PDA

View Full Version : UCA QB Cut

smallcollegefbfan
May 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM
The Jaguars have cut UCA QB Nathan Brown from camp. I'm not as surprised as many of you will be. He is a game QB and not a practice or workout QB. I'm sure he looked about the same at tryouts as he did at the Senior Bowl practices and the combine and thus he was cut. I hate this for him and hope someone else gives him a shot.

BEAR
May 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM
He'll be picked up before you will! xnodxxlolxxlolx Just kidding! He's got the game and someone will give him a shot! xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
May 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM
He'll be picked up before you will! xnodxxlolxxlolx Just kidding! He's got the game and someone will give him a shot! xthumbsupx

Hopefully. I really hope a team brings him to camp and gives him a shot. These tryouts and workouts aren't his thing. As you know, he is a gamer.

Hood
May 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't mind my Saints cutting Harrington and using Nathan Brown as the third stringer/Practice Squad QB.

McNeese75
May 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Damn, that was quick xeekx

slycat
May 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Time to head to Canada

GeauxLions94
May 4th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Arena League ... oops, nevermind xoopsx

Surprised to see Brown get a quick hook. He's definitely a gamer. Canada might be a pretty good option.

BEAR
May 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Damn, that was quick xeekx

xeekx That is exactly what my eyes looked like when I found out!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_dnF0VwmSbkk/RvliUZKCMqI/AAAAAAAAACc/y_dMvsGdWCM/s400/bug.bmp

jmufan999
May 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
yeah you're right, i am surprised. certainly looked a hell of a lot better than Graham Harrell at the Senior Bowl. not saying much, i know. but i liked the kid and was rooting for him. someone will give him another chance. long time before the season starts.

SandMountainDemon
May 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Saints signed Brown earlier today.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM

I get this John Fourcade sort-of vibe with Nathan - meaning he's a perfect fit for the Saints, let me tell you.

We'll see if he sticks.

Purple Pride
May 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Where did you hear that?

SandMountainDemon
May 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I have sources all through out the NFL and one of them happens to be with the Saints.

smallcollegefbfan
May 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Where did you hear that?

I think I saw it on the wire earlier today as well. I agree with someone else that the Saints could be where he fits in. Hopefully they give him a chance by letting him stick around through training camp. They have Harrington, Brees, and Brunell on roster and he would be competing with UCLA QB Patrick Cowan for the 4th string spot on roster, which would likely be a practice squad spot.

Purple Pride
May 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Fair enough.

Thanks guys. xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
May 5th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I have sources all through out the NFL and one of them happens to be with the Saints.Yeah, the wire is a good source in these Internet days. xnodxxthumbsupx