PDA

View Full Version : 2011 FCS NFL Draft Prospects

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 12:21 PM
I know it is far down the road and way too early but I was curious to see if you have a rising junior on your team that you think has a shot at the NFL or could based on measurables, production, athletic ability, etc.

Here is a list to get it started.

FS Mark LeGree Appalachian State
OLB D.J. Smith Appalachian State
QB Pat Devlin Delaware
RB Phillip Sylvester Florida A&M
DT Kendrick Ellis Hampton
CB Kelvyn Hemphill Illinois State
OT Will Rackley Lehigh
OG David Arkin Missouri State
RB Chase Reynolds Montana
CB Justin Rogers Richmond
WR Kevin Grayson Richmond
RB Chris Evans Samford
OT Johnny Culbreath South Carolina State
CB Korey Lindsey Southern Illinois
LB Jabara Williams Stephen F. Austin
CB Eugene Clifford Tennessee State
RB Karrington Bush Texas State
OT Mark Tos UC Davis
OT Benjamin Ijalana Villanova
WR Mike Phillips Weber State
FS Mitchell Bell Western Carolina

Native
May 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM
I know it is far down the road and way too early but I was curious to see if you have a rising junior on your team that you think has a shot at the NFL or could based on measurables, production, athletic ability, etc.

Mike is a very exciting player who is often able to achieve separation and make big plays, but seems to drop one great pass every game before settling down. In my opinion, he is a little light at 185 and has yet to consistently demonstrate the killer instinct and sure hands necessary to play at the next level. But he has two more years on a very good team to make it happen.

Mike Phillips # 1
Receiver - WR
Weber State Wildcats
Height: 6-1 Weight: 185
Hometown: Seaside, California

All Big Sky Conference Honorable Mention 2008

2008 Statistics:

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Phillips 14 37 696 18.8 6 62 49.7

Native
May 31st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Cameron Higgins should definitely be under consideration for the Class of 2011. In addition to proven performance and athleticism, he has a couple more years on a very good team with good coaches to add a little beef to his 6-2 frame and improve his already impressive judgment and decision-making.

Cameron Higgins # 12
Weber State Wildcats
Quarterback - QB
Height: 6-2 Weight: 195
Junior
Hometown: Hawai'i Kai, Hawai'i

2008 Big Sky Conference Offensive MVP and All-Conference QB

2007 Big Sky Conference NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR and Honorable Mention All- Conference selection

2008 Stats from the Big Sky Conference web site:

TOTAL OFFENSE G Plays Rush Pass Total Avg/G
----------------------------------------------
Cameron Higgins 14 520 -77 4477 4400 314.3

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
Cameron Higgins 14 166.42 305-465-13 65.6 4477 36 65 319.8

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cameron Higgins should definitely be under consideration for the Class of 2011. In addition to proven performance and athleticism, he has a couple more years on a very good team with good coaches to add a little beef to his 6-2 frame and improve his already impressive judgment and decision-making.

Cameron Higgins # 12
Weber State Wildcats
Quarterback - QB
Height: 6-2 Weight: 195
Junior
Hometown: Hawai'i Kai, Hawai'i

2008 Big Sky Conference Offensive MVP and All-Conference QB

2007 Big Sky Conference NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR and Honorable Mention All- Conference selection

TOTAL OFFENSE G Plays Rush Pass Total Avg/G
----------------------------------------------
Cameron Higgins 14 520 -77 4477 4400 314.3

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
Cameron Higgins 14 166.42 305-465-13 65.6 4477 36 65 319.8

He is a great FCS player but I don't think he will get drafted and his best bet is the CFL, IMO. I think if he beefs up and keeps putting up big numbers he will get in a camp but I think he will be a Ricky Santos type. His style just does not translate.

Phillips is a legit guy due to his tools. If he develops and keeps working hard, he could get serious looks.

Native
May 31st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Weber State's placekicker Jon Williams has a decent shot at the league.

