PDA

View Full Version : Colleges pay to play: UCA Pays for Move Up

CSN Log
May 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
05-20-2009 07:10 PM

Colleges pay to play: UCA Pays for Move Up

The University of Central Arkansas stepped up from Division II athletics to Division 1AA in 2006. This was one of many questionable calls made during the administration of President Lu Hardin, who has since resigned under pressure. UCA is looking for a new president now, and one of the first and largest problems he or she will have to confront is the painful cost of upward mobility in sports. It’s not inconceivable that UCA, now under closer watch by state government and the public, would have to step back down, a rare occurrence in intercollegiate athletics.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/05/20/colleges-pay-to-play-uca-pays-for-move-u?blog=2#more4975)

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Here's some $$$ for UCA...

Aside from high-profile road games against NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision competition, the contests will give the athletic department needed income, something that is essential as UCA moves along in the Division I transition. UCA will receive $225,000 for its road game with Tulsa, $325,000 for the contest against Oklahoma State and $375,000 for the Ole Miss game. Those three will represent the biggest single payoffs in UCA history.

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/052209/spo_0522090026.shtml

BEAR
May 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
We've got a statewide newspaper that is trying it's hardest to discredit UCA in every way possible. It's fear and it will pass I'm sure. Front page of the Democrat Gazette has a story that says UCA athletics used money from other departments to fund itself, but goes on to say it's legal to do that...So where is the story in that? Then it goes on to say that the other division I universities don't do that..the other more wealthy and established universities that is...what a joke for a paper. xlolx and what a horribly written article..xnodx