PDA

View Full Version : Bomar's 3/4 delivery...

BEAR
May 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Sounds like the 3/4 delivery is making a comeback...xlolx

Giants | Bomar occasionally using a three-quarters delivery
Comment (0)
Sun, 10 May 2009 12:00:45 -0700

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants QB Rhett Bomar sailed a few of his passes in his first action with the team. When he settled down, he did show a quick release that at times came from a three-quarters delivery. Head coach Tom Coughlin said, "It's real quick, it's all arm kind of thing. I can see we're going to have to really work hard to get his momentum going into his throws, especially off to the left."

and..

Giants | Bomar, Woodson competing for No. 3 QB job
Comment (0)
Sun, 10 May 2009 11:59:45 -0700

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants QB Rhett Bomar is competing with QB Andre' Woodson for the No. 3 quarterback job.

katstrapper
May 12th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Former Houston Texans QB David Carr, now Giants backup, had a very awkward delivery coming out of Fresno St. Think about Bernie Kosar. He had one of the worst deliveries I have ever seen. Looked like he was pushing the ball.

I did notice at time Bomar would drop his arm down when throwing the ball. Mechanics issue I think they can resolve. He also had a bad habit at times of throwing off of his back foot. Other than that, he has a strong arm and can be very accurate.

Hoyadestroya85
May 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
By all accounts, Bomar had an excellent minicamp

Hoyadestroya85
May 13th, 2009, 07:17 PM
for what its worth..

Thundering_Herd
May 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
After watching the NDSU/SHSU game in Fargo, I'm convinced that Bomar is one of the best athletes to play in the Fargodome. IMO, he'll do well in the NFL given the chance to showcase his abilities.

katstrapper
May 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM
After watching the NDSU/SHSU game in Fargo, I'm convinced that Bomar is one of the best athletes to play in the Fargodome. IMO, he'll do well in the NFL given the chance to showcase his abilities.

I think he will do well. Very athletic and a strong kid. I am not too concerned about his delivery. Think he will suprise some folks in the NFL.xcoffeex

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I think he will do well. Very athletic and a strong kid. I am not too concerned about his delivery. Think he will suprise some folks in the NFL.xcoffeex

I thought he should have gone higher in the draft. I agree with you. He should be just fine.

Head Cat
May 26th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Sonny Jurgensen, who had one of the greatest arms in NFL history, with one of the quickest releases, also threw three-quarter and it didn't keep him out of the Hall of Fame. Bomar will be fine.

What could have the Eagles been thinking when they traded Jurgensen for Norm Snead?

lionsrking2
June 8th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Sounds like the 3/4 delivery is making a comeback...xlolx

and..

He also has a tendency to have a high elbow on some throws which affects accuracy. Never have been a fan of his mechanics.