PDA

View Full Version : Ray Woodard Announces Texas A&M Transfer Billy Chavis To Play Football At Lamar

CSN Log
June 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
06-03-2009 06:08 PM

Ray Woodard Announces Texas A&M Transfer Billy Chavis To Play Football At Lamar

Lamar head football coach Ray Woodard has announced that former Beaumont West Brook standout Billy Chavis has transferred to Lamar and will be a member of the school’s football program beginning this fall.

Chavis has spent the last two seasons at Texas A&M where he appeared in 11 games under coaches Dennis Franchione and Mike Sherman. He saw playing time on the defensive side of the ball, logging action at defensive end, linebacker and safety for the Aggies.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/06/03/ray-woodard-announces-texas-aaamp-m-tran?blog=2#more5040)

TexasTerror
June 3rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Lamar is going to plug this one hard. Local boy come home. Can't say that I've seen such a lengthy write-up on someone that is not a very familiar name...

All you got to do is read this part to see why this is a big deal for the Cards...

Chavis also commented on the excitement of playing for the only Division I football program in Southeast Texas.

"It's great to have a program in Beaumont," said Chavis, who is listed at 6-foot-5, 250 pounds. "Had they had a program four or five years ago I am sure that myself and quite a few others (in the area) would have considered playing at Lamar to stay closer to home.

"And you can already see from the first prep signing class how coach Woodard and his staff have secured some of the best talent this region has to offer."