PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Banks?

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Magman,

I haven't seen who signed him. Did he sign with a team after the draft?

Appguy
April 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I haven't heard anything for any of our guys.
I don't expect it either for Pierre.

Undersized for LB, too slow for Safety

mcveyrl
April 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
You would think somebody would bring him in to camp this weekend to see what he could do...

smallcollegefbfan
April 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I haven't heard anything for any of our guys.
I don't expect it either for Pierre.

Undersized for LB, too slow for Safety

I tried telling people what you just said but Magman thought I was crazy. Had Banks really run a 4.5 40 he would have been brought in to camp.

I am not trying to rub it in but people need to use common sense on some of these things. It was like when people thought Nathan Brown was higher than a 7th round pick and felt he would get drafted. There is no way a small school QB under 6'1 1/2 with a side arm throwing motion gets drafted high and very slim they are drafted at all. That is why I have been shocked people actually think a 5'10 CB with 4.5 or 4.6 speed from WIU is going in the top 5 rounds next year when we all know that you have to be 5'11 or taller, 4.4 or faster, and it even helps to play in an all-star game. Derek Cox went higher because of his special teams ability.

Tribe4SF
April 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I tried telling people what you just said but Magman thought I was crazy. Had Banks really run a 4.5 40 he would have been brought in to camp.

I am not trying to rub it in but people need to use common sense on some of these things. It was like when people thought Nathan Brown was higher than a 7th round pick and felt he would get drafted. There is no way a small school QB under 6'1 1/2 with a side arm throwing motion gets drafted high and very slim they are drafted at all. That is why I have been shocked people actually think a 5'10 CB with 4.5 or 4.6 speed from WIU is going in the top 5 rounds next year when we all know that you have to be 5'11 or taller, 4.4 or faster, and it even helps to play in an all-star game. Derek Cox went higher because of his special teams ability.

According to the Jaguars, Cox went when he did because they think he will be starting at CB sometime next season. They thought he was one of only a few corners this year who they believed could be starters. Plenty of nickel and dime guys, but very few true cover corners.

smallcollegefbfan
April 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
According to the Jaguars, Cox went when he did because they think he will be starting at CB sometime next season. They thought he was one of only a few corners this year who they believed could be starters. Plenty of nickel and dime guys, but very few true cover corners.

His special teams ability and speed also made him more valuable as well. He can return kicks and give them time as a nickel back this year and I think he could be a solid starter as well.