PDA

View Full Version : Wolfe may transfer to Louisiana FCS school

CSN Log
April 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
04-30-2009 03:46 PM

Wolfe may transfer to Louisiana FCS school

Former Central High School (Baton Rouge) quarterback Tyler Wolfe has decided that he will leave Louisville and transfer elsewhere to continue his college football career. The 6′5, 230 pound Wolfe told me that he is transferring as a result of Louisville changing from a predominantly passing attack to more of a running offense.

Going into spring practice, Wolfe (6-5, 220) was the number one quarterback prior to the change of philosophy. He was 2-of-4 with 14 yards passing during three regular season appearances with the Cardinals.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/30/wolfe-may-transfer-to-louisiana-fcs-scho?blog=2#more4889)

TexasTerror
April 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Isn't NWST going after another FBS QB?
Would McNeese take an FBS QB?
The Lions are fine at QB with Babin, right?
Nicholls is obviously out due to the game they run.
Texas State - San Marcos loves their QB.
SHSU may have Blake Joseph, but we don't know that yet.

Who could it be? I think NWST.

JohnStOnge
April 30th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Would McNeese take an FBS QB?

Yes. But my understanding is that they tend to take transfers they have some pre-existing relationship with. They've had transfer quarterbacks in the past like Slade Nagle in the early 2000s and the guy who backed up Scott Pendarvis during the 2002 season when they made the title game. In fact that guy was instrumental in getting them to the national championship game but his name escapes me at the moment.

Both of those QBs came from Barbe High School in Lake Charles, though, and Nagle was the son of a McNeese coach at the time.

JohnStOnge
April 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Amazing. I saw a Central High School playoff game THIS year and they had a real good QB who was very tall, a real good passer, and could run well even though he was playing hurt. At first I thought maybe that's who they were talking about but, of course, I was having a brain lock because that guy's still at Central High School until at least the end of this school year (I don't even know if he's a senior or not).

TexasTerror
April 30th, 2009, 06:28 PM
So do ties exist between Wolfe and McNeese?

Glad more SLC schools are involved in the FBS QB transfer talks this go around. Seems like it tends to focus around the Texas schools (TXST, SHSU and SFA). Glad this one is focused on the Louisiana ones with a mention of the Texas ones.. ;)

JohnStOnge
April 30th, 2009, 06:34 PM
So do ties exist between Wolfe and McNeese?

Don't know. Other McNeese people can speak to that kind of thing in a more informed manner. But I think "ties" can include having talked to players during the recruiting process. Like, for instance, the infamous Cecil Collins actually made a visit to McNeese during the recruiting process before signing with LSU.

JohnStOnge
April 30th, 2009, 06:41 PM
The Lions are fine at QB with Babin, right?
Texas State - San Marcos loves their QB.

McNeese is very happy with its QB too but, remember, this guy is a redshirt sophmore so teams might take him if they can get him. However, I agree that the current quarterback situation is a factor. I think that if he went to McNeese, for instance, there's almost no way he'd start next season. He didn't go to Spring practice and there's a starter who has done a very good job. He'd have to pick up the offense well enough during August to beat Fourroux out, assuming that would happen. Then if he did there might be team chemistry problems.

Same kind of thing at Texas State.

So he may be more likely to enroll in a place where the chances that he'll open next season as starter are better.

TexasTerror
April 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Houston Chronicle blog covering it...

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/2009/04/louisville_transfer_interested.html

McNeese75
April 30th, 2009, 10:32 PM
He is wayyyyyyyyyyy to big to play QB at McNeese xlolx. I do not ever remember a 6'5" QB at McNeese. NWST would be interesting since rumors are that Jarret Lee from LSU will be headed that way in the Summer.

BEAR
April 30th, 2009, 11:05 PM
The SLC...your FBS quarterback dumping grounds. xnodxxnodxxlolx

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Being reported on Fork'em Demons - that he signed with NSU this morning.