PDA

View Full Version : Giants Coach Praises Barden

smallcollegefbfan
May 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/05/rookie-wrs-catch-coughlins-eye.html

UMass922
May 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Good stuff in there about Bomar as well:

Bomar looked pretty good in his first day in the NFL. He showed off a strong arm and definitely has a quick release — something that his competition for the third spot, Andre’ Woodson, definitely doesn’t have. In fact, on a day when Woodson seemed a little shaky, Bomar looked more like the guy who had already been in the league for a year.

“I think it went well,” Bomar said. “I was probably a little jumpy at first. Coach had to calm me down a little bit. But I got more comfortable as the day went on.”

Bomar, by the way, played in the Senior Bowl on the same team as Rames Barden so he’s pretty familiar with the Cal Poly receiver. And like Barden, Bomar is also trying to make the jump from Division I-AA.

“A lot of people think that you have to make a huge jump just because you’re coming from I-AA,” Bomar said. “But I don’t buy into that. Yeah, it’s a little bit different, but once you get used to the speed here and you get around these guys I think you’ll get adjusted pretty well if you’re a great player, like he is.

“There is a little bit of difference (down at I-AA). What I always tell everybody is there’s athletes that can play at that level. The main difference is the lines. Guys aren’t as big and as fast. But you’ve still got guys who can play.”

BEAR
May 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Looks like Barden is having a little trouble:

Giants | Barden dinged
Comment (0)
Sun, 10 May 2009 08:30:23 -0700

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants rookie WR Ramses Barden (leg) left practice Saturday, May 9, with a leg injury. It appeared to be a hamstring injury and he did not return to action. He stood watching the remainder of practice with his leg wrapped.

Not serious though...