PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely FCS Players to be Drafted Before the 7th Round?

Native
April 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Of the 30 Football Championship Subdivision players officially listed as NFL Draft prospects at NFL.comm, and the 30+ players listed on various sites devoted to the draft, who has the best chance to be drafted BEFORE Round 7 in the 2009 NFL Draft?

Here is the list of FCS players ranked at 234 or above for the 2009 draft, as listed on CBS Sports' "NFL DraftScout.com" web site:
(http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2009?&start_row=1)

75. RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
79. DE Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond
96. OLB Jason Williams, Western Illinois
99. WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly
106. QB Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
141. CB Lardarius Webb, Nicholls State
155. OT Joel Bell, Furman
148. DT Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
175. OLB Lee Robinson, Alcorn State
181. WR Dominique Edison, Stephen F. Austin
184. RB Javarius Williams, Tennessee State
191. DL Chris Baker, Hampton
200. QB Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas
205. OL Cornelius Lewis, Tennessee State
211. OG Cecil newton, Tennessee State
215. DE Pierre Walters, Eastern Illinois

352. FB Marcus Mailei (My homer pick)

BEAR
April 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
200.QB Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas..much higher than 200! (homer vote) )

Native
April 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
200.QB Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas..much higher than 200! (homer vote) )

Homer votes are just fine! My cumbersome poll stinks anyway! xpeacex

smallcollegefbfan
April 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I think a few of those guys are too high. Would be surprised if Newton got drafted and I am not sure that Robinson, Brown, and Bell go higher than the 7th round.

Native
April 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I think a few of those guys are too high. Would be surprised if Newton got drafted and I am not sure that Robinson, Brown, and Bell go higher than the 7th round.

Maybe. I just took the top nine as ranked by CBS, to get the conversation started.

The poll probably should have been:

How many FCS players will be drafted before the 7th round?

More than 16?
16?
15?
14?
Fewer than 14?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Maybe. I just took the top nine as ranked by CBS, to get the conversation started.

The poll probably should have been:

How many FCS players will be drafted before the 7th round?

More than 16?
16?
15?
14?
Fewer than 14?

Not sure what will really happen, but a significant number of experts think that it's a mortal lock that there will be fewer than 14 FCS players in the first six rounds this year.

Personally, I'd look at Sidbury. If he's a first-round pick or even mid-2nd, I'd guess that there would be more FCS players showing up. I think he's going to make the first round, though.

smallcollegefbfan
April 20th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Based on history less than 12 or 15 will go in the first six rounds. There are usually several taken in round 7 and a few here and there sprinkled in 2-5, with the 6th round where it really starts to pick up.

Retro
April 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM
This is kind of a weak year for FCS prospects.. At least those that are sure fire picks in the first 5 rounds.. I would guess around 12 picks max, but you never know.. There seemed to be a lot more NFL team scouts doing multiple visits to see some players regardless of the school.. I think there were at least 3 here at Mcneese and only 1 player is likely to be drafted, if that.

jstclmet
April 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Sidbury will get drafted before the 7th as will Greg Miller (DE) of Villanova. Miller's being looked at by a couple of squads, and another is being looked at, but for an offensive position. The kid played LB & S while @ Nova. He may get picked up after the draft.

Hood
April 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Call me a homer too, I voted for Webb but I can also see Bomar going 3rd round as well as Barden.

achrist70
April 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM
From the latest mock drafts I've seen Everette Pedescleaux has been projected in the 3rd to 5th rounds. Now I think he is closer to 5th but I do think it will be before the 7th.

LakesBison
April 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
too bad the NFL draft wasnt held the sunday after NDSU beat Minnesota 2 years ago and Tyler Roehl went fo 273 yards......

Dangit Tyler!!