell me they don't have more heart, it takes heart to get your ass kicked for years and turn around and say we're going to change this and actually do it. that is exactly what all these guys have done, not to say UNI doesn't have heart they too have unbelivalbe hearts they laid it all on the line, but I just didn't agree with that statement that UNI's heart is so much bigger then UNH's, when its not, all that was proved yesterday was that there were two very good teams on that field, you cannot say UNI was stronger, faster and all that BS it was a 3 point game...

Valid Post :beerchug:

crunifan
December 4th, 2005, 09:50 PM

I don't think anyone can argue with that! :beerchug:

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 31st, 2005, 07:56 PM
I'm obviously just a little slow to the draw on this request, but does anyone have a tape of the UNI-UNH game? I'll be glad to reimburse you for the postage and return a blank VHS tape or DVD -- I'm open to either format. Chalk up the serious delay to deep depression as well as the holidays! xlolx xlolx

PM me or send an email, but give me a heads up if you email as it isn't my primary account. Oh, it isn't that I'm a masochist, I just want to see that final play as well as hear what commentary there was during the game.

Happy New Year!!

igo4uni
January 1st, 2006, 12:21 PM
I'm obviously just a little slow to the draw on this request, but does anyone have a tape of the UNI-UNH game? I'll be glad to reimburse you for the postage and return a blank VHS tape or DVD -- I'm open to either format. Chalk up the serious delay to deep depression as well as the holidays! xlolx xlolx

PM me or send an email, but give me a heads up if you email as it isn't my primary account. Oh, it isn't that I'm a masochist, I just want to see that final play as well as hear what commentary there was during the game.

Happy New Year!!

try over on panthernation.

http://www.panthernation.com