PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Announces 2009 Thursday TV Schedule

CSN Log
May 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM
05-04-2009 03:46 PM

SWAC Announces 2009 Thursday TV Schedule

The Southwestern Athletic Conference has announced its four-game Thursday football schedule for the upcoming 2009 season.

All televised Thursday games will be shown live on ESPNU, beginning on Oct. 1 with Univ. Arkansas-Pine Bluff hosting Alcorn State at Golden Lion Stadium. In 2008, the teams played on Thursday night, with the Braves taking a 13-3 home win on Sept. 18.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/05/04/swac-announces-2009-thursday-tv-schedule?blog=2#more4909)

TexasTerror
May 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Only three SWAC games on ESPN? Weren't their more SWAC conference games on the ESPN family last year? Or is this just the Thursday package?

I'm most curious about the LDC. That game going to be on ESPNU? I know MEAC-SWAC and Bayou Classic are good to go.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 5th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Only three SWAC games on ESPN? Weren't their more SWAC conference games on the ESPN family last year? Or is this just the Thursday package?

I'm most curious about the LDC. That game going to be on ESPNU? I know MEAC-SWAC and Bayou Classic are good to go.

It's four games and the LDC doesn't deserve to be televised now.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2009, 07:32 AM
It's four games and the LDC doesn't deserve to be televised now.

Not counting the out of conference match-up. Talking about SWAC vs SWAC games.

I'm guessing TXST v TSU will be televised on SLC TV again.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Not counting the out of conference match-up. Talking about SWAC vs SWAC games.

I'm guessing TXST v TSU will be televised on SLC TV again.

Can never admit you were wrong huh....

Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26 will feature the 86th Turkey Day Classic between Alabama State and Tuskegee at 3 p.m. in Montgomery, AL. Last year the Hornets ended Tuskegee’s 26-game winning streak with a 17-13 win.

If the game is hosted by a SWAC team... at a SWAC home field or even rented out by a SWAC team then it is a SWAC game.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
If the game is hosted by a SWAC team... at a SWAC home field or even rented out by a SWAC team then it is a SWAC game.

I'm right - because it's not SWAC vs SWAC regardless of what field it is on. SWAC stadium or otherwise.

3rd Coast - you'll get a kick out of the folks on the TXST board. Saying they play TSU, which counts as a Div I, but is like playing a Div II. xthumbsupx

FYI - for reporting purposes, Reliant Stadium is not your home field for football. xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
May 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
3rd Coast - you'll get a kick out of the folks on the TXST board. Saying they play TSU, which counts as a Div I, but is like playing a Div II. xthumbsupx

FYI - for reporting purposes, Reliant Stadium is not your home field for football. xlolx

You're wrong: I wouldn't get a kick out of the TxState board. I venture over there from time to time. The only way I'd get a kick out of it is if we had a SWAC critic such as yourself.

Hey, I got and idea! Why don't you tell us all (again) about the time you notified the NCAA about that. xthumbsupx Pefect opportunity to "praise" yourself as usual.

While we're at it: How is that Bowers powerwashing going for you and the AD? xlolx

Syntax Error
May 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM
If the game is hosted by a SWAC team... at a SWAC home field or even rented out by a SWAC team then it is a SWAC game.By that definition extended, every game including a SWAC team is a SWAC game. Playing a non-SWAC team means it is (prolly) not a SWAC game, broadcast rights and such. Is that the case?

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
By that definition extended, every game including a SWAC team is a SWAC game. Playing a non-SWAC team means it is (prolly) not a SWAC game, broadcast rights and such. Is that the case?

Now you are just making a mockery of the SWAC championship game because by 3rd Coast's definition - the conference standings are skewed. xeekx