PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska QB to transfer to Yale

CSN Log
April 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
04-30-2009 08:30 AM

Nebraska QB to transfer to Yale

Former Nebraska quarterback Patrick Witt, who decided to transfer prior to the start of spring practice in February, has officially chosen Yale as his destination.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/30/nebraska-qb-to-transfer-to-yale?blog=2#more4879)

Syntax Error
April 30th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Nice one! Makes one ponder sometime about how many top recruits the Ivy schools could get ... of course smart ones... What smart parent would not want their kid to go Ivy if given the chance?

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Good pickup for Yale! I remember Jeff Witt, the older brother who QB'ed at Harvard. He had a nice arm, but never could get the #1 slot. He also had some injury issues.

Gawd, Yale will be foaming at the mouth to win The Game this year: new coach, new blood, and they haven't beaten Harvard in New Haven since '99.

bulldog10jw
April 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

A year ago Patrick Witt seemed to be in line to become the next starting quarterback to Nebraska. However, if the 6-foot-4, 220-pounder from Wylie, Texas earns the starting QB position, it will be for Yale.

Witt, the No. 2 quarterback at Nebraska in 2008 as a redshirt freshman, was accepted at Yale on Friday and is planning to enroll at Yale in June.

The impact of transfers can be hard to predict but something tells me that a player in contention to be the starting at Nebraska could become a serious impact performer in the Ivy League.

"It's a combination of things, as I get older I understand the importance of education," Witt said. "Yale is a great fit for me. I got to meet the coaches, I got to know them and know there is a lot of excitement surrounding the program right now with Coach Williams being there and a whole new staff. I felt very comfortable with them and I knew that was the caliber of education that I wanted to receive. I knew if there was a chance to go there as far as the application process, I knew that was a place I wanted to be."

Cobblestone
April 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Sounds like this kid has a good head on his shoulders. You don't often hear of IVY League schools landing FBS transfers.

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Sounds like this kid has a good head on his shoulders. You don't often hear of IVY League schools landing FBS transfers.

Harvard has had two good ones: Clifton Dawson transferred from Northwestern, and Richard Irvin (QB) transferred from Tulane (although he never became a starter).

brownbear
April 30th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Good pickup for Yale! I remember Jeff Witt, the older brother who QB'ed at Harvard. He had a nice arm, but never could get the #1 slot. He also had some injury issues.

Gawd, Yale will be foaming at the mouth to win The Game this year: new coach, new blood, and they haven't beaten Harvard in New Haven since '99.

Wow, I completely forgot about Jeff Witt. He went to my high school's archrival (Chattahoochee) for three years before transfering to one of the top football schools in the state (Parkview). He was a big deal recruit coming out of high school, and I was surprised he never got to be a starter.

I didn't know he had a younger brother who was recruited by Nebraska. Very smart kids.

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, I completely forgot about Jeff Witt. He went to my high school's archrival (Chattahoochee) for three years before transfering to one of the top football schools in the state (Parkview). He was a big deal recruit coming out of high school, and I was surprised he never got to be a starter.

I didn't know he had a younger brother who was recruited by Nebraska. Very smart kids.

He may have started a game or two, but I think he got hurt pretty quickly. Then Chris Pizzotti kind of took over.