PDA

View Full Version : (JMU's) Scotty McGee Scoots In Rain

BDKJMU
April 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Scotty Scoots In Rain
JMU Speedster Timed In 4.31
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=37467&CHID=3&sub=

Why he was an AA last season and should be again this season.

JMU Newbill
May 6th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Too early to discuss this.... but how many teams do you think will actually kick to McGee next year?

smallcollegefbfan
May 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
That is great to see. Hopefully McGee gets a look as a return man in the NFL. He could be the next Dante Hall!

Tribe4SF
May 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Too early to discuss this.... but how many teams do you think will actually kick to McGee next year?

You won't see the Tribe doing it. Actually, punting was about the only thing we did well against JMU last year.

grizband
May 6th, 2009, 10:51 AM

I don't remember the exact statistics, but didn't the Griz do ok kicking to McGee last year?

mcveyrl
May 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I don't remember the exact statistics, but didn't the Griz do ok kicking to McGee last year?

I KNEW it would only be a matter of time before this came up.

And BS on not knowing the statistics (I think it was two fumbles)...:o

Hoyadestroya85
May 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
not kicking to mcgee may have lost villanova the first game..

JMU Newbill
May 7th, 2009, 06:18 AM
See I think you can make the argument either way. Not kicking to him gives us incredible field position (hence the Villanova game). Kicking to him can work out ok (hence the Montana game), or kill you (hence the App St & Richmond game).

BDKJMU
May 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
See I think you can make the argument either way. Not kicking to him gives us incredible field position (hence the Villanova game). Kicking to him can work out ok (hence the Montana game), or kill you (hence the App St & Richmond game).

You can add to ASU & UR NCCU (punt return for TD), UD (punt return for TD) and UMass (numerous long returns that led to shorter TD drives).

JMU Newbill
May 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
You can add to ASU & UR NCCU (punt return for TD), UD (punt return for TD) and UMass (numerous long returns that led to shorter TD drives).

Eh... the NCCU game was a joke.... his kick return didn't really make a difference in that game. Same with the UD game... UMASS yea the field position certainly helped.

Smendy
May 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Scotty McGee will miss another 6 weeks due to a foot injury. He should be healed by the season opener, but scouts might question his durability if these injuries keep popping up.

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Scotty McGee will miss another 6 weeks due to a foot injury. He should be healed by the season opener, but scouts might question his durability if these injuries keep popping up.

Too many injuries. Pure free agent at this point. If he improves heavily as a CB, stays healthy, and does what he did last year he would then have a shot.

JMU Newbill
May 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Unless some no-name undrafted rookie free agent CB returns 3 or 4 kicks for touchdowns this year in the NFL.... then its right back to Scottie having a great shot. Just like I think AE is going to get drafted fairly high because I can see the NFL using the wildcat formation WAY more this year, a position that AE would fit into very well.

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Unless some no-name undrafted rookie free agent CB returns 3 or 4 kicks for touchdowns this year in the NFL.... then its right back to Scottie having a great shot. Just like I think AE is going to get drafted fairly high because I can see the NFL using the wildcat formation WAY more this year, a position that AE would fit into very well.

I will say this. AE is rated much higher by teams than most, including myself, have him at right now but he must stay healthy and the wildcat must continue to grow among use in the NFL, as you said, and then AE could go in say the 4th or 5th round range. If he is banged up a good bit and White struggles then you are probably looking at 7th rd or free agent for him.

Smendy
May 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Too many injuries. Pure free agent at this point. If he improves heavily as a CB, stays healthy, and does what he did last year he would then have a shot.

I agree SCFbfan.

But do the dynamics change, however, if runs a sub 4.4 at the Combine, where he is electronically timed, and checks out healthy? Knox was drafted largely due to his 40 time last month and he was D2?

I guess, my point is, is there a certain 40 time that could guarentee being picked, even in the later rounds? McGee's lack of DB talent won't help, either, I assume.

JMU Newbill
May 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I agree SCFbfan.

But do the dynamics change, however, if runs a sub 4.4 at the Combine, where he is electronically timed, and checks out healthy? Knox was drafted largely due to his 40 time last month and he was D2?

I guess, my point is, is there a certain 40 time that could guarentee being picked, even in the later rounds? McGee's lack of DB talent won't help, either, I assume.

haha yea... amazing 40 times guarantee you get picked by the Raiders.... which i wouldnt wish upon scottie or anyone else!

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I agree SCFbfan.

If he ran a 4.2 or 4.3 and was healthy all year long but coming from FCS if you can't pass the medical tests you will not get drafted no matter what you do.

Not sure a 4.2 would get him picked by the Raiders because he is small and the Raiders love guys with size AND speed, regardless if they can play or not. :)

YoUDeeMan
May 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
AE competes, but his style of play repeatedly puts him in danger of injury. Those hits add up for lightweights. It is only a matter of time before he goes down again this year.

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
AE competes, but his style of play repeatedly puts him in danger of injury. Those hits add up for lightweights. It is only a matter of time before he goes down again this year.

Which is why ASU would be in trouble if not for the fact they have a very good backup in DeAndre Presley. I firmly believe AE will have some type of injury this year and because of his size no NFL team will draft him because of concerns that he might be fragile.