Jon Williams # 2
Weber State University
Place Kicker - PK
Height: 5-10 Weight: 200
Junior
Hometown: San Diego, California

Williams made 2nd-team All-SWAC in 2006 as a true freshman at Alcorn State, then redshirted at Grossmont CC before getting picked up last year for Weber. Coach Mac likes him for his overweening self-confidence under pressure. At 67 yards and 4+ seconds hang time, Williams already makes NFL-quality kickoffs and logged more than a dozen touchbacks with no OOB kicks last year, despite being held out of several games with a groin injury. His consistency and range on field goals are OK - better than Danny Urrego who signed with Buffalo - but still need improvement to play at the next level. His biggest disadvantage is playing for an offense that can score touchdowns almost at will, decreasing his FG opportunities.

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Williams 10-13 76.9 0-0 3-3 5-7 2-3 0-0 42 1

BEAR
May 31st, 2009, 03:45 PM

FS Mark LeGree Appalachian State
OLB D.J. Smith Appalachian State
QB Pat Devlin Delaware
RB Phillip Sylvester Florida A&M
DT Kendrick Ellis Hampton
CB Kelvyn Hemphill Illinois State
OT Will Rackley Lehigh
OG David Arkin Missouri State
RB Chase Reynolds Montana
CB Justin Rogers Richmond
WR Kevin Grayson Richmond
RB Chris Evans Samford
OT Johnny Culbreath South Carolina State
CB Korey Lindsey Southern Illinois
LB Jabara Williams Stephen F. Austin
CB Eugene Clifford Tennessee State
RB Karrington Bush Texas State
OT Mark Tos UC Davis
OT Benjamin Ijalana Villanova
FS Mitchell Bell Western Carolina
XX Doe John FBS transfer with best shot (i.e. Bomar etc)

There, updated it to include a spot for the FBS transfers that will most likely be drafted. xlolxxnodx

Hoyadestroya85
May 31st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Marquis Kirkland LB Villanova
Aaron Ball RB Villanova
Terrance Thomas LB Villanova

smallcollegefbfan
June 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
There, updated it to include a spot for the FBS transfers that will most likely be drafted. xlolxxnodx

I thought Devlin was that transfer? :D

katstrapper
June 7th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Just curous what scouts might be seeing in Karrington Bush. To me he has been a steady back for Tx State, but nothing extraordinary. Middle of the pack in stats in the Southland Conference. He has been 3rd in rushing the last two years.

TexasTerror
June 7th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Just curous what scouts might be seeing in Karrington Bush. To me he has been a steady back for Tx State, but nothing extraordinary. Middle of the pack in stats in the Southland Conference. He has been 3rd in rushing the last two years.

Not going to be first in the league in rushing when your squad has the most RB depth in the league (especially last year with Canady and Zwingii) and named by Sports Network as having RB depth that is top 5 in the nation.

League-leader in all purpose yards last year, one of the top kicker returners in the league. He's a dynamic player.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Very good speed and productive player. You don't have to be #1 in rushing in a conference to get in the NFL, either. His size does hurt though, which is why he is a likely borderline draft pick or free agent, unless he can blaze a 4.3 and then he might move up because of his versatility.

colorless raider
June 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Pat Simmonds WR
6'5, 230

Colgate Red Raider
Excellent receiver in a run oriented offense

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Pat Simmonds WR
6'5, 230

Colgate Red Raider
Excellent receiver in a run oriented offense

He is in the 2010 draft class. I have him listed in the other thread.

appfan2008
June 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I know he aint the ideal height and weight for the pros but the reigning payton award winner will get a shot

edit: I am an idiot... this is 2011 not 2010... sorry

smallcollegefbfan
June 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I know he aint the ideal height and weight for the pros but the reigning payton award winner will get a shot

edit: I am an idiot... this is 2011 not 2010... sorry

lol yeah I was going to say.